• 77 results
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Were you happy with 2022 in gaming? (64 votes)

Yes 73%
No 27%

I was, it was a good year, particularly if you’re a PlayStatIon gamer. We got the best racer (Gran Turismo 7), most beautiful and lively open world (Horizon Forbidden West), and best action adventure game (God of War Ragnarok) along with the best acceptance speech at The Game Awards. Oh and of course, multiplat support was there with Elden Ring and many others.

How about you, SW? Were you happy with 2022 in gaming?

• 
tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#51 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 6203 Posts

Overall Yes

Didn't like Horizon but enjoyed Spiderman

Enjoyed a variety of games with the kids.

Elden Ring was taxing and fun

Halo single player was a blast hope to get more into multiplayer at some point.

Tried some games I wouldn't normally thanks to GamePass

Finally finished Homeworld 2 on PC.

Risk on mobile a good time killer

The difference this year was I played on all platforms (PS, Xbox, PC, Switch and mobile).

Roll on 2023

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8910 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: I can't imagine cows being disappointed with 2022, just like I can't imaging lems being happy with 2022.

templecow90999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53 templecow90999
Member since 2021 • 923 Posts

I thought Nintendo had a really lousy year. I didn't buy any 2022 releases on Switch.

Gamepass got a few decent games- Tunic, Shredder's Revenge, Plague Tale, etc but nothing amazing.

And Elden Ring is great but I much prefer any of the Souls games.

So no I wasn't very happy with 2022 xD

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22970 Posts

@dabear: Xbox fans got elden ring.... The best game of 2022 and likely the generation. Not sure they're crying in their cereal bowls this morning. Most of the two libraries sync up. Lems have 90 percent the same games that cows do. Did Sony fans have 9/10ths the bad year Lems had?

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8910 Posts

@TheEroica said:

@dabear: Xbox fans got elden ring.... The best game of 2022 and likely the generation. Not sure they're crying in their cereal bowls this morning. Most of the two libraries sync up. Lems have 90 percent the same games that cows do. Did Sony fans have 9/10ths the bad year Lems had?

True, but the three biggest Xbox exclusive releases: StarField, RedFall, and STALKER 2 were delayed at least a year.

That's a pretty good punch in the gut.

MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By MyCatIsMilk
Member since 2022 • 1278 Posts
@Litchie said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

AAA games was lacking as usual, but I've found ways to satisfy my gamings. Mosly with older games.

Spiderman is pretty good. not masterpiece but good. try it.

i dont like most AAA games but even I can say its good game and if goes by sony standard or compare it to sony movie games its masterpiece.

I know you think so, but it looks very boring to me and I know I'd dislike it. Open world games that spam the map full of copy paste objectives is a game design from 2007 and I'm pretty fucking tired of developers refusing to evolve.

Have you played any of the previous Spider-Man games? Ultimate Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2 the movie game, Spider-Man PS1? If not, then you'll definitely not like the Insomniac version. I found it to be very fun, mostly the web swinging around the city. It does take the generic route as most open worlds do, with things like fortresses, etc. However, the story and characters are top notch, save for the "main villain" of the game, who was very generic, pathetic, and uninspired, in my opinion. With all of that said, it's definitely a good time from start to finish, if you're focusing on the main storyline. If you're a trophy hunter too, it's an easy platinum. Though truthfully, Ultimate Spider-Man on the PS2 is still the best Spidey game, followed by Spider-Man 2 the movie game. :3

I'm hoping the sequel will allow us to take control of Venom, but it's most certainly not going to happen. Ultimate Spider-Man allowed us this luxury, and it made it all the more memorable; "HUNGER! FEED!" Love it.

I also don't see Insomniac changing things up much. It'll most certainly be a GoW: Rag situation, where it appears as if it could have just been DLC rather than a full retail priced game. I'm still hoping that they will change it up though. Finger crossed.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#57 Ghosts4ever  Online
Member since 2015 • 25061 Posts

@mycatismilk said:
@Litchie said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

AAA games was lacking as usual, but I've found ways to satisfy my gamings. Mosly with older games.

i dont like most AAA games but even I can say its good game and if goes by sony standard or compare it to sony movie games its masterpiece.

I know you think so, but it looks very boring to me and I know I'd dislike it. Open world games that spam the map full of copy paste objectives is a game design from 2007 and I'm pretty fucking tired of developers refusing to evolve.

Have you played any of the previous Spider-Man games? Ultimate Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2 the movie game, Spider-Man PS1? If not, then you'll definitely not like the Insomniac version. I found it to be very fun, mostly the web swinging around the city. It does take the generic route as most open worlds do, with things like fortresses, etc. However, the story and characters are top notch, save for the "main villain" of the game, who was very generic, pathetic, and uninspired, in my opinion. With all of that said, it's definitely a good time from start to finish, if you're focusing on the main storyline. If you're a trophy hunter too, it's an easy platinum. Though truthfully, Ultimate Spider-Man on the PS2 is still the best Spidey game, followed by Spider-Man 2 the movie game. :3

which main villain you speaking of?

Li or Dock ock?

MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 MyCatIsMilk

@ghosts4ever said:
@mycatismilk said:
@Litchie said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

Li or Dock ock?

Li.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Ghosts4ever  Online

@mycatismilk said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@mycatismilk said:
@Litchie said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Li or Dock ock?

Li.

but main villain is Dock ock. it was predictable.

you made spiderman game? include doctor octavious as character so why not Dock ock?

I can predict main villain of Spiderman 2 will be green goblin. its reverse of sam riami trilogy.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22970 Posts

@dabear said:
@TheEroica said:

True, but the three biggest Xbox exclusive releases: StarField, RedFall, and STALKER 2 were delayed at least a year.

