Whats the most overrated developer?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cheatymcshifty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 cheatymcshifty
Member since 2004 • 718 Posts
Well, I know theres alot of developers that people blindly follow out there, I was wondering which of these everyone thinks is the most overrated

The poll was just some I thought would be common.. I didnt include EA because no one likes them... as developers at least.
 I put epic in there because of all the hype gears is still getting... though, I do think gears is a f'in great game... love the multiplayer... no game is as good as people seem to think gears is... especially a game with less than 2 pages of real storyline...

I'm a Square fanboy.. i'll admit it.. everyone of there ps1 games was pure gold, period.. the ff's still live up to my expectations... i'm sure some disagree
Konami for MGS, and Capcom because there becoming quite the mega developer/publisher.. and most there games are hyped alot...

For me it's Team ninja.. i'm not sure if there acutally part of another company.. but I just think there so overrated.

Ninja gaiden is a really good game no doubt... but i'm not as blown away by it as alot of people seem to be....

DOA is such a shallow fighter... the first few were alright, but 3+ just... eh... beleive it or not.. realistic breast physics are NOT more important than good gamplay.

Then theres DOA:X... i'm not even gonna start on this series....
Krudus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Krudus
Member since 2006 • 1156 Posts
none of those are overrated...
Private_Vegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Private_Vegas
Member since 2007 • 2783 Posts
I'll go with Epic, just because Cliffy B is an rtard. Konami is pretty over rated too, actually Hideo Kojima is over rated as a parson. Some people on this forum would slit their wrists if they thought it would make Hideo like them.
cheatymcshifty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 cheatymcshifty
The poll was just the most commonly hyped ones I could think of.. I personally think all of them except team ninja are great... I was asking opinions, it didnt have to go with the poll.
Zeokor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Zeokor
Member since 2006 • 370 Posts
I'll go with Epic, just because Cliffy B is an rtard.Private_Vegas
... and thats why you think Epic is over-rated? I don't think its Cliffy B thats a rtard...
Matmoo_Wii60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Matmoo_Wii60
Member since 2006 • 361 Posts

I would've voted EA but it wasn't there...

I voted Konami, because it does come out with great titles (MGS, PES), but it also comes out with the worst the games industry has to offer. I don't know why it is rated so highly, it has the potential to either make or break any of it's titles.

piano_pimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 piano_pimp
Member since 2005 • 759 Posts
i dunno, they're all pretty good developers
Kaosed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Kaosed
Member since 2006 • 3409 Posts
I'll go with Epic, just because Cliffy B is an rtard. Konami is pretty over rated too, actually Hideo Kojima is over rated as a parson. Some people on this forum would slit their wrists if they thought it would make Hideo like them.Private_Vegas

no way most epic games pwn, id say square enix, all they know is ff
XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts

Konami isnt too bad. Kojima is immensely overrated.

His works tend to have variety and a bit of innovation, but they lack quality. Quality > unpolished innovation. Blizzard might not be the most innovative company, but they are nearly unrivled in quality....and thats why Blizzard will probably always be better than Kojima.

cheatymcshifty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 cheatymcshifty
I really wish i could just edit posts... anyway..

Epics winning right now...with square and konami in 2nd but theres a bunch of votes and not many posts... I'm interested in why everyones voting for the different companies, guess I should expect less posts with a poll at the top.
fartgorilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 fartgorilla
Member since 2005 • 785 Posts
I chose Konami. I can dig what he's going for with MGS but I'm not in to the style. I almost chose Square because of Dragon Quest -- the way Japan obsesses over them is just frightening, but I do love their games. Haven't really cared for DOA since DOA 2, but Jesus H Christ -- Ninja Gaiden blew my mind! I don't think Team Ninja is especially hyped, at least not in the same league as these guys. I'd probably put Bioware in their place, or Ubisoft Montreal. Not that I think those companies are over-hyped, but IMO they get more hype than Team Ninja. Oh, and of course, Nintendo.
project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 project343
Member since 2005 • 14106 Posts
Konami. I'm simply not a big fan.
Private_Vegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Private_Vegas
Member since 2007 • 2783 Posts

[QUOTE="Private_Vegas"]I'll go with Epic, just because Cliffy B is an rtard.Zeokor
... and thats why you think Epic is over-rated? I don't think its Cliffy B thats a rtard...

Calm down man, it's just video games. I'm as fond of Gear and Unreal as the next guy. I'm just not pleased with Cliffy B's decisions for Gears online and I decided to make a joke. Sorry if I offended you.

truesKill87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 truesKill87
Member since 2007 • 282 Posts
BIOWARE easily
Avatar image for -GeordiLaForge-
-GeordiLaForge-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 -GeordiLaForge-
Member since 2006 • 7167 Posts

I would've voted EA but it wasn't there...

Matmoo_Wii60
I agree. EA sports games are sluggish, and the character control is awful. I still can't believe that they are the sole NFL licensed football game maker. Competition drives innovation, and EA sports games need both...
Avatar image for 6icks_tea_4hoar
6icks_tea_4hoar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 6icks_tea_4hoar
Member since 2007 • 1492 Posts
nintendo.
Avatar image for -GeordiLaForge-
-GeordiLaForge-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 -GeordiLaForge-
Member since 2006 • 7167 Posts
BIOWARE easilytruesKill87
You've never even played a Bioware game before. You're just bashing them because they're making Mass Effect. You bash the 360 in every single thread. It's really getting old....
rifts_z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 rifts_z
Member since 2005 • 229 Posts
I say Bungie and Guerilla are way over rated!
Kook18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Kook18
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts
Square easily, I haven't enjoyed a thing they've put out since the PS1.
cheatymcshifty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 cheatymcshifty
Oh, i did forget nintendo, but there 1st party so... there a bit different.

I'm surprised square is winning, I love pretty much everything they spit out.. even there few non-rpgs.. but enix i'm not as fond of.. and since they merged with enix... they've kinda left me hangin with anything other than Final Fantasy.. a new Parasite Eve would make my gaming-year. which there were plans for before they merged... as would a real new xenogears, a brave fencer musashi that was... good... a new Einhander...would make me cream my pants... but since they've merged with enix it's been.... Final fantasy and Dragon Quest... period...

I've just realized how much I dislike Enix for ruining my favorite company.. never noticed it before...

Anway, ones that didnt make the poll but probably would have got some votes were

Nintendo
Sony (Legend of dragoon was awesome..... shutup,)
Bioware
EA
Bungie
Ubisoft (montreal if you want)
Blizzard
Probably forgetting some

OH and sony made legend of legia 1 didnt they? man.. sony f'in rocks...