What do you want in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim??

• 157 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamebreakerz__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 gamebreakerz__
Member since 2010 • 5120 Posts

With The Elder Scrolls V on the horizon I started thinking about what I would like to see this time round from my favorite RPG series of all time. Morrowind was one of the best games I ever played and really got me into the RPG genre, while Oblivion was also a fantastic game that kept me occupied for over 100 hours. It's fair to say though and widely believed that Morrowind was a better game, at least for it's time, than Oblivion. So, what do I want to see in TES:V??

1. I would like to see the level based monster difficulty system removed. Basically this meant that in Oblivion, the stronger the player the stronger the monsters in the world. This is stupid because it devalues the point of leveling up, plus it makes almost all dungeons just as easy to explore at LVL 1 as at higher levels which is crazy because some dungeons should have better loot and therefore be harder to enter. Morrowind did this well and I believe Skyrim should use the same system.

2. Stop with the invincible characters. To me it just makes the game seem so fake when someone can be bludgeoned on the head and simply get back up soon after. Okay, they are characters which simply can't die or else the story is ruined, but use Morrowind's system of having to reload a save because it just makes the game feel more like a true RPG. Or, even better, use character deaths as a way to completely change the storyline and take different paths etc. as a game like Heavy Rain does. Multiple endings and paths would be a great idea for such a large scale game.

3. The player should have to figure stuff out himself. In Oblivion the player is helped too much with directions, being told what to do in journal etc. where as in Morrowind one had to find things and travel long distances with nothing more than 'south of here'. This is good because it requires navigation skills and makes it feel like you are alone out there which is a good feeling for a single player RPG.

4. Parties. So for example through the quest or through buying or side quests I can obtain other party members in order to help me on my quests. They should be able to be taken everywhere, be strong but also killable. You should be able to customize their kit and they should be able to level up as you do, as well as even perhaps take character roles in certain quests be it on the main storyline or side quests.

5. Make the character make more decisions, for example within side quests/guilds one has to chose sides, decide who to trust etc. Dragon Age did this well and I think it's a very good feature for a WRPG.

6. Killer graphics. We have a new engine which hopefully means we will see some amazing landscapes and character models. Having great graphics both technically and artistically can really bring a world to life and this is what Bethesda should do.

So among other things those are what I want to see in TES:V. What do you want??

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

I want a Bethesda game that doesn't have **** animations. I also want some good mod support so modders can fix the crap Bethesda will no doubt **** up.

dunl12496

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 dunl12496
Member since 2009 • 5710 Posts

I don't know, top notch graphics, and also zombies. :D

Fried_Shrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Fried_Shrimp
Member since 2009 • 2902 Posts

Valleys

Giant open cave mouths

No loading for indoor areas

Climbing skill to be back

No random chests

Monster scaling gone

edidili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 edidili
Member since 2004 • 3449 Posts

Absolutely agree with your first point. In Oblivion it was just stupid for enemies to level with you. It defeated the whole purpose of level progression.

And Bethesda just play demons soul and learn a few things from that game.

crazyduckv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 crazyduckv2
Member since 2009 • 209 Posts

1. I would like to see the level based monster difficulty system removed. Basically this meant that in Oblivion, the stronger the player the stronger the monsters in the world. This is stupid because it devalues the point of leveling up, plus it makes almost all dungeons just as easy to explore at LVL 1 as at higher levels which is crazy because some dungeons should have better loot and therefore be harder to enter. Morrowind did this well and I believe Skyrim should use the same system.

2. Stop with the invincible characters. To me it just makes the game seem so fake when someone can be bludgeoned on the head and simply get back up soon after. Okay, they are characters which simply can't die or else the story is ruined, but use Morrowind's system of having to reload a save because it just makes the game feel more like a true RPG. Or, even better, use character deaths as a way to completely change the storyline and take different paths etc. as a game like Heavy Rain does. Multiple endings and paths would be a great idea for such a large scale game.

