Vita needs redesign, price drop, relevant exclusives

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

Like stated above - the Vita needs to be redesigned to smaller form factor and get a price drop and more "big" exclusives if Sony want it to become relevant and competitive.

It's just too big and clunky as it is and it has no exclusives that would attract the masses (like for example an exclusive MGS, GTA, GT or Monster Hunter).

It also needs more color variations, not just the dull black one.

I'm writing this because I think I like the PSP over the Vita, as it currently stands.

And I think many share a similar view.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
I think Sony already said they were redesigning it, might be wrong though. The games thing I totally agree, I wanted MH and a GT game but doesn't look like they'll happen any time soon.
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#3 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
Gee, you like a seven year old handheld over a new one? Shocker. Anyways, water is wet, more at 11.
MercenaryMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MercenaryMafia
Member since 2011 • 2917 Posts
Price drop and exclusives - Yes Redesign - No
danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 danish-death
Member since 2004 • 5314 Posts

Like stated above - the Vita needs to be redesigned to smaller form factor and get a price drop and more "big" exclusives if Sony want it to become relevant and competitive.

It's just too big and clunky as it is and it has no exclusives that would attract the masses (like for example an exclusive MGS, GTA, GT or Monster Hunter).

I'm writing this because I think I like the PSP over the Vita, as it currently stands.

nameless12345
What sort of magic did Nintendo pull within the first 7 month of the 3DS?
nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

[QUOTE="nameless12345"]

danish-death

That's quite easy to answer - price drop.

KiZZo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 KiZZo1
Member since 2007 • 3989 Posts

They should make it smaller, remove one analog stick and downclock the processor. Then it will sell.

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

I think the Vita is fine in hardware wise, but the OS needs changing due to bad user interface. I much prefer the look of the XMB from PS3.

It does need more exclusives, yes, just like the Xbox 360.

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

They should make it smaller, remove one analog stick and downclock the processor. Then it will sell.

KiZZo1

:|

danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 danish-death

[QUOTE="danish-death"][QUOTE="nameless12345"]

nameless12345

That's quite easy to answer - price drop.

I was thinking more in terms of games. The 3DS owners didn't receive jack-sh1t the first half year. Just ask any owner on this board. The price drop is NOT going to happen this year. All we can hope on is maybe some nice bundles.
CooperThief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 CooperThief
Member since 2009 • 648 Posts

KiZZo1

XWAvo.gif

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

[QUOTE="KiZZo1"]

GamerwillzPS

I think it was meant to be a reference to the 3DS

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="KiZZo1"]

lostrib

I think it was meant to be a reference to the 3DS

It was supposed to be a reference to the 3DS.

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts
Just got my 3DS XL today and between it and the PS Vita, I'm done with smaller handhelds. If you have tiny hands I could see why you'd want a smaller handheld. There are also ways to get around having to carry it in your pocket with specially made bags / cases. Price drop isn't happening yet and revelant exclusives well, that's a perspective thing. PS Vita exclusives are fine. There just needs to be alot more of then down the pipeline.
-Patrick_92-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 -Patrick_92-
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts

The hardware does not not need a redesign, the price could use a drop to boost sales (along side the price of memory sticks getting a reduction), the exclusives are fine, and in my opinion the Vita has had a better year in terms of games than the 3DS had in it's first year.

The bundles that Sony has put together should also increase sales during the holidays:

79UiY.jpg

9591ee304b7faa0ba133bfbebd18897f.png

PS_VITA_LittleBigPlanet_3D_ENG-Medium.jp

maddennfl13playstationvitabundle1-1024x1

I believe they are all $250 and come with a 4gig memory card (with the exception of Madden). Oh and the LBP Vita bundle might only be for Europe.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#17 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
[QUOTE="nameless12345"]

danish-death

The Vita is 10 months old by now :P Nintendo had announced a price cut five months after the 3DS's launch to fix its performance in the market. Just correcting some facts :)
joel_c17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 joel_c17
Member since 2005 • 3206 Posts
People r holding off buying it because they are expecting a price drop - they dont wanna get burnt like all those sheep did with the 3ds
Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts

[QUOTE="nameless12345"]

It's just too big and clunky

Slashkice

rmyzhclsfb.gif

It's the most comfortable handheld I've ever used. The only thing it needs out of a redesign is a HDD.

It is too big I agree...

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

The hardware does not not need a redesign, the price could use a drop to boost sales (along side the price of memory sticks getting a reduction), the exclusives are fine, and in my opinion the Vita has had a better year in terms of games than the 3DS had in it's first year.

