What's holding the PS3 back...

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ParadiseAwaits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ParadiseAwaits
Member since 2007 • 1410 Posts

The PS3 has a ton of amazing games and the On-line gameplay is practically lag free.

The biggest issue is that it was designed like Microsoft's Live on the Original Xbox.

Sony implememented a button the their controller similar to the guide button on the Xbox 360, but unlike the Xbox 360's guide button the PS3's has very little use other than quiting a game or DVD and going back to the dashboard.

Here's what Sony needs to do:

• Implement the friend's list through the Playstation button, like the 360
  • Make it so you can private chat with anyone anytime you like. (Especially when playing different games)
  • Make it so you can send messages to anyone on your friend's list anytime you like.

The PS3 does not have a social environment. When you go and play a campaign by yourself it feels boring as hell because you can't chat with anyone like 360.

If Sony could fix their PSN network, then I would turn on my PS3 more often.

Like I said before. PS3 has a LOT of amazing games. A lot. They just need to add more functionality to their PSn network.

Home is not the answer. I don't want a ****ing sims game. I hate the sims.

Come on Sony. Have common sense.

Norg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Norg
Member since 2002 • 15959 Posts

most gamers dont have the money to buy a PS3

see alot of people bought PS2 becasue in due time it was really cheap

GP1mil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 GP1mil
Member since 2006 • 994 Posts
I understand what your saying but I'm sure Sony is some what aware about XMB ingames and chatting and so on, but I think they are totally focused on Home at the moment and probably won't do anything until after that is either open beta or launched. Just my 2 Cents
RIZDRAVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RIZDRAVER
Member since 2007 • 247 Posts
Since when did 3-5 become "a ton". Lack of games by far are what's holding it back.

I genuinely wouldn't mind a PS3; but I keep spending my money on more new great games for the 360. Once/If the stream of solid games for the 360 slows down, I might consider the PS3 if it has enough to offer by that time.
ParadiseAwaits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ParadiseAwaits

Since when did 3-5 become "a ton". Lack of games by far are what's holding it back.

I genuinely wouldn't mind a PS3; but I keep spending my money on more new great games for the 360. Once/If the stream of solid games for the 360 slows down, I might consider the PS3 if it has enough to offer by that time.RIZDRAVER

What great games are Xbox 360 exclusive? I can't think of one.

The PS3 has most of the same games as 360, plus AMAZING exclusives:

• Call of Duty 4 (Both Consoles)
  • Assassins Creed (Both Consoles)
  • Orange Box (Both Consoles)
  • Heavenly Sword (PS3 Exclusive)
  • Uncharted (PS3 Exclusive)
  • Unreal Tournament III (PS3 and PC exclusive until it hits Xbox 360 in May 2008 )
  • Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 (Both Consoles)
  • Rainbow Six - Vegas (Both Consoles)
  • Ratchet and Clank (PS3 Exclusive)
  • Elder Scrolls Oblvion (Both Consoles)
  • Ninja Gaiden- Sigma (PS3 Exclusive)
  • Guitar Hero III (Both Consoles)
  • Rock Band (Both Consoles)
  • FIFA 08 (Both Consoles)
  • NBA 2K8 (Both Consoles)
  • Dirt (Both Consoles)
  • Warhawk (PS3 Exclusive)

The Only game the 360 has over the PS3 is Bioshock.

So WTF are you talking about? The PS3 has the same games, plus more.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23048 Posts

[QUOTE="RIZDRAVER"]Since when did 3-5 become "a ton". Lack of games by far are what's holding it back.

I genuinely wouldn't mind a PS3; but I keep spending my money on more new great games for the 360. Once/If the stream of solid games for the 360 slows down, I might consider the PS3 if it has enough to offer by that time.ParadiseAwaits

• Unreal Tournament III (PS3 and PC exclusive until it hits Xbox 360 in May 2008 )
  • Dirt (Both Consoles)

Surely, deep down, you must know that you're talking nonsense.

Sure the PS3 has some good titles, but the 360's library is currently much stronger.

LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#7 LosDaddie
Member since 2006 • 10318 Posts

Price, price, price.

90% (or more) of PS2s sold were at $200 & below.

