ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By ReCloud
Member since 2018 • 4418 Posts

I understand that you're triggered but this is not SW material.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61502 Posts

No ta.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

@recloud said:

I understand that you're triggered but this is not SW material.

how is 'brand loyalty' not related to 'system wars'

please tell!

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

@tryit: This is more off-topic not SW

@recloud:Did tryit really just create a thread because of your "debate" before?

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TryIt

@npiet1 said:

no brand loyalty is the very essence of what 'system wars' is all about. it nearly the definition of system wars.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ReCloud

@npiet1: yes, he is trying to prove that he is not a steam Loyalist despite being caught in the act. Sad for him, he discovered that he, too, can be the subject of marketing, even when it is subtle.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56172 Posts

@npiet1 said:

He sure did and this is the result of it.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 npiet1

@tryit said:
@npiet1 said:

no brand loyalty is the very essence of what 'system wars' is all about. it nearly the definition of system wars.

Brand loyalty could be any brand not just Gaming like Nike or Louis Vuitton. System wars is about which system is better which happens because of brand loyalty.

@recloud said:

@npiet1: yes, he is trying to prove that he is not a steam Loyalist despite being caught in the act. Sad for him, he discovered that he, too, can be the subject of marketing, even when it is subtle.

Jesus Christ lol

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TryIt

@recloud said:

I find the question very intresting and very much at the root of System Wars, I also think the discussion was not appropriate in that other thread.

and to that point, if you two do not get back on topic of THIS thread then you can be assured I will not engage.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TryIt

@npiet1 said:
@tryit said:
@npiet1 said:

Brand loyalty could be any brand not just Gaming like Nike or Louis Vuitton. System wars is about which system is better which happens because of brand loyalty.

@recloud said:

Jesus Christ lol

but if a person tries brand X and brand Y and brand Z and decides that they dont care much for brand X and Y but likes brand Z does that mean they are brand loyal? or that they simply perfer it?

and how can we tell the difference?

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ReCloud

@tryit: so now you admit people can like Sony or Nintendo not because of marketing, but because they simply like them? You admit people like some games not because of marketing, but because they prefer them?

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 npiet1

@tryit said:
@npiet1 said:
@tryit said:
@npiet1 said:

@recloud said:

Jesus Christ lol

but if a person tries brand X and brand Y and brand Z and decides that they dont care much for brand X and Y but likes brand Z does that mean they are brand loyal? or that they simply perfer it?

So yes this is more off-topic than SW

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TryIt

@recloud said:

@tryit: so now you admit people can like Sony or Nintendo not because of marketing, but because they simply like them? You admit people like some games not because of marketing, but because they prefer them?

no. I am asking how can we tell the difference? its not bitwise.

I would never suggest that marketing doesnt work, you seem to think so but I dont agree with you on that.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ReCloud

@tryit: so you admit that you're affected by steam's "lack of marketing" (which is a marketing technique by itself) and that you're a steam Loyalist :P

Anything else, you're being contradictory.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TryIt

@npiet1 said:
@tryit said:
@npiet1 said:
@tryit said:

@recloud said:

Jesus Christ lol

So yes this is more off-topic than SW

could not possible disagree more

The question is at the very root of the existence of System Wars.

what is product loyalty? how can you tell if a person is just a fan of PS4 or is actually product loyal to PS4 and as a result blind and biased?

it is the essence of SW

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TryIt

@recloud said:

@tryit: so you admit that you're affected by steam's "lack of marketing" (which is a marketing technique by itself) and that you're a steam Loyalist :P

Anything else, you're being contradictory.