3. The player should have to figure stuff out himself. In Oblivion the player is helped too much with directions, being told what to do in journal etc. where as in Morrowind one had to find things and travel long distances with nothing more than 'south of here'. This is good because it requires navigation skills and makes it feel like you are alone out there which is a good feeling for a single player RPG.

4. Parties. So for example through the quest or through buying or side quests I can obtain other party members in order to help me on my quests. They should be able to be taken everywhere, be strong but also killable. You should be able to customize their kit and they should be able to level up as you do, as well as even perhaps take character roles in certain quests be it on the main storyline or side quests.

5. Make the character make more decisions, for example within side quests/guilds one has to chose sides, decide who to trust etc. Dragon Age did this well and I think it's a very good feature for a WRPG.

6. Killer graphics. We have a new engine which hopefully means we will see some amazing landscapes and character models. Having great graphics both technically and artistically can really bring a world to life and this is what Bethesda should do.

gamebreakerz__

I agree with your points

And better voice acting :P

XBOXSTRONG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 XBOXSTRONG
Member since 2010 • 75 Posts
I want exclusive DLC for the 360
Fried_Shrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Fried_Shrimp
I want exclusive DLC for the 360XBOXSTRONG
Get the PC version.
crazyduckv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 crazyduckv2

Oh! And bigger monsters :D

Luxen90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Luxen90
Member since 2006 • 7427 Posts

I want exclusive DLC for the 360XBOXSTRONG
I want that exclusive dlc to be horse armor.

Nah, but seriously I would love for the game to be fun. Oblivion is one of the most boring games I've played this gen. Oh and a decent 3rd person camera would be awesome.

NoobisMaxcimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 NoobisMaxcimus
Member since 2007 • 2893 Posts
Better loot system, animations. Oh and more than 3 voice actors.
topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

[QUOTE="gamebreakerz__"]

crazyduckv2

I agree with your points

And better voice acting :P

I can't believe they hired patrick stewart and then only had him do voiceovers for the first 5 minutes of the game.

Fried_Shrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Fried_Shrimp
[QUOTE="XBOXSTRONG"]I want exclusive DLC for the 360Luxen90

Or better yet black dye when every other colour dye is in the game.
gamebreakerz__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 gamebreakerz__
[QUOTE="XBOXSTRONG"]I want exclusive DLC for the 360Fried_Shrimp
Get the PC version.

Pretty much this. A series like Elder Scrolls really can't be fully experienced unless it is on the PC.
RyuRanVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 RyuRanVII
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts

Challenge - Interaction - Sense of Progress - Rewarding Exploration - Replayability.

Fried_Shrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Fried_Shrimp
Horse Combat like in Daggerfall.
Avatar image for tehsystemwarior
tehsystemwarior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tehsystemwarior
Member since 2009 • 1812 Posts
No dungeons(not gonna happen) Companion system Fun Combat Co-Op
Fried_Shrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Fried_Shrimp
underwater caves better stealth
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
I want Bethesda to take notes from Obsidian from how they did New Vegas. It would be nice to have a world that actually is hand crafted and interesting rather than "lulz autotree go"
AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 AnnoyedDragon
Member since 2006 • 9948 Posts

Anything I'd want has already been announced as not being in the game...

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

[QUOTE="Luxen90"][QUOTE="XBOXSTRONG"]I want exclusive DLC for the 360Fried_Shrimp

Or better yet black dye when every other colour dye is in the game.

tbh i would pay for black :( mainly cause i have 2 black bass's,all my consoles are black and most of my wardrobe is black :( as you can see i have a bit of an obsession with black...contrasted with a nice bright colour :P looks at my black dahlia murder t.

gamebreakerz__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 gamebreakerz__

AnnoyedDragon
Such as...
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#23 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

Valleys

Giant open cave mouths

No random chests

Monster scaling gone

Fried_Shrimp

I agree with all of this, still im pretty sure that there will be valleys looking at the latest version of the map.

