What is currently the most consumer friendly console?

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Poll What is currently the most consumer friendly console? (83 votes)

Xbox One 51%
PS4 40%
Switch 10%

and why?

• 
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

My vote goes toward the Xbox One mainly for the way they are doing backwards compatibility and for Game Pass.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

My vote goes toward the Xbox One mainly for the way they are doing backwards compatibility and for Game Pass.

Yeah, agreed.

Between BC, Game Pass, Xbox/MS rewards, cross platform play, Xbox Play Anywhere, new Xbox Live features, Elite controller (and design lab) etc, hard to go past XB1.

rafaelmsoares

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 rafaelmsoares
Member since 2018 • 657 Posts

The one that actually delivers on the reason to own a console, that is games. Só PS4

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3129 Posts

Xbox One. And I'm a diehard Sony fan. Luckily I keep a lot of my old systems or their bc(Or Sony's lack thereof) would have me pissed lol

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

@hrt_rulz01: Yeah they’ve a lot of cool and consumer friendly things this gen.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

Well according to Better Business Bureau ratings:

Nintendo = A+

Microsoft = A

Sony = A-

So I guess Nintendo

I voted for Microsoft though because of BC

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I mean, I thonk it's gotta be the Xbox one. I have no desire for one, but they've been working hard on other areas in order to combat the gremlins plaguing them and consumers win

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hrt_rulz01

@NFJSupreme said:

Nintendo = A+

Microsoft = A

Sony = A-

So I guess Nintendo

I don't know how Nintendo gets an A+? This is a console where you still can't even back-up your game saves... in 2018. Or have proper online functionality.

And consistently makes people re-buy games they've bought a million times before. Strange.

SeaofSalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SeaofSalt
Member since 2018 • 111 Posts

Xbox One, even if you don't like what it has to offer in the game department it's still doing a lot of very pro-consumer things.

• Backward compatibility
  • Gamepass
  • Play Anywhere
  • Early access
  • Game gifting
  • Automated refunds
  • Better community features including the bear essential of changing your name
  • More options for home entertainment experience, UHD Bluray, Dolby Atmos etc.
tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By tgob89
Member since 2017 • 2153 Posts

I voted Xbox one.

What now? Should I go out and buy an xbox one now?

MS was kind of forced to offer *something* to tide fans over, and since they didn't want to invest in any high quality exclusive games they provided services instead.

Basically

MS decided to provide services instead of making AAA exclusive games

They deserve a prize huh?.

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be praising that or not, but It's not an exchange I would make...I'd probably have an xbox now if Scalebound had released.

Eh they saved me some money that I can now spend on AAA Sony titles.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

Xbox gets my vote because of Play Anywhere and their decision to move their first-party stuff to PC (just need more of it)

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

@hrt_rulz01: maybe they handle returns well lol.

Well there is a reason I still voted for M$ even though I read that. You just have less hastle dealing with Microsoft

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hrt_rulz01

@NFJSupreme said:

@hrt_rulz01: maybe they handle returns well lol.

Well there is a reason I still voted for M$ even though I read that. You just have less hastle dealing with Microsoft

Definitely. Their customer service is pretty good.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#15 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69470 Posts

Objectively Xbox One. The only reason Xbox is relevant is because of its superior digital content management otherwise it would be particularly useless.

Avatar image for SexPantherPanda
SexPantherPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SexPantherPanda
Member since 2008 • 120 Posts

Xbox with the insane amount of BC titles, and game pass. the best value and with the Xbox one X you get the best multiplatform experience.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#17 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69470 Posts

@Yams1980 said:

Xbox because of BC, but their attempt to put in online drm scheme onto their console games at their original launch is a stain and warning sign of their true intentions and even though backwards compatibility is a really pro consumer thing, Microsoft is not to be trusted.

Its funny we have Sony to thank for preventing microsoft in their half assed attempt to limit their games with this type of drm to prevent resale of used games. Its too bad Sony is so greedy though in re-selling all their old games to people through their online store, since their console is just as backwards compatible as the Microsoft, but they choose to nickle and dime their customers because they know they are too stupid to know any better.

Nobody will ever fully trust Microsoft, we all know they would take advantage and walk all over us if they had no competition with Nintendo and Sony. Just look at the GPU market and how Nvidias basically a monopoly and the amount of abuse they give to gamers. First chance i get i'd jump the nvidia ship. I hate abusive monopoly scum companies like this.

Online DRM is already in full motion on all consoles. Their initial execution was identical to PC gaming in that you purchase the software and then lock the software to your account. All online purchases are currently structured that way. It was dumb of them to think that console gamers are willing to part from their hardcopies even though sales are shifting towards online purchases.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

Ps4 easily

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@seaofsalt said:

Xbox One, even if you don't like what it has to offer in the game department it's still doing a lot of very pro-consumer things.

• Backward compatibility
  • Gamepass
  • Play Anywhere
  • Early access
  • Game gifting
  • Automated refunds

those damn bears always changing their names

j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 j2zon2591
Member since 2005 • 3571 Posts

If the 1S is at least $ 50 cheaper then that. Most people I know are more into 3rd party games even kids are crazy about AAA shooters.

Asians I know would be better off with the base PS4.