I dont understand the question and I dont see how it relates to this thread.

you are very often getting off topic. you need to make a thread where you just talk about me. OR...show some discipline in your posting.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56172 Posts

(For the sake of this thread, I'll take this seriously)

"Brand Loyality" has been around since at least SNES/ Sega Genesis era, the big difference is that the internet blew up. I think the "hardcore" fanboy/trolls that could be a problem. The one's that, let say, that goes to other consoles board just because the don't like it or insecure with how well their console(s) of choice is doing are the bigger problem and also one of the reason this ho ma never get taken seriously

Me personally, I go where the good games are. I usually get Sony consoles because they have the exclusive games I want to play on, but I'll buy competing consoles if they also have good games such as Nintendo consoles. This gen, PS4 was cheaper, I have no interest at all in Kinect or voice commands, and the games on my radar are either PS4 exclusive or multiplat. I have no love for Sony as a company, I do however favor PS4 because it's my main current-gen console in the house, I own a Switch for the exclusives but overall, my gaming PC takes care of everything. On the other hand, I have no warm fuzzies toward MS either. I just wanted a good, affordable gaming console that would play the games I was interested in. This time, the PS4 just happened to be it this gen.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ReCloud

@tryit: or you should stop doing to people what you clearly don't like people do to you. :)

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TryIt

@davillain- said:

(For the sake of this thread, I'll take this seriously)

"Brand Loyality" has been around since at least SNES/ Sega Genesis era, the big difference is that the internet blew up. I think the "hardcore" fanboy/trolls that could be a problem. The one's that, let say, that goes to other consoles board just because the don't like it or insecure with how well their console(s) of choice is doing are the bigger problem and also one of the reason this ho ma never get taken seriously

Me personally, I go where the good games are. I usually get Sony consoles because they have the exclusive games I want to play on, but I'll buy competing consoles if they also have good games such as Nintendo consoles. This gen, PS4 was cheaper, I have no interest at all in Kinect or voice commands, and the games on my radar are either PS4 exclusive or multiplat. I have no love for Sony as a company, I do however favor PS4 because it's my main current-gen console in the house, I own a Switch for the exclusives but overall, my gaming PC takes care of everything. On the other hand, I have no warm fuzzies toward MS either. I just wanted a good, affordable gaming console that would play the games I was interested in. This time, the PS4 just happened to be it this gen.

thank you!

yes the idea of the topic came from another thread but I think its an interesting conversation to have and I personally think its VERY MUCH related to System Wars.

I think one way you can tell if a person might be Product Loyal is if they never even try other products. That is a start, its not exclusive but its one of the tells.

another major give away is when they themselves actually use the term 'loyal' when describing the brands they like. Its not uncommon for people to flat out say 'I am loyal to..'

another hint is if a game (for example) isnt even out yet and videos on the game show zero game play and yet people say its the best game ever. major hint right there

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 npiet1

@tryit: Its really not if you're asking about brand loyalty, when that applies to every brand not just the gaming ones. "but if a person tries brand X and brand Y and brand Z and decides that they dont care much for brand X and Y but likes brand Z does that mean they are brand loyal? or that they simply perfer it?" this applies to some many brands.

@recloud:Try it reminds me of the nerdy kid in school who thinks he's better and smarter than everyone else. Who thinks that if anyone even in the slightest has difference in opinion is wrong.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TryIt

@npiet1 said:

@tryit: Its really not if you're asking about brand loyalty, when that applies to every brand not just the gaming ones. "but if a person tries brand X and brand Y and brand Z and decides that they dont care much for brand X and Y but likes brand Z does that mean they are brand loyal? or that they simply perfer it?" this applies to some many brands.

@recloud:Try it reminds me of the nerdy kid in school who thinks he's better and smarter than everyone else. Who thinks that if anyone even in the slightest has difference in opinion is wrong.

There is such a thing as Brand Loyality, there is also such a thing as preference to a product because other options are not interesting.

its not easy to tell the difference

and I suggest both of you stop with the silly personal stuff and just focus on the topic

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ReCloud
@npiet1 said:

He is exactly this kind of person, and worse, he can't stand when people do to him what he does to everyone else.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TryIt

@recloud said:
@npiet1 said:

He is exactly this kind of person, and worse, he can't stand when people do to him what he does to everyone else.

Ad Homein is evidence of weakness.

better to just stick to the topic and stop talking about a persons attributes. if you want to talk about me personally send me an email

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#25 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58363 Posts

I like water.

There are many ways to get water. Some are great, some or adequate, and some are bad. I can get it from a faucet, that's usually the best way. I can get it from a hose in my backyard. I can stand out in the rain, tilt my head back, and open my mouth. I can, idunno, filter my urine or melt snow or clarify pond water.

