Whats going to be the final nail in Sony's coffin

• 100 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for xnacommunityxna
xnacommunityxna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 xnacommunityxna
Member since 2009 • 406 Posts

So after seeing the feb NPD sales i was asking myself how in the world killzone 2 failed? At first i thought well.... it was only out 2 days, but i mean who cares really.... isn't that when most games move the most copies? do people really think that it's going to sell THAT much more.... anyway this isnt a thread about the NPD sales. after seeing another sony exlusive flop sales wise and cleary was not able to move any consoles what is the final nail in Sony's coffin going to be, they just cannot seem to get people interested in there product.... was it the years worth of bad publicity thats coming back to bite them in the arse, or is the PS legacy finnally over? Because really, i thought these last few months PS3 was picking up steam! Guess PS3 was destined to fail... and this may seem a little rash for just one sales flop you might say, but really there have been tons of flops for Sony whats the deal?

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts
From what month are those NPD numbers?
MBP_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MBP_King
Member since 2009 • 903 Posts

When Nintendo and MS go out of business too.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
Halo STD will be the final nail. Hopefully that'll finally kill Sony.
navstar29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 navstar29
Member since 2004 • 4036 Posts
LOL at people thinking PS3 is going to fail and that Sony will die.
Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#6 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

The PS3 will be dead by the end of the year, bank on it.

Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Kashiwaba
Member since 2005 • 8059 Posts

So after seeing the feb NPD sales i was asking myself how in the world killzone 2 failed? At first i thought well.... it was only out 2 days, but i mean who cares really.... isn't that when most games move the most copies? do people really think that it's going to sell THAT much more.... anyway this isnt a thread about the NPD sales. after seeing another sony exlusive flop sales wise and cleary was not able to move any consoles what is the final nail in Sony's coffin going to be, they just cannot seem to get people interested in there product.... was it the years worth of bad publicity thats coming back to bite them in the arse, or is the PS legacy finnally over? Because really, i thought these last few months PS3 was picking up steam! Guess PS3 was destined to fail... and this may seem a little rash for just one sales flop you might say, but really there have been tons of flops for Sony whats the deal?

xnacommunityxna

Do we have to keep telling every one NPD is for NA salers only and KZ2 was released in the last 3 days in feb ==; .

Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts
They are doing bad, as almost every company on the planet. They are not dieing, they only have a bad moment. They'll come back to a good state, I'm sure.
Avatar image for carlisledavid79
carlisledavid79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 carlisledavid79
Member since 2006 • 10522 Posts
Halo STD will be the final nail. Hopefully that'll finally kill Sony.Floppy_Jim
Sony is dead at the end of every month. In fact they died when they lost FXIII exculsive status.
xnacommunityxna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 xnacommunityxna

From what month are those NPD numbers?killerfist

..........febuary

krylon36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 krylon36
Member since 2008 • 318 Posts

a viscious 3 pointer from downtown with :04 seconds on the clock. idk, a $99 arcade 360?

xnacommunityxna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 xnacommunityxna

They are doing bad, as almost every company on the planet. They are not dieing, they only have a bad moment. They'll come back to a good state, I'm sure.IronBass

Every company... ummm NINTENDO!

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#13 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

Seriously, people need to stop thinking the PS3 is going to die anytime soon. It's still cranking out great games and excellent exclusives, arguably more so than the competition as of late.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

What was it?

Samsung beating out Sony when it comes to LCD technology

Sony thought it would have their TV money to help through any rough spells with the PS3. They didn't expect to take a hit there as well and need to play catchup in yet another part of the electronics field

bam706

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 bam706
Member since 2005 • 1053 Posts

lol thats only US sales anyway, and get use to sony sticking sround. im shock sony sold so many consoles at such a high price once the price drop comes its over, lol ps2s are still selling.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#16 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

[QUOTE="IronBass"]They are doing bad, as almost every company on the planet. They are not dieing, they only have a bad moment. They'll come back to a good state, I'm sure.xnacommunityxna

I'm guessing you missed that part. :wink:

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"]Halo STD will be the final nail. Hopefully that'll finally kill Sony.carlisledavid79
Sony is dead at the end of every month. In fact they died when they lost FXIII exculsive status.

