SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45120 Posts

I hope to see a Bayonetta 3 remaster at launch haha. Same with Astral Chain. I also hope the Switch 2 is powerful enough to get good third party ports. I definitely think there will be backwards compatibility and letting people carry over their digital purchases. Hardware wise, I’m torn on screen size. I thought the Switch‘s size is pretty good. Not sure if you really need bigger. Am also hoping we get 5 hour battery life somehow.

What about you, SW? Now that the Switch 2 is likely to come out next year, what would you like to see at launch and on the system?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

Just be ready to repurchase everything that came out on the Switch in the last 3-4 years under the "remastered" ripoff.

ThatForumUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By ThatForumUser
Member since 2019 • 701 Posts

The app Game Pass xCloud 😁

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44183 Posts

Fully backwards compatible is at the top of my list. The current Switch size is pretty ok for me. Have a slightly larger screen would be nice though.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 684 Posts

Easily Replaceable thumbsticks

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#6 Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2951 Posts

More remastered GameCube games.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56110 Posts

Just BC is all I hope to see for Switch 2.

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#8  Edited By dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 15999 Posts

A new Smash Bros game. More specifically, I want them to bring back the Subspace Emissary mode. Having different modes with online co-op would be nice as well.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6048 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: As a fan of Bayo (I S ranked every level on the 360) I want the series to go multiplat. I don't care about the Switch 2 or any of Nintendo's first party games.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9548 Posts

Mario Maker 3, Mario Kart Maker, Super Mario Galaxy 3, new Donkey Kong Country, 2D Zelda game like a Link to the Past, new Punch Out, new Monkey ball, new Mario Party, many other games I could list.

Backwards compatability, a better store, party chat, trophy/achievement support (they've talked about this for years), more stable online, better framerate, back paddles on pro controller, official headset or higher quality, larger internal storage, ssd, better sub like PS or XBOX, more game demos, overall stabilization, app support, cut down on shovelware, get more 3rd party support, future proof the console, bring back dormant IPs, push to bring pc indies to store, easier wallet management, graphical settings, better video and audio options like peak brightness and HDR.

So many things they could do to make the Switch 2 so much better than the current current switch. Don't get me wrong, I do like the Switch, but I want some new games, some of the features I mentioned above, and a much stronger 3rd party support and 2nd or 3rd party exclusive deals.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22377 Posts

@Archangel3371: Yeah being fully backwards compatible would be very important for me.

In terms of games, I'd love a Mario Odyssey sequel most. But there are heaps of games I'd love to see on it.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46299 Posts

An oled screen with HDR support would be nice. I think Nintendo's timeless art style would go great together with HDR.

Full backwards compatibility and please no Wii U situation where they make us rebuy every single game for €60.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13  Edited By Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11294 Posts

1080p/120hz OLED screen, an Nvidia chipset with DLSS3 support.

We don't need Horizon Forbidden West / Cyberpunk 2077 / Plague Tale 2 graphics nor do we need path tracing or even ray tracing.

Just give us modern engines like decima / UE5 / Frostbite etc for Nintendo games running at 480p-540p upscaled to 1080p via DLSS3.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34614 Posts

What Switch didn't get.

Metroid Prime 4, a real Paper Mario, a new Mario Kart, F-Zero, among other unused IPs.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23917 Posts
  • Replaceable thumbsticks or the drifting removed.
  • Integreation with discord
  • Some old IPs like F-Zero coming back
KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3404 Posts

All I care for is backwards compatibility.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SolidGame_basic
@last_lap said:

@SolidGame_basic: As a fan of Bayo (I S ranked every level on the 360) I want the series to go multiplat. I don't care about the Switch 2 or any of Nintendo's first party games.

Well Bayo 2 and 3 I believe were funded by Nintendo so good luck with that lol. Maybe 4 will be multiplat!

ocinom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ocinom
Member since 2008 • 1385 Posts

DLSS/FSR

sonny2dap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By sonny2dap
Member since 2008 • 2066 Posts

Needs B/C without being able to pull from the existing library this will be DOA.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50561 Posts

Controller that comes with it not suck total donkey balls.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By osan0
Member since 2004 • 17820 Posts

Well it's looking like a literal switch 2 so i'll make my wishlist on that assumption. My "Everything is on the table" wishlist would be quite different on the hardware front.

