VR moving one step closer to mainstream acceptance in 2019. Things are gettin hot!

• 119 results
Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@darthbuzzard said:
@whatafailure said:
@darthbuzzard said:
@i_p_daily said:

VR, WhatAFailure lol.

I can post silly gifs too. Want me to find Goat Simulator gifs so we can have a laugh at pancake gaming? Or I can choose something that is actually more representative of VR:

The nuanced levels of interactivity with objects and enemies is really incredible in that Boneworks demo. I don't understand how people can look at that and then go "VR offers nothing new and won't take off."

Rooms with puzzles can be incredible in VR with that type of finger and arm tracking. They already have some Escape Room VR experiences that take place in fantastical settings and have clever room puzzles to solve (and I can see escape room VR being a very popular social experience in a few years)

Some people are scared it will take attention away from their type of gaming or want resources spent elsewhere.

@i_p_daily said:

@darthbuzzard: Is that you blueberry?

Yeah, nope. I don't partake in blueberries. Much prefer strawberries.

Its funny how a "demo" is supposed to be awesome yet while the actual games are shit LOL.

Oh and buzzard, its funny how the resident VR nut job in blueberry bandit doesn't seem to post here about VR anymore and yet you do...

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#52  Edited By dzimm
Member since 2006 • 6615 Posts

@darthbuzzard: VR's lethargic adoption rate even within the gaming market where it's the most natural fit, and its complete lack of penetration into the mainstream "mom and pop" market says that I am, in fact, 100% correct. Nobody outside of the gaming hobby has any interest in VR, and most people within the gaming hobby don't have any interest in it, either. You may not like it, but those are the facts.

Don't get me wrong, VR will probably always be around to one extent or another, but it will remain an expensive niche within a niche, like articulated gaming chairs, or flight simulation enthusiasts who build their own authentic cockpits.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44143 Posts

Yes, very hot alright...

lol :P

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#54 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

Why leave Nintendo off the original list? Anyone who is a fan of the VR platform would want them to succeed in it also. The VR pie is certainly big enough for many to get a slice.

@vaidream45 said:

Nintendo is about to introduce a bunch of young people to VR as well. It will be around for a while.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Coolyfett

@onesiphorus said:

It seems that VR is moving a step closer to mainsteam acceptance as Nintendo has announced that Super Mario Odyssey and Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wind will support Labo VR on late April.

This means a head strap is on the way then. Good for Nintendo though. Not only are they giving players mainstream gaming VR on a budget, but there is no major financial risk to the end user. The more games and more support for Labo VR the better for the entire platform (Rift, PSVR, Vive). Remaster some of the Virtual Boy games in full color and release as a compilation pack, people would buy that.

DarthBuzzard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By DarthBuzzard
Member since 2019 • 360 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@darthbuzzard said:
@whatafailure said:
@darthbuzzard said:
@i_p_daily said:

VR, WhatAFailure lol.

I can post silly gifs too. Want me to find Goat Simulator gifs so we can have a laugh at pancake gaming? Or I can choose something that is actually more representative of VR:

The nuanced levels of interactivity with objects and enemies is really incredible in that Boneworks demo. I don't understand how people can look at that and then go "VR offers nothing new and won't take off."

Rooms with puzzles can be incredible in VR with that type of finger and arm tracking. They already have some Escape Room VR experiences that take place in fantastical settings and have clever room puzzles to solve (and I can see escape room VR being a very popular social experience in a few years)

Some people are scared it will take attention away from their type of gaming or want resources spent elsewhere.

@i_p_daily said:

@darthbuzzard: Is that you blueberry?

Yeah, nope. I don't partake in blueberries. Much prefer strawberries.

Its funny how a "demo" is supposed to be awesome yet while the actual games are shit LOL.

Oh and buzzard, its funny how the resident VR nut job in blueberry bandit doesn't seem to post here about VR anymore and yet you do...

The demo is just to showcase mechanics that are easy to get across in gif format. It's a exceptionally easy to show you real games as well. And get that oversized chicken out of here.

DarthBuzzard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 DarthBuzzard

@dzimm said:

@darthbuzzard:

Don't get me wrong, VR will probably always be around to one extent or another, but it will remain an expensive niche within a niche, like articulated gaming chairs, or flight simulation enthusiasts who build their own authentic cockpits.

Anyone who compares it to gaming chairs, steering wheels, flight sticks and other similar stuff can be immediately regarded as... clueless.