But let's be smart here; the best way for me and pretty much everyone is to just get it from the faucet. Does that make me "loyal" to the faucet? I don't know...I don't think so. Is it the only way I get water to drink? No, of course not.

But it just makes sense to get 95% of my water intake from the faucet.

I guess what I'm saying is this: don't mistake one's preference for being practical as some sort of allegiance.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TryIt

@mrbojangles25 said:

I like water.

There are many ways to get water. Some are great, some or adequate, and some are bad. I can get it from a faucet, that's usually the best way. I can get it from a hose in my backyard. I can stand out in the rain, tilt my head back, and open my mouth. I can, idunno, filter my urine or melt snow or clarify pond water.

But let's be smart here; the best way for me and pretty much everyone is to just get it from the faucet. Does that make me "loyal" to the faucet? I don't know...I don't think so. Is it the only way I get water to drink? No, of course not.

But it just makes sense to get 95% of my water intake from the faucet.

I guess what I'm saying is this: don't mistake one's preference for being practical as some sort of allegiance.

exactly what I am getting at

Brand Loyalty is real, absolutely no question.

but being able to identify it is not easy and takes a lot of honesty and work actually.

I think its also fair to say marketers do try and build product loyality.

I have heard it said that the reason children are targeted so much in advertising is because (to use an example) once you settle on a soda brand you are likely to stay loyal to it for a lifetime.

However, does that make me loyal because I like Dr. Pepper more than Coke and as a child actually had a reaction to all sodas so I didnt drink them?

its hard to tell

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15578 Posts
@tryit said:

Brand Loyality

It's the latest form of Fatality in Mortal Kombat. Appropriately similar to the Babality.

Utensilman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 Utensilman
Member since 2006 • 1571 Posts

brand loyalty is that I’ll buy anything that fromsoftware’s Miyazaki puts out

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TryIt

@Utensilman said:

brand loyalty is that I’ll buy anything that fromsoftware’s Miyazaki puts out

right...if you are committed to buying a game before even seeing game play all because its from a developer you like.

then yeah..brand loyality

PinchySkree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#30 PinchySkree
Member since 2012 • 1342 Posts

When someone forgoes all common sense and truth to be indoctrinated by a corporation and obey them without question to the point of churning out demented apologetics in niche forums with the delusional expectation it will make society as a whole think their sub $500 purchase was justified and eliminate of the fear of the sunk cost

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52438 Posts

Most people on this board. Definitely not me, though. It's actually extraordinary how unbiased I am.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

Look at Nintendo fanboys as the perfect example. They live in delusion and believe every Nintendo made game is a 11/10 simply because the Nintendo logo is on it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33  Edited By deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Recloud and hrt_rulz

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

You know that feeling you have towards Valve and Steam.

It's that.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

@stuff238: Nah I like Nintendo stuff because their products fit my lifestyle moreso than a PC or console. If Sony or Microsoft brought out a new handheld/hybrid console I'd be more than happy to give it a try. Also I don't think every Nintendo game is perfect, just like any company they have their fair share of average games. But overall I find them to be a lot of fun, and that's the most important thing really.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 TryIt

@boycie said:

You know that feeling you have towards Valve and Steam.

It's that.

and that is why I bring it up.

So when valve announces a product do I say its awesome before looking into details?

never

but to fanbois of consoles get excited about an exclusive before knowing much about it?

often

so yeah its hard to tell the difference but there is a difference.

Steam filters are horrid by the way

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ReCloud

@tryit: I actually don't know if that's true.

I mean, look at the amount of people that jumped out of the Xbox wagon and went to PS4/PC after the one's revelation.

If anything, brand loyalty exists until the company screw the consumer over (except when you're Apple).

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TryIt

@recloud said:

@tryit: I actually don't know if that's true.

I mean, look at the amount of people that jumped out of the Xbox wagon and went to PS4/PC after the one's revelation.

If anything, brand loyalty exists until the company screw the consumer over (except when you're Apple).

there is some level of truth to that.

I was MS fanboi myself before that point, I cut them a lot of slack.