Anyway console wise:

• Around as powerful as the Deck in terms of brute force. Anything beyond that is a Bonus. Assuming they are working with nvidia again, it should also have DLSS support so that will make playing on a 4K screen nicer at least.
  • Improved ergonomics with the joycons. Also flappy Paddle buttons. I'm going to beat that drum again..FLAPPY PADDLE BUTTONS NINTENDO!!! And Analogue triggers. Also Hall effect sticks as standard please (fat chance on that one mind. No way nintenod is leaving all that extra joycon moolah on the table). And a surprise.
  • Same size as the switch but with the screen:bezel ratio of the Switch OLED. Maybe having an OLED and LCD model at launch would be good too.
    • Controversial option: 3D screen. I liked the 3D on the 3DS and i think Philips have a more impressive one out now.
  • Faster ram. Think it's fast enough? It's not. FASTER!!! Seriously memory bandwidth seems to be the biggest problem with the switch. 6GB would be plenty. Id rather 6GB of faster ram than 8GB of slower ram...lets put it that way.
  • On the firmware front: bring back some of the wackyness. I liked the snapiness of the Switch OS. It's basic but also clean and fast. However i missed the more playful elements of the wii and WIIU interface. Meet somewhere in the middle. Nothing wrong with pikmin carrying your game to the SD card when downloading a game. Also allow for more customisation like the 3DS does.
  • Ideally under 350 bucks at launch.....maybe 400 if it has the 3D screen.

Games Wise:

• I don't want to see Metroid Prime 4 on the switch. Flat out it shouldn't be there. Set it front and centre for the Switch 2 Launch. Metroid Prime Remastered is impressive for what it is but the switch is also exhausted at this point.
  • New Mario 3D platformer. It's coming up to that time again. No preferences on direction. I just hope it's excellent.
  • A surprise. And another Surprise. And some collaboration with Ubisoft....which could be a nice surprise.

Edit: Oh yeah and a way to BACKUP MY DAM SAVES without needing a subscription!

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

switch 2, more power, around the power of xbox one or so. Release metroid prime 4, keep backwards compatibility, and throw in another gimmick, possibly VR.

templecow90999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 templecow90999
Member since 2021 • 911 Posts

BC and the ability for the hardware to natively run the old Switch games at a higher/steady frame rate.

For digital purchases to carry forward but also not be removed from the old Switch.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12572 Posts

I really want a console only version(no screen). It can either be more powerful or cheaper. I don't need the portability at the cost of performance and dollars. Have a dockable version like current Switch. Also if it must have a screen, make it work like the wiiU tablet did; where you could play games on the TV with the tablet in hand with a functional touchscreen for maps or inventory, or multiplayer couch games where the tablet is a separate screen for party games or for use instead of split screen.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Last_Lap

@SolidGame_basic said:
@last_lap said:

Well Bayo 2 and 3 I believe were funded by Nintendo so good luck with that lol. Maybe 4 will be multiplat!

Oh I know, I played a bit of Bayo 2 on a friends Switch, I think I was fighting while on the back of a Jet that was flying, and the screen is just too small to see all the details.

It's a crime the series is stuck on the Switch, my only hope of playing 2 & 3 fully is to have Nintendo go third party, but people keep buying their kids games, so that isn't happening anytime soon.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 lamprey263  Online
Member since 2006 • 44566 Posts

I'm on fence whether they partner with Nvidia again or not, but BC will likely depend on it. But if they do partner with Nvidia again, there's always a risk of whether the platform after the next one will lack BC.

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2032 Posts

Just great games again

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22685 Posts

I hope they take a break from developing games like smash, kart, Pokémon and do other things. Would love to see other franchises get love. I'd love to see a powerful handheld that pushes the bar in that space higher and higher.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#29  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69488 Posts

@TheEroica said:

I hope they take a break from developing games like smash, kart, Pokémon and do other things. Would love to see other franchises get love. I'd love to see a powerful handheld that pushes the bar in that space higher and higher.

