What is the best multiplayer game of All time ?

• 106 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nivet14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 nivet14
Member since 2006 • 5329 Posts

topic

Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Redmoonxl2
Member since 2003 • 11059 Posts
  • Starcraft
  • World of Warcraft
  • Diablo 2
  • Warcraft III
  • CounterStrike (Or any of the Dozen Awesome HL Mods)
  • Street Fighter II

Any one of these games would be on the right track.

hopedead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 hopedead
Member since 2006 • 232 Posts
I have say Diablo 2 ONLY because i wasted so many hours on that game:P
_KenKittyragi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 _KenKittyragi_
Member since 2007 • 1967 Posts

Halo 3!!! It's just so fricken fun and so many hilarious moments! I especially love saved films so I can save all my favorite moments (like my overkill, 20 kills in a row on last resort).

P.S. Good strategy: Drop bubbleshield and stay in. When enemies come in, take out shotgun and BOOM!

chicken008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 chicken008
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts
Smash Bros. Melee.
Led_poison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Led_poison
Member since 2004 • 10146 Posts
Counterstrike
majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#7 majadamus
Member since 2003 • 10292 Posts
Socom: Combined Assault, Street Fighter III: Third Strike
Crunchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Crunchman
Member since 2003 • 9316 Posts
I'd say Halo 3 is up there. Maybe it's just fresh in my mind, but I forsee a lot of fun being had. Forge and all that file-share stuff, it really raises the bar for console(and PC, but to a lesser extent) multiplayer games.
SuperMario_46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#9 SuperMario_46
Member since 2006 • 4960 Posts
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Avatar image for KrazyKenKutarag
KrazyKenKutarag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KrazyKenKutarag
Member since 2007 • 1905 Posts
There's no 'best multiplayer of all time' since opinions differ. But my favourite would have to be either UT04 or Natural Selection.
Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Redmoonxl2

Forge and all that file-share stuff, it really raises the bar for console(and PC, but to a lesser extent) multiplayer games.JLuke360

I wouldn't even say to a lesser extent for PC games since they had that stuff since the 90s.

ZanuffC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ZanuffC
Member since 2007 • 614 Posts
Smash Bros :lol:

UT2K4, GGXX, Starcraft.
Avatar image for deactivated-645e897010df8
deactivated-645e897010df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-645e897010df8
Member since 2006 • 2491 Posts
Command and Conquer Tiberian sun and Halo 3 (so far!).
murat8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 murat8
Member since 2006 • 10362 Posts
Super Smash Bros. Melee
11Marcel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 11Marcel
Member since 2004 • 7241 Posts

[QUOTE="JLuke360"]Forge and all that file-share stuff, it really raises the bar for console(and PC, but to a lesser extent) multiplayer games.Redmoonxl2

I wouldn't even say to a lesser extent for PC games since they had that stuff since the 90s.

Well, for forge I think you can say it raised the bar a bit. It's just too simple to say that map editors for the pc games were there already and forge is doing nothing new. It's just a completely different thing. Forge is about experimenting with maps, quickly making adjustments, orquickly rebalancing a map for a gametype. Map editor is more something forreally diving into it and being dedicated to making a map. Let's just sayforge being simple doesn't make it worse, but different. It has a lot of advantages.
Avatar image for distrbdslipsoad
distrbdslipsoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 distrbdslipsoad
Member since 2004 • 17458 Posts

tekken 3

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts
Honestly, Super Smash Bros Melee.
Avatar image for theheavydrinker
theheavydrinker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#18 theheavydrinker
Member since 2004 • 1524 Posts
Half-Life simply because of its mods.
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Spartan070
Smash Bros :lol:

UT2K4, GGXX, Starcraft.
ZanuffC
Yes, Smash Bros.:|
SpaceDragonMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SpaceDragonMan
Member since 2007 • 1502 Posts
Hayloo Threee
Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 Hoffgod
Member since 2006 • 12229 Posts
Super Smash Bros Melee.
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Spartan070

Half-Life simply because of its mods.theheavydrinker
Sigh, mods...."saving Half-Life 2's ass since 2001."

Don't people realize that the game is great on it's own without mods?

ZanuffC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ZanuffC

[QUOTE="ZanuffC"]Smash Bros :lol:

UT2K4, GGXX, Starcraft.
Spartan070
Yes, Smash Bros.:|

Okay. ;)

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
[QUOTE="Redmoonxl2"]

[QUOTE="JLuke360"]Forge and all that file-share stuff, it really raises the bar for console(and PC, but to a lesser extent) multiplayer games.11Marcel

Well, for forge I think you can say it raised the bar a bit. It's just too simple to say that map editors for the pc games were there already and forge is doing nothing new. It's just a completely different thing. Forge is about experimenting with maps, quickly making adjustments, orquickly rebalancing a map for a gametype. Map editor is more something forreally diving into it and being dedicated to making a map. Let's just sayforge being simple doesn't make it worse, but different. It has a lot of advantages.

