What if master cheif died at the end of halo 3? What would you think?

• 50 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

papermario6528

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 papermario6528
Member since 2006 • 550 Posts
I would be like oh man that really stinks or something
Avatar image for FF-resevil-halo
FF-resevil-halo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 FF-resevil-halo
Member since 2006 • 1380 Posts
well to me its the best way to end a series, if tey wannna make him the king of charecters it be sweet if he needed to blow up his suit or some poop like that, iono its just classy if he sacfricices himself
FF-resevil-halo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 FF-resevil-halo
id hate it if they made a 4 and 5 or something and started milking the series, they have made enough money, it would be a good way to end master cheifs story in the halo universe
GoreyFeldman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GoreyFeldman
Member since 2007 • 259 Posts
I would check his body for loose change.
destef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 destef
Member since 2004 • 435 Posts
I would be more concerned if Master Chief died.
Ponmop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ponmop
Member since 2007 • 489 Posts
I would be shocked because then they'd have to come up with a new main character for Haloes 4-12. Yeah that's right. If you don't think they're gonna milk this thing for every cent they can, you're nuts.
web966

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 web966
Member since 2005 • 11654 Posts
I really wouldnt care. I play Halo for the MP, not the story.
FF-resevil-halo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FF-resevil-halo
they should pull a search for spock and look for him over 2 games he can disapear at the end of 3!! MASTER CHIEF MISSING= MASTER PLAN!
James_Lipton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 James_Lipton
Member since 2007 • 156 Posts
I would've been like why didn't he died sooner.
Calo34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Calo34
Member since 2003 • 149 Posts
What would happen if you learned how to spell?
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36047 Posts
i would lmao so hard at the lemmings and say "Yeah real way to finish the fight on that one" also i would be amazed because that might make it too hard to come up with the inevitable Halo 4
SpaceMatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SpaceMatt
Member since 2003 • 3588 Posts
I fully expect MC to die by the end of Halo 3
HeHateMe_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 HeHateMe_basic
Member since 2002 • 7161 Posts

Chief Jr. is coming

imrlybord7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 imrlybord7
Member since 2005 • 5009 Posts
I would be like, "Helmet roll off, helmet roll off, helmet roll off..."
Avatar image for desktopdefender
desktopdefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 desktopdefender
Member since 2007 • 1415 Posts

personally if the cheif died.......i would probably have amoment silence and be a little sad

But if Cortana Died......well shes just an AI i guessbut......well i would probs be really sad......

DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#16 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15752 Posts
It would be the perfect ending to the perfect story. MC would be considered a huge hero in the gaming world.
ganon546

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ganon546
Member since 2007 • 2942 Posts
I would probably pause for a couple of seconds and then be like "O well, back to multiplayer" lol.
nowakawon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 nowakawon
Member since 2006 • 436 Posts
Just to make it clear Halo is a TRILOGY. Meaning it will only consist of THREE games. This IS the last Halo. While that doesn't rule out other games in the Halo universe.
HeHateMe_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 HeHateMe_basic
Member since 2002 • 7161 Posts
Chief Jr. Will have to save the world and revenge his fathers death. thats the only proper way to end this.
PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PBSnipes
Member since 2007 • 14621 Posts
I'd actually welcome it, for whatever reason stories where the main character dies in the end tend toturn out really well.
Avatar image for NavigatorsGhost
NavigatorsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 NavigatorsGhost
Member since 2006 • 6483 Posts
If he doesn't die at the end of Halo 3, its complete bullcrap and a total cop out. If Bungie wants this game to be considered epic, the hero must die.
Avatar image for starwarsgeek112
starwarsgeek112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 starwarsgeek112
Member since 2005 • 3472 Posts
I'd just wonder why they made it such a generic ending, and then probably go play multiplayer.
Art_424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Art_424
Member since 2004 • 1745 Posts

Chief Jr. Will have to save the world and revenge his fathers death. thats the only proper way to end this.HeHateMe_basic

and if MasterChief Jr. dies, his kids will have to avenge his death too...wow, what a powerful story behind this!:lol:

PotatoSan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 PotatoSan
Member since 2005 • 3491 Posts
I would be like oh man that really stinks or something papermario6528
lmao
PotatoSan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 PotatoSan
Member since 2005 • 3491 Posts
If he doesn't die at the end of Halo 3, its complete bullcrap and a total cop out. If Bungie wants this game to be considered epic, the hero must die. NavigatorsGhost
Who gives a crap. I'll be sad if Halo3's the last Halo multiplayer experience. Actually, I'd be happy if Bungie decided to work on a new shooter. Perhaps an online-only one, with the same awesome concepts they put in Halo2/3's XBL portion that make it so fun.
Phazon_goomba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Phazon_goomba
Member since 2007 • 460 Posts

I wouldn't really care.

MC is as generic as they get.

TrailorParkBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TrailorParkBoy
Member since 2006 • 2922 Posts
meh, screw Master chief. I haven't really liked him after finding out about him murdering those ODST's. what a noob.
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts

That would be awesome.. I love to see a series get effed in the end, the hero does not win, briliant.. Eventhou, I really dont care much for the single player portion.

-CMG-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 -CMG-
Member since 2002 • 4804 Posts

You peeps ever see the movie Seven - Where Brad Pitt at the end Caps that dude??? Movies were not suppose to end with the good cop doing that kind of thing and when it happened I was stunned.

I would be stunned if Master Chief died. But oh well.....All good things must come to an end.

Besides - Why does a future Halo have to feature a Spartan at all. What About Halo 4 The story of how the covenant were nearly destroyed by the flood until they were able to fight them back and lock the last remaining vestiges of their race aboard the Halo Ring world?

That is if we have to even go there cause I think much more interesting would be a Prequel trilogy about the PreRunners. I don't know who they were but there must have been some pretty bad a$$ mofo's around that they felt compelled to build those rings?

You can do a whole trilogy of them fighting off the flood or some other race and the culmination of it is with the Hero and his Superior looking out a bay window of a ship after the end of a huge fight and off in the distance a half built Halo blowing (ala death star) blowing up the home world of the prerunners enemies. The whole trilogy can be about you having to go to three separate world to collect thre artificacts necessary to build and power Halo.

Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 Microsoft1234
Member since 2006 • 7683 Posts
i just hope he's black
osirisomeomi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 osirisomeomi
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts
Couldn't care less. that character is completely generic. I don't understand why people care so much about the guy, he's two dimensional and stereotypical. At this point, I can only assume it's the marketing.
Koolsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Koolsen
Member since 2004 • 8054 Posts
I would wonder why he choose green for his armour color.
N0d0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#33 N0d0
Member since 2006 • 258 Posts
I think him sacrificing himself to defeat the Covenant would be the best ending.
Avatar image for NavigatorsGhost
NavigatorsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 NavigatorsGhost
Member since 2006 • 6483 Posts

[QUOTE="NavigatorsGhost"]If he doesn't die at the end of Halo 3, its complete bullcrap and a total cop out. If Bungie wants this game to be considered epic, the hero must die. PotatoSan
Who gives a crap. I'll be sad if Halo3's the last Halo multiplayer experience. Actually, I'd be happy if Bungie decided to work on a new shooter. Perhaps an online-only one, with the same awesome concepts they put in Halo2/3's XBL portion that make it so fun.

What do you mean, who gives a crap? Um, maybe people that are following the story. You know, the story that is supposed to be amazing and memorable? Halo 3 fails if MC lives.

Grive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Grive
Member since 2006 • 2971 Posts

Depends, of course, on how well the story leads up to it. It could make for the greatest ending ever or the worst ending ever.

