What system have you been playing the most so far this year?

• 124 results
GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1105 Posts

@kvallyx: Was that a reply meant for @TheEroica? In my post I was suggesting that when someone makes a purchase they should be happy with the current state of the product.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22744 Posts

@girlusocrazy said:

@TheEroica: It's not all bad, they can sell it if they are dissatisfied, and they would have learned a valuable lesson. That can happen when you are an early adopter. When you make a purchase with anticipation of future support, it is a risk, so it is a good idea to make a purchase when you are satisfied with the current state of the product.

I remember my parents buying an Apple IIGS back in the day.... It was supposed to be the next generation of Apple computers. They supported it with 5 programs and ghosted it. My parents wouldn't buy a computer again until the 2000s after that. Once bitten twice shy.... Yet people are buying the second PSVR? It's like being hit in the mouth with a hammer and asking for more.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy

@TheEroica: I can understand that.

I can't speak for others buying it but I got one when the games I wanted became available. Maybe that is what they did too. Are there a lot of people talking about regretting the purchase? I haven't really heard that but maybe I am not looking in the right places. It is always possible that some people could be unhappy with it, and maybe they will sell it and have reservations in the future too about similar products.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 TheEroica  Moderator

@girlusocrazy said:

@TheEroica: I can understand that.

I can't speak for others buying it but I got one when the games I wanted became available. Maybe that is what they did too. Are there a lot of people talking about regretting the purchase? I haven't really heard that but maybe I am not looking in the right places.

Don't really ever see many folks say they regret a purchase. It normally impacts the ego to make that claim, but I do wonder if some folks are looking at it saying, "man that could've been a steam deck or an Xbox or a controbution to an upgraded pc...." just seems like Sony doesn't know how to market and develop games for the device despite the hardware being sound.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 GirlUSoCrazy

@TheEroica: If you are right, maybe fanboys are more common than normal people and we can no longer get an honest opinion on any purchase. I guess best to talk to people you know well IRL.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#56 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13025 Posts

@girlusocrazy said:

@kvallyx: Was that a reply meant for @TheEroica? In my post I was suggesting that when someone makes a purchase they should be happy with the current state of the product.

I was just agreeing with you. Sorry for the confusion.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#57 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39149 Posts

@TheEroica said:
@ghostofgolden said:
@hardwenzen said:
@ghostofgolden said:

1 PC/Steam Deck

2 Nintendo Switch

3 Xbox Series X/S

4 PS5/PS Portal/PSVR2

But you're one of the ones that defended the VR2 the most. Don't you think its time for you to use it?

What?! As a person that's spent time with most of the VR headsets out there all I did was praise the hardware. PSVR2 hardware is arguably the best on the market. But I've been critical of the lack of support since launch. And it ranks 4th because of the lack of support. What am I supposed to be playing on it?

Makes me sad that people bought the Psvr2 thinking there would be content only to be absolutely abused by the lack of it. Seems criminal.

Very naive gamers.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 GirlUSoCrazy

@kvallyx said:
@girlusocrazy said:

I was just agreeing with you. Sorry for the confusion.

No worries! I just have nothing to add.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#59  Edited By Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6216 Posts

@kvallyx: You should apply for the cow head job now that wenzen has moved onto PC full-time.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#60 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13025 Posts

@last_lap said:

@kvallyx: You should apply for the cow head job now that wenzen has moved onto PC full-time.

I hope I qualify!

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2543 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@TheEroica said:
@ghostofgolden said:

What?! As a person that's spent time with most of the VR headsets out there all I did was praise the hardware. PSVR2 hardware is arguably the best on the market. But I've been critical of the lack of support since launch. And it ranks 4th because of the lack of support. What am I supposed to be playing on it?

Makes me sad that people bought the Psvr2 thinking there would be content only to be absolutely abused by the lack of it. Seems criminal.

Very naive gamers.

I’ve enjoyed my time with the headset. Again, the hardware is impressive. I’ve hardly been “abused” by it, lmao. I’ve spent $550 on worse…

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#62 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69718 Posts

@TheEroica said:

Abuse makes folks apologetic. 😂

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45238 Posts
@TheEroica said:
@ghostofgolden said:
@hardwenzen said:
@ghostofgolden said:

1 PC/Steam Deck

2 Nintendo Switch

3 Xbox Series X/S

4 PS5/PS Portal/PSVR2

But you're one of the ones that defended the VR2 the most. Don't you think its time for you to use it?