Garry's mod

11Marcel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 11Marcel

Chromehounds.

I'm being serious BTW. That game rocked with a cool group of people.

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Lonelynight

[QUOTE="theheavydrinker"]Half-Life simply because of its mods.Spartan070

Don't you realize its even better with mods? ;)

ZanuffC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ZanuffC
[QUOTE="11Marcel"][QUOTE="Redmoonxl2"]

[QUOTE="JLuke360"]Forge and all that file-share stuff, it really raises the bar for console(and PC, but to a lesser extent) multiplayer games.Lonelynight

Garry's mod

Yeah, fairly lengthy post debunked with 2 words.

Avatar image for deactivated-645e897010df8
deactivated-645e897010df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-645e897010df8
Member since 2006 • 2491 Posts

Chromehounds.

I'm being serious BTW. That game rocked with a cool group of people.

11Marcel

Didn't really like it, they seem to take it way too seriously. Almost everyone uses the same set-up, 4 cannon, doubles etc depending on the update and then a load of armour covering the cockpit.

Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Redmoonxl2
Well, for forge I think you can say it raised the bar a bit. It's just too simple to say that map editors for the pc games were there already and forge is doing nothing new. It's just a completely different thing. Forge is about experimenting with maps, quickly making adjustments, orquickly rebalancing a map for a gametype. Map editor is more something forreally diving into it and being dedicated to making a map. Let's just sayforge being simple doesn't make it worse, but different. It has a lot of advantages. 11Marcel

Sorry but I wouldn't consider Forge raising any bar for PC gaming, especially if the only argument is that you get to play around and rebalance premade maps. PC gamers have been screwing around with premade maps for a long time as well. Also, thanks to map editors in PC gaming, players have been able to make their own games from scratch, going as far as adding their own skins, sound and play mechanics. Can't say that about Forge.

I'm not trying to that Forge is revolutionary, because it is...for consoles. The way I see it, Halo 3 is just playing catch up to what PC gamers have been experiencing for years.

akif22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#30 akif22
Member since 2003 • 16012 Posts

smash bros melee

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Spartan070
[QUOTE="Spartan070"]

[QUOTE="theheavydrinker"]Half-Life simply because of its mods.Lonelynight

Games are not scored on their modded content, they are scored on what is on the game disc.
Crunchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Crunchman
Member since 2003 • 9316 Posts

[QUOTE="JLuke360"]Forge and all that file-share stuff, it really raises the bar for console(and PC, but to a lesser extent) multiplayer games.Lonelynight

Garry's mod

Your right, it is similar to Forge, and a lot deeper in many respects, but it's more of a sandbox based game.

Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Redmoonxl2

Garry's mod

Damn, here I am writing a detailed posted when you killed his argument in two words. :(

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Spartan070
[QUOTE="11Marcel"]Well, for forge I think you can say it raised the bar a bit. It's just too simple to say that map editors for the pc games were there already and forge is doing nothing new. It's just a completely different thing. Forge is about experimenting with maps, quickly making adjustments, orquickly rebalancing a map for a gametype. Map editor is more something forreally diving into it and being dedicated to making a map. Let's just sayforge being simple doesn't make it worse, but different. It has a lot of advantages. Redmoonxl2

Sorry but I wouldn't consider Forge raising any bar for PC gaming, especially if the only argument is that you get to play around and rebalance premade maps. PC gamers have been screwing around with premade maps for a long time as well. Also, thanks to map editors in PC gaming, players have been able to make their own games from scratch, going as far as adding their own skins, sound and play mechanics. Can't say that about Forge.

I'm not trying to that Forge is revolutionary, because it is...for consoles. The way I see it, Halo 3 is just playing catch up to what PC gamers have been experiencing for years.

The main part that gets me is I can't think of a single PC program of this type that lets you "screw around" with the map while online wityh other people...
Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Lonelynight
[QUOTE="Lonelynight"][QUOTE="Spartan070"]

[QUOTE="theheavydrinker"]Half-Life simply because of its mods.Spartan070

Games are not scored on their modded content, they are scored on what is on the game disc.

We're not talking about the scores are we? ;)

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Spartan070
[QUOTE="Lonelynight"]

Garry's mod

Redmoonxl2

Damn, here I am writing a detailed posted when you killed his argument in two words. :(

SP only.
Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Redmoonxl2
[QUOTE="Lonelynight"]

Spartan070

Funny because reviewers have claimed Forge (Which is Modding sans the depth) is a game changing major addition to Halo 3, contributing heavily to the scores.

