What's The Most Foolish Reasoning Common To System Wars???

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

trix5817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 trix5817
Member since 2004 • 12252 Posts

[QUOTE="Spartan070"][QUOTE="RahnAetas"]Oh that's easy:

"I don't like it, so it will fail."Xbox_PWNS_YOU

Yeah, the fanboys old standby.

just like

"I like it, so it will be AAA"

Or it's on my system, so it will be amazing.
baddog121390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 baddog121390
Member since 2005 • 4335 Posts
"Crysis vs. *anything*" (well, other than Project Offset)
"My PC has better graphics than all your consoles!!1" (Stupidest topics ever.)

I guess it's more like certain topics I think are foolish. Some logic I think is foolish is "The Wii is ruining gaming!," and "M$ is like, milking you for money because of Live! SWITCH TO PSN!"
Saturos3091
Crysis already beats PO in the graphics department.
AB_Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 AB_Uppercut
Member since 2007 • 1287 Posts

The Japanese aren't buying our games, they must be racist.ShakeNBake1491

yeah I have to go with that one as well

bc1391

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 bc1391
Member since 2004 • 11906 Posts
"Japanese are prejudiced to Western ideas"
"Gameplay>>Graphics"
"Graphics>>Gameplay"
"(insert favorite console brand) will win because of the brand name"

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts
[QUOTE="Spartan070"]For me it's when someone says a game sells great then someone else says "I guess 50 Cent: Bulletproof is the best game ever, right?" That's the worst cop-out answer ever. People said this when Burning Crusade sold well, when Gears sold well and every other good selling game I can think of. People always feels like that proves a point. It's marketed to a huge demographic, it therefore sold very well. That DOESN't mean it's vaunted as "the best game ever" or that it's "just like" every other good selling game.

Anyway, what's the foolish reasoning you hear all the time?
trix5817

Just said that. It's a good example. Quantity doesn't equal Quality. Looks like you just can't accept that............

It's a good example in certain cases dealing with certain fanboys but NOBODY has ever stated that game was good or "teh best eva." Hermits always make poor attempts to connect that game to every game that sells well as if no other game is more deserving that Bulletproof. It's the "context" which with you say it that's asinine.
McMurmur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 McMurmur
Member since 2005 • 1427 Posts
"If it's not on my system of choice, it's garbage."

I think this is the ONLY reasoning in use here.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#57 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
[QUOTE="Xbox_PWNS_YOU"]"We're on GS so only GS reviews matter"MTBare
Only way to keep consistency.

why cant we use gamerankings. its the perfect thing. its an average of every review on the game. so no one opinion. but multiple opinions. i think that would show how legit a AAA game really is, or how much of a flop a game really is.
mtradr43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 mtradr43
Member since 2005 • 5272 Posts
for me its when every single ps3 fanboy says that their games are automatically going to get AAA no matter what the game is just becuase it is on a crapray disc
trix5817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 trix5817
[QUOTE="trix5817"][QUOTE="Spartan070"]For me it's when someone says a game sells great then someone else says "I guess 50 Cent: Bulletproof is the best game ever, right?" That's the worst cop-out answer ever. People said this when Burning Crusade sold well, when Gears sold well and every other good selling game I can think of. People always feels like that proves a point. It's marketed to a huge demographic, it therefore sold very well. That DOESN't mean it's vaunted as "the best game ever" or that it's "just like" every other good selling game.

Anyway, what's the foolish reasoning you hear all the time?
Spartan070

Just said that. It's a good example. Quantity doesn't equal Quality. Looks like you just can't accept that............

It's a good example in certain cases dealing with certain fanboys but NOBODY has ever stated that game was good or "teh best eva." Hermits always make poor attempts to connect that game to every game that sells well as if no other game is more deserving that Bulletproof. It's the "context" which with you say it that's asinine.