You’re sad about how other people spend their money on their hobbies? 😄 I guess you must also feel sad for the people who bought the Xbox One, the PS Vita, the GameGear, and more. Did you also feel bad for people who bought Starfield?🤣

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Last_Lap

@SolidGame_basic: Game Gear? It has a ton of games and Sega supported it unlike Sony and it's 2 PSVR's. In fact Sega made 10x more games for the Game Gear than Sony had made for both its PSVR devices combined.

Take the Game Gears name out your mouth lol.

PS...all the devices you named had more first party support than what Sony has supported it's VR devices.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Pedro  Online

That damage control.🤭

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 hardwenzen

@ghostofgolden said:
@hardwenzen said:
@TheEroica said:
@ghostofgolden said:

Very naive gamers.

I’ve enjoyed my time with the headset. Again, the hardware is impressive. I’ve hardly been “abused” by it, lmao. I’ve spent $550 on worse…

You buy everything that coming out lol, of course you spent on worse. But its just a matter of principle, buying something that you know (in your case you most likely didn't knew) that there's gonna be 0 content support for it, no matter how cool it is, its a waste of space.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Last_Lap

@kvallyx: Do you play games on PS? Well then you qualify, heck I qualify because I'm playing Shenmue 3 on PS4.

The only one who doesn't qualify is wenzen as he's been playing PC, he even bought Helldivers 2 on PC and not his PS5. He's a full blown germy hermy now lol.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 tdkmillsy  Online
Member since 2003 • 5964 Posts

Phone galaxy fold 5

PC

Series X

PS5

Switch

Probably in that order.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 hardwenzen

@tdkmillsy said:

Phone galaxy fold 5

PC

Series X

PS5

Switch

Probably in that order.

rofl casual.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By SolidGame_basic  Online
@last_lap said:

@SolidGame_basic: Game Gear? It has a ton of games and Sega supported it unlike Sony and it's 2 PSVR's. In fact Sega made 10x more games for the Game Gear than Sony had made for both its PSVR devices combined.

PS...all the devices you named had more first party support than what Sony has supported its VR devices.

False, GameGear had 363 games.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Game_Gear_games

PSVR has 530

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_VR_games

PSVR 2 currently has 259 with being on the market for just one year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_VR2_games

Always amazes me when people talk out of their ass 🤣

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Last_Lap

@SolidGame_basic said:
@last_lap said:

PS...all the devices you named had more first party support than what Sony has supported its VR devices.

False, GameGear had 363 games.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Game_Gear_games

PSVR has 530

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_VR_games

PSVR 2 currently has 259 with being on the market for just one year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_VR2_games

Always amazes me when people talk out of their ass 🤣

Re-read the bold and try again Solid 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Pedro  Online

PSVR2 flopped so hard, Sony has to attract PC gamers with PC support.😂

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 TheEroica  Moderator

@SolidGame_basic said:
@TheEroica said:
@ghostofgolden said:
@hardwenzen said:
@ghostofgolden said:

1 PC/Steam Deck

2 Nintendo Switch

3 Xbox Series X/S

4 PS5/PS Portal/PSVR2

You’re sad about how other people spend their money on their hobbies? 😄 I guess you must also feel sad for the people who bought the Xbox One, the PS Vita, the GameGear, and more. Did you also feel bad for people who bought Starfield?🤣

Vita had worth. Was a wonderful console. How dare you slander it. Xbox one was mostly a waste and I did not purchase it. I do not feel bad for people who bought Starfield as it was a well received game with many people enjoying it.

Psvr was a device that didn't need to exist in the way it does now. Not because the hardware is bad, but because the company producing software for it is incompetent and has a track record of building hardware and then not supporting it. That indeed feels shady, but also more like people are swayed by empty promises and faux hype way too easily.

Vita gamers on the other hand? We won.... The handheld is STILL relevant and it delivered incredible games on the go.... Cross buy and cross save baby! What a value! Sony was able to take what was about to be a coat hanger abortion of a device and managed to play to its strengths... Psvr 1 was a software let down and so was Psvr2... The question I have is will Sony fans allow themselves to be raked a third time over the coals or is there a limit?

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2543 Posts
@TheEroica said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Vita had worth. Was a wonderful console. How dare you slander it. Xbox one was mostly a waste and I did not purchase it. I do not feel bad for people who bought Starfield as it was a well received game with many people enjoying it.

