What is the next game likeliest to get a 10 on Gamespot?

• 154 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

Poll What is the next game likeliest to get a 10 on Gamespot? (143 votes)

Fallout 4 44%
Persona 5 11%
XCOM 2 3%
Scalebound 6%
Final Fantasy XV 7%
The Last Guardian 13%
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End 32%
Dark Souls III 11%
The Legend of Zelda 25%
Other (Specify) 11%

YOU CAN VOTE FOR MULTIPLE GAMES. FEEL FREE TO VOTE FOR ALL GAMES YOU THINK ARE LIKELY TO GET A 10 ON GAMESPOT.

But which ones do you think, personally, are candidates for a 10? 10s are now becoming more and more common on Gamespot, so another one within the next year is not unlikely.

Personally, I think the following have a chance:

• Fallout 4
  • Persona 5
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • The Last Guardian
 • 
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

whats the next indie garbage to hit ps4?

cyclops10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 cyclops10
Member since 2004 • 696 Posts

Uncharted and Zelda. Fallout will have too many bugs to score a 10.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

No Halo 5? Really? That game has 9-10 written all over it, it's going to be the biggest and best Halo game to date.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@nyadc said:

No Halo 5? Really? That game has 9-10 written all over it, it's going to be the biggest and best Halo game to date.

Even if it is the absolute best Halo game ever (which I doubt, but I mean, it could go either way), are you seriously suggesting it would be a 10? Some games are limited by their franchise and genre, Halo is one of them. It won't get a 10, if 3 and Reach could not, it just never will.

That said, the Others option is there to account for any games not named in the poll.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Since Kevin van Ord left, I can easily see Fallout 4 hitting 10.

And it makes me sick.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

Indie crap on PC is equally revered.

To TC: nothing on that last shouts 10 to me though I can see some pretentious fuckwit giving a 10 to The Last Guardian.

Avatar image for Darkhorse-Gamer
Darkhorse-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Darkhorse-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 277 Posts

Half Life 3.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Darkhorse-Gamer said:

Half Life 3.

Call me when it actually exists

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NyaDC

@charizard1605 said:
@nyadc said:

Even if it is the absolute best Halo game ever (which I doubt, but I mean, it could go either way), are you seriously suggesting it would be a 10? Some games are limited by their franchise and genre, Halo is one of them. It won't get a 10, if 3 and Reach could not, it just never will.

That said, the Others option is there to account for any games not named in the poll.

Well from what has been shown and played the multi-player is a step above all of the other Halo games, Warzone is going to be incredible, not to mention the very competitive eSport nature of Breakout which will be a smash success. The campaign is shaping up to be the most diverse, largest not only in length but in scale, with completely new mechanics and likely the strongest storytelling and dialog in the entire franchise, plus the aspect of getting to play both sides with a fire team at your side.

I just see good things here man, very, very good things, I'd say a 10 is not out of the realm of possibility.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

@cyclops10 said:

Uncharted and Zelda. Fallout will have too many bugs to score a 10.

Agree with all of this. No way for Fallout 4, but Zelda and Uncharted (even though its not my type of game) have shown the ability to score really well.

My pick, Persona 5. Other than that... No Man's Sky maybe?

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

I think Fallout will probably end up being my GOTY unless BGS completely botches it, which I doubt. No way in hell it gets a 10 because unlike TW3 its going to get blasted for having bugs and character models/voice acting that is still kind of stiff.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@nyadc said:
@charizard1605 said:
@nyadc said:

Well from what has been shown and played the multi-player is a step above all of the other Halo games, Warzone is going to be incredible, not to mention the very competitive eSport nature of Breakout which will be a smash success. The campaign is shaping up to be the most diverse, largest not only in length but in scale, with completely new mechanics and likely the strongest storytelling and dialog in the entire franchise, plus the aspect of getting to play both sides with a fire team at your side.

I just see good things here man, very, very good things.