That's a pretty good punch in the gut.

It's definitely time for Microsoft to forge ahead with quality new ip. If they are going tor push the Xbox brand to new heights there has to be compelling reasons for consumers.... Gamepass is that for them right now, but eventually we'll be asking the same questions. Where are the quality new ip?that said, I don't believe there are unhapoy Xbox customers. Soooo many quality games are on the console. Tough to be upset with that.

We'll see how 23 shapes up!

MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 MyCatIsMilk

@ghosts4ever said:
@mycatismilk said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@mycatismilk said:
@Litchie said:

Li or Dock ock?

Li.

but main villain is Dock ock. it was predictable.

you made spiderman game? include doctor octavious as character so why not Dock ock?

I can predict main villain of Spiderman 2 will be green goblin. its reverse of sam riami trilogy.

The minute Peter gets caught making the costume, I was like, "Pete, you're a moron if you think he's that dense."

What dost thou meanest?

As for the main villain, I think you're correct. I just remember a lot of interaction with the lame "demon" guys. :/

Has Goblin been confirmed? Craven and Venom, but I seriously doubt Craven will be the main villain. Though I suppose the first one did end with Osborn looking at Harry in the tank?

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#62  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10553 Posts
@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

if this was posted on twitter it would be auto flagged with a misinformation warning. particularly post-elon as an elden ring fan

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 1273 Posts

If we're talking new releases. No.

Had little to no interest in most of the heavy hitters . Some things I was looked forward to didn't get great reception and haven't gotten around to trying them myself. (Shadow Warrior 3, Valkyrie Elysium, Callisto)

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10651 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

Well, 2021 was better for gaming overall with mega ultimate hits like halo infinite, forza horizon 5, MSFS20 and psychonauts 2. This year turned out great for gamepass but xbox itself had a pretty baren year. Ps5 had a terrible 2021, and 2022 was simply a travesty in terms of games for ps5 right until gow released. Nintendo did great, another banner year. Overall 2022 was pretty solid, with the worst being the ps5.

You are a ps5 hater for real. Even before Ragnarok, the ps5 was destroying the Xbox in 2022 as far as games go.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#65 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13105 Posts

@ermacness said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

Well, 2021 was better for gaming overall with mega ultimate hits like halo infinite, forza horizon 5, MSFS20 and psychonauts 2. This year turned out great for gamepass but xbox itself had a pretty baren year. Ps5 had a terrible 2021, and 2022 was simply a travesty in terms of games for ps5 right until gow released. Nintendo did great, another banner year. Overall 2022 was pretty solid, with the worst being the ps5.

You are a ps5 hater for real. Even before Ragnarok, the ps5 was destroying the Xbox in 2022 as far as games go.

2023 better fix that.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts

Yes, thanks to SONY and my PS5.

Avatar image for masterkiller103
Masterkiller103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#67  Edited By Masterkiller103
Member since 2022 • 468 Posts

Overall, Yes it has been really good year for gaming, best game i enjoyed was honestly Assassin's Creed Valhalla, it was very similar to a series i just watched a couple of weeks before playing it.

Anyway, Can't wait for what 2023 has to offer i hope all of you have a good year for 2023 not only for gaming also every other aspect of you'r whole live.

timemasheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 timemasheen
Member since 2015 • 492 Posts

It's been fine I suppose...

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#69 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts

great year for me

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@ghosts4ever: The man with the most garbage taste in video gaming strikes again. Let me fix it for you:

2013: The Last of us, Bioshock Infinite, Grand Theft Auto V

2014: 0 masterpieces

2015: Metal Gear Solid V, Bloodborne, The Witcher 3

2016: Dark Souls 3

2017: Legend of Zelda BOTW, Divinity Original Sin 2

2018: God of War, Red Dead II

2019: Death Stranding, Sekiro

2020: The Last of Us Part 2, Hades

2021: 0 masterpieces

2022: Elden Ring, God of War: Ragnarök The Last of Us Part I

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#71  Edited By Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12381 Posts

Ragnarok is a GOTG caliber game so, yes. Not to mention Elden Ring, Horizon, Stray etc.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Ghosts4ever  Online

@Mozelleple112: so many shitty games. Mainstream games praised by corrupt mainstream media.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

Everyone should be happy with 2022.

How often do we get not one, but TWO GOTG contenders in a single year? And especially since Elden Ring will probably end up being the GOTG. GOWR probably top 5, if not top 3. second place as of 31.12.22 we'll see ones Zelda: TOTK, Death Stranding 2 and Miyazaki's future projects release.

Then there's Horizon FW, Stray...

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45492 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

@Mozelleple112: so many shitty games. Mainstream games praised by corrupt mainstream media.

Weren’t you the one that was getting all excited for The Game Awards?

The_Deepblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 185

User Lists: 1

#75 The_Deepblue
Member since 2007 • 1484 Posts

Had a great year playing great games NOT released in 2022. I did play some good 2022 Switch games, and I plan on playing through Stray before the year ends. So yeah, good year of gaming for me.

Miquella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Miquella
Member since 2022 • 777 Posts

Overall Yes... Elden Ring

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I kind of missed 2022 as far as games go. Got stray, chipped at TWW3 and Plague Tale. But for the most part I’ve not been able to do much more than finish old stuff and poke at strategy games and tactical games when I get a free minute. Story driven stuff is in trouble wrt to my life

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18042 Posts

It was a great year, biggest highlight is probably the Steam Deck. As for games, like every other years most of the games I played were released in the years before it.