Whats so great about Xbox Live?

• 121 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

iKINGBOBi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 iKINGBOBi
Member since 2009 • 1083 Posts

I'm tired of hearing about how superior Xbox Live is. People go as far as to say they'll get a multiplat on 360 just for xbox live:| Besides cross game chat, its exactly the same as PSN. Whats so great about cross game chat anyways? If I'm playing Tekken 6 and my friend is playing Assassins Creed 2, why would I want to talk to him? Its just gonna be a distraction. Its a different story if we're playing the same game. I mean what the hell people, did you invest in a gaming console or socializing machine. If you want to talk to friends, its called using a phone:| Its a good feature, but nothing to write home about. So explain, why the hell is XBL is so great/worth the 50 bucks? Seeing as I play on both networks, I don't see "teh Superiorz"

dragonfly110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#2 dragonfly110
Member since 2008 • 27955 Posts

my reasoning for liking XBL is just the simple fact that I

A. Like the layout much better.

B, Love cross game chat (even when IM playing my Trey I usually have my Xbox on and talk to friends on it, while playin Trey.)

C. I have more friends ON XBL, and more friends=well this one explains itself, more people to play games lik Borderlands and Gears with, I dont really like playing games publically and split screen annoys me. When I have friends over we usually honestly just play single player and swithc off over split screen :P

Yankees718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Yankees718
Member since 2009 • 1033 Posts

I hate to be the person that points out the obvious but...is this the 1 millionth thread about this?

Avatar image for JHUTCHINSON0015
JHUTCHINSON0015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JHUTCHINSON0015
Member since 2009 • 96 Posts

I dont see the difference between the two either. Besides the fact that one costs while the other doesnt. Cross game chat is a cool concept but i dont think its a deciding factor between the two. If thats the only thing people can come up with thats better then it just goes to show that they are both about the same. I like PSN (not saying i dont like live) but i will say i dont pay for live when because i get psn free. No point in paying for something i already have right?

Racer850

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Racer850
Member since 2009 • 2293 Posts
XBL is a better service for playing with friends, and i own both systems.
Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#6 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts
Xbox Live is a very accessible solid online gaming service. It's had features from launch that the PSN still lacks. Good service... maybe the $50 price point isnt for everybody, but it's a solid service.
Racer850

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Racer850

I dont see the difference between the two either. Besides the fact that one costs while the other doesnt. Cross game chat is a cool concept but i dont think its a deciding factor between the two. If thats the only thing people can come up with thats better then it just goes to show that they are both about the same. I like PSN (not saying i dont like live) but i will say i dont pay for live when because i get psn free. No point in paying for something i already have right?

JHUTCHINSON0015
Today on PSN i wanted to sign out while i was playing a game, but to my surprise i had to leave the game and go back to the XMB bar, just to sign out, something you can do anywhere on XBL.
suntaice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 suntaice
Member since 2006 • 786 Posts

Nothing is great about Xbox live, its just a waste of money and could have been free.

Avatar image for SpiritOfFire117
SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SpiritOfFire117
Member since 2009 • 8537 Posts
Well for one there's the cross game chat that I'm actually using right at this very moment.
Racer850

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Racer850

Nothing is great about Xbox live, its just a waste of money and could have been free.

suntaice

I find the monthly fee cheap, but others find it expensive. Makes you wonder how people afford to run a house, but can pay a small fee every month.

mythrol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 mythrol
Member since 2005 • 5237 Posts

I'm tired of hearing about how superior Xbox Live is. People go as far as to say they'll get a multiplat on 360 just for xbox live:| Besides cross game chat, its exactly the same as PSN. Whats so great about cross game chat anyways? If I'm playing Tekken 6 and my friend is playing Assassins Creed 2, why would I want to talk to him? Its just gonna be a distraction. Its a different story if we're playing the same game. I mean what the hell people, did you invest in a gaming console or socializing machine. If you want to talk to friends, its called using a phone:| Its a good feature, but nothing to write home about. So explain, why the hell is XBL is so great/worth the 50 bucks? Seeing as I play on both networks, I don't see "teh Superiorz"