I would also add that walking during night should ba alot more dangerous to make us have a reason to look for places to sleep other than just to level up. Some creatures like Vampires and Werewolvs should appear during night or at least should be alot stronger.

Fried_Shrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Fried_Shrimp

AnnoyedDragon
What has been announced as not in the game?
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 PAL360

There should be unique artifacts and good pieces of equipment should be very VERY rare.

crazyduckv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 crazyduckv2

[QUOTE="Fried_Shrimp"]

Valleys

Giant open cave mouths

No random chests

Monster scaling gone

PAL360

I agree with all of this, still im pretty sure that there will be valleys looking at the latest version of the map.

I would also add that walking during night should ba alot more dangerous to make us have a reason to look for places to sleep other than just to level up. Some creatures like Vampires and Werewolvs should appear during night or at least should be alot stronger.

I agree with ur vampire and werewolves idea. Ill be scared to travel at night :o

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts
I want a super uber duper hardcore mode, where you have 90% chance of failing. -The Party System would be amazing, like a Demons Soul's style, with maybe voice chat? But I Don't Really Care..One can just use a VOIP like Skype, Teamchat, or oovoo. - Community Tools for Modding is a given... - The Graphics? I for some reason still believe they are using the Gamebyro engine just heavily modified. The graphics isn't a problem tho, new higher-res higher detail textures will be created by the community including myself. More VOICE ACTORS!!
Alter_Echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Alter_Echo
Member since 2003 • 10724 Posts

1. Better animations

2. Better animations

3. Better animations

4. Combat that does not feel like im driving a sailboat attached to a tank moving through quicksand.

5. Better animations

6. No mob scaling

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 topgunmv

4. Combat that does not feel like im driving a sailboat attached to a tank moving through quicksand.

Alter_Echo

Can you elaborate on that? I liked the combat in oblivion.

Avatar image for tehsystemwarior
tehsystemwarior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 tehsystemwarior
Member since 2009 • 1812 Posts
Oh, and better cities.
alfredooo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 alfredooo
Member since 2007 • 2664 Posts

Hopefully they make enchanting, soul trapping and spell creation back to the way they were in Morrowind. Everything felt so limited in Oblivion it got old extremely quickly.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 PAL360

Oh, and better cities.tehsystemwarior

According to GI´s article they will be 'massive'.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

gamebreakerz__

i really like these ideas especially the 3rd one. Morrowind required abit of navigation with the map to figure out where to go for a certain quest. I enjoyed moments when i had to take out the map that came with the game and just figure out just where should i go next. What i think should be Skyrim is an hardcore mode similar to New Vegas. This mode would be mainly for the people that enjoyed the past elder scrolls games in the series and be givin handicaps to make the game more immerse like getting rid of fast travel and make it so you had to pay to use whatever fast transportation they have it the world.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#34 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34726 Posts

Well, since Skyrim seems like a pretty boring place when looking at the map (snow and mountains), I hope for some interesting environments. Morrowind had awesome environments.. I also hope they get some decent animators. The animations in Oblivion were.. horrible, to say the least.

Also, more voice acters and a cooler battle system. I want to be able to chop off someone's head or arm. Or sneak up behind someone and strike a dagger in his neck. While doing all that, blood should flow.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23974 Posts

First and foremost I want a good game, but here are some things I want in the game to make it better.

1. No Level or Loot scaling (though it has already been confirmed that there will be FO3-like level scaling).
  2. An interesting world.
  3. More varied environments, not just one big forest with mountains in the northern area.
  4. A world that moves forward with or without you, with you the player being able to manipulate the flow of the world.
  5. Some randomly generated loot, some fixed loot, use a mix of both.
  6. Less tanky combat, hitting an enemy 50 times just to kill it is not fun.
  7. Look at any of the following games for combat: Demons' Souls, Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, Mount and Blade, take one of these and improve the combat from that game.
  8. In addition, look at Two Worlds 2 for a good magic system.
  9. Use Fallout: New Vegas reputation system, also use Fallout 1 and 2's extra reputation system. By that I mean allow us to have special reputations like Childkiller, Slaver, Gravedigger, Prizefighter.
  10. Mounted Combat.
  11. More interesting loot, let us find cursed items, and magic items with interesting bonuses, not just +2 strength and the like.
  12. Attributes that determine what your character can do/equip/learn/use.
  13. Let me as a player determine what to do and where to go, dont have a arrow show me the way, also, give us multiple solutions and maybe even a few solutions that are not obvious to the player.
  14. No Statistics screen, I hate those.
  15. Varied enemies, fighting a minotaur shouldnt be the same as fighting a rat.
AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 AnnoyedDragon