True, that's what killed them. Meh, good riddance, I say. Bring back Sega!
xnacommunityxna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 xnacommunityxna

[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"]Halo STD will be the final nail. Hopefully that'll finally kill Sony.carlisledavid79

yea... i agree, however there six feet under if MGS4 goes to 360.... but itll never happen

Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts

[QUOTE="xnacommunityxna"]

Kashiwaba

Do we have to keep telling every one NPD is for NA salers only and KZ2 was released in the last 3 days in feb ==; .

I would also add that unlike most Xbox games which have massive opening sales with sharp drop-offs, Sony games seem to sell at a steady rate over time. I would point to Warhawk, Uncharted and Little Big Planet as examples. These games did what lemmings would consider "bad" sales, but they keep selling and selling and selling over a long period of time. NOW these games are considered a success and have sold very well in terms of total numbers.

I see no reason why Killzone 2 would be any different. It is a very high quality title that people will be buying for a while yet.

xnacommunityxna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 xnacommunityxna

[QUOTE="IronBass"]They are doing bad, as almost every company on the planet. They are not dieing, they only have a bad moment. They'll come back to a good state, I'm sure.The_Game21x

I'm guessing you missed that part. :wink:

oh:shock: lol my bad

Jade_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#21 Jade_Monkey
Member since 2004 • 4830 Posts

There isn't going to be any final nail in Sony's coffin. This gen won't kill them. The possible failure of Killzone 2 won't kill them. If you are judging on pure sales alone then it would of failed anyway after the Wii tore things up the last couple of years. One year or one game wouldn't of changed that.

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#22 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

Meh, it died when GTAIV sold more on the 360.

xnacommunityxna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 xnacommunityxna

[QUOTE="Kashiwaba"]

ZIMdoom

I would also add that unlike most Xbox games which have massive opening sales with sharp drop-offs, Sony games seem to sell at a steady rate over time. I would point to Warhawk, Uncharted and Little Big Planet as examples. These games did what lemmings would consider "bad" sales, but they keep selling and selling and selling over a long period of time. NOW these games are considered a success and have sold very well in terms of total numbers.

I see no reason why Killzone 2 would be any different. It is a very high quality title that people will be buying for a while yet.

I see your point here, however those new sales may be from people who just picked up a PS3 and want to play them

xnacommunityxna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 xnacommunityxna

Seriously, people need to stop thinking the PS3 is going to die anytime soon. It's still cranking out great games and excellent exclusives, arguably more so than the competition as of late.

The_Game21x

I agree with you, however what good does it do if you put out a good game and no one playes it.... Zack and Wiki anybody?

CreepyBacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 CreepyBacon
Member since 2005 • 3183 Posts

What? Microsoft.

Moment they stepped onto the scene Sony was done for. Look at the desperate attempt to outshine them with the PS3, look at all the lies they told. Terrified and they'll be done for in the next couple of gens. Good riddence.

PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 PBSnipes
Member since 2007 • 14621 Posts

It doesn't matter. Even if Sony goes ***s up, someone will buy the Playstation brand.

Samox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Samox
Member since 2004 • 890 Posts

Sony isn't going to die. Atleast not anytime soon. Worst case scenario is PS3 bleeds Sony a little too much and they're forced to stop development of the PS3 and Sony titles.. which I doubt is going to happen. Sony does sell other products besides the Playstaion. Products that don't cost them more to make than they get from sales.

Jade_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#28 Jade_Monkey
Member since 2004 • 4830 Posts

I bet Cows are starting to understand what Hermits have to go through each day here. Being told your platform is dying when it isn't.

SeanDiff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29 SeanDiff
Member since 2007 • 933 Posts

[QUOTE="carlisledavid79"][QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"]Halo STD will be the final nail. Hopefully that'll finally kill Sony.Lionheart08

Meh, it died when GTAIV sold more on the 360.

