Whats the better deal? A PS3 and 360 for 600, or a 600 Gaming PC?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SlimWifi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SlimWifi
Member since 2010 • 213 Posts

assuming you can buy a 600 dollar gamingpc with purchasing an Operating system. My answer is the PS3/360, yours?

hoola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 hoola
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

PC because it does more than just games and movies.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
I can not belive I am saying this but I would get the two consoles. Many more games to enjoy.
moistsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 moistsandwich
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

360/PS3.... because honestly... you're not getting much of a gaming PC for $600.... heck the vid card I have, which is a couple years old already, is still half that price.

Jonas008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Jonas008
Member since 2006 • 428 Posts
PS360 > Gaming PC cause of all the exclusive are way better than any on PC also a gaming pc for 600 ? i doubt it can even run crysis at high reso
ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#6 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

Depends on what your after, I suppose. I would go with the PS3/360, but I already have those two.:P

shane_orija

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 shane_orija
Member since 2008 • 910 Posts

PC because it does more than just games and movies.

hoola
This
badtaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 badtaker
Member since 2009 • 3806 Posts
PC for 600 ???? I would suggest go for consoles
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 millerlight89

360/PS3.... because honestly... you're not getting much of a gaming PC for $600.... heck the vid card I have, which is a couple years old already, is still half that price.

moistsandwich
What video card?
Mystic-G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Mystic-G
Member since 2006 • 6462 Posts
PS360 > Gaming PC cause of all the exclusive are way better than any on PC also a gaming pc for 600 ? i doubt it can even run crysis at high resoJonas008
Actually you can. Even so, if it's solely for gaming you want then might aswell get PS3/360. Developers/Publishers alienate the PC versions far too much these days to want to get a new gaming rig. It'll be either a poor port, horrible DRM, no mod support, or no features to support the PC community. Maybe once this gen starts dying off while waiting for a new gen to arrive we'll see a up-rise in worthy games, but honestly there isn't a whole lot on PC to be excited for at the moment. Still waiting on BF3.
Hathesulacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Hathesulacon
Member since 2008 • 1374 Posts

I can not belive I am saying this but I would get the two consoles. Many more games to enjoy.millerlight89
This is right, while comp graphics are nice. You honestly aren't getting the same value with games like UC2, God of War 3, Reach, Fable 3, gears 3, Crackdown 2 and more. You would just be missing out on too much. Besides get an average card for your pc and scale the graphics down since "graphics dont matter"

SlimWifi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SlimWifi

[QUOTE="millerlight89"]I can not belive I am saying this but I would get the two consoles. Many more games to enjoy.Hathesulacon

This is right, while comp graphics are nice. You honestly aren't getting the same value with games like UC2, God of War 3, Reach, Fable 3, gears 3, Crackdown 2 and more. You would just be missing out on too much. Besides get an average card for your pc and scale the graphics down since "graphics dont matter"

This, plus the fact that if you build a pc or get a gaming PC for 600 its not going to be that good, you need to buy the Operating System so include that.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61532 Posts

For $600 i'd go for the consoles. If my budget was a little higher, say for a few games etc, i'd definately go for the PC.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 millerlight89

[QUOTE="Hathesulacon"]

[QUOTE="millerlight89"]I can not belive I am saying this but I would get the two consoles. Many more games to enjoy.SlimWifi

This, plus the fact that if you build a pc or get a gaming PC for 600 its not going to be that good, you need to buy the Operating System so include that.

Actually that is false. You can build a great PC including an OS. If you were going to have to buy monitor and the input devices, then you would be right.
lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts

As a PS3/360 owner, it's a bit of a waste to have both. So I'm going to go with PS3 + netbook. You can't chain me down with your "pre-selected poll answers"!

If you were going to have to buy monitor and the input devices, then you would be right. millerlight89

Input devices you'd have to buy new (I think I've destroyed keyboards, mice, and gamepads in pretty much equal measure over the years - they're pretty much consumable parts), but for monitor and speakers, it's reasonable to assume that a new gaming device (console or PC) would be plugged into whatever you already have, requiring only the appropriate (DVI/HDMI/DVI-HDMI) cable.

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts
[QUOTE="moistsandwich"]

millerlight89
What video card?

You can get a really good video card for about $150, so it doesn't really matter w/e hes talking about, no video card from 2 years ago is $300 now.
SlimWifi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SlimWifi

[QUOTE="SlimWifi"]

[QUOTE="Hathesulacon"]This is right, while comp graphics are nice. You honestly aren't getting the same value with games like UC2, God of War 3, Reach, Fable 3, gears 3, Crackdown 2 and more. You would just be missing out on too much. Besides get an average card for your pc and scale the graphics down since "graphics dont matter"

millerlight89

Actually that is false. You can build a great PC including an OS. If you were going to have to buy monitor and the input devices, then you would be right.

yeah well the PC does incur more money thats for sure. Still like you said, id take the better games and exclusives over the PC

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 millerlight89
[QUOTE="millerlight89"][QUOTE="moistsandwich"]

110million
What video card?

