What are your most favourite shooters currently?

• 62 results
Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@luxuryheart: Warzone is bigger than Fortnite now and it's better. Fortnite is just garbage.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#52 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34668 Posts

@luxuryheart said:
@davillain- said:

@hardwenzen: It does has its appeal like I mention but even as an adult, it can be fun with the right characters that they like playing with. The thicc Chun-Li for example ^-^

It's sad how people just hate Fortnite because people like it. Each time you ask them why they have so much distain for Fortnite, it's literally excuses and you realize that they hate it because people love it. These people even campaigned for a Fortnite clone, Apex Legends, because they wanted it to destroy Fortnite. Yet Fortnite continues to have success. It must make them miserable so all they can do is shame people for liking Fortnite. I just find it sad.

Fortnite clone? Apex is first person, and you don't build shit. You just mean that it's also BR? There was BR before Fortnite, you know.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53 LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1874 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

@luxuryheart: Warzone is bigger than Fortnite now and it's better. Fortnite is just garbage.

That's funny, I looked up player count and Fortnite has 350 million downloads while Call of Duty Warzone has 80 million. https://activeplayer.io/fornite/ If you look up Call of Duty Warzone, it has 154k concurrent users while Fortnite has 1.1m concurrent users. I think it's safe to say that Fortnite is the bigger game. :)

@Litchie said:
@luxuryheart said:
@davillain- said:

@hardwenzen: It does has its appeal like I mention but even as an adult, it can be fun with the right characters that they like playing with. The thicc Chun-Li for example ^-^

It's sad how people just hate Fortnite because people like it. Each time you ask them why they have so much distain for Fortnite, it's literally excuses and you realize that they hate it because people love it. These people even campaigned for a Fortnite clone, Apex Legends, because they wanted it to destroy Fortnite. Yet Fortnite continues to have success. It must make them miserable so all they can do is shame people for liking Fortnite. I just find it sad.

Fortnite clone? Apex is first person, and you don't build shit. You just mean that it's also BR? There was BR before Fortnite, you know.

My point is that Apex Legends took inspiration from Fortnite because it was the biggest game at the time as far as the Western Market was concerned. A lot of developers started making battle royale games to cash in on the success. Apex was one of the ones who stuck around. Not that I hate Apex like people seem to hate Fortnite, Apex is just not the game for me. I just find if funny how everyone hated Fortnite for being a battle royale game, then campaigned for another battle royale game to destroy it. It seems y'all just hate Fortnite and let that cloud your judgment. lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-631373f44e9fd
deactivated-631373f44e9fd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 deactivated-631373f44e9fd
Member since 2004 • 549 Posts

If prey is an "immersive sim"

then fortnite is a home depot simulator

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#55  Edited By madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18254 Posts

Doom 2016 if it counts ... i play it every once in a while.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#56  Edited By mrbojangles25  Online
Member since 2005 • 58392 Posts

@luxuryheart said:
@davillain- said:

Can't I dislike a game because it is a shallow attempt to cash-in on the "Battle Royale" trend--especially when it started out as a co-op base-building game that actually sounded fun, but has since all but been abandoned--that capitalizes on the toxic practice of microtransactions while making minimal attempts to actually improve upon itself, even in the face of declining income and player base?

Sometimes that bar of chocolate you think you enjoy isn't chocolate; sometimes it's a bar of shit that looks like chocolate. Some of us, for some crazy reason, feel compelled to tell you to stop eating shit, even if it looks like a delicious bar of chocolate.

And don't feel like a victim; I've liked shit before. I Remember when I was 10 years old I used to like the Spin Doctors. See? I make mistakes too, no one is perfect. And now I have "Said if you want to call me baby, just go ahead now. And if you like to tell me maybe, just go ahead now" stuck in my head.

But hey, you do you. God forbid I enter game-fascist territory and start telling you to toe the line, comrade :D

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 LuxuryHeart

@mrbojangles25: Plenty of games are cashing in on trends. How is Fortnite the bad guy for doing so?

The micro-transactions in Fortnite are fair. You can get a free battle pass after a couple of seasons, and each battle pass gives you enough to buy the next one and then some. The battle passes cost 950 v-bucks and you get 1,500 v-bucks when you complete it. That's 550 extra v-bucks if you want to buy the next battle pass. After 3 battle passes, you have 1,650 v-bucks as a profit, which is enough to buy an Epic skin. Take in mind, this is after you've only spent $8.

Fortnite is literally just a fun battle royale game bro. It's not that deep. Y'all are the ones treating it like it killed your family or something. lol. Also, Fortnite continues to grow. The decline in income is likely due to their battle with Apple (which I don't agree with, they just need to pay Apple their cut and stop making a big deal about it), and their permanent decrease in v-bucks prices. Before, 1,000 v-bucks would cost $10, now 1,000 v-bucks costs $8, which I think is a good thing. Also, Travis Scott increased the new concurrent playerbase, and that wasn't too long ago, which means the game was still growing. The issue now is their beef with Apple.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#58  Edited By mrbojangles25  Online
Member since 2005 • 58392 Posts

@luxuryheart: Honestly I just don't like Epic very much. Fortnite is a cash-grab, and outside of the Unreal Engine, I don't think they've really contributed much to gaming in the past few years. They've made Fortnite and developed some pretty terrible business practices (exclusivity) in order to gain an advantage on competitors while not actually offering anything of value to consumers.

Everyone goes into business to make money, I get that, but that doesn't mean you need to abandon your values, screw over people, offer people literally nothing, and so on. Epic just seems like a bad company, and the Better Business Bureau agrees with me given the amount of complaints they've received and the rating they gave them of just over 1 star out of 5.

Anyway these debates are fun, and I don't really think you're eating a chocolate-bar-shaped turd. It's just fun to pretend to take gaming serious.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 LuxuryHeart

@mrbojangles25: I find how they're managing their store to be stupid. They need to spend less time on making skins in Fortnite, and more time on actually creating value for their store via: exclusives that they make themselves and adding basic quality of life and unique features to the store. My issue with the criticism around Epic and Fortnite is that people really hate one aspect about them, and then scapegoat their other ventures. Like a lot of people are hating Fortnite and calling it trash, when they really just hate how Epic is managing their storefront. Or they'll hate how Fortnite is simply THE popular game, and look for excuses to call it trash to be an edgelord.

How they're managing their store is stupid, even I can admit that. Though I do sort of laugh at how mad they make PC gamers when they snatch an exclusive for their storefront. Though how they're managing Fortnite is great. A bunch of events, a bunch of great skins, keeping the game fresh by rotating game modes, and their micro-transactions are actually fair. I like how they made it cosmetic only and give you an option to enjoy their skins by spending $0 to $8.

silkylove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#60 silkylove
Member since 2002 • 8579 Posts

Halo MCC, Gears 5 Hivebusters, Doom 2016, Bioshock Infinite, Wolfenstein New Order are my current favs.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#61 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Currently I'd have to say Apex Legends, Outriders (I hate and love this game), CoD MW 2019, Borderlands 3 and Doom Eternal

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#62 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Duke 3D Alien Armageddon.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points