Psvr was a device that didn't need to exist in the way it does now. Not because the hardware is bad, but because the company producing software for it is incompetent and has a track record of building hardware and then not supporting it. That indeed feels shady, but also more like people are swayed by empty promises and faux hype way too easily.

Vita gamers on the other hand? We won.... The handheld is STILL relevant and it delivered incredible games on the go.... Cross buy and cross save baby! What a value! Sony was able to take what was about to be a coat hanger abortion of a device and managed to play to its strengths... Psvr 1 was a software let down and so was Psvr2... The question I have is will Sony fans allow themselves to be raked a third time over the coals or is there a limit?

The Vita was a gem. Xbox One got Titanfall near launch which is anther gem. The Xbox One at launch had a better lineup than the PS4 as well.

PSVR1 hardware-wise was a dud. The tracking was BS and the PS4 couldn't handle the games. But the software was there at launch. EVE and RIGS were really fun games. A big knock on PSVR2 is the lack of backwards compatibility. PlayStation fixed the hardware issues but completely whiffed on the software. GT7 is fun and works really well in VR. That Horizon game is like a tech demo and the rest of the library is Quest throwaway ports. Everything else fails to sell folks on VR. My kids enjoy Among Us VR, but the experience is tainted by grown folks being inappropriate.

@hardwenzen said:
@ghostofgolden said:

You buy everything that coming out lol, of course you spent on worse. But its just a matter of principle, buying something that you know (in your case you most likely didn't knew) that there's gonna be 0 content support for it, no matter how cool it is, its a waste of space.

PSVR2 is only disappointing because of the lack of software. But the software it does have, as limited as it may be offers a neat experience worth having and showing off. And with PC support coming, the PSVR2 headset will be the best value/performer in the VR space by a country mile. Which may not mean much with VR continuing to fail to catch on... But as a headset its doing some great things.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 tdkmillsy  Online

@hardwenzen: you say casual I say old with respnosibliites.

I'd love to be young again where my only goal is to stay relevant in a forum.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 hardwenzen

@tdkmillsy said:

@hardwenzen: you say casual I say old with respnosibliites.

I'd love to be young again where my only goal is to stay relevant in a forum.

Well, you aren't anymore, and your relevance on the forum is at -1%.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 tdkmillsy  Online

@hardwenzen: I'm fine with that, it appears it's only you who has an issue and I cannot do anything about that

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 hardwenzen

@tdkmillsy said:

@hardwenzen: I'm fine with that, it appears it's only you who has an issue and I cannot do anything about that

I am relevant, the most relevant you will find, so there's no issue, don't be a fool.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 tdkmillsy  Online

@hardwenzen: I didn't say you where not, it's simply something you learn not to do as you grow up.

I was saying it's only u who has an issue with my relevancy.

Funny thing is you are using someone who u think has no relevance to boost your own.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46444 Posts

@tdkmillsy said:

Phone galaxy fold 5

PC

Series X

PS5

Switch

Probably in that order.

Ship of harkinian look sick on that thing!

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 SolidGame_basic  Online

@TheEroica said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@TheEroica said:
@ghostofgolden said:
@hardwenzen said:

That's some serious revisionist history there 🤣 I had a Vita from Day 1 and this forum trashed the console. Now it's being looked at with rose tinted glasses.

You literally make no sense regarding VR. There is no VR company today who is trying to support it solely with first party. This is basic business sense, but you seem to lack business understanding.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Pedro  Online
@SolidGame_basic said:
@TheEroica said:

That's some serious revisionist history there 🤣 I had a Vita from Day 1 and this forum trashed the console. Now it's being looked at with rose tinted glasses.

You literally make no sense regarding VR. There is no VR company today who is trying to support it solely with first party. This is basic business sense, but you seem to lack business understanding.

I am looking for the part where @TheEroica stated that Sony or any company is expected to solely supported hardware with first party titles. It is a shame you lack basic english understanding.😂

Quest continues to dominate.😏

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 SolidGame_basic  Online

^ triggered 😎

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Pedro  Online
@SolidGame_basic said:

^ triggered 😎

Yep! I am triggered by pointing out you were wrong.😂

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 TheEroica  Moderator

@Pedro said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@TheEroica said:

I am looking for the part where @TheEroica stated that Sony or any company is expected to solely supported hardware with first party titles. It is a shame you lack basic english understanding.😂

I called the opening of the vitas life a "coat hanger abortion" that Sony saved with cross buy and cross save.... They also had a wonderful legacy library on it. Do we not agree that the front half of the vita was lined with mismanagement and weak support only to be rounded out nicely by the time its life was over?