You can get a really good video card for about $150, so it doesn't really matter w/e hes talking about, no video card from 2 years ago is $300 now.

I wanted to see what video card he is talking about.
moistsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 moistsandwich

[QUOTE="moistsandwich"]

millerlight89

What video card?

GTX 275.... plz don't give links to newegg or some other site, in some blind belief that those places deliver to everywhere in the world.... or that your dollar is the same as my dollar.

DeckardLeeVI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DeckardLeeVI
Member since 2010 • 37 Posts

PS360 > Gaming PC cause of all the exclusive are way better than any on PC also a gaming pc for 600 ? i doubt it can even run crysis at high resoJonas008

It can easily max Crysis at 1280x1024. Go down to High and you can get much higher res and filtering.

Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 Hahadouken
Member since 2009 • 5546 Posts
A $600 PC is a piece of crap, so I'll take the two consoles.
The-Mosher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22 The-Mosher
Member since 2009 • 1885 Posts

PS3 and 360. $600 for a gaming PC isn't going to be the best thing ever since you won't be able to run most games on a good setting. And, there are a good amount of games the both consoles will give you.

SlimWifi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SlimWifi

by looking at the results of this poll it just goes to show you that there are more Hermits than cows and lems here. lol

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 millerlight89

moistsandwich

What video card?

GTX 275.... plz don't give links to newegg or some other site, in some blind belief that those places deliver to everywhere in the world.... or that your dollar is the same as my dollar.

What are you talking about? I do not have to link to prove you wrong. The gtx275 was released last April...... that is barely a year.
Brainkiller05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Brainkiller05
Member since 2005 • 28954 Posts
PC, because after you spend 600 on the console you're also going to need to spend even more money for a PC or a laptop.
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 millerlight89
A $600 PC is a piece of crap, so I'll take the two consoles.Hahadouken
That is 100% false.
110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 110million

moistsandwich

What video card?

Please don't have some blind belief that every topic thats talking about money means for your country. :|
The-Mosher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#29 The-Mosher
Member since 2009 • 1885 Posts

by looking at the results of this poll it just goes to show you that there are more Hermits than cows and lems here. lol

SlimWifi
Jesus Christ, can you go back to school so you can realize that not everyone will agree with you opinions?
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 millerlight89

[QUOTE="moistsandwich"]

[QUOTE="millerlight89"] What video card? Mystic-G

Well if the topic starter is from the U.S. then your point would be moot.

It already is..... it has been out barely even a year :P

MellowMighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MellowMighty
Member since 2008 • 691 Posts

ps360. But i would try and shell out 300 more dollars to get PS3/PC. I love my 360, but it shines most when you dont have a gaming PC. You do miss out, but in the smallest way wwith PS3/PC ccombo.

SlimWifi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SlimWifi

[QUOTE="SlimWifi"]

The-Mosher

Jesus Christ, can you go back to school so you can realize that not everyone will agree with you opinions?

I guess I hit a nerve with that one, ok well let the poll rule out, i think this one is a no brainer but you are right, not everyone is going to agree with my opinion and I understand that.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 millerlight89

SlimWifi
I did not know only 26 people made up system wars....
SlimWifi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SlimWifi

[QUOTE="SlimWifi"]

millerlight89

I did not know only 26 people made up system wars....

lol well we shall see.

AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 AnnoyedDragon
Member since 2006 • 9948 Posts

Putting two platforms up against one? Typical of SW. Let's put PC + X up against Y platform and see how that works out? I have this odd feeling platform Y would object.

Either way; PC has more exclusive games than both those platforms put together. So it would have to come from preference to argue less exclusive games and lower quality cross platform games are better.

SlimWifi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SlimWifi

Putting two platforms up against one? Typical of SW. Let's put PC + X up against Y platform and see how that works out? I have this odd feeling platform Y would object.

Either way; PC has more exclusive games than both those platforms put together. So it would have to come from preference to argue less exclusive games and lower quality cross platform games are better.

AnnoyedDragon

600 dollars is 600 dollars

dovberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#37 dovberg
Member since 2009 • 3348 Posts

my favorite games are almost always capcom multiplat and generally 360 is best for that.

TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TacticalDesire
Member since 2010 • 10713 Posts

I think you have to go with the PS3/360 I mean there is just more support for those two consoles than there is for any PC atm. Each console in its own right has a nice list of exclusives to boast and...multi-plats tend to be more dedicated and designed for those two systems.

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 110million

[QUOTE="Mystic-G"][QUOTE="moistsandwich"]

millerlight89

Well if the topic starter is from the U.S. then your point would be moot.

