What is on your wish list for the next gen of each console?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45105 Posts

Next Sony console - has to have backwards compatibility with PS4. It would be a disgrace if it didn't. Should also have substantial power for the PSVR2. I'm really interested in PSVR, but still needs more games. The PS5 should make the PSVR2 a dedicated VR machine capable of a full fledged VR experience. I still also have hope for another Sony portable. Hopefully the success of the Switch will help them change their minds. Other than that, just keep giving us great games.

Next MS console - needs system selling exclusives again. Halo, Gears, and Forza just aren't going to cut it. I am also curious to see what their augmented reality device will do.

Next Nintendo system - lol, this is way too early to say, but just something more powerful obviously. Better battery life. Keep surprising us like they always do.

What about you, SW? What are you thinking?

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#2 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Just more power and, while this is up to devs, 60fps as minimum acceptable. I would love to see PSVR2 with much better screen resolution.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#3 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

Choice, whether that be modular hardware or menu options for performance over visuals, more choice to tailor the game experience how you want is mandatory.

Also Freesync/GSync support across the board

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5249 Posts

Nintendo system where 60 frames per second is the standard. If the system is the successor of the Switch, then the handheld screen should be native 1080p while docked (TV) mode be 4K.

Will we see a Legend of Zelda or Super Mario game on 4K and will both of them benefit from higher resolutions?

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

60 fps standard, or at least an option to drop image quality in order to get a fairly solid 60 fps. (by solid, I mean 60 fps 99% of the time, with the odd dip into the mid 50's being acceptable)

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

For Nintendo, I'd really like a really good looking Zelda... More adult themed but not anything rated higher than a "Teen". Same with Mario... Nothing drastic but slightly more adultish. My favorite part of the old Mario's was the haunted house. So basically, better graphics for Nintendo exclusives would be nice.

For ps5, just a better graphics also. The power should be able to push the psvr 2. And hopefully have exclusives continue at a spread out pace, like every few months. BC with PS4 would be a plus also.

For Xbox, I have no clue... The power is there.. games I guess? Speaker on the controller would be a nice little feature. The X has the style and size nailed. Biggest thing is some really good 1st party exclusives that use the systems power. And they should have a decent VR headset.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

I want to see better VR tech, but I really don't want to buy two separate headsets for MS and Sony games, troubling. All the companies need exclusive content, even if your console isn't the strongest it can still thrive with great games (take note MS and don't ****** give up like you did with the ONE). Got the X, worlds most powerful console, but right now I mostly have mediocre, although really nice looking (GeoW4, Halo 5), games to play. Sony is in no bad spot with all the support it gets.

Nintendo should continue what it's doing now, release a Switch 2 with more power (=more support) and longer battery life and I'll get it instantly.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

Nintendo needs a better online service.

Sony needs a better controller.

Microsoft needs better exclusives.

In general, I'd like to see Microsoft and Sony differentiate their consoles more as well. Nintendo consoles are already unique from the others, but Microsoft and Sony consoles keep getting more similar to each other every new generation. I've owned nearly every major console since the NES and I don't think that there has ever been two consoles that are as similar to each other as the PS4 and Xbox One currently are and I don't like that since I like for each console to have a unique identity and not be practically twins that offer 90% of the same experience.

And #1 on my wishlist would be for Sega to make a new console again. Wishful thinking, I know, but I can dream, can't I?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c56012aaa167
deactivated-5c56012aaa167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 deactivated-5c56012aaa167
Member since 2016 • 2538 Posts

Funny that I only want more realistic hair in games and that's all I want and PS360 level of graphics won't bother me.(Since that reduces the development cost of games and allow publishers to focus more on gameplay)

And as for framerate,I hope developers don't listen to the losers online and make the framerate the way they want.(It's stupid that everyone in the internet thinks that every game needs to be 60 FPS)

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34608 Posts

60 fps, good looking games, but more focus on the actual games and gameplay rather than hardware and presentation. I'd gladly sacrifice console power for hybrid hardware, like Switch.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Nothing. I'm enjoying this gen.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

Haven't really thought about it a whole lot to be honest... but I hope MS continues with the whole backwards compatibility thing.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: As an old school gamer, I find it ridiculous how in this PS3/PS4/Xone era we have to manage storage space.