Such as...gamebreakerz__

What has been announced as not in the game?Fried_Shrimp

Check the thread.

Note **** = c.l.a.s.s. Glitchspot is at it again.

You see, my favourite player ****in RPGs is as a mage. I tried playing one in Morrowind, but the unarmoured skill was broken in the game code; and they were very poorly balanced. There was literally no reason to play a mage, people who essentially played a "everything" ****always ended up better off. The warrior thief that also used magic...

So in Oblivion I thought great, they will learn from their mistakes and sort out the balancing. Sure enough playing a mage became more possible, but they messed up in a variety of areas; and yet again the "everything" ****ended up being superior. Even the armour restrictions they imposed to make clothing appear more useful were eventually grinded down to nothing more than 5%, with armour weighing less than clothing; and having more enchantment slots. That was their excuse for removing the unarmoured skill, unarmoured would be armours disadvantages, yet most of these were nullified.

Also not forgetting that robed mages were banned from the arena, despite one being on the poster...

So I was very pessimistic about TES 5, Bethesda failed me twice. Sure enough it gets announced; and I see the above thread.

All ****s have been removed, there is only the Dragon Born (dragon hunter) ****and surprise surprise, it's the "everything" ****. Without a armour ****and defensive spells draining your mana too much to be effective (outside of mana potion binging), the only way to stay alive as a mage was to avoid being hit. Now we hear they are going to clamp down on back peddling and other "cheap" tactics to force the player into close quaters. We also hear about the game being more action orientated, with finishing moves and other such things.

In other words, any chance of playing a ****c mage is dead, I'm not wanted here. If I want to use magic, I should be prepared to stick some armour on; and throw the odd fireball between weapon strikes.

Not that anyone here will care, because practically everyone plays the "everything" **** and don't give a damn about actually role playing in a role playing game. TES to them is a armoured knight swinging a sword with one arm and throwing a fireball with the other. Who also happens to be the head of every single guild, regardless of whether they have leveled any relevant skills for those guilds.

So essentially, TES isn't meant for people like me. People who think a player who becomes Arch Mage should be, you know, actually good at using magic. Not Ugg the barbarian that has never cast a spell in his life, but found all those spell scrolls provided by NPCs right when they were needed in Mage Guild quests to be very helpful...

thom_maytees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 thom_maytees
Member since 2010 • 3668 Posts

AnnoyedDragon

It is not a glitch. It is a way to prevent Javascript exploits.

Alter_Echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Alter_Echo
Member since 2003 • 10724 Posts

[QUOTE="Alter_Echo"]

topgunmv

Oblivion's controls were too loose and unresponsive ( sailboat ) you had to do stuff like fight a crab for 30 minutes because it scaled ( tank ) both of which made the game feel slow overall ( quicksand ). Hope that helps.
topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 topgunmv

[QUOTE="gamebreakerz__"]Such as...AnnoyedDragon

What has been announced as not in the game?Fried_Shrimp

Bethesda failed me twice.

TES isn't meant for people like me.

I think the answer to your first point is your last point. Like you said, these games have been like this for the better part of a decade now.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 topgunmv

[QUOTE="topgunmv"]

[QUOTE="Alter_Echo"]

Alter_Echo

Oblivion's controls were too loose and unresponsive ( sailboat ) you had to do stuff like fight a crab for 30 minutes because it scaled ( tank ) both of which made the game feel slow overall ( quicksand ). Hope that helps.

