What if Killzone matches the trailer?!?... THen what will 360ers say?!

• 103 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BigBoss5777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BigBoss5777
Member since 2006 • 569 Posts
So lets say WHEN Killzone is shown next month at GDC and it does exceed the trailer. What will 360 fanboys then say,fanboys have been hating on sony and cows because of this game and they keep saying the first one flopped.But lets say it does blow people away, will lemmings still make excuses and look for something wrong with this game?! Or will they just admit that the game looks good and we can all just get along.:D
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts
It won't.
-Spock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 -Spock-
Member since 2006 • 7072 Posts
If it does manage to excede the trailer (I doubt it though), I will still be skeptical. I am excited but still reserved.
navneet21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 navneet21
Member since 2003 • 1625 Posts
So lets say WHEN Killzone is shown next month at GDC and it does exceed the trailer. What will 360 fanboys then say,fanboys have been hating on sony and cows because of this game and they keep saying the first one flopped.But lets say it does blow people away, will lemmings still make excuses and look for something wrong with this game?! Or will they just admit that the game looks good and we can all just get along.:DBigBoss5777
The fanboys will just say nah it is not even close to the CGI trailer...and I think this is the 4th million post of killzone today.
verbalfilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 verbalfilth
Member since 2006 • 5043 Posts
Personally, I highly doubt it, but if it does then it's just another good game for me to pick up.
Avatar image for Danthegamingman
Danthegamingman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#6 Danthegamingman
Member since 2003 • 19978 Posts
and what if I won the lotto..........seriously who gives a **** until its shown. Three things will occur. 1. Looks nowhere near the trailer and its laughed at hard 2. It looks mediocre but not close enough to the trailer and everyone is kinda like meh or 3. It is near identical to the trailer and everyone is excited.
cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 cakeorrdeath
Member since 2006 • 19079 Posts
It won't look that good.

We have seen the PS3s current graphical abilities. It isn't going to make that kind of leap within 4 month.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
It's a good thing I bought a PS3.
sdifjds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 sdifjds
Member since 2003 • 1088 Posts
It should be pretty darn close. If FFXIII is any indication of what the PS3 can do, KillZone should be reallly close.
dannyc9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dannyc9
Member since 2005 • 1374 Posts
i just watched the trailer again, and i don't find as impressive as i once did. i really  don't care about killzone.
ByFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ByFly
Member since 2006 • 1917 Posts
Is killzone graphics really that good??? I saw pictures and trailers and I really think gears of war destroys it in graphics department..(I played gears)
-Spock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 -Spock-
It won't look that good.

We have seen the PS3s current graphical abilities. It isn't going to make that kind of leap within 4 month.
cakeorrdeath
Yet Final Fantasy XIII looks the way it does. It really depends on what kind of development strategy they are using - lay the plans and build on it slowly a la Halo 3, or completely finish it chunk at a time a la FFXIII.
Binski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Binski
Member since 2002 • 1955 Posts
It wont look as good as the trailer, but Im sure it will look descent.  What are they pumping over 21 million into developing this game.  That much money it better look great, we will see hopefully they will show gameplay and not another CGI pre-rendered trailer.
Fr3357YL3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Fr3357YL3
Member since 2006 • 646 Posts
I don't care now and I won't care then.
deadmeat59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#15 deadmeat59
Member since 2003 • 8981 Posts
the games will be what was showen at e3! it even looks better then gears !
coltonnaslund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 coltonnaslund
Member since 2005 • 3793 Posts
I would say: "Congratulations Sony, you have one good game on your system that still has free.......not so good at all online"
cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 cakeorrdeath
[QUOTE="cakeorrdeath"]It won't look that good.

-Spock-
Yet Final Fantasy XIII looks the way it does. It really depends on what kind of development strategy they are using - lay the plans and build on it slowly a la Halo 3, or completely finish it chunk at a time a la FFXIII.

I'll believe the final fantasy footage when I see someone playing it with a controller.