I'd guess I would feel a little sad in any case. I've been following his adventures since 2001, after all.

fanboyiamnot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 fanboyiamnot
Member since 2006 • 649 Posts
the best ending would be he saved the world but half the population died tho in the war, and at the end of the game masterchief is nowhere to be found he stays on halo or somewhere in space until earth needs him again.how would he know?????***** its masterchief he knows all and kicks alls ass.
glitchgeeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#37 glitchgeeman
Member since 2005 • 5638 Posts
I dunno, they probably won't though. If he has to "die" in anyway in the end, Bungie will probably cop-out and just make him "missing in action" so that they can milk the series just a bit more. I'd like if he did die though, then the Halo series would end with a good name, untarnished by potential crappy spin-offs and side stories.
Ice_Forge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Ice_Forge
Member since 2006 • 723 Posts

I would wonder why he choose green for his armour color. Koolsen

Probably because he's in the Army.

big_boi_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 big_boi_gamer
Member since 2007 • 167 Posts

game character died okay shure that sucks but hes just polygons..... *life goes on goes outside and plays football*

the only game to ever evoke emotions in me was tales of symphonia on gamecube that games story rocked and the characters cant wait for the next one :)

gingerdivid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40 gingerdivid
Member since 2006 • 7206 Posts
He isn't really that good of a character, so I wouldn't care.
-D3MO-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#41 -D3MO-
Member since 2007 • 2622 Posts
depends...what kind of loot would he drop?
pinkyfull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#42 pinkyfull
Member since 2006 • 206 Posts
well comparing hes supposed to be like a super sldier i dont think he will however i think other characters might like the arbiter and cortana and with out cortana you can't really continue the series.
pinkyfull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 pinkyfull

[QUOTE="NavigatorsGhost"]If he doesn't die at the end of Halo 3, its complete bullcrap and a total cop out. If Bungie wants this game to be considered epic, the hero must die. PotatoSan

im starting to wonder whether people know at all about halo wars adn if your not into rts then they've always got the untitled halo prject to perk u up.

azshorty2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#44 azshorty2003
Member since 2004 • 4651 Posts
i hope so. its the only way to guarantee its the final game in the series. kojima said the mgs 3 was the last one hed ever do, look at him now. 3 psp versions later and upcoming mgs 4. when yhou say its gonna end, make sure its gonna end. true theyll still have halo wars. but thats a different kind of game not staring master chief. if he dies there wont be anymore "real" halos
coolviper2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 coolviper2003
Member since 2003 • 1915 Posts

Just to make it clear Halo is a TRILOGY. Meaning it will only consist of THREE games. This IS the last Halo. While that doesn't rule out other games in the Halo universe.nowakawon

Yeah, I expect a prequel. Maybe a game going through the story on how the humans and covenant went to war in the first place (I think this is going to be explained in an upcoming novel). Also, I can see a game that maybe has you playing through one of the scenarios from one of the novels thus far. Maybe commanding a team of Spartans.

The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#46 The_Ish
Member since 2006 • 13913 Posts

I would be sad. :(

pinkyfull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 pinkyfull

[QUOTE="nowakawon"]Just to make it clear Halo is a TRILOGY. Meaning it will only consist of THREE games. This IS the last Halo. While that doesn't rule out other games in the Halo universe.coolviper2003

Yeah, I expect a prequel. Maybe a game going through the story on how the humans and covenant went to war in the first place (I think this is going to be explained in an upcoming novel). Also, I can see a game that maybe has you playing through one of the scenarios from one of the novels thus far. Maybe commanding a team of Spartans.

um there alreay is a novel explaining that its called the fall of reach someone doesnt know how to asses a text because it (and the other novels and the games) explain what the covenant want what they do and why humans fight against them rather than joining them

Jenova_Flare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Jenova_Flare
Member since 2007 • 1364 Posts

Not only does the chief have to die, but the player has to carry out the action in order for him to be truely heroic. If it just happens in a cut scene then it's still a great ending, but actually making the player complete the action will add an element of heroism to them as well.

If they don't kill the chief off, I agree, cop out. Cortana I'm not so sure about. Sure she ought to be led down the road to redemption, but I don't think she necessarily has to 'die'.

Avatar image for ---OkeyDokey---
---OkeyDokey---

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ---OkeyDokey---
Member since 2007 • 3318 Posts
I wouldn't be as shocked as I would have if I didn't come into this thread. i'd be like "NO WAY!!!" and then i'd be over it in the timeframe of three seconds. i didn't think anyone cared about halo's story anyway, i sure don't. what would really be shocking is if master chief turned out to be a woman or asian or some crap...