iKINGBOBi
There is no way that I'll be able to explain it to you because you've already made it up in your mind that XBL and PSN are the same. Being an owner of all 3 consoles, I can honestly tell you that XBL is head and shoulders SUPERIOR to the offerings of either Sony or Nintendo. The easiest way I could explain this is, the Xbox 360 and XBL feel like they were designed TOGETHER and so integrate perfectly. PSN feels extremely tacked on. It's also slower (as far as accessing the store and downloading stuff), not as well laid out (especially the store), and simply doesn't match XBL's feature set. It's also the little things that just don't feel like Sony thought it all through first. Like on XBL when you download a demo, that's it. You download it, and then click it to play the demo. PSN you have to download the demo, then you go to it and click it and the demo has to be installed before you can play it. I could go on, but that should be enough to show the quality difference between the two. The ONLY reason PSN is hyped, is because it's Sony's and free. So cows try and act like it's just as good as XBL AND free. This is not the case at all.
iKINGBOBi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 iKINGBOBi

XBL is a better service for playing with friends, and i own both systems.Racer850

buy why, if you guys are playing the same game, you can talk to each other as well. If you're playing different games, its just a distraction to talk to each other imo. If you know these friends in person, why not just use a phone:|

Racer850

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Racer850

[QUOTE="Racer850"]XBL is a better service for playing with friends, and i own both systems.iKINGBOBi

buy why, if you guys are playing the same game, you can talk to each other as well. If you're playing different games, its just a distraction to talk to each other imo. If you know these friends in person, why not just use a phone:|

No talking to your friends anywhere is a fantastic feature, not a distraction at all.
Yankees718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Yankees718
Member since 2009 • 1033 Posts

[QUOTE="Racer850"]XBL is a better service for playing with friends, and i own both systems.iKINGBOBi

I text. Solutions?

suntaice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 suntaice

[QUOTE="suntaice"]

Racer850

I find the monthly fee cheap, but others find it expensive. Makes you wonder how people afford to run a house, but can pay a small fee every month.

Why should I pay something which I could have gotten for free like PSN? Yes, Xbox Live does get an extra feature, cross game chat but that is all we get, nothing else.PSN has the exact same thing excluding cross game chat but its free.

druggyjoe3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 druggyjoe3000
Member since 2006 • 1523 Posts

[QUOTE="JHUTCHINSON0015"]

Racer850

Today on PSN i wanted to sign out while i was playing a game, but to my surprise i had to leave the game and go back to the XMB bar, just to sign out, something you can do anywhere on XBL.

Wow xbl had that since launch. :?

Racer850

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Racer850

[QUOTE="Racer850"]

[QUOTE="suntaice"]

suntaice

Why should I pay something which I could have gotten for free like PSN? Yes, Xbox Live does get an extra feature, cross game chat but that is all we get, nothing else.PSN has the exact same thing excluding cross game chat but its free.

XBL is easier to use, has other features PSN lacks such as the ability to sign out when your playing a game.
iKINGBOBi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 iKINGBOBi

[QUOTE="Racer850"][QUOTE="JHUTCHINSON0015"]

druggyjoe3000

Just wow, I can't believe people are using this as a reason:roll: I guess I was right PSN is just about the same as XBL

Racer850

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Racer850

[QUOTE="druggyjoe3000"]

[QUOTE="Racer850"] Today on PSN i wanted to sign out while i was playing a game, but to my surprise i had to leave the game and go back to the XMB bar, just to sign out, something you can do anywhere on XBL.iKINGBOBi

Just wow, I can't believe people are using this as a reason:roll: I guess I was right PSN is just about the same as XBL

Whatever, i own both and XBL is just a better overall service.
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 carljohnson3456
The ONLY reason PSN is hyped, is because it's Sony's and free. So cows try and act like it's just as good as XBL AND free. This is not the case at all.mythrol
It's not as good as XBL... but it's a pretty good service, especially considering the price tag. There are a few bells and whistles the PSN lacks (the main one being cross game voice chat) but the PSN and XBL arent as far apart as they used to be. Just saying, that's not the only reason people boast the PSN. It's more than just Sony's and "free". It has trophies, friends list, in-game messaging, voice chat in game, etc... all for free. XBL is better and more accessible, but the PSN isnt THAT much different than XBL these days... and it's biggest "selling point" is that it's free.
mythrol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mythrol

[QUOTE="druggyjoe3000"]

[QUOTE="Racer850"] Today on PSN i wanted to sign out while i was playing a game, but to my surprise i had to leave the game and go back to the XMB bar, just to sign out, something you can do anywhere on XBL.iKINGBOBi

So you're just going to completely ignore my post where I break down exactly what the difference is between the two? I KNEW you were a blind fanboy. Lock this thread mod. This isn't someone asking a legitimate question. It's someone just trying to bash XBL / lemmings.
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 carljohnson3456
[QUOTE="suntaice"]

[QUOTE="Racer850"] I find the monthly fee cheap, but others find it expensive. Makes you wonder how people afford to run a house, but can pay a small fee every month.

