Was this the greatest ownage in video game history?

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

Nintendo`s conferences are terrible which is why they stopped doing them. I wanted to kill myself when they showed crap like wii music, the wii u in gereral, and that chick who did the wii fit snowboarding. Reggie is a dick in real life. He lies all the time.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

That's one thing I really hate about PC gamers. They shout from the top of their mouths about boycott but then go and by the same shit in droves.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts
@zeeshanhaider said:

@uninspiredcup said:

That's one thing I really hate about PC gamers. They shout from the top of their mouths about boycott but then go and by the same shit in droves.

haha, reminds me of this individual:

Loading Video...

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#54 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44658 Posts
Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
Member since 2002 • 7110 Posts

@AdobeArtist said:

@Heirren said:

None of that stuff is.

Nintendo is set to unveil a Super Nintendo CD add-on. Sony and company is ready to unveil with Nintendo. Nintendo cancels without telling Sony. Sony turns this into Playstation. Playstation overtakes Nintendo as the top selling game console.

That is the biggest ownage, imo.

Now THAT is the definitive moment right there, lol.

LMAO.....Agreed

Dragerdeifrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#56  Edited By Dragerdeifrit
Member since 2010 • 769 Posts

E3 2006 for Sony and E3 2013 for MS , no contest. those were LEGENDARY moments of gaming history.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@Heirren said:

None of that stuff is.

Nintendo is set to unveil a Super Nintendo CD add-on. Sony and company is ready to unveil with Nintendo. Nintendo cancels without telling Sony. Sony turns this into Playstation. Playstation overtakes Nintendo as the top selling game console.

That is the biggest ownage, imo.

This and of course the Xbone reveal + aftermat

STEAMSBL0WSSAX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#58  Edited By STEAMSBL0WSSAX
Member since 2014 • 80 Posts

nope wiiu is the biggest ownage think they can ditch their old fanbase for casual assholes that wont be there second time around..

wii one time thing like i said.

MikeMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#59  Edited By MikeMoose
Member since 2005 • 3079 Posts

I knew what it was going to be before I opened the thread, so I'd say yes. Made them re write their entire policy.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@CrownKingArthur:

lol

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@navyguy21 said:

Most memorable and epic moment for me was the Final Fantasy 13 announcement for 360.

This board was crazy for a week :P

Good times.....

I remember that. That and when GTA4 went mutliplat.

TruthBToldShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 TruthBToldShow
Member since 2011 • 352 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Here is some ownage for your ownage.

http://ps4daily.com/2013/06/sony-changed-playstation-4-drm-policy-after-xbox-one-outrage/

Please stop. This is the go-to xbot link for sidestepping MS' horrible DRM policy.

1. The link you provide does not link its source. I understand they are referring to a Japanese publication that is printed in Japanese but youd think just ONE of you lems would have a link to it and/or a translation of it.

2. The link you provide is from June 29th, 2013. E3 took place in June of that year as well. Yoshida said there would NOT be a used game DRM back in FEBRUARY of that year.

February is before June, therefore your little link and all the lems crying foul are wrong and misleading many.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#63 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@TruthBToldShow said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

http://ps4daily.com/2013/06/sony-changed-playstation-4-drm-policy-after-xbox-one-outrage/

Please stop. This is the go-to xbot link for sidestepping MS' horrible DRM policy.

1. The link you provide does not link its source. I understand they are referring to a Japanese publication that is printed in Japanese but youd think just ONE of you lems would have a link to it and/or a translation of it.

2. The link you provide is from June 29th, 2013. E3 took place in June of that year as well. Yoshida said there would NOT be a used game DRM back in FEBRUARY of that year.

February is before June, therefore your little link and all the lems crying foul are wrong and misleading many.

talking to him is like talking to wall. Don't waste your time.

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
OniLordAsmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By OniLordAsmodeus
Member since 2010 • 381 Posts

The E3 2013 "ownage" meme is just sad. Sad for the fact that Sony fanboys can't truly see it for what it was. Manipulation.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@TruthBToldShow said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Another cow so mad and refuses to accept Sony had huge DRM plans. Sony just tried screwing people with DriveClubz DRM and their T.O.S. clearly state disc based DRM is in effect, just not enforced.......................YET.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@Gue1 said:

@TruthBToldShow said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

talking to him is like talking to wall. Don't waste your time.

Goo, I am shocked you would say such a thing. I am one of the most respected members of the community. I even told your heart felt story of how you were hacked to my colleagues at work. I hope your butthurt doesn't cloud your judgment in the future.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#67 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20185 Posts

@roler42 said:
Loading Video...

This one never gets old, LMAO

I love when the agenda is getting absolutely destroyed, they cut the guy out and go to their cherry picked panel that all agree with each other to some extent. That's when you know they've lost.

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4867 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

No.

$599 USD, dual 1080p @ 120 fps in 4D, GIANT ENEMY CRABS! and RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACER!!!!! was.

The whole Sony e3 2006 presentation was really disjointed. It was almost like they didn't have a run through. I will never, ever forget the real life giant enemy crabs or the voice Kaz used when announcing Riiiiiidge racer.

@navyguy21 said:

Most memorable and epic moment for me was the Final Fantasy 13 announcement for 360.

This board was crazy for a week :P

Good times.....

It was such a huge thing because it marked the beginning of big named Japanese games being ported to the 360. I remember those days. Fun times. And I'll never forget the Youtube FF protester.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: Not even close. Hello Kitty outscoring the first Killzone wins.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@misterpmedia said:

All the other ownages through marketing were never in front of a huge audience, live streaming, at the biggest gaming event of the year. So...I think it must have to be.

Yeah, I kinda have to agree with you cause it was also the launch E3 for both consoles. As I said in a podcast a few months ago, Dab had walked on MS's E3 stage, dropped his pants, turned to the audience and literally shit on the stage it would have been a better E3 for the Xbox One than what happened after Sony's no drm reveal.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Sony at E3 2013 :D

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#72 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

@starwolf474 said:

Sony owning themselves at E3 2006 was better. The giant enemy crab still makes me laugh all these years later.

Loading Video...

Plus their continued self-ownage in the months that followed such as:

“If you can find a PS3 anywhere in North America that’s been on shelves for more than five minutes, I’ll give you 1,200 bucks for it.” - followed up by many photos of PS3s stacked up in stores.

"I don't think the battle would be any different with or without Grand Theft Auto. I don't think it hurts us."

"the PS3 is not a game machine."

"We don't provide the easy to program for console that developers want, because easy to program for means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?"

"PlayStation 3, you will see, will be far and away the winner when you look at it by March '08."

"I believe that the Sixaxis controller offers game designers and developers far more opportunity for future innovation than rumble ever did. Now, rumble I think was the last generation feature"

“We're providing more of an entertainment system, and they're focused more on gaming.”

"Our goal for PlayStation 3 is for consumers to think to themselves, 'I will work more hours to buy one."

and of course...

"I don’t think we’re arrogant."

Best video ever.