The bundles that Sony has put together should also increase sales during the holidays:

79UiY.jpg

I believe they are all $250 and come with a 4gig memory card (with the exception of Madden). Oh and the LBP Vita bundle might only be for Europe.

-Patrick_92-

thats the bundle im getting. I mean for 250 its a dang good price since your basicly getting a free game and memory card. I also pre ordered ragnarok odssey mecernay edition. I also bought shinobido 2 and picked up mk for 10 bucks.

Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Dark_Knight6
Member since 2006 • 16619 Posts

It doesn't seem to need a redesign. From the little bit I've played it, the only thing that felt weird was the analog sticks. But I imagine you grow used to them quickly. What I'd like is a price reduction, internal storage, and an expanded game library. As it stands, I can't really justify paying $250 plus at least another $15 for a memory card just to play, uh, Gravity Rush?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
Redesign? Stop wearing your girlfriends skinny jeans and it fits in your pocket fine.
Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6060 Posts
What it needs is a longer future release list to get people excited. I like how when the 3ds launched Nintendo kept showing montages to show people what was in store for the system in the upcoming months.
Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts
Lemming, Sheep or Hermit? The design is fine, it just needs an HDD. A price drop would be nice and would help, it has good games. However,it needs a few more exclusives and needs to be advertised better. It's mostly the advertising and price that hurt it, not the design.
ebrezzy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ebrezzy1
Member since 2012 • 1427 Posts

Really ? The Vita's design make the 3DS look like its made from fisher price . Relevant exclusives ? madden assassins creed call of duty ? whats been more relevant then those series this gen ? Price drop !?! We can all agree its a high starting price no doubt and everyone is waiting on what they seen Nintendo do to get the 3DS to sell . Sony can't drop that price without taking more of a hit . Just cuz they drop the price and it sells more don't mean they are doing better . They would be doing worse if they did a price drop ... thats why there hasn't been one . Just wait it out people ... just wait it out . Its only a two team race there is enough sales to go around . The psp and ds are still viable options currently . You may not see it on the spread sheet but the used system market for those gotta be pretty high right now as there prices are at an all time low .

Grawse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Grawse
Member since 2010 • 4342 Posts
Redesign? Stop wearing your girlfriends skinny jeans and it fits in your pocket fine.darkspineslayer
Maybe if you're over 300 pounds and wear XXL pants. The thing is a tank, you would look like the biggest goof waking around with that thing in your pocket. Even in my jacket it looks funny. I always bring my backpack when I take it out lol.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts

nameless12345

lol no..

quickposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 quickposter
Member since 2010 • 1735 Posts

Price drop and exclusives - Yes Redesign - NoMercenaryMafia

It does need a redesign. Make the battery removeable and down with the memory cards. Unless that happens its going to sink.

danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 danish-death
[QUOTE="danish-death"][QUOTE="nameless12345"]

charizard1605

The Vita is 10 months old by now :P Nintendo had announced a price cut five months after the 3DS's launch to fix its performance in the market. Just correcting some facts :)

See my second post d:
ddlcpc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ddlcpc
Member since 2007 • 887 Posts

I want RPG....

PCgameruk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 PCgameruk
Member since 2012 • 2273 Posts

Being as i have a vita i think your wrong.

Redesign? No.. The vita looks great and controles great.

Price drop? No.. The vita is extremely powerful device. It runs current gen engines while the 3ds version uses older engines and has lots of features taken out. FIFA is an example. The asking price for vita is more than acceptable if you compare it spec wise to the 3DS XL.

FIFA-12-Shows-Off-Nintendo-Wii-and-3DS-S

FIFA-VITA-001.jpg

Games? Ofc... But they are coming.

My biggest problem with the vita is the memory card prices and remote play lies.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#33 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

A Redesign!?

NO The Vita is the best Handheld ever to be made! It was bulky at first, but it's not bad now.

The Vita is in everyway shape and form better than the PSP and the 3DS, EXCEPT for one thing. It does NOT have the same Library the 3DS has AND it doesn't have certain PSP titles on the store (Square NEEDS to put Birth By Sleep on the Store!).

Good thing the Vita is getting some Heavy Hitters this Fall.

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 FlamesOfGrey

A Redesign!?

NO The Vita is the best Handheld ever to be made! It was bulky at first, but it's not bad now.

The Vita is in everyway shape and form better than the PSP and the 3DS, EXCEPT for one thing. It does NOT have the same Library the 3DS has AND it doesn't have certain PSP titles on the store (Square NEEDS to put Birth By Sleep on the Store!).