Even that doesn't compare to the Killzone E3 footage nor will it have to cope with things like destructable enviroments and masses of enemies on screen.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
The graphics isn't what will blow me away. I want the AI to be as smart as it is in those trailers. They act like humans. If this happens....then the PS3 has proved it's worth to me.
navneet21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 navneet21
Member since 2003 • 1625 Posts
It wont look as good as the trailer, but Im sure it will look descent. What are they pumping over 21 million into developing this game. That much money it better look great, we will see hopefully they will show gameplay and not another CGI pre-rendered trailer.Binski
I think this time they will show gameplay for sure...
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts
I will love it, I plan on getting it either way. Then again, contrary to popular belief, I'm not a lemming.....
sdifjds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 sdifjds
Is killzone graphics really that good??? I saw pictures and trailers and I really think gears of war destroys it in graphics department..(I played gears) ByFly
Gears is old news, it really is. The days of lemmings saying "THE PS3 COULD NEVER DO THIS GAME IN A MILLIOON YEARS!" are over, because they realize that games are coming up that easily exceed Gears in the technical department. Now the lemmings are saying the PS3 could never do Mass Effect.
rawbwilsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 rawbwilsh
Member since 2003 • 1149 Posts
What if killzone DOESNT match the trailer? What will you say? I will say Hello Nokia Ngage.
Lanfeix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Lanfeix
Member since 2006 • 459 Posts

"teh game play is rubish"

they are fan boys, what ever happens they will stay to Xbox 360 until their is enought good games to pull them off.

Cubs360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Cubs360
Member since 2006 • 3771 Posts
Crysis doesn't even look better then that trailer, The graphics, to the animation, it can't be done this gen!
Paul_Phoenicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Paul_Phoenicks
Member since 2002 • 1015 Posts
I really don't care. Bottom line is that the first game had awful mechanics. I mean, a sniper rifle would kill a Helgast in one shot if you shot them in the toe! To sell me, the game would really have to fix what's under the hood. It would be polishing a turd to me.
dannyc9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 dannyc9
Member since 2005 • 1374 Posts

[QUOTE="ByFly"]Is killzone graphics really that good??? I saw pictures and trailers and I really think gears of war destroys it in graphics department..(I played gears) sdifjds
Gears is old news, it really is. The days of lemmings saying "THE PS3 COULD NEVER DO THIS GAME IN A MILLIOON YEARS!" are over, because they realize that games are coming up that easily exceed Gears in the technical department. Now the lemmings are saying the PS3 could never do Mass Effect.

that doesn't change the fact the graphics in gears gamplay look better than kz cgi.

sdifjds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 sdifjds
What if killzone DOESNT match the trailer? What will you say? I will say Hello Nokia Ngage.rawbwilsh
Even if it did match the trailer, there would be people saying that it didn't. So of course even if it is the best game we've seen visually so far, Lemmings will bash it because big brother did something that little bro didn't.
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Puckhog04

[QUOTE="rawbwilsh"]What if killzone DOESNT match the trailer? What will you say? I will say Hello Nokia Ngage.sdifjds
Even if it did match the trailer, there would be people saying that it didn't. So of course even if it is the best game we've seen visually so far, Lemmings will bash it because big brother did something that little bro didn't.

Talk about being defensive...

Avatar image for ColoradoKindBud
ColoradoKindBud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ColoradoKindBud
Member since 2005 • 23882 Posts

I don't believe anyone is actually expecting the final game to match up to the CGI trailer.  I feel sorry for anyone who thinks that it will. 

That being said, I just want the game to be as good as the first, but run well.  That's all I care about.  It doesn't have to be the best shooter ever, it doesn't have to beat Halo3, it just has to have the great control scheme, art style & story from the first game, but run smooth as butter on the PS3 hardware with good AI & nice graphics.  That's all it will take for me to be pleased.  I don't think that's too much to expect from the game.

And who cares what 360 fanboys think anyway?  They will always find a reason to dog on the PS3 no matter what.

sdifjds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 sdifjds

[QUOTE="sdifjds"][QUOTE="ByFly"]Is killzone graphics really that good??? I saw pictures and trailers and I really think gears of war destroys it in graphics department..(I played gears) dannyc9

that doesn't change the fact the graphics in gears gamplay look better than kz cgi.

thats not true. If it were true, there wouldn't be so many people doubting it's ability to match the trailer.
shsonline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 shsonline
Member since 2005 • 2937 Posts
If Ifs and Buts were squirrels and nuts SW would be a forrest.
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Puckhog04

I don't believe anyone is actually expecting the final game to match up to the CGI trailer.  I feel sorry for anyone who thinks that it will. 

