Vita is only 4 AA's behind the 3DS. Its library is hardly getting killed

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

burgeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 0

#1 burgeg
Member since 2005 • 3599 Posts

Remember just before the Vita launched, and 3DS had a grand total of 8 AA's? Remember how the 3DS library was being super praised? Yeah, well Vita has that already. Says it all, doesn't it? Not to mention it has the only handheld AAA of the gen, and has a very big chance of getting a second when LBP comes out next month. It's been out year longer and to this day it only has 4 more AA's than Vita. Talk sales all you want. Say it's flopping in sales all you want. Talk about Sony's non existant marketing. But anyone that actually tries to argue the Vita has a horrible games library has absolutely no credibility whatsoever, especially if they're praising the 3DS. And this myth that it has no games coming? I suppose big games like LBP, AC and COD don't count, right? But I wouldn't expect logic or reason here. The majority of the Vita hate is blind. Possibly more blind than the COD hate, and that's saying something.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

Most people are talking about software selling hardware

End thread.

backtowar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 backtowar
Member since 2011 • 289 Posts

Remember just before the Vita launched, and 3DS had a grand total of 8 AA's? Remember how the 3DS library was being super praised? Yeah, well Vita has that already. Says it all, doesn't it? Not to mention it has the only handheld AAA of the gen, and has a very big chance of getting a second when LBP comes out next month. It's been out year longer and to this day it only has 4 more AA's than Vita. Talk sales all you want. Say it's flopping in sales all you want. Talk about Sony's non existant marketing. But anyone that actually tries to argue the Vita has a horrible games library has absolutely no credibility whatsoever, especially if they're praising the 3DS. And this myth that it has no games coming? I suppose big games like LBP, AC and COD don't count, right? But I wouldn't expect logic or reason here. The majority of the Vita hate is blind. Possibly more blind than the COD hate, and that's saying something.

burgeg

its not about scores, its about games buddy..
i'm not sold on console portable ports :roll:

pos: MK7 & kid icarus are AAAE IMO

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7fb49ded561
deactivated-5d7fb49ded561

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5d7fb49ded561
Member since 2010 • 4019 Posts

burgeg

LOL the 3DS has been owned, nice post

Also I have played the 3DS in a gamestore a few days ago it was horrible. 3D sucks, games are simplistic and childish (just what you can expect from Nintendo), and none of the games looked appealing whatsoever

burgeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#5 burgeg
Member since 2005 • 3599 Posts

End thread.

super600

No they aren't. People don't just put the Vita down for lacking system sellers to the masses. As I've said people can talk about sales all they want. They put the Vita down by literally saying it has no good games, which is laughable and completely untrue.

And yes, I do own both a 3DS and a Vita.

backtowar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 backtowar
Member since 2011 • 289 Posts

[QUOTE="burgeg"]

Davekeeh

Also I have played the 3DS in a gamestore a few days ago it was horrible. 3D sucks, games are simplistic and childish (just what you can expect from Nintendo), and none of the games looked appealing whatsoever

3DS doesnt suck, beeing poor as you & have to play games in a game store (jajaja) sucks..
you cant judge a console by playng it in a store (jajaja)
you have been owned dude

E_Razr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 E_Razr
Member since 2012 • 44 Posts

[QUOTE="super600"]

End thread.

burgeg

No they aren't. People don't just put the Vita down for lacking system sellers to the masses. As I've said people can talk about sales all they want. They put the Vita down by literally saying it has no good games, which is laughable and completely untrue.

The simple fact of the matter is the Vita had a great bunch of launch games but it''s future is looking very weak with almost no third party support so who in their right mind would drop $250+ for a handheld which may as well go the way of the PSP-GO. The 3DS on the other hand may have had weak launch games but has lots of third party support and awesome games already out and coming so anyone with a bit of sense of their moneys worth chooses the 3DS over the VITA.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 super600  Moderator

[QUOTE="super600"]

End thread.

burgeg

Yes!They do.And the vita has good or great games, but no system sellers yet.The AC or COD game that will be releasing in the holiday season for the handheld will probably sell terribly to.

Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Blake135
Member since 2008 • 3994 Posts

Vita might at the moment have a *decent* library of games, but at the end it is who has the biggest gimmick or system seller. And 3DS has Mario, Monster Hunter, Resident Evil. Those alone will sell WAY more Hardware then the Vita ever could, To say Sony is not trying to give Vita owners good games is laughable however clearly they are dragging their feet when it comes to Killer Selling Games, if they didn't drag their feet and made a deal for a exclusive Monster Hunter, and chucked money at Activision to make the Call Of Duty Ps Vita game to make it actually decent then hell they might be in the millions sold.

But Sony..I don't obviously want them to go under but something SERIOUSLY needs to be done about the management of the Company, its bleeding money and seriously fire your whole Marketing sector cause they suck..

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 super600  Moderator

Vita might at the moment have a *decent* library of games, but at the end it is who has the biggest gimmick or system seller. And 3DS has Mario, Monster Hunter, Resident Evil. Those alone will sell WAY more Hardware then the Vita ever could, To say Sony is not trying to give Vita owners good games is laughable however clearly they are dragging their feet when it comes to Killer Selling Games, if they didn't drag their feet and made a deal for a exclusive Monster Hunter, and chucked money at Activision to make the Call Of Duty Ps Vita game to make it actually decent then hell they might be in the millions sold.

But Sony..I don't obviously want them to go under but something SERIOUSLY needs to be done about the management of the Company, its bleeding money and seriously fire your whole Marketing sector cause they suck..

Blake135

I agree.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#11 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

as it stands, my 3DS currently has about 14-15 retail titles.

If I had bought the rest of the titles for the Vita that I wanted I would have maybe 7, at the moment I have 3.

Seems the 3DS just has more games bub.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5d7fb49ded561

[QUOTE="Davekeeh"]

[QUOTE="burgeg"]

backtowar

3DS doesnt suck, beeing poor as you & have to play games in a game store (jajaja) sucks..
you have been owned dude

LOL poor delusional sheep, can't admit that his handheld is garbage with kiddy games only. Go play some pokémon LOL

E_Razr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 E_Razr

[QUOTE="backtowar"]

[QUOTE="Davekeeh"]

Davekeeh

you have been owned dude

LOL poor delusional sheep, can't admit that his handheld is garbage with kiddy games only. Go play some pokémon LOL

It seems you are the kid here a mature person just plays what he enjoys not caring about rating or what everyone else thinks. So go back to your immature so called mature games and come back when you''re past puberty kid.

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts

If I had bought the rest of the titles for the Vita that I wanted I would have maybe 7, at the moment I have 3.

LegatoSkyheart
Considering it has a year on the Vita if it didn't have more games, that would be terrible. All systems that launch earlier have more games, that a standard fact since it has had more development time for its games.
E_Razr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 E_Razr

[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

FlamesOfGrey

Considering it has a year on the Vita if it didn't have more games, that would be terrible. All systems that launch earlier have more games, that a standard fact since it has had more development time for its games.

the fact of the matter is the VITA doesn''t have third party support so don''t count on many games in the future if the sales don''t pick up soon. The VITA is another PSP-GO and will be pulled from the market if things keep up like this.

Avatar image for hiphop_quotable
hiphop_quotable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hiphop_quotable
Member since 2006 • 362 Posts

Wow this became a sells thread quickly.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#17 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

FlamesOfGrey

would have thought more titles would have came out for the system by now.

Oh well, I found out Persona 4 will come out to the Vita so the list is rising.

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 FlamesOfGrey

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"][QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

E_Razr

the fact of the matter is the VITA doesn''t have third party support so don''t count on many games in the future if the sales don''t pick up soon. The VITA is another PSP-GO and will be pulled from the market if things keep up like this.

Well we'll see what Sony can do as it's still launch year (Only 6 months out in the U.S. / Europe). No system has a great launch year ever so, until the PS Vita fails in it's 2nd year, I won't be hopping on the gloom and doom train everyone is on. The 2nd year of a system is when we start to see where the line-up is truely going. 3DS launch year was mediocore only being salvaged by 2 Mario games by end's year. Now it's doing well. I think I'll give a system more then 6 months.

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FlamesOfGrey

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"][QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

LegatoSkyheart

would have thought more titles would have came out for the system by now.

Oh well, I found out Persona 4 will come out to the Vita so the list is rising.