I complimented Sony on rescuing the vita and got bashed for it... By Solid? Someone write that down.

I don't know what he's talking about with the first party piece... Psvr2 is dead because it is unsupported with quality experiences and it's parent company has no plans to change that. They went into the marketing for the device saying it was the next generation of VR performance (and it may be) but it is nothing more than a 500 doorstop based on its current support. Tell me where we don't agree?

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 SolidGame_basic  Online
@TheEroica said:
@Pedro said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@TheEroica said:

I called the opening of the vitas life a "coat hanger abortion" that Sony saved with cross buy and cross save.... They also had a wonderful legacy library on it. Do we not agree that the front half of the vita was lined with mismanagement and weak support only to be rounded out nicely by the time its life was over?

I complimented Sony on rescuing the vita and got bashed for it... By Solid? Someone write that down.

I don't know what he's talking about with the first party piece... Psvr2 is dead because it is unsupported with quality experiences and it's parent company has no plans to change that. They went into the marketing for the device saying it was the next generation of VR performance (and it may be) but it is nothing more than a 500 doorstop based on its current support. Tell me where we don't agree?

If this question is, are cross buy and cross save great features? Sure.
But if we're talking about the Vita's legacy, it was trashed on a daily basis in SW. That's just a fact.

It's hard to take you seriously because you literally make claims out of your ass. GT7 VR was lauded, so was RE Village VR (which I think is still exclusive to PSVR 2), RE4 Remake VR debuted exclusively on PSVR 2. Horizon Call of the Mountain, had positive reviews and was a great display of the tech. Humanity debuted on PS Plus and supported PSVR 2. They even took an old Dreamcast classic and brought it to VR (CS Smash). It also has a lot of the big third party VR titles like No Man's Sky VR.

Now could we use more first party games for PSVR 2? I can agree with that. But saying it's dead and unsupported is silly. You're just trying to spin a narrative.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Pedro  Online

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44143 Posts

lolol :P

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 TheEroica  Moderator

@SolidGame_basic: your narrative being that it's healthy and a fantastic value? Cmon....

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2040 Posts

@Pedro: but you spend way more time here than playing your Xbox/PC. Shouldn't you say System Wars and a bit of Xbox here and there. 😆

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Pedro  Online

@blamix said:

@Pedro: but you spend way more time here than playing your Xbox/PC. Shouldn't you say System Wars and a bit of Xbox here and there. 😆

I fortunate to be able to respond on the forum while working. I am sorry if that rubs you the wrong way.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2946 Posts

XSX

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10626 Posts
@saint-george said:

just turned my Ps5 on to check for any updates..

You fanboy so hard that you failed to answer the TC question.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

*On Topic*

I mainly play the ps5. I have a xsx and a switch but because most of my buds have a ps5 I play on that mostly.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#94 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9578 Posts

I could have sworn I already posted in this thread but I didn't see it in here with a quick glance, so if I'm reposting... well, my bad. lol

Probably in order of most use is PS5, ROG Ally/PC, Switch, mobile, XSX but that can easily change, that's just to this point this year,

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22388 Posts

Switch.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 hardwenzen

@hrt_rulz01 said:

Switch.

Laughable, even for Aussie standards.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Last_Lap

@WitIsWisdom said:

I could have sworn I already posted in this thread but I didn't see it in here with a quick glance, so if I'm reposting... well, my bad. lol

Probably in order of most use is PS5, ROG Ally/PC, Switch, mobile, XSX but that can easily change, that's just to this point this year,

You did post #15

Old age mate, I know the feeling lol.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#98 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9578 Posts

@last_lap: Whoops... nice catch man... lol. With as many duplicates as we have here I thought maybe I was just remembering a different thread. Oh well.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

Series X for another playthrough of elden ring, then remnant 2, and now Alan Wake 2. Will probably play helldivers 2 on ps5 after that.

LAtech84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 LAtech84
Member since 2017 • 643 Posts

PC as that is my favorite and the only other gaming system I own is an Xbox 360 which is cool but I have not turned that on in awhile. I guess I play some games on my phone when I am out of the house.