I mean... Halo 5 looks very promising, it's gotten me interested, and I thought that would be impossible after the double whammy of Halo 4 and MCC, but...

Idk, man, I hope it does well (a strong Halo would make me happy, it used to be one of my favorite franchises not so long ago), I just don't want to be let down again lol.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By NyaDC
@charizard1605 said:
@Darkhorse-Gamer said:

Half Life 3.

It does exist, it's been in development for years, it had a team of over 100 people working on it back in 2009, now it's a skeleton crew of 10 people developing it.

Valve from a management and corporate level has no interest in pursuing it, it's being made by people who want to build it in the company.

Avatar image for deactivated-58ce94803a170
deactivated-58ce94803a170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 deactivated-58ce94803a170
Member since 2015 • 8822 Posts

I dont believe in 10 scores, but i would guess Zelda.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17  Edited By princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

FFXV and Zelda

Running-Target

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#18 Running-Target
Member since 2014 • 413 Posts
@ssg1 said:
@Darkhorse-Gamer said:

Half Life 3.

@rskueem said:

Cyberpunk 2077.

+1.

Steam & GoG together xD. Valve,CDPR good guys.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 blueinheaven

@nyadc said:
@charizard1605 said:
@nyadc said:

I just see good things here man, very, very good things, I'd say a 10 is not out of the realm of possibility.

The squad based thing is massive potential for total disaster. They need to get the AI companions absolutely 100% spot on or that's going to be a problem from the first second you start playing the game after the intro.

I really hate squad based shooters but I love Halo. Huge conundrum here though obviously I'll buy it anyway.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#20 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

From the list post, Uncharted 4. P5 is going to likely be a 11/10 for me but American reviewers will likely dock it for being weird. If Uncharted 4 doesn't get it then certainly Zelda since that comes after. Fallout will score high but will be tooo glitchy hindered by long loading time.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 NyaDC

@blueinheaven said:
@nyadc said:
@charizard1605 said:
@nyadc said:

The squad based thing is massive potential for total disaster. They need to get the AI companions absolutely 100% spot on or that's going to be a problem from the first second you start playing the game after the intro.

I really hate squad based shooters but I love Halo. Huge conundrum here though obviously I'll buy it anyway.

I think they'll pull it off very well, and hopefully this next sentence will quell any fears you may have. The creative director for Halo 5 is Tim Longo, if you don't know who he is, he's responsible for Star Wars: Republic Commando, easily the best Star Wars game made which was also squad oriented.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 blueinheaven

@nyadc said:
@blueinheaven said:
@nyadc said:
@charizard1605 said:
@nyadc said:

I think they'll pull it off very well, and hopefully this next sentence will quell any fears you may have. The creative director for Halo 5 is Tim Longo, if you don't know who he is, he's responsible for Star Wars: Republic Commando, easily the best Star Wars game made which was also squad oriented.

It will be hard for them to get it wrong with me I am a sucker for anything Halo I just don't like having AI characters following me around and waiting for me to tell them what to do or just watching them **** it all up by themselves lol.

I'm sure it will be fine.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By NyaDC
@blueinheaven said:

It will be hard for them to get it wrong with me I am a sucker for anything Halo I just don't like having AI characters following me around and waiting for me to tell them what to do or just watching them **** it all up by themselves lol.

Well just look at this here for example, Republic Commando got an 8.7 here on GameSpot, look at the things it was praised for and look at the things it was knocked for, Halo doesn't have those two negatives.

It's going to be an excellent game.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

None of those will in my opinion.

I think they may give it a rest for a while actually.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 blueinheaven

@nyadc said:
@blueinheaven said:

Well just look at this here for example, Republic Commando got an 8.7 here on GameSpot, look at the things it was praised for and look at the things it was knocked for, Halo doesn't have those two negatives.

It's going to be an excellent game.