ParadiseAwaits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ParadiseAwaits

Sure the PS3 has some good titles, but the 360's library is currently much stronger.

mattbbpl

Having a larger library doesn't sell consoles. Its having good games.

More than half of the games that have been released on the 360 are crap. Unless your one of those morons that actually likes those Xbox Live Arcade games.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
Price? You can buy a PS3 with a larger HDD for $50 more than a Premium 360....
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#10 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

From what I can tell, it's mostly the price of the thing. No one want to throw out five hundred bucks or more on a console(and it was worse earlier on in it's life when it was 6oo+ dollars). So it had a really rough start. Then we already have the loud Nintendo and 360 fanboys complaining about somthing they don't even know about. And now there are more multiplatform games than ever, making it even harder to come up with a good reason to get a PS3 when most of the games available on it are already on the 360. And the console doesn't really have many great exclusives and the online isn't near as good as live.

So with the PS3 all you really have it a lesser 360. It has potential to be greater, but if there are no buyers then there is no money to fully realise it's potential. So bassically it's stuck in a loop of doom.

WhyuStillAlive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 WhyuStillAlive
Member since 2007 • 607 Posts
it's not the price. But almost all these features are in Home which was delayed but should be out early 2008.
mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mattbbpl
[QUOTE="mattbbpl"][QUOTE="ParadiseAwaits"]

[QUOTE="RIZDRAVER"]Since when did 3-5 become "a ton". Lack of games by far are what's holding it back.

I genuinely wouldn't mind a PS3; but I keep spending my money on more new great games for the 360. Once/If the stream of solid games for the 360 slows down, I might consider the PS3 if it has enough to offer by that time.ParadiseAwaits

• Dirt (Both Consoles)

Having a larger library doesn't sell consoles. Its having good games.

More than half of the games that have been released on the 360 are crap. Unless your one of those morons that actually likes those Xbox Live Arcade games.

Actually, variety is very important as gamer's tastes vary by a wide margin (otherwise MGS 3 would have sold 120 million copies on the PS2).

But disregarding that fact, you stated:

"What great games are Xbox 360 exclusive? I can't think of one."

and:

"The Only game the 360 has over the PS3 is Bioshock."

You conveniently forget to mention titles such as Halo 3, Gears of War, and Mass Effect. The 360 also consistently has a greater number of higher rated games than the PS3 across a number of publications. If games of a higher quality and a higher quantity don't equate to a stronger library, what does?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts
initially price, but Sony had adjusted that.
shadowfox55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 shadowfox55
Member since 2007 • 1609 Posts

The PS3 is already doing what you listed of what it needs to do. Nothing is really holding the PS3 back it is just some consumers do not want to buy the console.

WhyuStillAlive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 WhyuStillAlive

From what I can tell, it's mostly the price of the thing. No one want to throw out five hundred bucks or more on a console(and it was worse earlier on in it's life when it was 6oo+ dollars). So it had a really rough start. Then we already have the loud Nintendo and 360 fanboys complaining about somthing they don't even know about. And now there are more multiplatform games than ever, making it even harder to come up with a good reason to get a PS3 when most of the games available on it are already on the 360. And the console doesn't really have many great exclusives and the online isn't near as good as live.

So with the PS3 all you really have it a lesser 360. It has potential to be greater, but if there are no buyers then there is no money to fully realise it's potential. So bassically it's stuck in a loop of doom.

vashkey
$500? that's what I spent for my 360 elite no wi-fi, no charger for my controller, no HD DVD. at $399 the 40GB is the best deal right now. It's not the price. Once Home is released everyone will like microsoft says "Jump In" :)
RIZDRAVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 RIZDRAVER
Member since 2007 • 247 Posts
You stated TONS of AMAZING games.

Most of the ones you list are very good games. But c'mon I wouldn't use the word AMAZING to describe NBA 2k8, Dirt, R&C, FIFA, etc.

Most people aren't going to spend $500 to just play a game like Ratchet & Clank. Until a few AAA heavy-hitters are introduced, I'm sorry it's the lack of games keeping people from spending that kind of loot. 
ParadiseAwaits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ParadiseAwaits

The PS3 is already doing what you listed of what it needs to do. Nothing is really holding the PS3 back it is just some consumers do not want to buy the console.

shadowfox55

Well if you owned a PS3 you would know that the console does not offer the features I listed.