Racer850

XBL is easier to use, has other features PSN lacks such as the ability to sign out when your playing a game.

What are you talking about? I sign out when playing a game all the time, using the in-game XMB.
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#23 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Xbox Live is better because you pay for it.

I for one don't like Losing money but apparently if you pay for it it's better.

Racer850

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Racer850
[QUOTE="iKINGBOBi"]

[QUOTE="druggyjoe3000"]Wow xbl had that since launch. :?

mythrol

So you're just going to completely ignore my post where I break down exactly what the difference is between the two? I KNEW you were a blind fanboy. Lock this thread mod. This isn't someone asking a legitimate question. It's someone just trying to bash XBL / lemmings.

Your post pretty much proved XBL is the better service, but of course he decided to ignore it.
iKINGBOBi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 iKINGBOBi

[QUOTE="iKINGBOBi"]

[QUOTE="druggyjoe3000"]Wow xbl had that since launch. :?

Racer850

Because of in game sign in.............:?

Racer850

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Racer850

[QUOTE="Racer850"][QUOTE="suntaice"]

carljohnson3456

What are you talking about? I sign out when playing a game all the time, using the in-game XMB.

That's what happens when i try to sign out.

Racer850

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Racer850

[QUOTE="Racer850"][QUOTE="iKINGBOBi"]

iKINGBOBi

Because of in game sign in.............:?

That and Myths post you ignored :)
iKINGBOBi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 iKINGBOBi

[QUOTE="mythrol"][QUOTE="iKINGBOBi"]

Racer850

Your post pretty much proved XBL is the better service, but of course he decided to ignore it.

But he didn't really say why, he just said PSN felt tacked on and the demos has to be installed. He's not really giving legitimate reasons. Thats no reason to pay 50 bucks for something thats free IMO

mythrol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mythrol
[QUOTE="mythrol"]The ONLY reason PSN is hyped, is because it's Sony's and free. So cows try and act like it's just as good as XBL AND free. This is not the case at all.carljohnson3456
It's not as good as XBL... but it's a pretty good service, especially considering the price tag. There are a few bells and whistles the PSN lacks (the main one being cross game voice chat) but the PSN and XBL arent as far apart as they used to be. Just saying, that's not the only reason people boast the PSN. It's more than just Sony's and "free". It has trophies, friends list, in-game messaging, voice chat in game, etc... all for free. XBL is better and more accessible, but the PSN isnt THAT much different than XBL these days... and it's biggest "selling point" is that it's free.

Most of those features were straight taken from XBL. Also, it's not a question of if PSN is DECENT or NOT. PSN is fine for being free. This thread wasn't about making an excuse for PSN. The TC is trying to act like PSN = XBL. He is extremely wrong. Free or not, PSN does not match XBL. Before I bought my PS3, frequently visiting the forums, I assumed from all the threads discussing XBL vs. PSN and all the cows saying they were near the same that I was going to be getting a service almost equal to XBL. However when I started using PSN, it was clear that isn't the case at all. Anyone who isn't a fanboy and has used two XBL and PSN for extended periods of time will admit the same. Heck I didn't even know that demos had to be installed to be played on PSN. Where XBL you just download and play. No one talks about the little things that just make XBL look like it was well designed from the beginning. Where PSN has had to play catch up and was poorly designed.
Racer850

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Racer850

[QUOTE="Racer850"][QUOTE="mythrol"] So you're just going to completely ignore my post where I break down exactly what the difference is between the two? I KNEW you were a blind fanboy. Lock this thread mod. This isn't someone asking a legitimate question. It's someone just trying to bash XBL / lemmings. iKINGBOBi

But he didn't really say why, he just said PSN felt tacked on. He's not really giving legitimate reasons.