I only know 1 adult that really likes Nintendo so Switch for him but it wouldn't matter. One of the richest guys I know that owns multiple condos. He's better off buying all consoles rather than waste time to think which one to get.

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 236

#21 Dark_sageX
Member since 2003 • 3561 Posts

None of them, all current gen consoles are specifically designed to cash grab from fans.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#22 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

XB1 X and PS4

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44063 Posts

Hahahah, if this place and polls had any cred at all, Xbox would be 100% and ya'll know it. :P

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

I guess Xbox? They got everything but good new games.. lol

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

I don't know, actually. They are all fairly anti-consumer with their whole pay for online BS.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By hrt_rulz01

@ni6htmare01 said:

I guess Xbox? They got everything but good new games.. lol

Imagine when MS inevitably improves their games output (which they're doing)... they'll be in a pretty damn good spot :)

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

PC. Steam is still by far the cheapest video game store on the planet.

ToonLonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ToonLonk
Member since 2017 • 440 Posts

For consumer-friendly tendencies, Xbox One. For games, PS4/Switch (can't decide). For convenience/innovation, Switch.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1853 Posts

I say the Xbox One. They are slashing prices and offering great services. Phil Spencer kind of has to do all of this since Don Mattrick really botched that launch. If I were a paranoid lem, I'd believe that Sony paid that guy. Like how can someone **** up that bad?!

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

Overall, I'd say Xbox. Due to BC and Play Anywhere, neither of which cost the consumer anything additional to my knowledge. Seems to come at the expense of giving their software focus and investment.

One neat thing I like that Sony does is support for the DS4 on the PS3, and support for the PS3 Move controllers on the PS4. Good move.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17814 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@NFJSupreme said:

Nintendo = A+

Microsoft = A

Sony = A-

So I guess Nintendo

I don't know how Nintendo gets an A+? This is a console where you still can't even back-up your game saves... in 2018. Or have proper online functionality.

And consistently makes people re-buy games they've bought a million times before. Strange.

I am surprised at that. Nintendo are a lot of things. A dam fine developer of games. Makers of some very interesting gaming devices. A bit bonkers.

But consumer friendly they most certainly are not. Of the 3 nintendo would be the least consumer friendly. the form of DRM they use is nasty. On the wii they locked accounts to systems so if you lost the system or it broke and you couldn't get it fixed then poof....bye bye games collection (have they actually fully fixed this? they have accounts now but if i went and bought a new switch would i get access to everything by just signing in to my Nintendo account?). I nearly lost my digital games collection when the system transfer from my Wii to my WiiU went a bit squirely.

In terms of consumer friendliness its pretty close between MS and Sony. Both have had some dodgy things in the past and they also are generally less hassle. I would probably give the nod to MS as they are giving people more choice on where they can play their games (whether an act of damage control or benevolence is debatable). Their messing at the start of the Gen was a black mark but i think lesson learned....for now.

The whole console space is not great on the consumer friendliness front though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#32 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Xbox, PS4............. Nintendo.

Xbox under the new management is doing great moves.

Sony is getting a bit too cocky from being market leader, and that makes me think they've learned little from the PS3 era.

Love Nintendo and own a Switch but they are far of being consumer friendly.

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

I voted for MS even though I'd have liked to vote for Nintendo. The games on switch are great but I can't overlook the lack of communication features. Especially in Splatoon seeing as some friend request come from there. The app on my phone only does silent notifications so if I'm not constantly looking at it in hopes of getting an invite invites are likely to go unnoticed. If I had a text based inbox communicating with friends would be a snap. And honestly apps like discord do a better job.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#34 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

@Yams1980 said:

Xbox because of BC, but their attempt to put in online drm scheme onto their console games at their original launch is a stain and warning sign of their true intentions and even though backwards compatibility is a really pro consumer thing, Microsoft is not to be trusted.

Its funny we have Sony to thank for preventing microsoft in their half assed attempt to limit their games with this type of drm to prevent resale of used games. Its too bad Sony is so greedy though in re-selling all their old games to people through their online store, since their console is just as backwards compatible as the Microsoft, but they choose to nickle and dime their customers because they know they are too stupid to know any better.

Nobody will ever fully trust Microsoft, we all know they would take advantage and walk all over us if they had no competition with Nintendo and Sony. Just look at the GPU market and how Nvidias basically a monopoly and the amount of abuse they give to gamers. First chance i get i'd jump the nvidia ship. I hate abusive monopoly scum companies like this.

In the job listings for next Xbox development they already mention 'future DRM solutions.'

I know that doesn't mean anything, still made me cringe and laugh. I hope they don't f it up again but if they do it'd be funny.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts
@seaofsalt said:

• Backward compatibility
  • Gamepass
  • Play Anywhere
  • Early access
  • Game gifting
  • Automated refunds

This.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Xbox easily

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

Microsoft has done the best job at quality of life stuff so xbox is definitely the most consumer friendly console. Counter to games on the other consoles. I told myself i would never buy the upgrade console or the refreshes especially Pro and the S. I went to the local store the day I got Dady of War and ended up coming back for the deal to replace my OG xbox with S. This thing has been sweet for all reasons listed above and love the controller for both consoles and pc.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#38 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

Nintendo Switch. It's portable.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points