If it did, I wouldn't be here.

WhyuStillAlive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 WhyuStillAlive

You stated TONS of AMAZING games.

Most of the ones you list are very good games. But c'mon I wouldn't use the word AMAZING to describe NBA 2k8, Dirt, R&C, FIFA, etc.

Most people aren't going to spend $500 to just play a game like Ratchet & Clank. Until a few AAA heavy-hitters are introduced, I'm sorry it's the lack of games keeping people from spending that kind of loot. RIZDRAVER
I doubt you can buy an xbox 360 premium $350 + HD DVD player + charger for your wireless controller + wi-fi adapter if you need it for the price of $399 which has everything I listed + 20GB extra

Ratchet & clank, warhawk + expansion, CoD4, uncharted, heavenly sword, motorstorm, UT3... there are plenty of games I can live without halo 3 I didn't even bother beating it anyways

LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LosDaddie

Price? You can buy a PS3 with a larger HDD for $50 more than a Premium 360....BioShockOwnz

If not price, then why do the PS3's sales lag the Wii sales when the PS3, arguably, has a better library?

shadowfox55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 shadowfox55

I do own a PS3 (offend that you said that my PSN is Shadowfox55).

There is a friend list and also a player met list, when you play certain games like Resistance Fall of Man and Warhawk. A person can also voice chat on a PS3 also and send videos to one another all you need is a PS eye. I know you cannot send messages anytime you want, but you can send text messages and a person receives the message when ever they log on to their PS3.

Kahuna_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Kahuna_1
Member since 2006 • 7948 Posts

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]Price? You can buy a PS3 with a larger HDD for $50 more than a Premium 360....LosDaddie

If not price, then why do the PS3's sales lag the Wii sales when the PS3, arguably, has a better library?

Because the Wii appeals to kids, families, and old people.

DuaneDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 DuaneDog
Member since 2006 • 999 Posts

Well right now the 360 is the console to own for serious gamers... so the PS3 will nearly always be the 2nd console for this category of gamers. That alone has it held back. Then when you look at the quality of the multiplatform games, the 360 has achievements that Sony hasn't made happen plus often the 360 game is as good or better than the PS3 counterpart.

Price is not as much of a factor now but with the 360 having must have titles like Halo 3, Sony is playing catch up. GTA4 delay was also a setback for Sony as well. Personally I've been spending way too much time playing games as it is... Mass Effect, Halo 3, Assassians Creed, and Rock Band.

The fact is that for now the 360 is the flagship console. It's not good enough, for the PS3 to just have the same games as the 360 plus a few exclusives that are great. I personally own a Wii and a 360 and figure I will be getting a PS3 next holiday. By then it should be cheaper and have more exclusive games as well. The blueray will be nice to have.

xX0LDSCH00LXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 xX0LDSCH00LXx
Member since 2007 • 1423 Posts

@ ParadiseAwaits,

08 line-up for XBOX 360 so far:

Dynasty Warriors 6

Condemned 2: Bloodshot

Dark Sector

LOST

Universe at War: Earth Assault

Grand Theft Auto IV

Army of Two

Destroy All Humans 3: Path of Furon

Tom Clancy's EndWar

Sega Superstars Tennis

Winning Eleven Pro Soccer 2008

Rainbow Six Vegas 2

Warhammer: Battle March

Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway

Battlefield: Bad Company

Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath

Alone in the Dark

Halo Wars

Huxley

Ninja Gaiden 2

Mercenaries 2: World in Flames

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Rogue Warriors

Unreal Tournament III

Iron Man

Resident Evil 5

Splinter Cell: Conviction

Left 4 Dead

Too Human: Part 1

Borderlands

The Wheelman

Golden Axe

Fallout 3

Prototype

Mobile Ops: The One Year War

Ghostbusters

Dead Space

Brutal Legend

Alan Wake

Silent Hill V

Soul Calibur IV

Turning Point: Fall of Liberty

FIFA Street 3

Midnight Club: Los Angeles

Civilization Revolution

Fracture

Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena

LEGO Indiana Jones

NBA Ballers Chosen One

TNA Impact

Ultimate Fighting Championship

Fable 2

Dead Island

Enemy Territory: Quake Wars

Indiana Jones

LEGO Batman

Operation Darkness

Postal III

Saint's Row 2

Banjo-Kazooie

Alien FPS

Alien RPG

I know afew of these are multi, but who cares.