It felt fine to me, although it might just be a case of me not knowing any better.

I haven't played any other games with oblivion's type of combat since thief 2, and it's been so long since I fired it up that I don't remember what that was like.

AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 AnnoyedDragon

I think the answer to your first point is your last point. Like you said, these games have been like this for the better part of a decade now.

topgunmv

More so every time.

Every new TES appears to be less RPG orientated and more action orientated, with RPG elements being cut each and every game.

I thought counting axes as blunt weapons in Oblivion was cutting it close to the bone, now they say they are removing more. TES may have been for people like me once, just a few balancing issues and bug fixes needed, but not any more.

TES's modern target audience cares more about the next game having better animations than RPG elements.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23974 Posts

You see, my favourite player ****in RPGs is as a mage. I tried playing one in Morrowind, but the unarmoured skill was broken in the game code; and they were very poorly balanced. There was literally no reason to play a mage, people who essentially played a "everything" ****always ended up better off. The warrior thief that also used magic...

So in Oblivion I thought great, they will learn from their mistakes and sort out the balancing. Sure enough playing a mage became more possible, but they messed up in a variety of areas; and yet again the "everything" ****ended up being superior. Even the armour restrictions they imposed to make clothing appear more useful were eventually grinded down to nothing more than 5%, with armour weighing less than clothing; and having more enchantment slots. That was their excuse for removing the unarmoured skill, unarmoured would be armours disadvantages, yet most of these were nullified.

Also not forgetting that robed mages were banned from the arena, despite one being on the poster...

So I was very pessimistic about TES 5, Bethesda failed me twice. Sure enough it gets announced; and I see the above thread.

All ****s have been removed, there is only the Dragon Born (dragon hunter) ****and surprise surprise, it's the "everything" ****. Without a armour ****and defensive spells draining your mana too much to be effective (outside of mana potion binging), the only way to stay alive as a mage was to avoid being hit. Now we near they are going to clamp down on back peddling and other "cheap" tactics to force the player into close quaters. We also hear about the game being more action orientated, with finishing moves and other such things.

In other words, any chance of playing a ****c mage is dead, I'm not wanted here. If I want to use magic, I should be prepared to stick some armour on; and throw the odd fireball between weapon strikes.

Not that anyone here will care, because practically everyone plays the "everything" **** and don't give a damn about actually role playing in a role playing game. TES to them is a armoured knight swinging a sword with one arm and throwing a fireball with the other. Who also happens to be the head of every single guild, regardless of whether they have leveled any relevant skills for those guilds.

So essentially, TES isn't meant for people like me. People who think a player who becomes Arch Mage should be, you know, actually good at using magic. Not Ugg the barbarian that has never cast a spell in his life, but found all those spell scrolls provided by NPCs right when they were needed in Mage Guild quests to be very helpful...

AnnoyedDragon

I am pretty annoyed by this as well. Ultimately, the game encourages and rewards you to be a jack of all trades. Of course a class system is not needed to restrict you to being a dedicated caster, in fact a skill system and attribute system work equally well (good luck casting spells with 2 intelligence/magic/wisdom/charisma or whatever you use). They are too busy catering to the jack of all trades.Going jack of all trades should be an option, but it should come with a penalty in that you are Jack of all trades, master of none.

Magic needed a buff from morrowind, instead they made mages even less like mages than they were before.

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

I agree with all except 3, a game like Oblivion without a journal would be atrocious, having to memorize every current quest, who gave it to you, where to go, etc. it'd be a nightmare. I think Skyrim with a combat system like Demon's Souls would be pretty interesting (however make it easier, I generally don't like open-ended RPGs being extremely hard and dying constantly).

Avatar image for Infinite_Access
Infinite_Access

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#44 Infinite_Access
Member since 2007 • 2483 Posts

[QUOTE="topgunmv"]

AnnoyedDragon

More so every time.

