Was Going to Buy a PS4, but........

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Slimmin360
Member since 2010 • 1933 Posts

i currently don't have one of the 3 consoles, i'm just using a Nvidia Shield TV console, and it's fun, but their Grid service has yet to be updated with current games.

So i started looking at a PS4, but the only game they currently have that i have not played is Bloodborne, and the only one's coming down the pipe that i have any interest in are Fallout 4 and Uncharted 4.

Hardly any reason to neccesitate spending hundreds of dollars......i'll tell ya' for a console thats leading in current sales right now it certainly has a lack luster library so far.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

@Slimmin360 said:

i currently don't have one of the 3 consoles, i'm just using a Nvidia Shield TV console, and it's fun, but their Grid service has yet to be updated with current games.

So i started looking at a PS4, but the only game they currently have that i have not played is Bloodborne, and the only one's coming down the pipe that i have any interest in are Fallout 4 and Uncharted 4.

Hardly any reason to neccesitate spending hundreds of dollars......i'll tell ya' for a console thats leading in current sales right now it certainly has a lack luster library so far.

If you've played all the games on PS4 apart from Bloodborne you obviously have a PC which means you would not be interested in Fallout 4 on PS4 so you're either lying or just trolling.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

What's the point of this thread?

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Get a Gameboy.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

I'm guessing that he isn't happy with the games released so far.

In response to the TC: I'm disappointed as well and really don't have a reason to own a console anymore. MKX is fixed on PC, SFV is coming to PC, KI is coming to PC, Gears of War UE etc. etc. Every game I'm invested in is on PC or will be. To be honest, I would love for consoles to release something that blows my hair back to justify a purchase, but that's yet to happen.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56310 Posts

@Slimmin360 said:

No shit Sherlock. Depending what game you're looking for on a PS4, you're gonna get burn, real fast. Get a PC and you can go home happy.

Avatar image for deactivated-58ce94803a170
deactivated-58ce94803a170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170
Member since 2015 • 8822 Posts

I would go PC or Nintendo, get off that Justin Bieber hype. Xbox One would be nice if your looking for a cool machine to play from the couch. They have some cool games and some neat ones coming this year. They also have a sick controller that changes colors, no lie mate, that shat is pimp. Get you a PS4 if you want to get down on some Indie action with some awesome remasters.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts

Blog it

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Yup, naughty dog is pretty much the only reason to own a PS4

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@Slimmin360 said:

it certainly has a lack luster library so far.

It has a great library so far, albeit too reliant on indies and ports/remakes. Look at Metacritic, look at "Top PS4 games", witness over 100 titles rated 75 or above (Metacritic's "good" cutoff) Roughly 1 good game a week, on average. Are you getting through all of them?

Look, people are buying this system for games like Arkham Knight and Witcher 3 and MGSV and Fallout 4. Going "lol I play them on PC" is like going into a steak restaurant and saying "lol I already ate steak somewhere else". So fucking what? The people who are getting their steak there (or games on PS4) are happy. Games have NEVER needed to be exclusive to be massive on a system.

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

@RR360DD said:

Yup, naughty dog is pretty much the only reason to own a PS4

I dont know about that, but I wont take the PS4 seriously until they remove lights off of the controllers. I dont want a toy.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DaVillain  Moderator

@mesome713 said:

I would go PC or Nintendo

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

Nvidia Shield TV console(lol)

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@PonchoTaco said:

Blog it

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

If you just buy consoles for exclusives, the WiiU is absolutely the way to go right now. PS4 is still going through growing pains in that regard. Although, the situation isn't quite as bad as the picture OP paints.

The_Funyarinpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 The_Funyarinpa
Member since 2015 • 504 Posts

... depends on your situation I guess

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

PS4 is worth owning if you don't have a PC, because of multiplats. Otherwise, I can see your point. If you have a PC then wait until some good stuff is out in a year or two on Console.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

What did you think of Infamous Second Son and First Light?

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#19 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30573 Posts

@locopatho said:
@Slimmin360 said:

it certainly has a lack luster library so far.

It has a great library so far, albeit too reliant on indies and ports/remakes. Look at Metacritic, look at "Top PS4 games", witness over 100 titles rated 75 or above (Metacritic's "good" cutoff) Roughly 1 good game a week, on average. Are you getting through all of them?