ParadiseAwaits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ParadiseAwaits

There is a friend list and also a player met list, when you play certain games like Resistance Fall of Man and Warhawk. A person can also voice chat on a PS3 also and send videos to one another all you need is a PS eye. I know you cannot send messages anytime you want, but you can send text messages and a person receives the message when ever they log on to their PS3.

shadowfox55

True. Sorry....if I was coming off as a prick.

I just want the PS3 to catch up to the 360 in terms of the dashboard. I want to play Uncharted and chat with my friends. :P

shadowfox55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 shadowfox55
[QUOTE="shadowfox55"]

ParadiseAwaits

True. Sorry....if I was coming off as a prick.

I just want the PS3 to catch up to the 360 in terms of the dashboard. I want to play Uncharted and chat with my friends. :P

It's alright, but the functions of the PS3 are endless. I know this is system wars and there people here who dislike one console or another so you have to be on your guard 24/7.

latinrage69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 latinrage69
Member since 2003 • 2649 Posts

• Dirt (Both Consoles)

wait a minute. you have a Gears of War logo as your avatar and you state that you can't think of a single great 360 exclusive?

you have just owned yourself.

here's some great exclusives for ya:

halo 3

bioshock

mass effect

gears of war

upcoming games:

alan wake

project offset

gears of war 2

by the way, where's lair in your list of amazing ps3 exclusives? wait...

Frostbite24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Frostbite24
Member since 2003 • 4536 Posts
What's holding the Sony back? Sony and their arrogance and straight-up jackassedness.
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 vashkey

• Dirt (Both Consoles)

Good 360 exlusive/games just not available on the PS3

• Halo 3
  • Bioshock
  • Gears of War
  • Guitar Hero 2
  • Eternal Sonota
  • Mass Effect
  • The Orange Box
  • Dead Rising
  • Lost Planet
  • Viva Pinata
  • Ace Combat 6
  • Perfect Dark Zero
  • Kameo
  • Project Sylpheed
  • Final Fantasy XI
  • Dead or Alive 4
  • Forza Motorsport 2
  • Saints Row
  • Call of Duty 2
  • Blue Dragon
  • Ghost Recon Advanced War Fighter
  • Naruto Rise of a Ninja

These are just a few of the 360 exclusives. A few of these games are going to be ported to the PS3, but because they were first on the 360, because the 360 has sold more consoles and because these ported titles will most likely and some already are on budget prices the PS3 version will not sell as many copies. Proof= Oblivion, Rainbow six. Not only that but games launched as multiplatform alsways have the 360 sell most. Titles like Guitar Hero III and Call of Duty 4 stand as proof of this. And alot of multiplatform games have the 360 have extra feature like Virtua Fighter 5(online),Call of Duty 4(a special edition) and Grand Theft Auto IV(The 360 will have bonus downloadable material... The PS3 version will not).

Future 360 exclusives

• Halo Wars
  • Halo Chronicles(trilogy)
  • Bully Scholarship edition
  • Infinite Undiscovery
  • Fable 2
  • Gears of War 2
  • Lost Odyssey
  • Cry On
  • Ninja Gaiden II
LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 LosDaddie
[QUOTE="LosDaddie"]

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]Price? You can buy a PS3 with a larger HDD for $50 more than a Premium 360....Kahuna_1

But the PS2 had a large userbase

shadowfox55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 shadowfox55

What's holding the Sony back? Sony and their arrogance and straight-up jackassedness.Frostbite24

Can you tell me how are they doing that? I mean isn't everyone cocky over something (all football teams think they are the best, no one can go into a competition believing they are going to lose). Also, Sony admitted some faults with their price, but that has been changed. I believe consumers just do what the product so their is no forcing someone to buy what he/she does notlike.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mattbbpl

[QUOTE="Frostbite24"]What's holding the Sony back? Sony and their arrogance and straight-up jackassedness.shadowfox55

Can you tell me how are they doing that? I mean isn't everyone cocky over something (all football teams think they are the best, no one can go into a competition believing they are going to lose). Also, Sony admitted some faults with their price, but that has been changed. I believe consumers just do what the product so their is no forcing someone to buy what he/she does notlike.