Was I brand loyal? maybe. but I never got excited about a game coming out simply because it came from MS as an exclusive before knowing great amount of details about it. so not sure.

anyway..I think (for example) We Happy Few story is a prime example of Brand Loyality.

people completely loosing their minds with excitement to get a chance to play this game!

that has been playable for more than 2 years already

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

I googled it. Wikipedia has it covered.

Zappat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Zappat
Member since 2018 • 1592 Posts

I think the term speaks for itself. You're loyal to a brand no matter if the brand is shit or there are better alternatives. I think the best example of brand loyalty this gen are many Xbox fanboys who, after MS screwed big time, kept supporting and defending the brand. The ones that moved to greener fields were probably not loyal in the first place but they just preferred it for other reasons.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 TryIt

@zappat said:

I think the term speaks for itself. You're loyal to a brand no matter if the brand is shit or there are better alternatives. I think the best example of brand loyalty this gen are many Xbox fanboys who, after MS screwed big time, kept supporting and defending the brand. The ones that moved to greener fields were probably not loyal in the first place but they just preferred it for other reasons.

yeah i think that is true.

Its not always easy to tell externally if someone is brand loyal but one perfect example that touches on your point would be.

"i havent played the game yet but I have faith that developer X will create an amazing title!'

I am a Valve fanboi for sure, but I would never say something like that about Valve. I always evaluate.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#42 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20113 Posts

What's the point of this thread?

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ReCloud
@tryit said:
@zappat said:

Its not always easy to tell externally if someone is brand loyal but one perfect example that touches on your point would be.

"i havent played the game yet but I have faith that developer X will create an amazing title!'

I am a Valve fanboi for sure, but I would never say something like that about Valve. I always evaluate.

Since when having faith on a developer is the same as brand loyalty? You

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 TryIt

@recloud said:
@tryit said:
@zappat said:

Since when having faith on a developer is the same as brand loyalty? You

I dont understand the use of the last word in your comment

regardless, I think it is a good subscription of brand loyalty dont you?

if not what is a good attribute one can point to? or do you think it doesn't exist?

and please answer polite and honest or not at all. thank you

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#45 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69618 Posts

Brand loyalty is clearly being demonstrated in this thread. LMAO.

TC have to battle the Alt accounts that attack in pairs. LOL.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ReCloud

@tryit: no, I don't.

If a developer has a history of making good games, or games that you like, you can have faith that it'll develop a good game, that's not brand loyalty.

Brand loyalty, to me, is sticking to a developer or a brand no matter what.

For example, I was a sucker for final fantasy until XV came out, I didn't buy any of the expansions because the game sucked and it doesn't deserve my money. I'm not loyal to final fantasy, but those that despite all of this still give their money to square enix are loyal to final fantasy.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By TryIt

@recloud said:

@tryit: no, I don't.

If a developer has a history of making good games, or games that you like, you can have faith that it'll develop a good game, that's not brand loyalty.

Brand loyalty, to me, is sticking to a developer or a brand no matter what.

For example, I was a sucker for final fantasy until XV came out, I didn't buy any of the expansions because the game sucked and it doesn't deserve my money. I'm not loyal to final fantasy, but those that despite all of this still give their money to square enix are loyal to final fantasy.

I dont think those people exist if I am understanding you.

if I understand you are saying brand loyalty would require the following

1. you know the game sucks and you dont like it

2. but you buy it anyway because of loyalty

I dont think those people exist, thus ergo the term would not exist

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ReCloud

@tryit: they actually do.

I am in a group called Final Fantasy peasants on Facebook.

They all agree that XV sucks, despite that, they support the game because they want Square Enix tô do better on their future installments and they don't play anything not square Enix, they live their lives playing square enix titles.

Believe me, people can do dumb things.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 TryIt

@recloud said:

@tryit: they actually do.

I am in a group called Final Fantasy peasants on Facebook.

They all agree that XV sucks, despite that, they support the game because they want Square Enix tô do better on their future installments.

Believe me, people can do dumb things.

wow!

ok fair enough.

I consider it to extend to excitement over unreleased products made by devs one 'trusts' but that is my personal opinion.

and no..I absolutely do not do that with Valve. its always a wait and see

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ReCloud

@tryit: but what is the difference between brand loyalty and being a fan in your POV? Because what you see as brand loyalty, I see as being a fan.