Why is it a bad arguement? It drives me crazy when people factor sales into arguements on how good a game will be. Or how game A better than game B because game A sold more. That's not the case AT ALL.
pis3rch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 pis3rch
Member since 2006 • 1695 Posts
"that game has good graphics, so clearly it is only about the graphics and has absolutely no fun. not even a little." i hate this to no end. im not one of those people who think graphics are > or = to gameplay, but they are a nice bonus to the game. a game is allowed to have good graphics and gameplay, okay?!?!
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#61 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
"the wii is the weakest system it sucks. the psp is stronger" the wii specs show its stronger than all 3 last gen consoles. its just not as strong as PS3 or 360 we have known that for a year and a half seriously shut up and come up with other complaints. "360s break to much there garbage" BullS**T, ive had mine since launch, its doing fine.
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

Why is it a bad arguement? It drives me crazy when people factor sales into arguements on how good a game will be. Or one game A better than game B because game A sold more. That's not the case AT ALL.
trix5817
I dunno, I guess I think there are simply more effective ways of owning those guys then bringing up that tripe. A better example would be Madden I guess. I mean 50Cent really didn't sell that well compared to a lot of the games that people make those claims about.
trix5817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 trix5817
[QUOTE="trix5817"]

Why is it a bad arguement? It drives me crazy when people factor sales into arguements on how good a game will be. Or one game A better than game B because game A sold more. That's not the case AT ALL.
Spartan070
I dunno, I guess I think there are simply more effective ways of owning those guys then bringing up that tripe. A better example would be Madden I guess. I mean 50Cent really didn't sell that well compared to a lot of the games that people make those claims about.

Using a different game doesn't change the main point of the person who posted that though. It still uses the same concept.
Gunnuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Gunnuts
Member since 2005 • 953 Posts
Hyping games based on their exclusiveness before even hearing anything about them and using it as ownage
Gunnuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Gunnuts
Member since 2005 • 953 Posts
Oh and i forgot, Console exclusive, what a load of sh....
helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#66 helium_flash
Member since 2007 • 9244 Posts
When a game is going to be great just because the graphics are good.
AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#67 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts
* GameX got so many great scores, great reviews, and great praise from so many gamers, is immensly popular... but it's not on my system, therefore it's "OVERRATED". ("overrated" is the golden mantra of the ignorant fanboy)

* GameX scored AAA but since I don't think it deserved that, the only "logoical" explanation is that the publisher/developer MUST have paid off gamespot. (so lets see you trace the money wire, smart guy)

* GameX that I have been dying to come out, have pinned my entire hopes and dreams on, that I stated publicly here will be THE system seller and the definitive proof of how MY system makes yours the suxxorz.... just got AA (or less), GS is BIASED and maybe even the competition payed them off. (yeah it sucks the score it got, DEAL WITH IT)

* Rumble is last-gen, oh and it can damage the delicate nerve endings of your fingers... until it comes to the PS3 (rumble has been a staple of gaming for over 10 years and 1 console losing it WON'T change that)

* Wii is ONLY for kids (plenty of adults playing on Wii)

* The Wii-mote is a gimmick, absolutely NOT innovative at all (because YOU don't have it)

* Xbox 360 is more expensive than PS3 because you MUST buy every peripheral ever invented for it, and of course you'll only ever spend $600 on PS3 over the course of 5 years (as if you'll never buy extra peripherals for or any games for PS3)

* Xbox 360 has ONLY shooters for its game library (open your eyes, get a priest to exorcize the Ignorance demon from thou body and mind)

* PS3 can completely replace a PC (DON'T make me laugh)

* PS3 has no good games (it's off to a slow start but the library will grow and get better)
Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#68 Danm_999
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts
The concept of a console exclusive and a Microsoft exclusive really strikes me as a massive oxymoron. It's exclusive if we totally ignore this very common item. Since the PS2 had a rocky start and dominated, the PS3 obviously will do the same. The Wii debate; that it has the patent on gameplay innovation, and thus graphics are irrelevant. The opposite side of the Wii debate, that it sucks because of bad graphics. That since XBL is only $50 a year, and it's not that much money, we should pay it without question and quit complaining. That Microsoft and Sony are taking losses on their consoles to help gamers. That Blu-ray is relevant and necessary for gaming.
bragac200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 bragac200
Member since 2003 • 1161 Posts
the Wii isn't garbageTHETRUEDOZAH

Ok that's pretty funny.