I don't think the arrogance has had a direct effect, per se, but it seems to have caused Sony to make some poor decisions such as the high price of the console and lack of effort in securing exclusives.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#32 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

The PS3 has a ton of amazing games and the On-line gameplay is practically lag free.

The biggest issue is that it was designed like Microsoft's Live on the Original Xbox.

Sony implememented a button the their controller similar to the guide button on the Xbox 360, but unlike the Xbox 360's guide button the PS3's has very little use other than quiting a game or DVD and going back to the dashboard.

• Make it so you can private chat with anyone anytime you like. (Especially when playing different games)
  • Make it so you can send messages to anyone on your friend's list anytime you like.

The PS3 does not have a social environment. When you go and play a campaign by yourself it feels boring as hell because you can't chat with anyone like 360.

Like I said before. PS3 has a LOT of amazing games. A lot. They just need to add more functionality to their PSn network.

ParadiseAwaits
Want to know why PSN has less lag than 360? Because practically nobody uses headsets, making for a lonlier experience with slightly less latency. I'd rather talk with everyone online than have a little less latency. If as many people where talking via PSN as they do with LIVE, you'd see the same latencies. So way to positively reframe a PSN shortcoming in a good light.
WhyuStillAlive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 WhyuStillAlive

they both have good games right now.

halo3, mass effect, bioshock, gears, forza 2

uncharted, ratchet, warhawk, heavenly sword, motorstorm

motorstorm and the physic graphics on this game I have yet to see on the 360.

but lets not forget Haze got delayed because Ubisoft just released assassins creed. UT3 is coming out this month I can't wait to try out different mods that I download FOR free online.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 vashkey
[QUOTE="Kahuna_1"][QUOTE="LosDaddie"]

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]Price? You can buy a PS3 with a larger HDD for $50 more than a Premium 360....LosDaddie

But the PS2 had a large userbase

Beacause the PS2 appealed to alot of people much like the Wii. I don't think people really get it. The PS2 sold for the same reason the Wii did. Sony made it look fun, they were loud with their advertisments and it got people to buy them. Even people who typically would not. It's not because of Nintendo so called "innovation" that sells the Wii. It's because Nintendo was loud with their advertisements, made it look fun to play and it really helped that they have a bunch of brainless fan boys and the console is ridiculously cheap. It has nothing to do with innovation(just look at the games) and it has nothing to do with age groups either. Kids, families and old people have been playing games since before the Wii. It's just that Nintendo looks for those people and points them out like it's a huge revolution.

latinrage69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 latinrage69
Member since 2003 • 2649 Posts

What's holding the Sony back? Sony and their arrogance and straight-up jackassedness.Frostbite24

QFT.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 vashkey
[QUOTE="ParadiseAwaits"]

donalbane

Want to know why PSN has less lag than 360? Because practically nobody uses headsets, making for a lonlier experience with slightly less latency. I'd rather talk with everyone online than have a little less latency. If as many people where talking via PSN as they do with LIVE, you'd see the same latencies. So way to positively reframe a PSN shortcoming in a good light.

Actually the PS3 does support heat sets and chat... Which makes the fact that the Wii's online is so laggy and it has no headsets that much more embarassing.

WhyuStillAlive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 WhyuStillAlive
[QUOTE="ParadiseAwaits"]

donalbane

What are you talking about? I play rainbow six vegas and everyone there uses headsets. I find it actualy annoying because I don't know how to tune down the volume plus I don't have a headset. People in Warhawk have headset and there you have up to 32 people no lags.
shadowfox55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 shadowfox55
[QUOTE="shadowfox55"]

[QUOTE="Frostbite24"]What's holding the Sony back? Sony and their arrogance and straight-up jackassedness.mattbbpl

I don't think the arrogance has had a direct effect, per se, but it seems to have caused Sony to make some poor decisions such as the high price of the console and lack of effort in securing exclusives.