Get a clue, dude. You don't get it.

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 dzimm

@darthbuzzard said:
@dzimm said:

@darthbuzzard:

Anyone who compares it to gaming chairs, steering wheels, flight sticks and other similar stuff can be immediately regarded as... clueless.

Like home cockpits, articulated chairs, etc., VR is a specialized peripheral with a narrow purpose.

DarthBuzzard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 DarthBuzzard

@dzimm said:
@darthbuzzard said:
@dzimm said:

@darthbuzzard:

Like home cockpits, articulated chairs, etc., VR is a specialized peripheral with a narrow purpose.

Heh, nope. Please continue missing the mark. It's always fun to watch.

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By dzimm

@darthbuzzard said:
@dzimm said:
@darthbuzzard said:
@dzimm said:

@darthbuzzard:

I love watching the cognitive dissonance of VR fanboys as they try to rationalize the disconnect between their own enthusiasm and the fact that VR is a tiny niche within the gaming hobby and is entirely ignored by the mainstream consumer. If you like it, that's great, but don't try to fool yourself into thinking it's more popular than it really is. VR will never enjoy widespread success like smartphones.

DarthBuzzard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By DarthBuzzard

@dzimm said:
@darthbuzzard said:
@dzimm said:
@darthbuzzard said:

I love watching the cognitive dissonance of VR fanboys as they try to rationalize the disconnect between their own enthusiasm and the fact that VR is a tiny niche within the gaming hobby and is entirely ignored by the mainstream consumer. If you like it, that's great, but don't try to fool yourself into thinking it's more popular than it really is. VR will never enjoy widespread success like smartphones.

I've never thought of it as being mainstream. I damm well know it's a niche at the moment. That doesn't mean VR always has niche applications. I've already told you the many things VR can do and yet you refuse to listen.

You can't use the whole "Well if it's not being used for much right now, then it never will" argument because that's exactly how PCs were considered. They were thought of as single purpose machines that are mostly useless until the defining features took off like GUIs, apps, and the Internet.

Look, I'm right on this. I've done my homework.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

Jeez this dude is having a meltdown because not everyone agrees with his opinion ?

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By dzimm

@darthbuzzard: Personal computers initially were specialized, unintuitive, and obscenely expensive. It wasn't until MacOS and Windows made them easier to operate, and prices dropped that they really started to become mainstream (although a lot of people are still intimidated by them). It also helps that personal computers are almost infinitely flexible and can be configured to meet anyone's needs.

There is no meaningful parallel between the adoption of personal computers or smartphones, and purpose-built tech with narrow functionality and appeal like VR goggles. Personally, I think VR should be considered a yuge success if it is adopted and actively used by even 10% of the total gaming market.

DarthBuzzard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By DarthBuzzard

@dzimm said:

@darthbuzzard: Personal computers initially were specialized, unintuitive, and obscenely expensive. It wasn't until MacOS and Windows made them easier to operate, and prices dropped that they really started to become mainstream (although a lot of people are still intimidated by them). It also helps that personal computers are almost infinitely flexible and can be configured to meet anyone's needs.

There is no meaningful parallel between the adoption of personal computers or smartphones, and purpose-built tech with narrow functionality and appeal like VR goggles. Personally, I think VR should be considered a yuge success if it is adopted and actively used by even 10% of the total gaming market.

VR is infinitely flexible. It's in the name. Virtual Reality. If I can easily go to any environment whether it's fictional or real and do all kinds of things in that environment or use it as an extremely versatile workstation all with intuitive controls, then it's clearly very flexible.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@darthbuzzard: So your blueberry bandit alt got shut down :(

You need to take the VR goggles off buddy because you're creating alts to try and push VR down everyone's throat and no one really cares about VR, a simple fact that you need to deal with :(

DarthBuzzard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 DarthBuzzard

@i_p_daily said:

@darthbuzzard: So your blueberry bandit alt got shut down :(

You need to take the VR goggles off buddy because you're creating alts to try and push VR down everyone's throat and no one really cares about VR, a simple fact that you need to deal with :(

Don't have an alt dude. Hilarious how people make assumptions. If I was pushing it down everyone's throat, I'd be making lots of threads. I've made like 1 thread in the last few weeks.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#68 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69763 Posts

The reality that VR is not going to be mainstream and is very limited in functionality and application is really taking a toll on some folks. VR is not going to be a game changer and would continue to occupy a very very small section of the gaming and commercial markets. DEAL WITH IT.