He said more than *Tacked on*
789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts

More people are on Live.

carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 carljohnson3456

[QUOTE="carljohnson3456"][QUOTE="Racer850"] XBL is easier to use, has other features PSN lacks such as the ability to sign out when your playing a game.Racer850

What? You have to access the in-game XMB?
Racer850

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Racer850
[QUOTE="Racer850"]

[QUOTE="carljohnson3456"] What are you talking about? I sign out when playing a game all the time, using the in-game XMB.carljohnson3456

Ok when i'm playing a game, and want to sign out, and sign into another profile, i'm told i need to leave my game to do this.
BURSTIIIFIRE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 BURSTIIIFIRE
Member since 2007 • 2025 Posts

[QUOTE="Racer850"][QUOTE="mythrol"] So you're just going to completely ignore my post where I break down exactly what the difference is between the two? I KNEW you were a blind fanboy. Lock this thread mod. This isn't someone asking a legitimate question. It's someone just trying to bash XBL / lemmings. iKINGBOBi

But he didn't really say why, he just said PSN felt tacked on. He's not really giving legitimate reasons.

That is a legitimate reason. PSN is a very clunky service...especially how it takes 10x as long to DL game updates.

carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 carljohnson3456
[QUOTE="mythrol"] Most of those features were straight taken from XBL. Also, it's not a question of if PSN is DECENT or NOT. PSN is fine for being free. This thread wasn't about making an excuse for PSN. The TC is trying to act like PSN = XBL. He is extremely wrong. Free or not, PSN does not match XBL.[/quote Before I bought my PS3, frequently visiting the forums, I assumed from all the threads discussing XBL vs. PSN and all the cows saying they were near the same that I was going to be getting a service almost equal to XBL. However when I started using PSN, it was clear that isn't the case at all. Anyone who isn't a fanboy and has used two XBL and PSN for extended periods of time will admit the same. Heck I didn't even know that demos had to be installed to be played on PSN. Where XBL you just download and play. No one talks about the little things that just make XBL look like it was well designed from the beginning. Where PSN has had to play catch up and was poorly designed.

It doesnt matter if most features were taken straight from XBL. They are still there to be used. The services arent equal but close. I'm not a fanboy and have used the XBL and PSN for extended periods of time, and I still claim they are fairly close, but not equal by any means. Friends are much more accessible on LIVE... you got in-game invite, cross game chat, parties, etc, etc. And dont forget about those "little things" that makes XBL superior is that trophies have to "sync" with the servers. I'm not disagreeing with you that XBL is superior. Indeed it is. I just think that at the core of what I use at each service for... they're pretty similar.
mythrol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 mythrol

I knew you wouldn't understand. I said a lot more than just "tacked on". You just chose to ignore all those parts. Besides tacked on says A LOT. XBL feels like it was well thought out and designed and works perfectly with the 360. PSN feels TACKED ON. Like Sony didn't design the PS3 and PSN to work together, they designed them seperately and then just put PSN ontop of the PS3. The differences are actually substantial. And a lot more than cows will ever understand without using XBL for an extended period of time. NXE feels fluid. The navigation and structure far easier and clearer. XMB is a jumbled mess. Some things are not in LOGICAL places, a lot of stuff isn't broken up and organized nicely. It's EASY to tell which company was a software company because NXE+XBL is just designed and implemented so much better.
iKINGBOBi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 iKINGBOBi

[QUOTE="carljohnson3456"][QUOTE="mythrol"]The ONLY reason PSN is hyped, is because it's Sony's and free. So cows try and act like it's just as good as XBL AND free. This is not the case at all.mythrol

Most of those features were straight taken from XBL. Also, it's not a question of if PSN is DECENT or NOT. PSN is fine for being free. This thread wasn't about making an excuse for PSN. The TC is trying to act like PSN = XBL. He is extremely wrong. Free or not, PSN does not match XBL. Before I bought my PS3, frequently visiting the forums, I assumed from all the threads discussing XBL vs. PSN and all the cows saying they were near the same that I was going to be getting a service almost equal to XBL. However when I started using PSN, it was clear that isn't the case at all. Anyone who isn't a fanboy and has used two XBL and PSN for extended periods of time will admit the same. Heck I didn't even know that demos had to be installed to be played on PSN. Where XBL you just download and play. No one talks about the little things that just make XBL look like it was well designed from the beginning. Where PSN has had to play catch up and was poorly designed.