It died when the 360 RE5 had 4xAA and the PS3 version only had 2x
ydnarrewop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#31 ydnarrewop
Member since 2004 • 2292 Posts
Well just responding to the title of your post...do you really think sony will fail? If you do then maybe you should take a look at the sales numbers again. The system sales are strong. There's more than enough room in the game market to support the 360, ps3, and yes even the wanky wii. I don't get why gamers want to see any system fail. I mean seriously...does it rlly impact your life if x game console fails/succeeds?
Troqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 Troqe
Member since 2008 • 675 Posts

I don't see Sony going out of business any time soon. Who knows?

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

[QUOTE="killerfist"]From what month are those NPD numbers?xnacommunityxna

..........febuary

KZ2 was out for 2 days in February. Data without interpretation doesn't mean anything.

krunkfu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 krunkfu2
Member since 2007 • 4218 Posts

What was it?

Sony thought it would have their TV money to help through any rough spells with the PS3. They didn't expect to take a hit there as well and need to play catchup in yet another part of the electronics field

Jaysonguy
Let's try to forget their computers
Aku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Aku101
Member since 2009 • 2114 Posts

We should always have competition, that way the companies compete to put out better products and at lower prices which means better for us consumers.

moose_knuckler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 moose_knuckler
Member since 2007 • 5722 Posts

Lionheart08
This, judging by how the economy is getting worse 360 and Wii won't be far behind in my eyes.
Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

I think the final nail will be Ninja Blade.

giratina215

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 giratina215
Member since 2009 • 896 Posts
They are doing bad, as almost every company on the planet. They are not dieing, they only have a bad moment. They'll come back to a good state, I'm sure.IronBass
They were having this "bad moment" before the economy fell. Sony gaming's peak was..... And still is the PS2.
HuhJustaBox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 HuhJustaBox
Member since 2006 • 1585 Posts

What was it?

Jaysonguy

Huh? Samsung does not make better LCDs than Sony. Samsung is the one that has to catch up to Sony in the technology field. Sony's XBR6 is far superior to the Samsung 6 series. Sony's LED back lit xbr8 is far better than Samsung's 9 series. Etc. etc....etc. I am not sure where you were going with that.

Also, Sony is a huge developer in the OLED front which will be the TV of the near future. Currently, Plasmas mop the floor with LCDs and all the rest of the tv tech, but when OLEDs hit the mainstream, look out. Deeper blacks, truer color, 6mm thick, less power consumption, less heat, equals a major win.

And to those who think PS3 is going to fail, you guys are either nuts, stupid, or just getting kicks by making assinine statements. Over 20 million in sales says hello. And when the PS3 drops to $299 in the coming months, look out. No one is going to catch the Big N this gen, but don't be too surprised when the PS3 takes 2nd. Not that any of that matters. I never can understand why all of you people care what happens to systems you don't own.

FragTycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 FragTycoon
Member since 2008 • 6430 Posts

a little perspective,

Lost Odyssey : 224k (First week) .91m (Life time)

Mass Effect (360) : 358k (FW)2.33m (LT)69 weeks

BioShock (360) :577k (FW) 2.32m (LT)81 weeks

Halo Wars : 602k (FW) .83m (LT) 2-3 weeks

Left4 Dead : 336k (FW) 1.86m (LT) 17 weeks

Resistance 2 : 403k (FW) 1.48m (LT) 19 weeks

LBP :335k (FW)2.09m (LT) 21 weeks

Killzone 2 :713k (FW) 1.16m (LT) 3 weeks

MGS4 :1,711k (FW) 3.91m (LT) 39 weeks

Halo 3 : 3,815k (FW) 9.2m (LT) 77 weeks

GeoW 2 : 1,896k (FW)4.69m (LT) 19 weeks

Halo and Gears have monstrous sales. Did you or anyone else expect KZ2 to get those types of numbers?

