SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8219 Posts

Its a smash clone called Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl.

Have you heard of it? do you like smash bros? Well this smash clone comes out soon (october 5th) which also happens to be the same day Smash announces its final character.

Not only that.. But it actually looks well made. The move sets seems to have just as much Meta as smash its self. The developer already took a stab at a smash clone before working on the nick tunes game, called SlapCity an indie smash type game that was well received on steam, So this isn't their first rodeo making smash clones.

However just like having a celebration of video game characters is cool i think a celebration of cartoons is cool as well. If this game can some how be succesfull id like to see them branch out to cartoon network and WB in the future for some other cartoon cameos. Give me foghorn leghorn

Another thing i forgot to add it is Multiplat, its on everything, xbox, PS, PC, and Switch. But there is a catch.

It even supports RollBack Netcode, something Smash its self doesn't have because Nintendo treats networking the same way Brendan Frasier treated seeing a lighter in that movie Encino man.

So don't buy this **** on the switch if you are trying to play it online because it will probably be laggy as hell like smash is.

So what say you? You think this game has a shot at being successful? Will it Sell? Will it be fun? Decent?, absolute ****? Will smash just bury it alive?

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44564 Posts

I will play if it comes to Game Pass, most this isn't the Nickelodeon I grew up on so I won't get much from this roster.

If I am going to go on a nostalgic trip to humor my inner child, I am more likely to wanna try Hot Wheels Unleashed.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

Tomorrow is gonna be a good day for fans of the platform fighter / Smash Clone.

Nickelodeon does look great. Some very unique move sets I haven't seen in Smash before. Where is Jimmy Neutron, Rocket Power or Fairly Odd Parents? Lots of missing Nickelodeon shows, and lots of room for DLC.

If Nicktoons turns out to be great, they should do a sequel where they team up with Cartoon Network to make the ultimate cartoon crossover fighter.

I dunno who the last Smash DLC will be, but we'll find out tomorrow. A lot of speculation is suggesting Sora will be the final fighter. We shall wait and see.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

I'll pass, it doesn't look bad but I don't enjoy or like this style of fighting game.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Polite pass until it's $20 or less. The kids may still enjoy it.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7201 Posts

I thinking final Smash guy will be Prince Albert from Kirby.

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 poe13
Member since 2005 • 1441 Posts

As a Smash Bros fan and a fan of several Nickelodeon shows, I was really excited when this was announced and seeing gameplay of it was cool but then it hit me as I was watching and hearing things...there doesn't seem to be any voices from the characters at all. I read that they are looking into adding voice overs in the future, but it kind of falls flat for me now when nobody is saying anything.

I know, this is a fighting game so who cares? Well, to me it just feels awkward when Spongebob or Leonardo is kicking ass and they aren't proclaiming their signature catch phrases like Spongebob's obnoxious laugh or Leonardo perhaps suggesting some pizza or something.

It just feels a bit empty now. But the gameplay looks fun. Pretty torn on it now.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jaydan
@poe13 said:

As a Smash Bros fan and a fan of several Nickelodeon shows, I was really excited when this was announced and seeing gameplay of it was cool but then it hit me as I was watching and hearing things...there doesn't seem to be any voices from the characters at all. I read that they are looking into adding voice overs in the future, but it kind of falls flat for me now when nobody is saying anything.

I know, this is a fighting game so who cares? Well, to me it just feels awkward when Spongebob or Leonardo is kicking ass and they aren't proclaiming their signature catch phrases like Spongebob's obnoxious laugh or Leonardo perhaps suggesting some pizza or something.

It just feels a bit empty now. But the gameplay looks fun. Pretty torn on it now.

You heard that right: no voice acting.

Although I wouldn't take that as a means to turn away from this game. Doing that may spoil any and all potential to incorporate voice acting at all. The omission of voice acting appears to be due to budget more than anything. The dev team compromised with not having voice acting in exchange for better focusing on the gameplay.

If the game turns out to be great and it gets heaps of fan support, not only will they give voice acting, but a lot more budget will be put into potential sequels.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jaydan

The fact that Smash Bros. fans openly embrace and support the potential of Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl, goes to show how laughable Playstation All-Stars really was.

Now that game was dead on arrival, and Playstation All-Stars was an embarrassment to Sony.

Glad we finally have a worthy opponent in the Smash Clone field.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44172 Posts

Wouldn’t mind checking this out myself. I absolutely love Smash Bros. and this game does look pretty good. Am a fan of some of the characters in it.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

I've been following this game for a while since a lot of people is talking about it ... and while the mechanics are looking great, the lack of budget is really hurting the game. Little to no voice acting, lacklusters stages, janky animations ... and Aang just looks bad.