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 dzimm

@darthbuzzard: Hahahaha! You're over-selling it, kiddo. VR is an inherently limited platform just by its nature. You essentially need to remain rooted in one spot, disconnected from the world around you. Most people do not find this appealing, which is why VR is largely ignored by gamers and completely ignored by everybody else. 10% adoption rate among all gamers across all platforms is a best case scenario.

DarthBuzzard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 DarthBuzzard

@dzimm said:

@darthbuzzard: Hahahaha! You're over-selling it, kiddo. VR is an inherently limited platform just by its nature. You essentially need to remain rooted in one spot, disconnected from the world around you. Most people do not find this appealing, which is why VR is largely ignored by gamers and completely ignored by everybody else. 10% adoption rate among all gamers across all platforms is a best case scenario.

Limited? Wrong. Rooted in one spot? Doesn't matter. You can still move about artificially. Disconnected? Yeah, just try telling that to Oculus Quest which can scan people into the headset.

50% adoption rate among all gamers worldwide is a worse case scenario. 90% or higher is best case scenario.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@darthbuzzard: I dont know who's paying you but they aren't getting their moneys worth out of you. VR is already in the same shape 3d was a few years ago, virtually dead after a lot of early hype from a loud minority of fans.

schu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 schu
Member since 2003 • 10191 Posts

@vfighter said:

@darthbuzzard: I dont know who's paying you but they aren't getting their moneys worth out of you. VR is already in the same shape 3d was a few years ago, virtually dead after a lot of early hype from a loud minority of fans.

can't tell if you're just trolling hard...if VR is so dead then why are so many companies releasing more headsets?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#73 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts
Loading Video...

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#74 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58390 Posts

I'm excited.

Fewer (eventually no) cables, getting rid of sensors, and most important imo improving resolution and getting rid of screen door effect. It's all gonna be here sooner than I thought it would.

Excited to see what the Valve Index has to offer from a technical standpoint; I love my Oculus Rift, I imagine I would enjoy a Valve product even better.

@pelvist said:

Apparently, Valves headset tracks your body and you can see it in the game the same way you can see the controllers in SteamVR. Thats a game changer imo. It is also said to release with the Knuckles controllers which are now named "Valve Index Controllers". I'll likely be replacing my Vive with one.

Yeah, can't wait. Individual finger tracking. Didn't know about the body tracking, that's pretty great too.

Any work on whether it will still require sensor placement, or does it have built-in tracking?

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@schu: Not trolling, just handing out a dose of reality.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts
@mrbojangles25 said:

I'm excited.

Fewer (eventually no) cables, getting rid of sensors, and most important imo improving resolution and getting rid of screen door effect. It's all gonna be here sooner than I thought it would.

Excited to see what the Valve Index has to offer from a technical standpoint; I love my Oculus Rift, I imagine I would enjoy a Valve product even better.

@pelvist said:

Apparently, Valves headset tracks your body and you can see it in the game the same way you can see the controllers in SteamVR. Thats a game changer imo. It is also said to release with the Knuckles controllers which are now named "Valve Index Controllers". I'll likely be replacing my Vive with one.

Yeah, can't wait. Individual finger tracking. Didn't know about the body tracking, that's pretty great too.

Any work on whether it will still require sensor placement, or does it have built-in tracking?

Nothing is confirmed by Valve, all we have is a picture of it but there was a couple of people from a website (possibly insideVR or something like that) they put out a video describing their experience immediately after trying it and were pretty excited about the two depth cameras at the front can track whatever body part they can see, look down and the cameras see your feet and body, look at your hands and see those and individual fingers. It has built-in tracking (inside out) and it is speculated that it can make use of Valves lighthouse tech too as you can see what look like Vive sensors much like the Vive has on the headset.

We are now convinced that the Knuckles controllers will be the Index controllers and it explains the long wait for them to release but the knuckles controllers that devs have right now do require lighthouses to track. I find that a bit strange and I can only assume that the Index controllers can track independently too.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#77  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

VR is amazing haters can hate all they want it's not going away I've had some of the most jaw dropping moments in VR that staring at a screen can never replicate. I'm able to play GTAV in VR using a third party driver flying over downtown Los Santos in a helicopter listening to freebird in VR is so damn euphoric.

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 dzimm

@warmblur: "VR is [...] not going away..."