Well, I personally could not give a solitary **** for Halo MP but I wonder since GS scored Halo MCC (one of the best game collections in the history of videogames) down because the MP didn't work at first completely ignoring the incredible SP campaigns will they give Halo 5 a 10 because it is so geared towards MP from the start?

I'm going to guess 'no'.

The best way to get a 10 for Halo from GS is bring Van Ord back and do Halo 5 in 8 bit graphics and send it to him for review.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@blueinheaven said:
@mems_1224 said:

Indie crap

lmao, you whine so much over video games.

Darkhorse-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Darkhorse-Gamer

@charizard1605: Scalebound 0% vote. Total War: Warhammer might get some votes xD. This GS system of limiting EDITs sucks.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

Zelda and Last Guardian.

**Disclaimer for MBirdy: This is only my opinion**

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Wickerman777
Member since 2013 • 2164 Posts

Doubt it will get a 10 but Forza 6 will be out in a few days and will likely score high.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 blueinheaven

@Blabadon said:
@blueinheaven said:
@mems_1224 said:

Indie crap

Just been talking on here about how much I'm looking forward to Halo 5 and Persona 5 with a few likeminded people. Not sure how that qualifies as whining.

It's not my fault if you can only afford to play indie games but I would suggest buy a SNES and a Sega Megadrive it will work out a lot cheaper for you in the long run.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

That's very tough to say.

Instead of voting for a game I wish would get a 10, I would have to look at game series history with Gamespot.com scores. Naughty Dog isn't really Gamespot.com's favorite developer. By process of elimination looking at all the games and not having to list every developer as I just started to do, I don't think I see a contender in the poll...for Gamespot.com. I think those will all be great games though.

It's tough, I'm not sure any of those will do it, but you never know. Maybe Zelda has a chance, but man we don't know anything about it.

I would guess No Man's Sky has a chance to get a 10 or a very graciou s7/8 depending, lol.

I'll tell you this much, I'm most interested in Scalebound and The Last Guardian in the poll, but I don't think either game will score a 10...probably land an 8/9 each.

Also, Fallout has a chance as well.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By blueinheaven

Okay I cheated a bit. I don't see any game from that list getting a 10 so instead I picked the one that I personally have the highest hopes for, which is Final Fantasy XV. I think it's going to blow everything away when they finally release it.

guard12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#35 guard12
Member since 2004 • 2018 Posts

Legend of Zelda would be my bet

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Blabadon

@blueinheaven said:
@Blabadon said:
@blueinheaven said:
@mems_1224 said:

Indie crap

Just been talking on here about how much I'm looking forward to Halo 5 and Persona 5 with a few likeminded people. Not sure how that qualifies as whining.

It's not my fault if you can only afford to play indie games but I would suggest buy a SNES and a Sega Megadrive it will work out a lot cheaper for you in the long run.

Do you read the shit you type? Ouch.

"I come to video game forums to trash a whole amorphic genre of games because I am too close minded and have too shitty taste to enjoy good games."

Sucks man.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By blueinheaven

@Blabadon said:
@blueinheaven said:
@Blabadon said:
@blueinheaven said:
@mems_1224 said:

Indie crap

Do you read the shit you type? Ouch.

"I come to video game forums to trash a whole amorphic genre of games because I am too close minded and have too shitty taste to enjoy good games."

Sucks man.

If you read my recent posts you'll see that's not why I come here at all, but if anyone brings it up (like you did) I'll give my opinion which I believe is within forum rules.

I believe the indie 'craze' is destroying gaming, basically trying to bring us all back to the 80s which incidentally I have already experienced but if you want to believe you're hip and rad for playing games that look 30 years out of date you go ahead and fucking knock yourself out with it all.

I will remain unimpressed.

Avatar image for deactivated-58bd60b980002
deactivated-58bd60b980002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#38 deactivated-58bd60b980002
Member since 2004 • 2016 Posts

Persona 5 and Zelda have a chance in my opinion. P4G got excellent review here and most Zelda did get high score.