I am not sure what Sony intends to do about exclusives, but many of them are remakes from old PS2 games. Iknowone company is in the works making a PS3 exclusive I think it was either creators of Grand Theft Auto or someone else. There are also new exclusives being made like Resistance2,Uncharted, and manymore. With old exclusivesreturning God of War 3.

As for poor decisions I do not see any. The Sixaxis is being used in many of the PS3 games. The cell was used for Uncharted. Just the price was the only factor for consumers, also consumers being intrested in other consoles besides the PS3 which is understanable on both parts.

What will push console sells for the PS3 is a remake of Final Fantasy 5, 6, and 7.

DaRockWilder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DaRockWilder
Member since 2002 • 5451 Posts
The reason i havent bought a PS3 is because i dont see any games that interest me that i dont have on my 360 already.
thegame1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#40 thegame1980
Member since 2006 • 2194 Posts

ParadiseAwaits

I wouldn't say the PS3 has alot of AMAZING games. More like a few decent ones with alot of amazing ports.

PS3 has ALOT of work to do in order to be as good as the 360 and what you mentioned is only the begining.

black_awpN1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 black_awpN1
Member since 2004 • 7863 Posts
Ps3 is actually rather affordable now. I think it just needs one more price drop on the 40GB to $350\, tehn things will get intersting. Arcade 360 is basically the Nutered pack of this gen. though it may be cheap, you have to atleast buy a HDD to take advantage of most things like B/C and Live. B/C on PS3 isnt as big of a deal as people make it out to be. PS1 and 2 games look like ass on my HDTV.
WhyuStillAlive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 WhyuStillAlive
The reason i havent bought a PS3 is because i dont see any games that interest me that i dont have on my 360 already.DaRockWilder
Reading your sig I don't see why you even need a 360, 7900GS you can play bioshock, orange box, gears of war, and soon halo 3. I get my PC games for free :x
thegame1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#43 thegame1980
Member since 2006 • 2194 Posts
[QUOTE="ParadiseAwaits"]

I genuinely wouldn't mind a PS3; but I keep spending my money on more new great games for the 360. Once/If the stream of solid games for the 360 slows down, I might consider the PS3 if it has enough to offer by that time.vashkey

• Dirt (Both Consoles)

Good 360 exlusive/games just not available on the PS3

• Halo 3
  • Bioshock
  • Gears of War
  • Guitar Hero 2
  • Eternal Sonota
  • Mass Effect
  • The Orange Box
  • Dead Rising
  • Lost Planet
  • Viva Pinata
  • Ace Combat 6
  • Perfect Dark Zero
  • Kameo
  • Project Sylpheed
  • Final Fantasy XI
  • Dead or Alive 4
  • Forza Motorsport 2
  • Saints Row
  • Call of Duty 2
  • Blue Dragon
  • Ghost Recon Advanced War Fighter
  • Naruto Rise of a Ninja

These are just a few of the 360 exclusives. A few of these games are going to be ported to the PS3, but because they were first on the 360, because the 360 has sold more consoles and because these ported titles will most likely and some already are on budget prices the PS3 version will not sell as many copies. Proof= Oblivion, Rainbow six. Not only that but games launched as multiplatform alsways have the 360 sell most. Titles like Guitar Hero III and Call of Duty 4 stand as proof of this. And alot of multiplatform games have the 360 have extra feature like Virtua Fighter 5(online),Call of Duty 4(a special edition) and Grand Theft Auto IV(The 360 will have bonus downloadable material... The PS3 version will not).

Future 360 exclusives

• Halo Wars
  • Halo Chronicles(trilogy)
  • Bully Scholarship edition
  • Infinite Undiscovery
  • Fable 2
  • Gears of War 2
  • Lost Odyssey
  • Cry On
  • Ninja Gaiden II

You forgot Too Human, Alan Wake and Left 4 Dead.

LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 LosDaddie

motorstorm and the physic graphics on this game I have yet to see on the 360.

WhyuStillAlive

I dunno why people hype Motorstorm.

