Whats the Best Hitman game as series now concluded?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

Poll Whats the Best Hitman game as series now concluded? (19 votes)

Hitman codename 47 5%
Hitman 2 Silent Assassin 21%
Hitman Blood Money 37%
Hitman Absolution 11%
Hitman World of Assassination (Trilogy) 26%

Hello,

No Caption Provided

So Hitman series now concluded in good note. whats the best game overall?

for me its Blood Money follow closely by World of Assassination.

been replaying WOA and its how you do modern third person game that is not movie game or scripted hand holdy (turn off mission stories) and have multiple way to complete objectives. when it comes to level design its by far best one with huge sandbox design.

Blood money is best with having excellent soundtrack, atmosphere redefine version of previous games and heavily improved upon original games.

worst is Absolution. not a Hitman game. generic action game with auto aim.

so friends, which one is now best? lets vote and discuss.

• 
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46299 Posts

I only ever liked Hitman 2 and Blood Money

All of the others I just couldn't get into.

I hope their 007 game is a first person game. just do it like the N64 days, show the actor, pan around him then zoom in and you're playing as him. It would help me a lot to get into these games.

Loading Video...

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24925 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

I only ever liked Hitman 2 and Blood Money

All of the others I just couldn't get into.

I hope their 007 game is a first person game. just do it like the N64 days, show the actor, pan around him then zoom in and you're playing as him. It would help me a lot to get into these games.

Loading Video...

world of assasination is one game.

hitman 2 was old game. hitman 2 silent assassin. and that was also masterpiece.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46299 Posts

@ghosts4ever: I don't like the three new games, I can't get into them.

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin is the best game in the series. Period. Followed closely by Blood Money.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#4 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58976 Posts

Contracts.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

Splinter Cell trilogy is superior to both, MGS and Hitman. Sorry, but you gotta deal with facts.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6048 Posts

Which is the one where 47 is in the coffin? I didn't mind that one, the earlier ones were rough around the edges.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14803 Posts

Haven't played all of them but really enjoyed Blood Money. Contracts was cool too, liked how dark it was.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2411 Posts

Gefaellt mir nicht.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7271 Posts

The one with the sex nuns.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ghosts4ever

@R4gn4r0k said:

@ghosts4ever: I don't like the three new games, I can't get into them.

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin is the best game in the series. Period. Followed closely by Blood Money.

The 3 latest Hitman games have best design by far.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ghosts4ever
@uninspiredcup said:

Contracts.

forgot to put contracts on poll lol. and I really like it.

its codename 47 remake done right.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58313 Posts

I've always been partial to Blood Money as having the best missions and a good story and really just the best overall design, buuuuuuuuuuuut...

...the Hitman "World of Assassination" is arguably the best example of a service-based game to come out. No real strings attached, just a lot of great content, with regular updates and even a new "rogue like" game mode released not too long ago. The game has been silently supported to a great extent with little to no fanfare, appreciated by what seems to be a small but loyal community, each and every week since its release for years.

IOI really is passionate about their games, or at least this latest installment of Hitman. One of my favorite developers for that reason alone. I just wish they'd release more/different games.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mrbojangles25
@hardwenzen said:

Splinter Cell trilogy is superior to both, MGS and Hitman. Sorry, but you gotta deal with facts.

Trilogy? Sure.

But the series was ruined with Double Agent, Conviction, and Blacklist. One series got worse over time, ending with a "live-service" game that was shit (Blacklist); another got better over time, and ended with one of the rare example of a "live-service" game done right.

Hitman didn't tank an entire series with half--the latter half--of their game series being garbage. The only "bad" Hitman game was Absolution, and it wasn't even bad...it was just "less good" than the series as a whole.

Also I don't really feel the need to choose, I'm not sure why you do either. They're all stealth games, sure, but the fact is they are different enough to be worthy of love from all types. SC is covert espionage by a clandestine government agency; Hitman is "hide in plain site" assassination game done with a contract agency. One is kind of a serious and dudebro, another is sort of dark humor and creative.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ghosts4ever

@mrbojangles25 said:

I've always been partial to Blood Money as having the best missions and a good story and really just the best overall design, buuuuuuuuuuuut...

...the Hitman "World of Assassination" is arguably the best example of a service-based game to come out. No real strings attached, just a lot of great content, with regular updates and even a new "rogue like" game mode released not too long ago. The game has been silently supported to a great extent with little to no fanfare, appreciated by what seems to be a small but loyal community, each and every week since its release for years.