KZ2 is selling well, to say otherwise is nothing short of stupidity. Also PS3 has so many "nails" in it, it's a iron coffin by now :P

Disclaimer!!! vgchartz!!!! :lol:

dveight88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 dveight88
Member since 2009 • 34 Posts
the sales numbers do not really accurately reflect the reality anyway. I always like to compare the war between sony (japanese) and Microsoft (American) to the auto industry war between Detroit and Japan. If we were to use the Microsoft flag wavers arguments that sale numbers = better then by their logic, American cars, which sell more overall than japanese imports, would be a better product. lol. GM/Crysler/Ford make garbage vehicles compared to Honda and Toyota. This isn't a matter of opinion, it's been known and widely stated by car quality reviews for decades now so there's no news flash here. But they sell more than the imports. The reason is simple. Most of the consumer public will go to Walmart in their droopy stained sweat pants and buy junk rather than take a few more dollers out of their meagre paycheque (or welfare cheque) to buy quality. Let's look at the other garbage Micro$haft makes shall we? Windows?? utter crap. Internet Explorer!? even worse. Now all of a sudden they made something good? No, they made something for the same target audience that buys $5 shirts at Walmart. Sont will never go down because they will ALWAYS have the same discriminating customers that the japanese carmakers do.
AppleBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 AppleBlade
Member since 2008 • 615 Posts

Lionheart08

What? This guy along with many of you are freaking idiots. The PS3 already has an installed base over 20 million. It's already sold more then the Gamecube and is going to pass the Xbox 1 soon. If the Gamecube and Xbox had normal life spans why would the PS3 a system which is already on the verge of outselling both of them and that is with a $400/$500 price tag and in only a little more then 2 years. I mean I know the PS3 cost a lot to manufacture but that only gets cheaper not more expensive as the generation moves on.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

How does this magic coffin contain limitless amount of nails?

I swear the final nail was when GTAIV: L&D came out. :?

xnacommunityxna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 xnacommunityxna

Well just responding to the title of your post...do you really think sony will fail? If you do then maybe you should take a look at the sales numbers again. The system sales are strong. There's more than enough room in the game market to support the 360, ps3, and yes even the wanky wii. I don't get why gamers want to see any system fail. I mean seriously...does it rlly impact your life if x game console fails/succeeds? ydnarrewop

actually it does..... more exlusives for my console of choice

Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts
at the end of the day... I guess
xnacommunityxna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 xnacommunityxna

the sales numbers do not really accurately reflect the reality anyway. I always like to compare the war between sony (japanese) and Microsoft (American) to the auto industry war between Detroit and Japan. If we were to use the Microsoft flag wavers arguments that sale numbers = better then by their logic, American cars, which sell more overall than japanese imports, would be a better product. lol. GM/Crysler/Ford make garbage vehicles compared to Honda and Toyota. This isn't a matter of opinion, it's been known and widely stated by car quality reviews for decades now so there's no news flash here. But they sell more than the imports. The reason is simple. Most of the consumer public will go to Walmart in their droopy stained sweat pants and buy junk rather than take a few more dollers out of their meagre paycheque (or welfare cheque) to buy quality. Let's look at the other garbage Micro$haft makes shall we? Windows?? utter crap. Internet Explorer!? even worse. Now all of a sudden they made something good? No, they made something for the same target audience that buys $5 shirts at Walmart. Sont will never go down because they will ALWAYS have the same discriminating customers that the japanese carmakers do.dveight88

But if no one buys your cars... THEN WHO REALLY CARES:)

Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts

[QUOTE="Lionheart08"]

AppleBlade

What? This guy along with many of you are freaking idiots. The PS3 already has an installed base over 20 million. It's already sold more then the Gamecube and is going to pass the Xbox 1 soon. If the Gamecube and Xbox had normal life spans why would the PS3 a system which is already on the verge of outselling both of them and that is with a $400/$500 price tag and in only a little more then 2 years. I mean I know the PS3 cost a lot to manufacture but that only gets cheaper not more expensive as the generation moves on.

he was being sarcastic man
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

Another creative thread by the lemmings praying for the downfall of the PS3 while coping with lack of 360 exclusives in '09 so far.

Sony's a huge company. It's here to stay.

Avatar image for carlisledavid79
carlisledavid79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 carlisledavid79
Member since 2006 • 10522 Posts

How does this magic coffin contain limitless amount of nails?

I swear the final nail was when GTAIV: L&D came out. :?

Aljosa23
Either that or its a giant giant coffin.