Look, people are buying this system for games like Arkham Knight and Witcher 3 and MGSV and Fallout 4. Going "lol I play them on PC" is like going into a steak restaurant and saying "lol I already ate steak somewhere else". So fucking what? The people who are getting their steak there (or games on PS4) are happy. Games have NEVER needed to be exclusive to be massive on a system.

Good post, locopatho.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@blueinheaven said:
@Slimmin360 said:

If you've played all the games on PS4 apart from Bloodborne you obviously have a PC which means you would not be interested in Fallout 4 on PS4 so you're either lying or just trolling.

I think it means he has a PS3, actually.

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SexyJazzCat
Member since 2013 • 2796 Posts

@RR360DD said:

Yup, Bloodborne is pretty much the only reason to own a PS4

Fixed

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@Slimmin360 said:

Buy a Wii u then , play amazing games now and have it as a dust collector later. Problem solved.

Or buy an X1 , plenty of games coming.

This mild trolling post is QQ

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

@PurpleMan5000 said:
@blueinheaven said:
@Slimmin360 said:

It's hard to know what he means lol. The multiplats on PS4 never appeared on PS3 and he says he has none of the 3 consoles so he must have played multiplats on PC. In which case why the **** is he playing games on a Nvidia Shield TV Console?

He's full of it.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DaVillain  Moderator

@blueinheaven said:
@PurpleMan5000 said:
@blueinheaven said:
@Slimmin360 said:

It's hard to know what he means lol. The multiplats on PS4 never appeared on PS3 and he says he has none of the 3 consoles so he must have played multiplats on PC. In which case why the **** is he playing games on a Nvidia Shield TV Console?

He's full of it.

OP stated in the past that he doesn't have a PC at all. He has an Alienware Steambox.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By lostrib

@davillain- said:
@blueinheaven said:
@PurpleMan5000 said:
@blueinheaven said:
@Slimmin360 said:

He's full of it.

OP stated in the past that he doesn't have a PC at all. He has an Alienware Steambox.

I believe he returned that. Pretty sure his adventure in PC gaming came to an abrupt halt when he couldn't figure out how to play Fallout 3 and/or use steam

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Alcapello
Member since 2014 • 1396 Posts

Wait for a Christmas deals.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

Buy another Alienware Alpha

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@blueinheaven said:
@Slimmin360 said:

lol. check

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

I don't know.

But PC doesnt have MLB the show, madden, NHL, maybe get an xbox one. They seem to have more big name exclusives than ps4.

Bravo632

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Bravo632
Member since 2015 • 207 Posts

@davillain- said:
@mesome713 said:

I would go PC or Nintendo

I can't disagree with you Freeman, no matter how right you are.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#31 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

@Slimmin360 said:

this gen in general have lack luster libraries. no console library stands out. i think the last gen is still influencing this gen and not the other way around

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

You could just get a Xbox One since they actually will have a strong 2015 compared to a non-existent one. Your money would be justified by leaps and bounds.

Or you could just punch yourself in the balls. That would be the same as PS4 ownership.

skreeeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 skreeeet
Member since 2015 • 56 Posts

I don't know what you are talking about OP. Just between the last of us remastered and bloodborne I have had more fun playing games than I have had in a long time, not to mention the multi-platform games.

The ps4 library is very good.

gamevet77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By gamevet77
Member since 2013 • 555 Posts

From a non fanboy point of view the ps4 has been going through a drought lately but the xbox 1 has not been good either. It's summer and games usually slow down. I would still take the ps4 library over the x1 or wiiU any day of the week.

The Last of US: Brilliant game. If you played it on ps3 it's still a big upgrade that make fans want to play it again.

Infamous Second Son: A very under rated game. This not only is one of the best looking game on the ps4 it also is a blast to play.

Dying Light: Best version on the ps4

Diablo 3: With the control scheme I put this over the pc version

Uncharted Franchise: Besides naughty dawg being able to out pc games on consoles they are very talented developers. Uncharted 4 looks like the best game on any platform releasing early next year.

God Of War Franchise: Some of the best games on any platform

Will always be the superior third party platform.