IOI really is passionate about their games, or at least this latest installment of Hitman. One of my favorite developers for that reason alone. I just wish they'd release more/different games.

it seem like most people never played WOA games. Absolution was what made it mainstream and almost killed it until WOA saved it. it is nichie series and absolution wanted to be to apeal on mainstream market to compete with Batman and Assassins creed and it failed.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ghosts4ever
@mrbojangles25 said:
@hardwenzen said:

Trilogy? Sure.

But the series was ruined with Double Agent, Conviction, and Blacklist. One series got worse over time, ending with a "live-service" game that was shit (Blacklist); another got better over time, and ended with one of the rare example of a "live-service" game done right.

Hitman didn't tank an entire series with half--the latter half--of their game series being garbage. The only "bad" Hitman game was Absolution, and it wasn't even bad...it was just "less good" than the series as a whole.

Also I don't really feel the need to choose, I'm not sure why you do either. They're all stealth games, sure, but the fact is they are different enough to be worthy of love from all types. SC is covert espionage by a clandestine government agency; Hitman is "hide in plain site" assassination game done with a contract agency. One is kind of a serious and dudebro, another is sort of dark humor and creative.

Absolution on its own is not a bad game. a good action stealth game but bad hitman game. and if thier 007 game follow absolution but with car chases than it would be appreciated. absolution approach more suitable to James bond game rather Hitman game.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2138 Posts

I think a lot of people have the nostalgia glasses on when saying that Blood Money is the best. The gameplay is pretty bad compared to the new trilogy.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mrbojangles25

@ghosts4ever said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

it seem like most people never played WOA games. Absolution was what made it mainstream and almost killed it until WOA saved it. it is nichie series and absolution wanted to be to apeal on mainstream market to compete with Batman and Assassins creed and it failed.

The initial WOA game was "episodic" which turned a lot of people off from it despite its quality.

Stealth games are also a bit of a niche genre these days, unfortunately. Lord knows I'd love a new Thief or Splinter Cell but apparently not enough other people do.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mrbojangles25
@rmpumper said:

I think a lot of people have the nostalgia glasses on when saying that Blood Money is the best. The gameplay is pretty bad compared to the new trilogy.

Well, "bad" is a bit strong of a word, but it is not as great as the recent games, that's for sure.

Still, the mission design in Blood Money is fantastic. The amount of replays I got out of that game was incredible. You can say the same for later games, however, so I guess it's not that special haha.

*All this talk has me reinstalling Hitman lol

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22685 Posts

Can someone please explain world of assassination to me? I have hitman 3 on my wishlist but last week it went up for sale but it wasn't called hitman 3. I read the description of world of assassination but didn't understand what I was buying? Pieces of other hitman games? Where is hitman 3?

Also, I find the modern hitman games to be incredible. They have their own feel to them that other games don't offer. Very much enjoy.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By uninspiredcup
@TheEroica said:

Can someone please explain world of assassination to me?

Basically, instead of releasing a game, they thought they would release a convoluted online mess where not sure what you're actually purchasing.

And when this was highlighted, they continued to do it.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:
@TheEroica said:

Basically, instead of releasing a game, they thought they would release a convoluted online mess where not sure what you're actually purchasing.

They are 3 games in one. now. originally it was episodic.

become one of the best trilogy in gaming.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TheEroica  Moderator

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@TheEroica said:

So if I purchase world of assassination for 16.99 or whatever steam had it for, I am receiving the entire trilogy of missions? H1, H2 and H3? They literally lost my sale this week because J didn't understand what I was getting. I already own 1 and 2 and just wanted 3.... Instead I was like, "wtf is this?" and decided to pass.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Ghosts4ever

@TheEroica said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@TheEroica said:

So if I purchase world of assassination for 16.99 or whatever steam had it for, I am receiving the entire trilogy of missions? H1, H2 and H3? They literally lost my sale this week because J didn't understand what I was getting. I already own 1 and 2 and just wanted 3.... Instead I was like, "wtf is this?" and decided to pass.

Get 1 and 2 in 3s graphics and mechanics like picture to picture and having sniper case.

World of Assassination is now 1 game.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 uninspiredcup

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@TheEroica said:

My friend, assuming internally they had some shitty sociopathic marketing weasel advising them of the latest trends and they went along with it in an attempt to maximize profile rather than valuing the consumer.

How good the game itself is doesn't really matter, how they presented it is what they call "a fucking mess".

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
@ghosts4ever said:
@TheEroica said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Get 1 and 2 in 3s graphics and mechanics like picture to picture and having sniper case.