Do they even know how to?

Avatar image for deactivated-65dd04f21decf
deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-65dd04f21decf
Member since 2022 • 3769 Posts

Power. Like, actual power.

And back compat.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SolidGame_basic

@last_lap said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@last_lap said:

Oh I know, I played a bit of Bayo 2 on a friends Switch, I think I was fighting while on the back of a Jet that was flying, and the screen is just too small to see all the details.

It's a crime the series is stuck on the Switch, my only hope of playing 2 & 3 fully is to have Nintendo go third party, but people keep buying their kids games, so that isn't happening anytime soon.

Action games on a flight don’t sound like a good mix lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts

An actual online service (voice chat, party system, achievements, etc)

If they don't overhaul the service, I'm skipping out on their next system. We aren't in 1998 anymore.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Last_Lap

@SolidGame_basic: Have you not played Bayo 2?

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#34  Edited By onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5251 Posts

I would rather have Nintendo have its games released on the PC instead of buying another electronic device that I will one day either sell it or send it to be recycled if I have no use for it. I just had enough of Nintendo home consoles and consoles in general. Gamers who buy home consoles (and the Switch's successor) are incentivizing the "walled garden."

Poarstman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Poarstman
Member since 2013 • 285 Posts

I wouldn't mind seeing new genre defining games too come along

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Pedro

Make it a VR only system.😎

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 my_user_name  Online
Member since 2019 • 1239 Posts

That it flops terribly and that leads to reasonably priced games.

But sheeps gonna sheep so I doubt it.

Slightly more realistic... BC + rereleasing some big name Switch 1 titles as part of Nintendo Selects for $20.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SolidGame_basic

@onesiphorus said:

I would rather have Nintendo have its games released on the PC instead of buying another electronic device that I will one day either sell it or send it to be recycled if I have no use for it. I just had enough of Nintendo home consoles and consoles in general. Gamers who buy home consoles (and the Switch's successor) are incentivizing the "walled garden."

Last time I checked, PCs get old too 😎

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Pedro
@onesiphorus said:

Emulation to the rescue.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#40 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

Backwards compatible and a larger screen are two that come to mind.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13665 Posts

I wonder if it will be as powerful as the Xbox One or PS4.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Pedro

@HalcyonScarlet said:

I wonder if it will be as powerful as the Xbox One or PS4.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.😎

freedom01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 109

#43 freedom01  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 3676 Posts

For the Switch 2? Yeah, like many have stated, it should be Backward Compatible with Switch games. This one will be just a personal preference, but I hope they make the home screen a little more appealing like maybe some music or a theme. They could do something like they did during the 3DS with themes with different BGM.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts

@last_lap: " I don't care about the Switch 2 or any of Nintendo's first party games."

N64 was the last interesting Nintendo device to me.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Last_Lap

@PSP107: Yeah, for me the N64 is Nintendo's best console.

Can't stand the majority of crap that came after it in the Wii/U, Switch. Nintendo are just gimmicky these days, that's how they sell their devices now.

Raining51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Raining51
Member since 2016 • 1162 Posts

Well, um, I want it to be

1. Not be a hybrid console, have a different machine be a successor to the 3DS and just make a new dedicated home console, one big box with one giant power button to play on the TV and that's it.

2. Wired controller, and a different controller, one with the the buttons spaced differently and wider so it doesn't feel bunched.

3. Not be called the Switch 2 as a name.

4. Be technologically very advanced.

5. Have an internal hard device to save everything that is enormous like the original xbox or save on the cartridge like the 3DS/DS or external memory cards/devices.

6. Not require online capability (like the Wii U)

7. No interface, no trophies, just the game loads up and you can start playing.

8. Basically no internet connectivity or 3rd party apps or anything. I guess nowadays you pretty much have to have the eshop so I guess that.

9. Ideally 250 dollars or less.

10. Backwards compatible with Switch games.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

Would like the switch pro controller to be backwards compatible with the switch 2. It's almost the perfect controller.