That being said, I just want the game to be as good as the first, but run well.  That's all I care about.  It doesn't have to be the best shooter ever, it doesn't have to beat Halo3, it just has to have the great control scheme, art style & story from the first game, but run smooth as butter on the PS3 hardware with good AI & nice graphics.  That's all it will take for me to be pleased.  I don't think that's too much to expect from the game.

And who cares what 360 fanboys think anyway?  They will always find a reason to dog on the PS3 no matter what.

ColoradoKindBud

And PS3 fanboys always have a reason to "dog" on the 360...Live with it.

There's nothing wrong with doubting that the actual game will meet the trailers goal. Anyone with half a brain would be questioning it. Considering most fanboys thought it was gameplay when it was released then were disproven by the developers stating it was CG.

redneckdouglas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 redneckdouglas
Member since 2005 • 2977 Posts

I would scream CGI first!

useLOGIC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 useLOGIC
Member since 2006 • 2802 Posts

If Ifs and Buts were squirrels and nuts SW would be a forrest.shsonline

lol.

Gamer556

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Gamer556
Member since 2006 • 3846 Posts
It's not even a possibility. Real-time footage will never look as good as CGI.
ColoradoKindBud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ColoradoKindBud
[QUOTE="ColoradoKindBud"]

Puckhog04

There's nothing wrong with doubting that the actual game will meet the trailers goal. Anyone with half a brain would be questioning it. Considering most fanboys thought it was gameplay when it was released then were disproven by the developers stating it was CG.

Don't know why you're telling me to "live with it", I have all 3 systems so I get all the love in the world.  Fanboys are just pathetic no matter how you slice it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts

So lets say WHEN Killzone is shown next month at GDC and it does exceed the trailer. What will 360 fanboys then say,fanboys have been hating on sony and cows because of this game and they keep saying the first one flopped.But lets say it does blow people away, will lemmings still make excuses and look for something wrong with this game?! Or will they just admit that the game looks good and we can all just get along.:DBigBoss5777

Of course the lemmings will make excuses.  There will be three seperate reactions.  There will be the lemmings who say, "LOL SONY LIED. KILLZONE FLOPS" and flat out deny the graphics are good, let alone matching the videos.  There will be lemmings who say, "So what, it certainly isn't anything the 360 couldn't do. Just look at GoW".  Finally there will be the lemmings who say, "they may have met the target renders but it doesn't blow me away."

And we all know how lemmings love to use the subjective "blow me away" excuse.

Personally, I have no idea what will happen when Sony shows this. It may live up to the render or it may not.  Either way, EVERYONE is anticipating it right now whether they love Sony or hate them.

-Spock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 -Spock-
[QUOTE="-Spock-"][QUOTE="cakeorrdeath"]It won't look that good.

cakeorrdeath

I'll believe the final fantasy footage when I see someone playing it with a controller.

Even that doesn't compare to the Killzone E3 footage nor will it have to cope with things like destructable enviroments and masses of enemies on screen.

So you'll believe that MGS4 is postponed until 2008 due to its absence on a Konami release sheet, yet you won't believe 100% real-time footage as confirmed by Square-Enix themselves? Right...
sdifjds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 sdifjds
I can tell you one thing.. This is a "strategic" release of Killzone 2. They haven't shown it in all this time and there's a reason for that, besides the time they took to really polish up the graphics. They wanted to make sure that when they decided to show this game, it would be the best we've seen yet. And really, with the really crappy Halo 3 footage we've been getting lately, it should be easy for Killzone to steal some thunder.
pooonu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 pooonu
Member since 2003 • 323 Posts
It would literally have to push hundred's of millions of polygons with perfect textures while running beyond Crysis level physics and almost perfect lighting/shadowing to match the detail of the trailer... I mean they had the characters modeled down to the wrinkles on their faces ..... Its not going to happen.. its impossible. Everything was perfectly smooth and detailed. Even with all other elements taken off the screen (textures,lighting,physics,AI) the PS3 could not push that many polys per frame. I have a theory on why a demo will be accompanying the reveal almost immediately. If they are releasing a demo that obviously means they feel the gameplay is up to snuff to show off. So either the demo is there to prove that the graphics are oh so amazing, or more likely, the graphics fall short of the trailer and they want to immediately take some of the heat off this fact by accompanying the reveal with gameplay to buffer the inevitable disappointment. I expect the graphics to look very similar to gears of war, probably a little bit better, and I hope that to make up for that the gameplay really shines. Cause even though I don't plan to own a ps3 anytime soon, I'm a fan of good games no matter what platform they're on, and I see alot of potential in the Killzone IP.
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#41 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts
Look, if that would happen 360ers will say "it's not about the graphics".
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Puckhog04
[QUOTE="Puckhog04"][QUOTE="ColoradoKindBud"]