Riiiight.... So the way I'm reading that is World of Assassination is Hitman 1 and 2 but with a graphic uptik to 3s quality. The game does not contain the missions for hitman 3. How do I buy hitman 3?

I'm not even messing with you... I still don't understand what you're saying.... There are three modern hitman games... 1, 2 and 3.... Tell me specifically what world of assassination contains....

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Ghosts4ever
@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@TheEroica said:

My friend, assuming internally they had some shitty sociopathic marketing weasel advising them of the latest trends and they went along with it in an attempt to maximize profile rather than valuing the consumer.

How good the game itself is doesn't really matter, how they presented it is what they call "a fucking mess".

come on. its now one game in 3. so it really matter game quality.

1 and 2 got 3 graphics and update for free. just because of this you missed a masterpiece and possibly best hitman game design wise.

how many developers actually redeem after flop? if it was ubisoft. WOA would be absolution 2.0 but its not.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Ghosts4ever
@TheEroica said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@TheEroica said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Riiiight.... So the way I'm reading that is World of Assassination is Hitman 1 and 2 but with a graphic uptik to 3s quality. The game does not contain the missions for hitman 3. How do I buy hitman 3?

I'm not even messing with you... I still don't understand what you're saying.... There are three modern hitman games... 1, 2 and 3.... Tell me specifically what world of assassination contains....

World of assassination contain 1 2 and 3. these 3 games are continuing of each other.

making it one game Title Hitman: World of Assassination. lol. its not hard to explain.

you definitely get Hitman 3 but also include 1 and 2.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TheEroica  Moderator

@ghosts4ever: wow... That's a killer value!

Miquella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Miquella
Member since 2022 • 744 Posts

Blood Money

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

World of Assassination is probably the funniest sandbox i've ever played. The amount of variety, details and replayability is insane ... And the laughs, OMG the laughs. Shoutouts to Vinny Caravella and the Outsidexbox crew for making me laugh so hard with this game.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts
@TheEroica said:

It's kind of weird ... it was actually very weird.

So, they released Hitman as an episodic game, it was kind of a mess at the time, it was Season 1, but since the format wasn't very popular, they released Season 2 as a full fledged game called Hitman 2 and the first Season was renamed as Hitman 1, keep in mind this were seasons at first, so the engine was pretty much the same, only getting updates and improvements, so it was basically a live service game before live services games were a thing.

When Hitman 3 was released (which it supposed to be, Season 3), they did the same thing but "better", they merged everything under a single platform (World of Assassination), they fully embraced the live service game with constant updates, new modes, missions and whatnot and for a while, you could buy Hitman 3 as an stand alone game, but after a while, they just rebranded it as WoA containing all the episodes. So yeah ... there is a lot of content.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TheEroica  Moderator

@madsnakehhh said:
@TheEroica said:

It's kind of weird ... it was actually very weird.

So, they released Hitman as an episodic game, it was kind of a mess at the time, it was Season 1, but since the format wasn't very popular, they released Season 2 as a full fledged game called Hitman 2 and the first Season was renamed as Hitman 1, keep in mind this were seasons at first, so the engine was pretty much the same, only getting updates and improvements, so it was basically a live service game before live services games were a thing.

When Hitman 3 was released (which it supposed to be, Season 3), they did the same thing but "better", they merged everything under a single platform (World of Assassination), they fully embraced the live service game with constant updates, new modes, missions and whatnot and for a while, you could buy Hitman 3 as an stand alone game, but after a while, they just rebranded it as WoA containing all the episodes. So yeah ... there is a lot of content.

That makes so much more sense.... I knew it was episodic and that each game contained the "seasons" episodes wrapped into one package... What I didn't realize is that WoA contained all that content.... Truly a mega value considering how many levels are offered over three seasons.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10446 Posts

i haven't properly enjoyed a hitman game since blood money. absolution felt very different. smaller levels, much more linear, had an annoying system where disguises only worked when you weren't dressed the same as an npc, introduced sonar vision etc. strangely i didn't think it was terrible though.

but annoyingly i've not really been able to get into the new hitman games. they just haven't gripped me. you have to turn the "opportunity presenting itself" mechanic off, which is basically hand holding, but then you run the risk of wandering round and missing your moment when a key event happens, particularly because you start out with a real lack of intel, not what you'd expect from a world class assassin.

i'd prefer to take my time, do my recon, find the best weak spot and then exploit. but instead i feel pressured into taking chances, not really knowing how they'll play out, and often coming unstuck because of something unforeseen and unpredictable happening soon after.