I agree, but it will always be a niche within a niche, an expensive peripheral for the "hardcore" technophile but ignored by everybody else. 10% active use among all gamers across all platforms is a best case scenario. That will still represent millions of units sold, but it's never going to be the runaway success that fanboys want it to be.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Kali-B1rd
Member since 2018 • 2241 Posts
@dzimm said:

VR goggles are essentially monitors with motion sensing.

How the hell does 360 vision not have a bigger place in our futures? How is the functionallity "narrow" when it is literally designed to cover the full range of your eyes... yes its bulky, expensive etc now, but you've already pointed out that in computers and phones this happened over a period of a decade or two with those.

I reckon the more streaming (both steaming content/games and streaming from hardware to headset matures, the quicker small-factor VR headsets will take off. not reliant on anything other than the advancement of tracking.. simple small good quality screens is all that needs to be powered by the headset.

There will come a time when VR will be almost goggle-size and comfortable with a tiny power cable for a cheap price, that will allow the user to have ANY size screen they want, in any direction. This and a combination of AR may well replace the need for a standard large TV. LEt alone any amazing application in 3d spaces.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#80 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@dzimm said:

@warmblur: "VR is [...] not going away..."

I agree, but it will always be a niche within a niche, an expensive peripheral for the "hardcore" technophile but ignored by everybody else. 10% active use among all gamers across all platforms is a best case scenario. That will still represent millions of units sold, but it's never going to be the runaway success that fanboys want it to be.

For me I hope it doesn't become mainstream I rather have it niche.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Coolyfett

@schu said:
@vfighter said:

can't tell if you're just trolling hard...if VR is so dead then why are so many companies releasing more headsets?

Good Question. HTC & Facebook seem to be very well invested. Interesting in seeing what Nintendo does with it.

Raining51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Raining51
Member since 2016 • 1162 Posts

It's been accepted by the mainstream for awhile now.

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 dzimm

@kali-b1rd said:
@dzimm said:

How the hell does 360 vision not have a bigger place in our futures? How is the functionallity "narrow" when it is literally designed to cover the full range of your eyes... yes its bulky, expensive etc now, but you've already pointed out that in computers and phones this happened over a period of a decade or two with those.

I reckon the more streaming (both steaming content/games and streaming from hardware to headset matures, the quicker small-factor VR headsets will take off. not reliant on anything other than the advancement of tracking.. simple small good quality screens is all that needs to be powered by the headset.

There will come a time when VR will be almost goggle-size and comfortable with a tiny power cable for a cheap price, that will allow the user to have ANY size screen they want, in any direction. This and a combination of AR may well replace the need for a standard large TV. LEt alone any amazing application in 3d spaces.

And 3D glasses are essentially polarized lenses that allow you to perceive a different image with each eye. So what? Just because you can describe technology in a mundane way doesn't mean that the mainstream consumer will suddenly be interested in it. VR will be a niche within a niche. Fact.

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 dzimm
@raining51 said:

It's been accepted by the mainstream for awhile now.

Not according to sales figures.

Avatar image for deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
deactivated-60c3d23d2738e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
Member since 2009 • 3934 Posts
@Pedro said:

Tethered VR is never going to go mainstream.

This.. Wires? Like hell naw.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Kali-B1rd
@dzimm said:
@kali-b1rd said:
@dzimm said:

And 3D glasses are essentially polarized lenses that allow you to perceive a different image with each eye. So what? Just because you can describe technology in a mundane way doesn't mean that the mainstream consumer will suddenly be interested in it. VR will be a niche within a niche. Fact.

That's a completely unfair comparison....... not even remotely comparable.

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 dzimm
@kali-b1rd said:
@dzimm said:
@kali-b1rd said:
@dzimm said:

Keep telling yourself that. ;-)

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Coolyfett

Do gamers feel VR is taking resources away from their "sit on couch" games? Why an animosity toward that format?

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

VR still makes me feel sick. If they have a version that doesn't make me ill, I'd be interested.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Kali-B1rd
@dzimm said:
@kali-b1rd said:
@dzimm said:
@kali-b1rd said:
@dzimm said:

Keep telling yourself that. ;-)

It's ok you seem to using your own advice already, I'l pass.

comparing 3d glasses to vr... ffs.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

And for the low low price of $800 every PS5 will come with PSVR bundle included.