ColoradoKindBud

Don't know why you're telling me to "live with it", I have all 3 systems so I get all the love in the world.  Fanboys are just pathetic no matter how you slice it.

Simply in response to what you said. People act as if it's a trait that is only there with one group. See, you didn't say fanboys though, you singled out a certain group. Heh. Fanboys do suck, especially when they bash for absolutely no reason, which is essentially all they do.

cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 cakeorrdeath
[QUOTE="-Spock-"] So you'll believe that MGS4 is postponed until 2008 due to its absence on a Konami release sheet, yet you won't believe 100% real-time footage as confirmed by Square-Enix themselves? Right...

After E305 I don't believe any footage is real that someone hasn't played.

I also look at things in context. No other PS3 game looks anything like as good as the FFXIII footage. You don't find that strange?
LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#44 LosDaddie
Member since 2006 • 10318 Posts

[QUOTE="-Spock-"][QUOTE="cakeorrdeath"]It won't look that good.

cakeorrdeath

Agreed on FF13.

No footage of anyone playing the game. Just a video.

ColoradoKindBud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ColoradoKindBud
[QUOTE="ColoradoKindBud"][QUOTE="Puckhog04"][QUOTE="ColoradoKindBud"]

Puckhog04

Simply in response to what you said. People act as if it's a trait that is only there with one group. See, you didn't say fanboys though, you singled out a certain group. Heh. Fanboys do suck, especially when they bash for absolutely no reason, which is essentially all they do.

Because the thread title says "What will 360ers say".  That's why i said that.  I was staying on topic, not trying to single out 360 fanboys alone.

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Puckhog04
[QUOTE="Puckhog04"][QUOTE="ColoradoKindBud"][QUOTE="Puckhog04"][QUOTE="ColoradoKindBud"]

ColoradoKindBud

Because the thread title says "What will 360ers say".  That's why i said that.  I was staying on topic, not trying to single out 360 fanboys alone.

Fair enough. People just do it alot, i try to point it out when it happens. My mistake.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#47 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
    Call me skeptical, but that trailer looks nothing like actual gameplay would. Not from a graphical standpoint, but just the things that were happening.
    It looked alot like a hype-trailer, and on par with other ones, such as GRAW.
-Spock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 -Spock-
[QUOTE="cakeorrdeath"][QUOTE="-Spock-"] So you'll believe that MGS4 is postponed until 2008 due to its absence on a Konami release sheet, yet you won't believe 100% real-time footage as confirmed by Square-Enix themselves? Right...

After E305 I don't believe any footage is real that someone hasn't played.

I also look at things in context. No other PS3 game looks anything like as good as the FFXIII footage. You don't find that strange?

I don't find it strange because indeed there are other games that look as good as FFXIII graphics wise eg. Resident Evil 5, BIG, Metal Gear Solid 4 and arguably Formula One: Chamionship Edition for its insane photo realism. Plus you seem to be disragarding the fact that Final Fantasy is always a graphical showcase. FFIX on PlayStation proved this, as did FFX on the PS2. I guess it's just your loss that you can't trust this industry anymore, because if you did you would be very, very excited by PS3.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
Go here and see what I mean...
LINK
    It is pretty footage, and the game looks great, but it didn't make it to the trailer, much like how I see this K2 thing going down.
acekall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 acekall
Member since 2003 • 3676 Posts
ingame cannot exceed CGI of the same timeframe. Ingame graphix of 2007 will never be better then CGI form 2007. Thats why the game will nt exceed the trailer