so then i restart thinking, ok i know not to do that next time, and i keep chipping away at it bit by bit until i complete the assassination.

it's good, because it's "real time" stealth and forces you to think and act on your feet, but on the other hand it's not so good because of what i've described above. it's all highly scripted so basically becomes groundhog day, with you playing as bill murray learning how to woo andie macdowell / take out your target by repeating every day over and over making small incremental improvements until you win her heart / kill them. i haven't ruled out that i may just be shit at it though

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By uninspiredcup
@Macutchi said:

i haven't properly enjoyed a hitman game since blood money. absolution felt very different. smaller levels, much more linear, had an annoying system where disguises only worked when you weren't dressed the same as an npc, introduced sonar vision etc. strangely i didn't think it was terrible though.

but annoyingly i've not really been able to get into the new hitman games. they just haven't gripped me. you have to turn the "opportunity presenting itself" mechanic off, which is basically hand holding, but then you run the risk of wandering round and missing your moment when a key event happens, particularly because you start out with a real lack of intel, not what you'd expect from a world class assassin.

i'd prefer to take my time, do my recon, find the best weak spot and then exploit. but instead i feel pressured into taking chances, not really knowing how they'll play out, and often coming unstuck because of something unforeseen and unpredictable happening soon after.

so then i restart thinking, ok i know not to do that next time, and i keep chipping away at it bit by bit until i complete the assassination.

it's good, because it's "real time" stealth and forces you to think and act on your feet, but on the other hand it's not so good because of what i've described above. it's all highly scripted so basically becomes groundhog day, with you playing as bill murray learning how to woo andie macdowell / take out your target by repeating every day over and over making small incremental improvements until you win her heart / kill them. i haven't ruled out that i may just be shit at it though

This is my problem. Mechanically these are light-years ahead of the older Hitman games but they do feel very theme-parky.

2/Contracts, specifically Contracts is so dripping in atmosphere that even with abit of jank, kinda don't give a shit, enjoy it far more. It pulls me in.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Ghosts4ever
@uninspiredcup said:
@Macutchi said:

This is my problem. Mechanically these are light-years ahead of the older Hitman games but they do feel very theme-parky.

2/Contracts, specifically Contracts is so dripping in atmosphere that even with abit of jank, kinda don't give a shit, enjoy it far more. It pulls me in.

I absolutely loved 2 and contracts. 2 even more but WOA is ultimate way to play Hitman games. AI is better, NPCs are more and more and maps are more complex. especially compare to absolution which failed and they bring back to roots.

still blood money is best hitman game. missed jysper kid OST which is missing in newer titles.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11294 Posts

Played every single Hitman game, didn't make it past the 5 hour mark in any of them.

if I have to answer - Hitman Blood Money.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Ghosts4ever

Hitman is also one of those series that has terrible start. the very first game was failure and buggy. before absolution it was worst in series. wonder if Developers not make Hitman sequels and stop making after original which failed.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2929 Posts

I never was a big fan of Hitman. While I have had some fun playing as a mass murderer and just killed everyone in sight, that is clearly not the way the games are intended to be played. I prefer the old Splinter Cell games instead.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8222 Posts

The one where your sneaking around the dope fields, think it was absolution

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#40 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

The new Hitman trilogy bodies the old games so badly it isn’t even close. Only cup would pretend otherwise for some dork ass reason.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Ghosts4ever
@jg4xchamp said:

The new Hitman trilogy bodies the old games so badly it isn’t even close. Only cup would pretend otherwise for some dork ass reason.

Gameplay is vastly improved over previous titles but something missing. like Atmosphere of blood money or Jysper kid OST.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 mrbojangles25

@TheEroica said:

It really is.

Also, they made each preceding game "forwards-compatible" with all the gear and stuff you unlock, which while it might not be appreciated now, was really cool for those of us that bought the games at release because when Hitman 3 came out, you could go back to Hitman 1's missions and replay them with the new weapons, gear, and disguises.

Outside of the atrocious and confusing method of retail (there's a lot of confusion on the Steam forums), the games are excellent and really well made.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#43  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15925 Posts

Blood money is the best hitman game I played but likely its nostalgia bias. I loved the game so much I replayed the levels until I got the "silent assasins" rank. The whole news story about my assassinations was a nice touch as well I was being really creative to get new unique excerpts. I only played the first Hitman reboot on PS4 and while I loved it, it kinda irked me I had to wait for weeks for new stages and missions due to the game being episodic. The PS4 exclusive missions was cool tho.