Its more than fine for free, considering xbl is 50 a month, PSN could at least be 35 bucks a month considering its only missing "teh in game sign in" no install demos, and cross game chat which are really nothing to be missed. Good thing its free. It takes like 30-40 seconds to install most demos, is it really that bad:? Thats like complaining about 2 seconds extra load time in a game. What matters is where PSN is at now.

carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 carljohnson3456

[QUOTE="carljohnson3456"][QUOTE="Racer850"]

Racer850

Ok when i'm playing a game, and want to sign out, and sign into another profile, i'm told i need to leave my game to do this.

Ooooh ok. I didnt know that. I thought you meant you couldnt just sign out and go offline. I've never tried to switch profiles during game play so I didnt know that.

tonyleo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#39 tonyleo01
Member since 2004 • 2255 Posts
Im already paying for XBL so I'll never pay for psn because i don't have to. Heck, i don't even own a mic for ps3 because it didn't come with it. I wonder if most people will pay for psn if they're alreayd paying for XBL.
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 carljohnson3456
It takes like 30-40 seconds to install most demos, is it really that badiKINGBOBi
Most demos... but for those painfully long 1+ GB demos, you better make yourself a sandwich.
mythrol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 mythrol
[QUOTE="carljohnson3456"][QUOTE="mythrol"] Most of those features were straight taken from XBL. Also, it's not a question of if PSN is DECENT or NOT. PSN is fine for being free. This thread wasn't about making an excuse for PSN. The TC is trying to act like PSN = XBL. He is extremely wrong. Free or not, PSN does not match XBL.[/quote Before I bought my PS3, frequently visiting the forums, I assumed from all the threads discussing XBL vs. PSN and all the cows saying they were near the same that I was going to be getting a service almost equal to XBL. However when I started using PSN, it was clear that isn't the case at all. Anyone who isn't a fanboy and has used two XBL and PSN for extended periods of time will admit the same. Heck I didn't even know that demos had to be installed to be played on PSN. Where XBL you just download and play. No one talks about the little things that just make XBL look like it was well designed from the beginning. Where PSN has had to play catch up and was poorly designed.

It doesnt matter if most features were taken straight from XBL. They are still there to be used. The services arent equal but close. I'm not a fanboy and have used the XBL and PSN for extended periods of time, and I still claim they are fairly close, but not equal by any means. Friends are much more accessible on LIVE... you got in-game invite, cross game chat, parties, etc, etc. And dont forget about those "little things" that makes XBL superior is that trophies have to "sync" with the servers. I'm not disagreeing with you that XBL is superior. Indeed it is. I just think that at the core of what I use at each service for... they're pretty similar.

I agree completely with what you're saying. That's a VERY good way to summarize the differences between the two. Although, I feel that all those little things add up to make the difference between the two glaring and obvious. But that's not what's being discussed in this thread. The TC is trying to say that PSN and XBL ARE INFACT EQUAL. I'm arguing the same thing you are, that no, they are not.
iKINGBOBi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 iKINGBOBi

[QUOTE="iKINGBOBi"]

[QUOTE="Racer850"] Your post pretty much proved XBL is the better service, but of course he decided to ignore it.mythrol

I knew you wouldn't understand. I said a lot more than just "tacked on". You just chose to ignore all those parts. Besides tacked on says A LOT. XBL feels like it was well thought out and designed and works perfectly with the 360. PSN feels TACKED ON. Like Sony didn't design the PS3 and PSN to work together, they designed them seperately and then just put PSN ontop of the PS3. The differences are actually substantial. And a lot more than cows will ever understand without using XBL for an extended period of time. NXE feels fluid. The navigation and structure far easier and clearer. XMB is a jumbled mess. Some things are not in LOGICAL places, a lot of stuff isn't broken up and organized nicely. It's EASY to tell which company was a software company because NXE+XBL is just designed and implemented so much better.