Now I can see for people who wants to go all digital then no question they have to manage space. But those who prefer physical shouldn't have to worry about space. I think it was mentioned the load times doesn't improve with digital.

The speed of downloading/installing has to improve big time with next gen. This Black Friday I bought GTA 5 and just bought 2K18 a hour or 2 ago.

I bought the digital copy of GTA and it took about 10 hours to finally play. The install time was beyond ridiculous.

I literally bought 2K18 a couple hours ago at Walmart. 1st I installed the game, then it's updating software, and now as I type this, it's copying the game. WTF?

So what I want from next gen in addition to BC, big leap in game quality is addressing storage, speeds etc.

I will update this.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

@Ant_17 said:

Nothing. I'm enjoying this gen.

You're right, this gen can continue for a while because we now have PRO and the X. No need to hurry.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

I hope they have decent hardware for once and full BC. Sell us a "Pro" version from the beginning for all those who want cheapt crap. But allow enthusiasts to get a console that's decent

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

A Portable Hybrid that aims for 1080p 60 FPS, instead of 4K pointlessness.

With up to date features, and a heavier enphasis on co-op /. near field play.

Switch 2.0 if you will. maybe next time nintendo. Switch 1.0 is fine for now.

Xbox has no purpose to me.

PS4 ... 1-2 games a year, hogs the main TV, is rarely ever used.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18  Edited By Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

PlayStation 5 Hopes:

• PS4 BC
  • 2TB HDD
  • Keep Share play
  • Keep video/screen capture/share
  • 4K HDR
  • Music on HDD for gameplay
  • Revised store search
  • More powwaa!

Xbox 4 Hopes:

• Don't care

Switch successor Hopes:

• Too early

Switch Hopes:

• More games
  • Virtual Console
PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts

@Telekill:

"Keep Share play"

Can I shareplay your games?

"Music on HDD for gameplay"

I too would like the option to store/play media files from the HDD. For now playing music while playing from a USB device is good enough.

narlymech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#20 narlymech
Member since 2009 • 2132 Posts

I'm not really concerned with it yet. I might have quit gaming by the time I would buy one.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

MS- just keep building xbox live with awesome features n keep pumping out the first party multiplayer/co-op games.

Sony-build on psn and release more first party multiplayer/co-op games.

Nintendo- do what you do, maybe beef up online services.

VanDammFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 VanDammFan
Member since 2009 • 4783 Posts

Full complete games.

Powerful consoles that will satisfy all the crybaby power hungry complainers.

4tb storage

Some new games.Maybe bring back some SSX and Twisted Metal..Ones that do Tricky and TM2 justice.

Digital downloads way less money than physical copies.

Couch COOP and offline play offered on all games.

Pick a resolution and stick with it...

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Cupholders

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

PS5 have BC and 1080 With 60 FPS and 4K 60 FPS and HDR dont care for VR

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Next Sony console - has to have backwards compatibility with PS4. It would be a disgrace if it didn't. Should also have substantial power for the PSVR2. I'm really interested in PSVR, but still needs more games. The PS5 should make the PSVR2 a dedicated VR machine capable of a full fledged VR experience. I still also have hope for another Sony portable. Hopefully the success of the Switch will help them change their minds. Other than that, just keep giving us great games.

Next MS console - needs system selling exclusives again. Halo, Gears, and Forza just aren't going to cut it. I am also curious to see what their augmented reality device will do.

Next Nintendo system - lol, this is way too early to say, but just something more powerful obviously. Better battery life. Keep surprising us like they always do.

What about you, SW? What are you thinking?

I agree; the ps5 needs to be backwards compatible. That way people who have never played games like tlou or bloodborne will get a chance and still have a reasonably powerful machine for all the other stuff too!

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#26  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

No more microtransactions is the only thing currently on my list for future consoles. Ban any game that has them.