Every new TES appears to be less RPG orientated and more action orientated, with RPG elements being cut each and every game.

I thought counting axes as blunt weapons in Oblivion was cutting it close to the bone, now they say they are removing more. TES may have been for people like me once, just a few balancing issues and bug fixes needed, but not any more.

TES's modern target audience cares more about the next game having better animations than RPG elements.

All hail the "veterans" and their knowledge and wisdom... sheesh.

I don't want level scaling but I dont necessarily want to be confined to one area until I can move on when I have a whole world to explore. (btw level scaling stopped when you hit about 25 or so then you just became really OP after that)

I wanted crafting skills (which they are putting in :) )

I want guards that aren't omnipresent.

I want more voice actors.

I want smoother combat.

I want no fast traveling unless its paid.

I want to be able to sneak through bushes and stuff... I hate when an NPC can see me through thick grass and bushes even though I'm a good 50 feet away.

PLEASE do away with whatever aiming system you have had for shooting in the fallouts... aiming down the sights was horrible and the bow and arrow in oblivion was awful.

bring back throwing knives.

Don't fall into this "good vs evil" choice thing people seem to love so freakin much. Tell your own story.

LET ME TAME A DRAGON!!!

Skampp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Skampp
Member since 2011 • 127 Posts

Awesome sound track like morrowind oooh how i loved the ominous music that made me stop in my tracks and look around only to see a cliff racer....

Gamerz1569

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Gamerz1569
Member since 2008 • 2087 Posts

Alot of things, alot of which have already been mentioned. So the most important would be mod support so the community can fix the game.

AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 AnnoyedDragon

All hail the "veterans" and their knowledge and wisdom... sheesh.

Infinite_Access

Simple observation of what Bethesda is doing to the series, tells you what they think their target audience wants.

Which, judging changes between TES 3 and 5, is cutting RPG elements; and making it more of a action game. The most important thing for them next game is how melee combat feels, they have done away with attempting to balance the different play styles completely. Everyone gets to play the same class now, which is the everything in one class, and I seriously doubt after two games; that they have got robed magic users balanced right this time.

This bothers me a lot, but I hated Oblivion; and this most likely targets the Oblivion audience.

alfredooo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 alfredooo
Member since 2007 • 2664 Posts

[QUOTE="AnnoyedDragon"]

All ****s have been removed, there is only the Dragon Born (dragon hunter) ****and surprise surprise, it's the "everything" ****. Without a armour ****and defensive spells draining your mana too much to be effective (outside of mana potion binging), the only way to stay alive as a mage was to avoid being hit. Now we near they are going to clamp down on back peddling and other "cheap" tactics to force the player into close quaters. We also hear about the game being more action orientated, with finishing moves and other such things.

Maroxad

I am pretty annoyed by this as well. Ultimately, the game encourages and rewards you to be a jack of all trades. Of course a class system is not needed to restrict you to being a dedicated caster, in fact a skill system and attribute system work equally well (good luck casting spells with 2 intelligence/magic/wisdom/charisma or whatever you use). They are too busy catering to the jack of all trades.Going jack of all trades should be an option, but it should come with a penalty in that you are Jack of all trades, master of none.

Magic needed a buff from morrowind, instead they made mages even less like mages than they were before.

While I do see what you are saying, I don't think they encourage you to be a jack of all trades as much as they just simply want you to mater a good number of skills. If you concentrate on just learning just one you will get destroyed, take you favorite skills and learn them to create a type of combat that works for your character. My 1st character in Morrowind learned blunt weapons, conjuration and heavy armor while my 2nd went for long blade, destruction and medium armor.

RyuRanVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#49 RyuRanVII
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts

The lack of a c.l.a.s.s. system was the worse idea ever. I was expecting some streamlining, but not this much. I hope Bethesda changes their mind until Skyrim's release.

Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Jynxzor
Member since 2003 • 9313 Posts
I'd like them to get away from the First person perspective, but...that wont happen.