You do realize you're talking about a 6 month old system here right? If you can point me to a system that had a great lirbary launch year, I'm open to it? Don't buy a system at launch if you're not willing to wait. That has held true for nearly every system in history.
Nega3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Nega3
Member since 2010 • 1069 Posts

To me, the games that sold me on the Vita is WipEout 2048 and Gravity Rush.

Hopefully there's more to come or I won't bother with the system.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
Vita is getting some games? Oh wait, so is the 3DS.
Avatar image for deactivated-609eda8a7edd0
deactivated-609eda8a7edd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 deactivated-609eda8a7edd0
Member since 2012 • 1173 Posts
Difference being that people actually want the games that the 3DS has. The majority of PSVita games that I have seen you can already get on your PS3 or are just not good enough to warrant the £200 price tag.
soapman72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 soapman72
Member since 2010 • 2714 Posts

Difference being that people actually want the games that the 3DS has. The majority of PSVita games that I have seen you can already get on your PS3 or are just not good enough to warrant the £200 price tag.OhJayDubya
heres what i think being a 3ds owner, the 3ds is more portable games which are fun and unique for the system while a vita is more of a portable experience of a ps3... which are both good things.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5d7fb49ded561

It's only a matter of time before the Vita will have more AA's than the 3DS.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-609eda8a7edd0

[QUOTE="OhJayDubya"]Difference being that people actually want the games that the 3DS has. The majority of PSVita games that I have seen you can already get on your PS3 or are just not good enough to warrant the £200 price tag.soapman72

heres what i think being a 3ds owner, the 3ds is more portable games which are fun and unique for the system while a vita is more of a portable experience of a ps3... which are both good things.

That is the same vibe I am getting but with me already having a PS3, having a portable one is just not justifiable to me. If the Vita started to get some real quality games that are not just rehashes of PS3 titles then I would be more inclined to buy one but at the moment its best games are already available on the PS3.
TwoFace-BS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TwoFace-BS
Member since 2011 • 9531 Posts
And 6 of them are also available on consoles And as the cows will know,its all about them exclusives
Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

The Vita doesn't have any games, out of it's current library there's one game I want to play and there's only one game releasing in the next 6+ months that I have any interest in.

Where as the 3DS has quite a few games I want comming.

2 vita games VS 10+ 3DS games the Vita just can't compete.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#29 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12377 Posts
It all depends. People enjoy playing different kinds of games. I was thinking about getting a Vita at launch with just Fifa 12 because I know its a game I'll like and it'll last me a while. I've rarely seen a system come out and put out a lineup of games that will satisfy people unless it has a killer game. PlayStation Vita does have issues but the real issue is the price, not the games because I could see a good amount of people putting down money for games like COD, LBP, Sly 4, PSA:BR and AC. I don't blame Sony for not cutting the price right now because in a way, they aren't competing for the same crowd as the 3DS and Sony can't rely on being competitive by cutting prices. We'll probably see a price cut at E3 but not before.
Zurrur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Zurrur
Member since 2009 • 1701 Posts

Vita is great but it only has 1 game, rest are inferior ports

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
Kind of a moot point when all of the best vita games can be played on the ps3
gamefan67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 gamefan67
Member since 2004 • 10034 Posts

Davekeeh
Wouldnt the Vita need to get more games first?
ydnarrewop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#33 ydnarrewop
Member since 2004 • 2292 Posts
I wonder how will the Vita be rated in years to come? Such potential. I hope the devs take full advantage :)
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
I wonder how will the Vita be rated in years to come? Such potential. I hope the devs take full advantage :)ydnarrewop
Indeed, the Vita is such a good machine, but I don't feel many developers will make good use of it.
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

In terms of total number of games they are pretty close. In terms of unique software the 3DS kind of runs away with it.

Grawse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Grawse
Member since 2010 • 4342 Posts
I can't wait to see how 3DS owners completely change their tune when they get a Vita.
moistsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 moistsandwich
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

So... 3DS is currently beating Vita in better avail. software.... thx for the "NEWS".