It's the best console to have IMO but you just got to measure what type of games you like and go to that platform.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61524 Posts

You could have blogged this, and saved us all the trouble of not reading it there.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Shewgenja

I'm really not convinced that a system with one game the OP wants is actually worthy of a thread. Too much weirdness. All signs point to fakeboy haterade or some junk.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Slimmin360
Member since 2010 • 1933 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

PS4 is worth owning if you don't have a PC, because of multiplats. Otherwise, I can see your point. If you have a PC then wait until some good stuff is out in a year or two on Console.

Actually i did used to own a PS4, and thats how i played through all they had to offer, i got rid of it about 3 months ago, and no i don't have a PC.

However i was thinking about getting the Alienware Area 51 specced out, and hooking that up to my TV, i just can't decide, if only the PS4 had a more impressive library.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Shewgenja

@Slimmin360 said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

Actually i did used to own a PS4, and thats how i played through all they had to offer, i got rid of it about 3 months ago, and no i don't have a PC.

However i was thinking about getting the Alienware Area 51 specced out, and hooking that up to my TV, i just can't decide, if only the PS4 had a more impressive library.

Sir, your thread is bizzaroworld at best. I'm highly interested in Scalebound, but I won't make a thread in System Wars about me "almost buying" an XBone over it. Did you think this thread through at all or are you just grand-standing about your opinion that the system only has one worthy game?

This is fuckery of a pretty large magnitude. You deserve to know that, if not for the sake of not repeating this mistake again.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 lostrib

@Slimmin360 said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

Uh, are you sure you could handle that? Your last Alienware Adventure didn't go too well

batosaims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40 batosaims
Member since 2004 • 438 Posts

The next 4 games I'll be buying for the PS4 are Until Dawn, Tearaway Unfolded, Disgaea 5, and Persona 5 whenever it comes out

I'm actually way more interested in the PS4's more obscure exclusives than I am their high profile trash like Uncharted and Horizon.

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

I actually have a PS4 and about 50 games and still don't get this "PS4 has no games" crap..

Blizzard2188

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Blizzard2188
Member since 2015 • 121 Posts

@Slimmin360 said:

So you own a PC... this proves nothing. the PS4 is a great console and has tons of games to play. If your primarily a PC gamer then no sh*t Sherlock, you played most of the games on PC. But if you don't have a PC or don't really enjoy playing games on PC (me), then the PS4 has ton's of great games to play.

SamusBeliskner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SamusBeliskner
Member since 2015 • 569 Posts

I considered a ps4 as well, until I realized that basically everything worth playing was also available on my PC...

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

none but it sw who cares use it as an excuse for:

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@Slimmin360: I'm riveted by your story.

And thats about all the bite you'll get out of me from your bait.

VanDammFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 VanDammFan
Member since 2009 • 4783 Posts

@samusbeliskner said:

I considered a ps4 as well, until I realized that basically everything worth playing was also available on my PC...

but can your pc play newer games? thats what sux about pc gaming. I have a pc as well but i bet it cant play newer games. SO then i would have to upgrade and spend nearly the same as a PS4/Xbone "or more" depending on what I need to upgrade. SO why not buy the console that you know will play the games? Thats just my thoughts. Keep in mind that I have yet to buy into this generation of consoles. The 1st time since I was a teenager..and im going to be 44 in a couple months..so no hate on pc or anything..just a thought I had.

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#47 k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

And what is Nvidia Shield TV console(?

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

Bloodborne is pretty good. You're missing out. Or maybe you should save for a real PC. Also PC and Xbox One are gonna be pretty cool over the next few years. Streaming games at 720p won't be a problem since the games are 720p on Xbox anyways. The framerate should be improved though!

SamusBeliskner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SamusBeliskner
Member since 2015 • 569 Posts

@VanDammFan said:
@samusbeliskner said:

but can your pc play newer games? thats what sux about pc gaming. I have a pc as well but i bet it cant play newer games. SO then i would have to upgrade and spend nearly the same as a PS4/Xbone "or more" depending on what I need to upgrade. SO why not buy the console that you know will play the games? Thats just my thoughts. Keep in mind that I have yet to buy into this generation of consoles. The 1st time since I was a teenager..and im going to be 44 in a couple months..so no hate on pc or anything..just a thought I had.

Mine can, as it is 2x as powerful as the PS4. Best $400 I have spent in a long time.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52449 Posts

for you