Vita's graphics are sick!

• 97 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
The problem I have with the Vita is to actually play a game on it (minus the cost of the game) one must pay a extra $20 to $50 (or more) to get Sony's specific memory card.. Oh no you can't use a SD card like you can do with anything else.. And Sony has the balls to charge $250 for the Vita and not even give a entry level memory card for it..
PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18800 Posts
[QUOTE="topgunmv"]

Finally got my hands on one at a gamestop today.

Graphics looked pretty good, but man, the analog sticks suck.

yeah people lied about vita's analog stick being dualshock like. So far PSP's nub>>>>>> vita sticks.
RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts
Yeah the graphics look good.
cjuncto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 cjuncto
Member since 2012 • 199 Posts

Yeah the graphics look good. RoslindaleOne

Good for jaggies, sub hd, low frame rates, etc.

todd2r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 todd2r
Member since 2009 • 2615 Posts
I see the hate is still going strong.
RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts

[QUOTE="RoslindaleOne"]Yeah the graphics look good. cjuncto

Good for jaggies, sub hd, low frame rates, etc.

Agreed. The graphics look bad.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#57 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
[QUOTE="PSP107"][QUOTE="topgunmv"]

yeah people lied about vita's analog stick being dualshock like. So far PSP's nub>>>>>> vita sticks.

The PSP nub is horrible.
cjuncto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 cjuncto

Sweet, glad we agree pumps fist. Only good looking Vita game is Gravity Rush and that is due to art style. Same reason Wind Waker looks good on GC when the Xbox was the most powerful console.

Futurama rules btw nice avatar

[QUOTE="PSP107"][QUOTE="topgunmv"]

SpruceCaboose

The PSP nub is horrible.

Atleast it was sturdy.

I returned three vitas so far... The analogs snap like twigs.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 SpruceCaboose

Sweet, glad we agree pumps fist. Only good looking Vita game is Gravity Rush and that is due to art style. Same reason Wind Waker looks good on GC when the Xbox was the most powerful console.

[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"][QUOTE="PSP107"] yeah people lied about vita's analog stick being dualshock like. So far PSP's nub>>>>>> vita sticks.cjuncto

The PSP nub is horrible.

Atleast it was sturdy.

Yeah, since the nub was rarely touched, I didn't have much worry of wearing it out lol. And seriously? Three? How hard do you push those sticks?
cjuncto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 cjuncto

[QUOTE="cjuncto"]

[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"] The PSP nub is horrible.SpruceCaboose

Atleast it was sturdy.

Yeah, since the nub was rarely touched, I didn't have much worry of wearing it out lol. And seriously? Three? How hard do you push those sticks?

As hard as my 360 sticks but Sony likes to cheapen out on their products.

You could replace the little nubs on the PSP and the batteries. The Vita packs a flameable battery and brittle sticks that can not be replaced and you have to mail to them making them money.

Sony has been and will always be the king of kicking the consumer in the face. Atleast Microsoft repaired RROD for free.

SRTtoZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 SRTtoZ
Member since 2009 • 4800 Posts

[QUOTE="cjuncto"]

Atleast it was sturdy.

He's lying.

I been following the Official thread on Neogaf since release and not a single person mentioned a broken stick. Keep in mind the Official thread is up to 900+ pages since release. Ive put about 40+ hours into mine so far without issue. He's a trolling and very bad at it.

cjuncto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 cjuncto

[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"][QUOTE="cjuncto"]

Atleast it was sturdy.

SRTtoZ

He's lying.

I been following the Official thread on Neogaf since release and not a single person mentioned a broken stick. Keep in mind the Official thread is up to 900+ pages since release. Ive put about 40+ hours into mine so far without issue. He's a trolling and very bad at it.

Because fans are going to admit when their consoles break... Remember YLOD,hinge break, and RROD deniers???