Fun game, but I saw nothing that can't be done on x360.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 mattbbpl

I am not sure what Sony intends to do about exclusives, but many of them are remakes from old PS2 games. Iknowone company is in the works making a PS3 exclusive I think it was either creators of Grand Theft Auto or someone else. There are also new exclusives being made like Resistance2,Uncharted, and manymore. With old exclusivesreturning God of War 3.

As for poor decisions I do not see any. The Sixaxis is being used in many of the PS3 games. The cell was used for Uncharted. Just the price was the only factor for consumers, also consumers being intrested in other consoles besides the PS3 which is understanable on both parts.

What will push console sells for the PS3 is a remake of Final Fantasy 5, 6, and 7.

shadowfox55

Sony has gotten it's butt in gear lately trying to secure some exclusives, such as the one you mentioned from Rockstar (creators of GTA). However, the others you listed are all first or second party. The third party exclusives that have allowed Sony to thrive in the previous generations (such as Devil May Cry and Silent Hill) have begun to move to a multiplatform status (although it still has MGS and Final Fantasy which, despite the naysayers, are huge).

Sony really needed to try to secure exclusivity contracts earlier when everyone still thought they were going to dominate. Now their platform is less attractive than their competitors from a development standpoint.

shadowfox55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 shadowfox55

What is someone opinion about great games on the PS3 may differ from someone else's opinion, just happy to see there are no pitch forks being raised and torches here yet.

shadowfox55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 shadowfox55
[QUOTE="shadowfox55"]

mattbbpl

Sony has gotten it's butt in gear lately trying to secure some exclusives, such as the one you mentioned from Rockstar (creators of GTA). However, the others you listed are all first or second party. The third party exclusives that have allowed Sony to thrive in the previous generations (such as Devil May Cry and Silent Hill) have begun to move to a multiplatform status (although it still has MGS and Final Fantasy which, despite the naysayers, are huge).

Sony really needed to try to secure exclusivity contracts earlier when everyone still thought they were going to dominate. Now their platform is less attractive than their competitors from a development standpoint.

I really was not suprised the moved Capcom had recently pulled with the Devil May Cry game they go where the money is at which you really cannot blame them for doing. But you are right Sony should have purchased some exclusives titles while they were still dominating, but it would have hurt them in the long run as we see with Mircosoft. Their developers from Bungie and some other publisher had felt restrictedand left.

xX0LDSCH00LXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 xX0LDSCH00LXx
Member since 2007 • 1423 Posts
The PS3 is on it's last legs. Iv'e been gaming since 79' and I've seen console's come and go, and I can say with complete confidence.. Sony is in trouble! with multiple price drop's, and the recent new's that Sony is selling off their Cell factory's, and are no longer researching Cell technology. You also have to consider the fact that most dev's are favoring the 360 as lead platform, and praising it at the same time as being, easy to develop for.
black_awpN1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 black_awpN1
Member since 2004 • 7863 Posts

The PS3 is on it's last legs. Iv'e been gaming since 79' and I've seen console's come and go, and I can say with complete confidence.. Sony is in trouble! with multiple price drop's, and the recent new's that Sony is selling off their Cell factory's, and are no longer researching Cell technology. You also have to consider the fact that most dev's are favoring the 360 as lead platform, and praising it at the same time as being, easy to develop for.xX0LDSCH00LXx

Wow, you needed Huge font just to get your point across? YOu honestly think its on its last legs? you need to rethink that. ITs going to be just fine. Were starting to see that now.

shadowfox55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 shadowfox55

The PS3 is on it's last legs. Iv'e been gaming since 79' and I've seen console's come and go, and I can say with complete confidence.. Sony is in trouble! with multiple price drop's, and the recent new's that Sony is selling off their Cell factory's, and are no longer researching Cell technology. You also have to consider the fact that most dev's are favoring the 360 as lead platform, and praising it at the same time as being, easy to develop for.xX0LDSCH00LXx

The PS3 is not going any where until the next generation of consoles. They are still continuing the cell just who they sold it to will be do work for it. There are multi-plat games for the PS3 and 360 so both are lead platforms, it is just the 360 has a larger library because of the year start.

If anything this generation shows which side of the console race the developers had chosen, like the creator of the Orange Box despises the PS3 so does the creator of Ninja Gaiden.

Also can you use spell-check next time you post. Not trying to be rude just hard to read what you typed.