hmm, I feel the exact opposite. XMB is easier to get around with, however, this is just how I feel

iKINGBOBi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 iKINGBOBi

[QUOTE="carljohnson3456"][QUOTE="mythrol"] Most of those features were straight taken from XBL. Also, it's not a question of if PSN is DECENT or NOT. PSN is fine for being free. This thread wasn't about making an excuse for PSN. The TC is trying to act like PSN = XBL. He is extremely wrong. Free or not, PSN does not match XBL.[/quote Before I bought my PS3, frequently visiting the forums, I assumed from all the threads discussing XBL vs. PSN and all the cows saying they were near the same that I was going to be getting a service almost equal to XBL. However when I started using PSN, it was clear that isn't the case at all. Anyone who isn't a fanboy and has used two XBL and PSN for extended periods of time will admit the same. Heck I didn't even know that demos had to be installed to be played on PSN. Where XBL you just download and play. No one talks about the little things that just make XBL look like it was well designed from the beginning. Where PSN has had to play catch up and was poorly designed.mythrol

I agree completely with what you're saying. That's a VERY good way to summarize the differences between the two. Although, I feel that all those little things add up to make the difference between the two glaring and obvious. But that's not what's being discussed in this thread. The TC is trying to say that PSN and XBL ARE INFACT EQUAL. I'm arguing the same thing you are, that no, they are not.

Ok so we have

1. Cross game chat

2. In game sign in

3. Feels integrated with console........

anything else?

93soccer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44 93soccer
Member since 2009 • 4602 Posts
1) Layout is nice 2) Community oriented 3) Cross Game chat (and no it's not distracting)
Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#45 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts

The question should be: What about Xbox Live isn't great? ;)

The answer is obviously "nothing"

Awesome service, well worth the 4 dollars and change it costs per month. :)

mythrol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 mythrol

Its more than fine for free, considering xbl is 50 a month, PSN could at least be 35 bucks a month considering its only missing "teh in game sign in" no install demos, and cross game chat which are really nothing to be missed. Good thing its free. It takes like 30-40 seconds to install most demos, is it really that bad:? Thats like complaining about 2 seconds extra load time in a game. What matters is where PSN is at now.

iKINGBOBi
XBL isn't $50 a month. It's less than $5 a month. I just purchased my 12 month card for $35 dollars from Wal-mart. That equals a WALLET BREAKING $3.43 a month. OH NOES THE PAYN!!!! Also demos are anything but 30 - 40 seconds. I just finished installing Rachet and Clank demo. 2.7gigs. Yeah. It took a few minutes. And besides it doesn't matter if it's 40 seconds or 4 minutes. It's just another way that XBL IS SUPERIOR. Since there are NO installs. And that's not even counting the TIME IT TOOK TO DOWNLOAD the demo. I've been trying to download R&C for almost 4 days now. PSN servers are extremely slow compared to XBL. Oh also, XBL SILVER still allows access to demos and tons of other stuff for free. My statement about PSN playing catch up and poorly designed goes to show just how TACKED ON it feels. features that were built from the ground up to JUST WORK in XBL are added months or years later and so LOOK tacked on. Heck even background downloading you can easily tell was tacked on. While on XBL it integrates perfectly with the store and NXE, on PSN that isn't the case. It isn't a fluidly built into the system. There's COUNTLESS examples of this, which might be "little things" in your eyes, but just go to show PSN IS NOT equal to XBL.
iKINGBOBi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 iKINGBOBi

[QUOTE="iKINGBOBi"]

1. Cross game chat

2. In game sign in

3. Feels integrated with console........

anything else?

mythrol

Plenty, but you're just ignoring my points because you're a fanboy. Can we get a lock on this thread already?

What is this plenty??? I really want to know. Its no secret I prefer Playstation but I have a 360 as well and don't see what everyone says is so great about live. Now if we're talking Live vs PSN circa '07, then you'd have a point. As of now, they're more or less the same. BTW chill out dude, its a simple and friendly debate.

RAGINGxPONY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 RAGINGxPONY
Member since 2009 • 1452 Posts

suntaice

I hate when people say this.Do you realizePSN was crap when it first came out and only for about over a year has it even been close to the awesomeness of Live. Still not quite as good Live even now.

Anyways Live IS better than PSN and anyone that is not a blind fanboy will tell you this. Is it worth the extra $50 a year, well to me yes it is, strictly due to cross game chat and the fact lots more people talk in comparison to PSN.

suntaice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 suntaice

We have to pay online for live, PSN gets it for free. I rather play a P2P MMO. Half those extras like Twitter and FB I can use on my PC, they are not needed.