LegatoSkyheart
Sqaure Is NEVER putting Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep on the PSN store because Disney doesn't want them to. They need to put up Crisis Core FF7, Valkyrie Profile PSP, and Star Ocean 1 & 2 PSP though.
Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#35 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

From what I've seen, the Vita doesn't need a redesign.

Agree with the other two.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#36 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

A Redesign!?

FlamesOfGrey

Sqaure Is NEVER putting Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep on the PSN store because Disney doesn't want them to. They need to put up Crisis Core FF7, Valkyrie Profile PSP, and Star Ocean 1 & 2 PSP though.

freakin' hate that.

The Vita would make BBS better!

and those games are on the store I thought.

p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts
[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"]Redesign? Stop wearing your girlfriends skinny jeans and it fits in your pocket fine.Grawse
Maybe if you're over 300 pounds and wear XXL pants. The thing is a tank, you would look like the biggest goof waking around with that thing in your pocket. Even in my jacket it looks funny. I always bring my backpack when I take it out lol.

Nope I'm 140 and vita fits and looks fine in my pocket.
Pittfan666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#38 Pittfan666
Member since 2003 • 8638 Posts
The problem is that the people want tablets nowadays. Why spend 300 on a Vita when you can just spend an extra hundred to get an ipad? The ipad gives you the cool factor that makes you fit into society while the vita makes you look like a nerd.
abuabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 abuabed
Member since 2005 • 6606 Posts
The design is great, it only needs some more games for me to buy.
p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts

[QUOTE="MercenaryMafia"]Price drop and exclusives - Yes Redesign - Noquickposter

It does need a redesign. Make the battery removeable and down with the memory cards. Unless that happens its going to sink.

Removable battery would be nice but many devices get by fine without it. Memory cards will go down in price as time goes on.
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#41 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

I disagree with your design tidbit, but I agree with the rest. But Vita is getting a better library,and you can play PS1 classics on it, that means portable FF7 hell ya!

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts
Yes it does. I can't believe Sony is content with it moving (possibly) 3 million units worldwide in its first full year. That's absolutely atrocious and a price drop/redesign around/after E3 2013 may not be enough to save it. I mean, I'm sure E3 2013 will focus on the PS4 so where does the Vita fit into any of this? Honestly the gap between the Vita and 3DS is getting worse and worse every day and Sony doesn't seem keen on helping it at all. Which is sad since it is a great piece of tech and has so much potential. You'd have to be out of your mind as a developer/publisher to support a handheld console with poor software sales and only 3-5 million users in 2013. I'm not trying to upset any Vita fans but it's just that inevitable. If there isn't money to be made there then this will happen. Once again though I expect it to turn around a bit this Xmas and I hope for an early 2013 price drop
FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 FlamesOfGrey

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"][QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

A Redesign!?

LegatoSkyheart

freakin' hate that.

Nope, none of those games are on the PSN PSP / PS Vita store. I believe Crisis Core FF7 was on PSN at one point (can't exactly remember) but it definitely hasn't been for the past couple of years.
Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

Size comparison

I think design wise it is perfectly fine, I had no problems with the original PSP. It is more important that they build up a userbase first, a price drop could get that rolling. Add a few decent first party titles and more devs will jump on board. It is actually a pretty nice handheld, but as I own a 3DS I don't really have much need for another, but a decent price drop may just get me on board... maybe.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts
Its design was nearly perfect, though they can make it a bit slimmer while pushing the analog a bit further from the buttons. Games, yes definitely. Price drop, I'm more concerned about the memory card price, freaking expensive.
platniumgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 platniumgamer
Member since 2011 • 3960 Posts

the vita already died...

imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts
The real problem with the vita are these things call smartphones that have games that look just as good and many of the games are much better and the vita doesn't even have a half decent web browser. Oh and I'm not talking about simple games but games like mass effect, shadow gun, nova 3 etc.
Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"][QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

A Redesign!?

LegatoSkyheart

freakin' hate that.

Mitt-Romney-Sucks-Here%E2%80%99s-Why-Pho

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts
The redesign will cost you less, but it won't maintain the same overall quality. Sony is notorious for this. The only exception is the ps3slim, which is of higher quality than the original.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
The real problem with the vita are these things call smartphones that have games that look just as good and many of the games are much better and the vita doesn't even have a half decent web browser. Oh and I'm not talking about simple games but games like mass effect, shadow gun, nova 3 etc. imprezawrx500
It's funny because of how wrong you are. Visuals are compatible sure, but if graphics are everything to you then why are you on a handheld? Smartphones are the Dr. Seuss to Nintendo's Steven King and Sony's Shakespeare.