Fallout 4 will have too many glitches and bugs to ever be more than 9. Uncharted may get it too as it is highly praised but I can't stand that game. Final Fantasy XV can't get more than a 9 but who knows if it does better than XIII trilogy. As for the rest I don't believe any of those can score more than 8 even if many people could give them very high praise

Darkhorse-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Darkhorse-Gamer
@rskueem said:
@Darkhorse-Gamer said:

@charizard1605: Scalebound 0% vote. Total War: Warhammer might get some votes xD. This GS system of limiting EDITs sucks.

Bayonetta 2 hype, Hideki Kamiya. ;) Yep, this GS system of limiting EDITs sucks, it ruined my thread.

Platinum Games. ;) Since Kevin Vanord left, looks like this time Nier would get good score from GS XD. Glad Clunky Souls in poll. :p

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Blabadon

@blueinheaven: ahhhhh, so shiny things > good gameplay.

I didn't know pigeons could use a keyboard

Skelly34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Skelly34
Member since 2015 • 2353 Posts

the next game that comes out.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By -God-
Member since 2004 • 3627 Posts

@blueinheaven said:
@mems_1224 said:

Indie crap on PC is equally revered.

At least they are actual games. Divinity and POE have more gameplay and content than full PS4 releases.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 blueinheaven

@Blabadon said:

@blueinheaven: ahhhhh, so shiny things > good gameplay.

I didn't know pigeons could use a keyboard

So it is your belief that it's impossible in this day and age to find games with great graphics AND great gameplay so you just play games from the 80s instead?

How do you get by in life being so stupid? Do you have an adult helping you cross the road when you leave your house?

A-new-Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 A-new-Guardian
Member since 2015 • 2458 Posts

LOL I'll leave GameSpot if The Last Guardian gets a 10. Which is not going to happen no matter what hahaha.

Going with Fallout 4.

UC4 has a chance of 9.0 and at worst an 8.0. Even TLOU didn't get higher and GameSpot and polygon were the two who gave it lower than the rest. Lol at Tom Mcshea complaints in the review. A joke of a review tbh. Yeah Joel is shady LOL.

NoZakuBoy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By NoZakuBoy09
Member since 2015 • 141 Posts

Fallout 4 will probably be amazing but I have my doubts it will get a 10 from gamespot .. its in the realm of possibility but unlikely I think.

Persona 5 no way in hell, it happens all the time with most games that are very japan focused they'll get docked for being weird or in personas case being too juvenile

drinkerofjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#46 drinkerofjuice
Member since 2007 • 4567 Posts

NBA Live 16.

It'll happen. Just watch.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 blueinheaven

@nozakuboy09 said:

Fallout 4 will probably be amazing but I have my doubts it will get a 10 from gamespot .. its in the realm of possibility but unlikely I think.

Persona 5 no way in hell, it happens all the time with most games that are very japan focused they'll get docked for being weird or in personas case being too juvenile

Persona 5 8 maximum whoever reviews it won't understand the appeal at all.

FO4 is unlikely to be amazing in any way, FO3 sucked donkey balls, New Vegas was amazing but that team is not making FO4.

UltimateImp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#48 UltimateImp
Member since 2015 • 1192 Posts

@nyadc said:
@charizard1605 said:
@Darkhorse-Gamer said:

Half Life 3.

It does exist, it's been in development for years, it had a team of over 100 people working on it back in 2009, now it's a skeleton crew of 10 people developing it.

Valve from a management and corporate level has no interest in pursuing it, it's being made by people who want to build it in the company.

I want sources on that.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#49 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

My guess is Fallout 4 and that's if the bugs aren't too bad.

Other guess would be The Legend of Zelda U.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By NyaDC
@ultimateimp said:
@nyadc said:
@charizard1605 said:
@Darkhorse-Gamer said:

Half Life 3.

I want sources on that.

These guys seem to have very reliable sources, and everything they're saying all adds up.

Loading Video...