Yeah, its still around $300 even on newegg.. cause its not 2 years old. :lol:
shane_orija

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 shane_orija
Member since 2008 • 910 Posts

AnnoyedDragon
Hehe, cows use that logic all the time for dismissing games like Mass Effect.
moistsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 moistsandwich

[QUOTE="millerlight89"]

[QUOTE="Mystic-G"] Well if the topic starter is from the U.S. then your point would be moot. 110million

Okay... so I was wrong about how long its been on the market.... but so what.... it is $300 like I said, half the price of the "$600 PC".... I'm already thinking about upgrading, I wouldnt want to game on the PC with anything less than what I currently have.

Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#42 Hahadouken
Member since 2009 • 5546 Posts
[QUOTE="Hahadouken"]A $600 PC is a piece of crap, so I'll take the two consoles.millerlight89
That is 100% false.

No it's not. I have a rig, I PC game, I'm not perpetuating myths to sandbag PC gaming. $600 on a PC from an actual store is going to be a piece of crap. It's enough to upgrade an existing rig, but $600 from scratch it a piece of crap PC. Everyone on the internet who makes a "build a top class PC for $600!" goes and finds the absolute lowest of the low deals on NewEgg, then tallies up like 4 pieces of gear. No PSU, no case, no keyboard and mouse (because EVERYONE already owns a GOOD KB/M combo right? LOL) no OS, no wireless adapter, no hard drive, no peripherals, no DVD drive... If it was a $1200 PC then it would make the decision much more difficult.
AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 AnnoyedDragon
Member since 2006 • 9948 Posts

SlimWifi

An argument based purely on a figure; with no context on what you get for that figure.

If people are so price driven they would all be on the Wii, the fact of the matter is they are willing to pay more than the cheapest product available to access a range of features that cheaper products do not provide.

PC gaming has access to more games and it offers higher resolutions/quality filters than consoles do, therefore the logical choice is obvious. It only isn't obvious when you start throwing preferences in there, otherwise why pay for access to less games at a lower quality?

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 millerlight89

[QUOTE="110million"][QUOTE="millerlight89"] It already is..... it has been out barely even a year :P

moistsandwich

Okay... so I was wrong about how long its been on the market.... but so what.... it is $300 like I said, half the price of the "$600 PC".... I'm already thinking about upgrading, I wouldnt want to game on the PC with anything less than what I currently have.

So what? Well saying a video card is 2 years old is wrong. The 4850 is $100 and is not even 2 years old.
110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 110million

[QUOTE="110million"][QUOTE="millerlight89"] It already is..... it has been out barely even a year :P

moistsandwich

It doesn't take a $300 GPU to be better than a PS3 and 360 combined. :wink:
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 millerlight89
$600 on a PC from an actual store is going to be a piece of crap. Hahadouken
I stopped reading.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61532 Posts

[QUOTE="millerlight89"][QUOTE="Hahadouken"]A $600 PC is a piece of crap, so I'll take the two consoles.Hahadouken
That is 100% false.

No it's not. I have a rig, I PC game, I'm not perpetuating myths to sandbag PC gaming. $600 on a PC from an actual store is going to be a piece of crap. It's enough to upgrade an existing rig, but $600 from scratch it a piece of crap PC. Everyone on the internet who makes a "build a top class PC for $600!" goes and finds the absolute lowest of the low deals on NewEgg, then tallies up like 4 pieces of gear. No PSU, no case, no keyboard and mouse (because EVERYONE already owns a GOOD KB/M combo right? LOL) no OS, no wireless adapter, no hard drive, no peripherals, no DVD drive... If it was a $1200 PC then it would make the decision much more difficult.

Every PC i've seen posted includes everything for the tower. How could they leave out PSU, HDD etc and expect it to work.

Stopo using hyperbole as in this case, it just doesn't work.

moistsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 moistsandwich

[QUOTE="moistsandwich"]

[QUOTE="110million"] Yeah, its still around $300 even on newegg.. cause its not 2 years old. :lol:110million

It doesn't take a $300 GPU to be better than a PS3 and 360 combined. :wink:

Doesn't matter how powerful the GPU is.... can the PC play... Halo 3? MGS? Forza 3? GT5? Halo: Reach? The LastGuardian? FFXIII? Heavy Rain? Red Dead Redemption? Alan Wake? Crackdown 2?.... etc. etc. etc.

Point is.... when I'm gaming on PC I want things too look good, because thatsone of the pluses about gaming on a PC, is having a better looking version. So if I'm building a PC it isn'tgonna be some $600 piece of garbage.

Plus 360/PS3combined give you so many moregames, that the PC will never see. Yeah I know PC has games consoles don't... but the numbers are not in PC'sfavor... unless you are going to count games prior to 2005?

Brainkiller05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Brainkiller05
Member since 2005 • 28954 Posts

[QUOTE="AnnoyedDragon"]

SlimWifi

I'm guessing you're not using the PS3 web browser to make that post. therefore PC is the better deal. PC = PC stuff and gaming. Consoles = gaming. 600 is 600 but you're also going to have to buy a laptop or pc to browse the net etc.