Only one of my friends with Vita did not break their sticks. I have had my sticks break and went through multiple Vitas and many others have as well

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 SpruceCaboose

Atleast Microsoft repaired RROD for free.

cjuncto

For a while, but ok. And I checked online, and it seems like Vita sticks breaking is a pretty rare occurrence. You sure you aren't just rough on controllers?

cjuncto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 cjuncto

[QUOTE="cjuncto"] Atleast Microsoft repaired RROD for free.

SpruceCaboose

For a while, but ok. And I checked online, and it seems like Vita sticks breaking is a pretty rare occurrence. You sure you aren't just rough on controllers?

Maybe because Sony censors the press, remember the Ratchet and Clank review fiasco?

Anyways I do not need your trust but I want all lurkers to be warned that the Vita is very fragile and to avoid it at all costs.

SRTtoZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 SRTtoZ

[QUOTE="SRTtoZ"]

[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"] Yeah, since the nub was rarely touched, I didn't have much worry of wearing it out lol. And seriously? Three? How hard do you push those sticks?cjuncto

He's lying.

Because fans are going to admit when their consoles break... Remember YLOD,hinge break, and RROD deniers???

Only one of my friends with Vita did not break their sticks. I have had my sticks break and went through multiple Vitas and many others have as well

What? I cant even take you a little bit serious. You dont have a Vita, stop being a weirdo.

2ndly, MS HAD to repair RROD for free because 50% of 360's were breaking. YLOD happens about 5% of the time like every other mechanical failure in the history of ELECTRONICS.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 SpruceCaboose

[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]

cjuncto

Maybe because Sony censors the press, remember the Ratchet and Clank review fiasco?

Anyways I do not need your trust but I want all lurkers to be warned that the Vita is very fragile and to avoid it at all costs.

I wasn't accusing you of lying. I just asked if you were rough on controllers. And I never said I looked at media outlets. And you cannot seriously suggest that Sony censors forums and blogs?
cjuncto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 cjuncto

[QUOTE="cjuncto"]

[QUOTE="SRTtoZ"]

He's lying.

SRTtoZ

What? I cant even take you a little bit serious. You dont have a Vita, stop being a weirdo.

2ndly, MS HAD to repair RROD for free because 50% of 360's were breaking. YLOD happens about 5% of the time like every other mechanical failure in the history of ELECTRONICS.

Listen I am not going to accuse you of being a Sony employee because I think that is not against the rules for them to post here but I am not going to doubt you are one.

The YLOD was higher than 5%... 5% was around the Wii failure rate and is low for electronics.

The point is that Microsoft dilegently went to service to their consumer while Sony sits around expecting money thrown at them... Remember disc read errors?

SRTtoZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 SRTtoZ

SpruceCaboose

Lol dude stop talking to him. Let me quote him in an earlier thread.

Ready for this???

Iphone, asthetically you become an outcase playing a hardcore game console. I do not want to cause bystandards observing me eye damage so as public service I will keep the beast known as the 3DS and its gargantuan analog add on confined in my lair. The vita I do not want to be gyroing and touching **** in front of others since nearly all of the line up contains the "gimmicks" cows bashed the DS and 3DS for I would feel like a hypocrite as well and playing the Vita would damage my credibility. Tablet looks the best but if you are doing something that is rather embarrassing it is more visible but you definitely appear more enlightened using a Tablet. Touch is the same as the Iphone except I can not pick up smoking hot potentials numbers. cjuncto

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 SpruceCaboose

[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]

[QUOTE="cjuncto"] For a while, but ok. And I checked online, and it seems like Vita sticks breaking is a pretty rare occurrence. You sure you aren't just rough on controllers?

SRTtoZ

Ready for this???

Iphone, asthetically you become an outcase playing a hardcore game console. I do not want to cause bystandards observing me eye damage so as public service I will keep the beast known as the 3DS and its gargantuan analog add on confined in my lair. The vita I do not want to be gyroing and touching **** in front of others since nearly all of the line up contains the "gimmicks" cows bashed the DS and 3DS for I would feel like a hypocrite as well and playing the Vita would damage my credibility. Tablet looks the best but if you are doing something that is rather embarrassing it is more visible but you definitely appear more enlightened using a Tablet. Touch is the same as the Iphone except I can not pick up smoking hot potentials numbers. cjuncto

Decent detecting Batman.
cjuncto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 cjuncto

[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"] For a while, but ok. And I checked online, and it seems like Vita sticks breaking is a pretty rare occurrence. You sure you aren't just rough on controllers?