ZanuffC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ZanuffC
[QUOTE="Redmoonxl2"][QUOTE="11Marcel"]Well, for forge I think you can say it raised the bar a bit. It's just too simple to say that map editors for the pc games were there already and forge is doing nothing new. It's just a completely different thing. Forge is about experimenting with maps, quickly making adjustments, orquickly rebalancing a map for a gametype. Map editor is more something forreally diving into it and being dedicated to making a map. Let's just sayforge being simple doesn't make it worse, but different. It has a lot of advantages. Spartan070

The main part that gets me is I can't think of a single PC program of this type that lets you "screw around" with the map while online wityh other people...

G A R R Y ' S M O D

You can edit an entire level, live, while playing with other online, with MORE people online, you can do pretty much everything forge does, and then much more.

IndianaJosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 IndianaJosh
Member since 2003 • 5159 Posts
[QUOTE="Redmoonxl2"][QUOTE="Lonelynight"]

Garry's mod

Spartan070

SP only.

Um... Garry's Mod is multiplayer too buddy.
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Spartan070
[QUOTE="Spartan070"][QUOTE="Lonelynight"][QUOTE="Spartan070"]

Lonelynight

We're not talking about the scores are we? ;)

No we are talking games. Half-Life 2 the game does not have great MP imo, especially not the best ever. The modded content that was made for the game does but as far as the actual games goes, lol at best MP ever.
Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Lonelynight
[QUOTE="Redmoonxl2"][QUOTE="Lonelynight"]

Garry's mod

Spartan070

SP only.

You seems determind to put down HL2(not to say your a fanboy or anything) is it because its highly praised?

And I don't like HL and HL2 my self FYI

oyvoyvoyv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 oyvoyvoyv
Member since 2007 • 602 Posts

Super Smash Bros. MeleeSuperMario_46

Agreed

11Marcel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 11Marcel
[QUOTE="11Marcel"]Well, for forge I think you can say it raised the bar a bit. It's just too simple to say that map editors for the pc games were there already and forge is doing nothing new. It's just a completely different thing. Forge is about experimenting with maps, quickly making adjustments, orquickly rebalancing a map for a gametype. Map editor is more something forreally diving into it and being dedicated to making a map. Let's just sayforge being simple doesn't make it worse, but different. It has a lot of advantages.Redmoonxl2

See, my argument was really that it's very quick and simple. Not that it could do what map editors could do. I understand you can mess around with premade maps with pc shooters too. It's not like console fps are ever going to get editors that detailed either. Then again, I don't think console fps developers want that. They just want to give players enough opportunities to mess around with a level to get some cool alterations for the levels. Otherwise it gets too confusing for most players (we're still talking about consoles after all).
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Spartan070
[QUOTE="Spartan070"][QUOTE="Lonelynight"]

Redmoonxl2

Funny because reviewers have claimed Forge (Which is Modding sans the depth) is a game changing major addition to Halo 3, contributing heavily to the scores.

The Forge itself comes with the game disc, no third party internet downloads required. Garrys Mod =/= in the Half-Life 2 box.
OGTiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#45 OGTiago
Member since 2005 • 6546 Posts
Smash Bros. Melee.chicken008
11Marcel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 11Marcel
Oh, and by the way, we're getting off topic. Me included.
web966

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#47 web966
Member since 2005 • 11654 Posts
Melee and Halo 3.
ZanuffC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ZanuffC
[QUOTE="Redmoonxl2"][QUOTE="Spartan070"][QUOTE="Lonelynight"]

Spartan070

The Forge itself comes with the game disc, no third party internet downloads required. Garrys Mod =/= in the Half-Life 2 box.

I love how argument changed from SP only to "it doesn't come with the game".

Here's a question, would you rather have one game come with the game mode, or a dozen that are free for download and offer much more replayablility? Its not about what comes with the game, thats just an excuse console fanboys use who haven't experianced good mods themselves.

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Spartan070
[QUOTE="Spartan070"][QUOTE="Redmoonxl2"][QUOTE="Lonelynight"]

Garry's mod

Lonelynight

SP only.

You seems determind to put down HL2(not to say your a fanboy or anything) is it because its highly praised?

And I don't like HL and HL2 my self FYI

No, I just hate it when "mods" are the justification for making a game great. Half-Life 2 won all those awards without mods, without even CS. Why is it that I never hear anyone backing up HL2 based soley on the game alone, which is amazing.

Btw I love HL2, I recently did a thread where I stated it was the 4th best game of all time imo, and none of the Halo games were on that list. I'll link the thread if you want me to.

Avatar image for super_mario_128
super_mario_128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 super_mario_128
Member since 2006 • 23884 Posts
Counter-Strike Source.