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#92 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2578 Posts

Interesting point in bringing smartphones into the VR context. A proper marriage to that platform will probably have a stronger impact than consoles and PC combined.

Need to have a crack VR entry though.

WhatAFailure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By WhatAFailure
Member since 2017 • 608 Posts

Basically in this thread, the ones who never used VR (or barely used it more than 15-20 minutes) think they know for sure VR is headed for failure. Remember, this is the same exact group who, 3 years ago, said:

- "PSVR will fail so hard and sell the worst!!"

(PSVR sells 4.2 million in less than 3 years and ends up being the best-selling headset)

- "VR will be dead and you will only find it in closets next to Guitar Hero!!"

(Oculus, Valve and many other top manufacturers still announcing new upgraded headsets in 2019. Sony continues their support for PSVR)

- "VR will be a quick-dying fad. No one wants to put something on their head!!"

(Year-On-Year sales have steadily increased. Searches have increased. Youtube views for VR specific videos have increased over the years. Soon, interest in VR and ownership will double and triple)

- "VR needs great graphics to work. If no great graphics, no one will care!!"

(Beatsaber ends up being the best-selling title. Rec Room, Job Simulator, Superhot and many other titles without cutting edge graphics also some of the most popular VR titles)

I ask again, why should we listen to you this time? If you couldn't get the last three years correct, I doubt you'll get the next three.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#94  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@whatafailure said:

Basically in this thread, the ones who never used VR (or barely used it more than 15-20 minutes) think they know for sure VR is headed for failure. Remember, this is the same exact group who, 3 years ago, said:

- "PSVR will fail so hard and sell the worst!!"

(PSVR sells 4.2 million in less than 3 years and ends up being the best-selling headset)

you failed right from the get go homer.

"psvr will fail so hard....."

and it did

4 million is lukewarm. a sea of meh.

/thread

WhatAFailure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By WhatAFailure
Member since 2017 • 608 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

you failed right from the get go homer.

"psvr will fail so hard....."

and it did

4 million is lukewarm. a sea of meh.

/thread

So how many units should have been sold for a $400 peripheral that requires an additional $400 PS4 purchase? (as well as Move controllers for the full experience). How many millions should have been sold in 2.5 years for a growing genre that has few developers compared to traditional console gaming? Keep in mind you and others had a higher sales estimation for PCVR and those cost even more but sold far less.

You know those are good PSVR numbers despite the hurdles it had to face. Would Nintendo have done it better? Because a $400 peripheral outsold a cheap cardboard toy (LABO).

When Switch sells many millions, they have Zelda, Mario and many other familiar, comforting and established franchises and characters to lean on to help them in their goal (and not to mention Wii U ports galore!). Not exactly easy for VR. You can't just turn Uncharted, Spider-Man, God of War and Horizon: Zero Dawn into VR that easily. Even harder when those developers are concentrating on 2D games, because that is what they have experience with. You expecting VR to sell the exact same numbers like a 2D game when there's far less games to play?

And this thread is more about VR moving from Gen 1 to (soon) Gen 2, and what it has accomplished in three years. The fact that it's moving on to a new generation at all (not dead) and that VR games are growing in size, and the fact that new VR headsets are still getting made, means your thinking is meh. NO U

MindJustMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By MindJustMe
Member since 2019 • 1 Posts

Just got onto the site and this topic seems very interesting to me. Guys, I recently listened to the latest podcast on this site: https://www.firewall.media/episodes It has something to do with VR as such and probably a step forward to substitute it with something even more advanced. What do you think about this start up and their idea? Will it be even feasible for regular users?

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Calvincfb
Member since 2018 • 0 Posts

I don't see why some people hate VR. For a bunch of people who claim to like immersive experience this makes no sense.

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By dzimm

My local Microcenter recently took down its sizeable VR demo area due to lack of interest from customers and replaced it with a traditional multi-monitor racing chair setup.

But, right, VR is destined for mainstream success. Haha!

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#99 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44295 Posts

@mindjustme: Don’t bump old threads with spam.

DarthBuzzard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 DarthBuzzard

@dzimm said:

My local Microcenter recently took down its sizeable VR demo area due to lack of interest from customers and replaced it with a traditional multi-monitor racing chair setup.

But, right, VR is destined for mainstream success. Haha!

And yet Best Buy and Target have put up lots of new demos cancelling out your Microsoft Store.

Microsoft will probably be doing the same to their HoloLens demos as well. Does that mean AR is dead?