SRTtoZ

Ready for this???

Iphone, asthetically you become an outcase playing a hardcore game console. I do not want to cause bystandards observing me eye damage so as public service I will keep the beast known as the 3DS and its gargantuan analog add on confined in my lair.The vita I do not wantto be gyroing and touching **** in front of others since nearly all of the line up contains the "gimmicks" cows bashed the DS and 3DS forI would feel like a hypocrite as well and playing the Vita would damage my credibility.Tablet looks the best but if you are doing something that is rather embarrassing it is more visible but you definitely appear more enlightened using a Tablet. Touch is the same as the Iphone except I can not pick up smoking hot potentials numbers. cjuncto

Lmao that was from what handheld you would prefer to play in public... Nice try though by bolding those big red letters to misrepresent my post but you could have done better... maybe if you try harder you can get a promotion.

p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts
[QUOTE="cjuncto"]

Atleast it was sturdy.

Depends on the type of games you play I used psp analog everyday just has I am vita's
SRTtoZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 SRTtoZ

[QUOTE="SRTtoZ"]

[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]

cjuncto

Lmao that was from what handheld you would prefer to play in public... Nice try though by bolding those big red letters to misrepresent my post but you could have done better... maybe if you try harder you can get a promotion.

Another GEM! LOL

It cut off the second part, I never saw a Mario hold I LOVE 3DS!

Vita is a disaster and sony is so desperate.

cjuncto

Trolololololol!!!!!

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 SpruceCaboose
[QUOTE="p4s2p0"] Depends on the type of games you play I used psp analog all the just has I am vita's

When I was playing the PSP, it was for TRPGs, racers like WipEout, Ratchet & Clank, and puzzlers like Lumines and Crush. Oh, and the GTA games.
cjuncto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 cjuncto
So because I like the 3DS and admitted that the Vita sales were atrocious? Try hard again... Do you not want to be promoted or something?
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50587 Posts

[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]

cjuncto

What fiasco?
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 SpruceCaboose
[QUOTE="cjuncto"]

SRTtoZ

Trolololololol!!!!!

To be fair, I owned and said just about the same thing about the PSP. I was not a fan of the system, even though I loved some of the games on it. That said, claiming you to be a Sony employee seems odd to me, and I was likewise unable to find many reports of busted sticks on the Vita.
SRTtoZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 SRTtoZ

[QUOTE="p4s2p0"] Depends on the type of games you play I used psp analog all the just has I am vita'sSpruceCaboose
When I was playing the PSP, it was for TRPGs, racers like WipEout, Ratchet & Clank, and puzzlers like Lumines and Crush. Oh, and the GTA games.

Lumines is absolutely amazing on the Vita. I just got my new high score tonight of 350,000, I know not that great but I'm new :(

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 SpruceCaboose
[QUOTE="cjuncto"]

[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"] For a while, but ok. And I checked online, and it seems like Vita sticks breaking is a pretty rare occurrence. You sure you aren't just rough on controllers?

Chutebox

What fiasco?

I think he means the one referenced in the Jeff G thread about the Future review.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 SpruceCaboose

[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"][QUOTE="p4s2p0"] Depends on the type of games you play I used psp analog all the just has I am vita'sSRTtoZ

Lumines is absolutely amazing on the Vita. I just got my new high score tonight of 350,000, I know not that great but I'm new :(

Lumines and WipEout are the only reasons I want a Vita, and they are compelling. But I haven't used a handheld outside my house in years, so I just don't think I will. I mostly use a Kindle and read while I am out and about (I know, boring old man here), and game at home.
SRTtoZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 SRTtoZ

[QUOTE="SRTtoZ"][QUOTE="cjuncto"]

SpruceCaboose

Trolololololol!!!!!