Good effort, but not nearly enough to really caught my attention. Still, is looking much better than it had the right to be.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5249 Posts

@girlusocrazy said:
@jaydan said:

Could be a good thing. The last thing you want is a Super Mario Advance situation.

The lack of voice acting is a "good" thing if the fighters have bad or annoying voices. Very odd that this fighting game does not have voice acting as the fighters are cartoon characters that have established voices and have spoken lines.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44564 Posts

@jaydan: "they should do a sequel where they team up with Cartoon Network to make the ultimate cartoon crossover fighter"

Give me Master Shake and I'd buy it.

ZeroTheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ZeroTheHero
Member since 2021 • 1391 Posts

Pass I suck at these kinda games

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 VFighter

@onesiphorus: Yeah that's really weird if it's true...maybe they didn't have the budget to spend on all those talented/established voice actors?

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#18 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

@jaydan said:

The fact that Smash Bros. fans openly embrace and support the potential of Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl, goes to show how laughable Playstation All-Stars really was.

Now that game was dead on arrival, and Playstation All-Stars was an embarrassment to Sony.

Glad we finally have a worthy opponent in the Smash Clone field.

I remember when Sony wasn't an embarrassment... I miss the 90s.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3055 Posts

I honestly don't understand the draw of these games, but good for the people that like them.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jaydan

@onesiphorus said:
@girlusocrazy said:
@jaydan said:

Could be a good thing. The last thing you want is a Super Mario Advance situation.

The lack of voice acting is a "good" thing if the fighters have bad or annoying voices. Very odd that this fighting game does not have voice acting as the fighters are cartoon characters that have established voices and have spoken lines.

There should be nothing odd about a smaller dev team not having the budget to afford voice acting. C'mon guys, you can do better. It's a shame gamer's look at a high budget to decide on the worthiness of a game's potential.

I'm sure Nickelodeon underestimated the interest in the game and they were probably ready to call it shovelware.

Support this game if you guys want a higher budget.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

@girlusocrazy said:
@vfighter said:

@onesiphorus: Yeah that's really weird if it's true...maybe they didn't have the budget to spend on all those talented/established voice actors?

Well some are may not be able to perform like Tim Curry as Nigel Thornberry, some are dead like Christine Cavanaugh as Oblina and Gary Owens as Powdered Toast Man, and some are kids whose voices have changed or they are busy IRL school like characters from The Loud House.

Would you want to have soundalikes doing the voices?

Yes ... a fighter without voice acting feels like i'm playing Street Figther. While i understand that some actors won't be able to came back to their characters, is even weirder to not have any voice. I really, really hope they can add them in season 2 (if they are going to be doing seasons).

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jaydan

@girlusocrazy: Totally forgot about Rocko and Angry Beavers. If they really wanna go old-school Nickelodeon that the younger generations hardly even know existed, I would love if they did Kablam as well.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts

@dimebag667 said:

I honestly don't understand the draw of these games, but good for the people that like them.

The original Smash Bros for N64 was good. Never was impressed with the sequels.

@jaydan said:

@girlusocrazy: Totally forgot about Rocko and Angry Beavers. If they really wanna go old-school Nickelodeon that the younger generations hardly even know existed, I would love if they did Kablam as well.

No Stick Stickly? ☹️

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jaydan

@PSP107: Lol I actually forgot about Stickly.

I've had enough Nickelodeon conversations over the years, and a lot of people don't remember Kablam for some reason. I really liked that one, they could bring in Henry and June, or characters from a variety of their segments. Action League Now would be fun for example.

Fuhrer_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Fuhrer_D
Member since 2011 • 1125 Posts

@vfighter: @girlusocrazy: Who needs voice actors when there years of sound bites that can be clipped?

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 VFighter

@Fuhrer_D: Huh, I actually hadn't thought of that. As long as they could keep the quality of the clips on par with one another (since I'm sure it varies greatly from show to show over the years) that could work.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#31 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9730 Posts

Syn_Valence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Syn_Valence
Member since 2004 • 2139 Posts

If All-stars didn't have a garbage scoring system they're would have been sequels.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#33 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts

@jaydan said:
@poe13 said:

Although I wouldn't take that as a means to turn away from this game. Doing that may spoil any and all potential to incorporate voice acting at all. The omission of voice acting appears to be due to budget more than anything. The dev team compromised with not having voice acting in exchange for better focusing on the gameplay.

If the game turns out to be great and it gets heaps of fan support, not only will they give voice acting, but a lot more budget will be put into potential sequels.

To be fair, PR: BFTG didn't have voice acting at launch until later.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#34 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3055 Posts

@PSP107: Haha 😂 You and one of my buddies are the only people I know that remember Stick Stickly.

Definitely need some Prometheus and Bob, and maybe even some Log. I'm assuming the Ah! Real Monsters characters are enemies?