To be fair, I owned and said just about the same thing about the PSP. I was not a fan of the system, even though I loved some of the games on it. That said, claiming you to be a Sony employee seems odd to me, and I was likewise unable to find many reports of busted sticks on the Vita.

Yea but theres a way to go about it. All it takes is 2 seconds to look through his history and see he trolls every sony thread. I have him on ignore now anyway so I cant see anymore of his posts. Regardless both the 3DS and Vita are great systems, I'm not insecure to admit that. And I WISH I worked for Sony.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50587 Posts

[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="cjuncto"]

SpruceCaboose

What fiasco?

I think he means the one referenced in the Jeff G thread about the Future review.

He said his management, not Sony. Unless I'm missing something here.

cjuncto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 cjuncto

[QUOTE="cjuncto"]

Chutebox

What fiasco?

Sony threw a huge hissy fit when Ratchet and Clank got lower than a 10/10.

SRTtoZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 SRTtoZ

[QUOTE="SRTtoZ"]

[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"] When I was playing the PSP, it was for TRPGs, racers like WipEout, Ratchet & Clank, and puzzlers like Lumines and Crush. Oh, and the GTA games.SpruceCaboose

Lumines and WipEout are the only reasons I want a Vita, and they are compelling. But I haven't used a handheld outside my house in years, so I just don't think I will. I mostly use a Kindle and read while I am out and about (I know, boring old man here), and game at home.

I never ever bring handhelds outside. The only time I ever take it anywhere is Vacation or a long road trip, I like being able to watch TV and play a game at the same time...espeically since I'm an avid sports fan. There's nothing like watching the Yankees and playing MLB the show at the same time.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 SpruceCaboose

[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"][QUOTE="SRTtoZ"]

Trolololololol!!!!!

SRTtoZ

Yea but theres a way to go about it. All it takes is 2 seconds to look through his history and see he trolls every sony thread. I have him on ignore now anyway so I cant see anymore of his posts. Regardless both the 3DS and Vita are great systems, I'm not insecure to admit that. And I WISH I worked for Sony.

Yeah, as a techie, I would jump to work for Sony, MS, or Ninty. Or Google or even Apple (and I hate Apple stuff as of now lol). The great minds there would be neat for me.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 SpruceCaboose

He said his management, not Sony. Unless I'm missing something here.

Chutebox

I believe you are right.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 SpruceCaboose

I never ever bring handhelds outside. The only time I ever take it anywhere is Vacation or a long road trip, I like being able to watch TV and play a game at the same time...espeically since I'm an avid sports fan. There's nothing like watching the Yankees and playing MLB the show at the same time.

SRTtoZ
My wife would kill me, but I know exactly what you mean. "Sure honey, I am watching Idol *stealth racing WipEout*"
p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts
The point is that Microsoft dilegently went to service to their consumer while Sony sits around expecting money thrown at them... Remember disc read errors?cjuncto
Problem is ms didn't own up to the hardware failure rate tell after lawsuits once exposed ms had to do something or look even worse. I remember press asking ms about failure rate percentage and ms wouldn't say, like they were in denial. I don't have trouble with sony or nintendo consoles just the way I like it.
93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#89 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

And overrated.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18800 Posts
[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"][QUOTE="PSP107"][QUOTE="topgunmv"]

The PSP nub is horrible.

they aren't horrible.
MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

Sheesh, system warriors don't even need a reason to hate Sony anymore :P

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#92 GrayF0X786
Member since 2012 • 4185 Posts
i'd get one when they find a way to get the battery life over 3 hours.....
SRTtoZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 SRTtoZ

i'd get one when they find a way to get the battery life over 3 hours.....GrayF0X786

Go buy one. the battery life is about 4.5 hours with max brightness/wifi/bluetooth etc.

tjricardo089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 tjricardo089
Member since 2010 • 7429 Posts

For a handheld, yes they're good.

HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#95 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts

Good but still sticking with the 3DS for now. I will just pick up PSV when the second model comes out.

FashionFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 FashionFreak
Member since 2004 • 2326 Posts

but does it play Doom 2?

superapo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points