Now lets look at upcoming titles lists between the 2 platforms..... the 3DS list DESTROYS the Vita.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-5d7fb49ded561

the 3DS and the kids who play it are d00med LOL

RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 RyanShazam
Member since 2006 • 6498 Posts

I can't wait to see how 3DS owners completely change their tune when they get a Vita.Grawse

I have a Vita and the 3DS completely blows it out of the water.

p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts
you cant judge a console by playng it in a store (jajaja)backtowar
Why not long as the game we try is one we would play. Trying tony hawk at store is what made me want psp.
p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 p4s2p0
[QUOTE="OhJayDubya"] That is the same vibe I am getting but with me already having a PS3, having a portable one is just not justifiable to me. If the Vita started to get some real quality games that are not just rehashes of PS3 titles then I would be more inclined to buy one but at the moment its best games are already available on the PS3.

Vita does have quality games not on ps3 like uncharted golden abyss and unit 13. But even if they were on ps3 I prefer gaming anywhere so I would still use portables.
GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#42 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

Vita is only for laughs.

Grawse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Grawse
Member since 2010 • 4342 Posts
[QUOTE="p4s2p0"][QUOTE="OhJayDubya"] That is the same vibe I am getting but with me already having a PS3, having a portable one is just not justifiable to me. If the Vita started to get some real quality games that are not just rehashes of PS3 titles then I would be more inclined to buy one but at the moment its best games are already available on the PS3.

Vita does have quality games not on ps3 like uncharted golden abyss and unit 13. But even if they were on ps3 I prefer gaming anywhere so I would still use portables.

Haven't you heard? UC:GA is just a PS3 port while NSMB2 is a unique handheld experience.
louisfoxton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#44 louisfoxton
Member since 2007 • 1400 Posts

[QUOTE="burgeg"]

Davekeeh

You played it in a store so u didnt have the fullexperience

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

[QUOTE="Grawse"]I can't wait to see how 3DS owners completely change their tune when they get a Vita.RyanShazam

I have a Vita and the 3DS completely blows it out of the water.

Lol in what way ...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-609eda8a7edd0
[QUOTE="p4s2p0"] Vita does have quality games not on ps3 like uncharted golden abyss and unit 13. But even if they were on ps3 I prefer gaming anywhere so I would still use portables.

Two games are not enough to justify a £200 purchase. From what I have seen of the Uncharted game is had a good story but in terms of control it was very poor. I have played a little bit of Unit 13 and it is horrible in terms of game-play, its a very generic FPS and again not worth shelling out the money for. [QUOTE="Grawse"] Haven't you heard? UC:GA is just a PS3 port while NSMB2 is a unique handheld experience.

I know you are being sarcastic but you won't see me defending NSMB2 just because I own a 3DS. The game is a shameful port and Nintendo should feel bad for releasing it.
p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 p4s2p0
[QUOTE="OhJayDubya"][QUOTE="p4s2p0"] Vita does have quality games not on ps3 like uncharted golden abyss and unit 13. But even if they were on ps3 I prefer gaming anywhere so I would still use portables.

Two games are not enough to justify a £200 purchase. From what I have seen of the Uncharted game is had a good story but in terms of control it was very poor. I have played a little bit of Unit 13 and it is horrible in terms of game-play, its a very generic FPS and again not worth shelling out the money for.

Maybe for you but I have bought launch systems only having 1 game in my interest. Psp had the most launch games for me so far I got 3. Though I am still enjoying vita more. being I got an online shooter like resistance so fast this time.
DanteSuikoden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 DanteSuikoden
Member since 2008 • 3427 Posts

[QUOTE="p4s2p0"] Vita does have quality games not on ps3 like uncharted golden abyss and unit 13. But even if they were on ps3 I prefer gaming anywhere so I would still use portables.OhJayDubya
Two games are not enough to justify a £200 purchase. From what I have seen of the Uncharted game is had a good story but in terms of control it was very poor. I have played a little bit of Unit 13 and it is horrible in terms of game-play, its a very generic FPS and again not worth shelling out the money for.
Haven't you heard? UC:GA is just a PS3 port while NSMB2 is a unique handheld experience.Grawse
I know you are being sarcastic but you won't see me defending NSMB2 just because I own a 3DS. The game is a shameful port and Nintendo should feel bad for releasing it.

You haven't played it. You haven't even seen a video of it.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 super600  Moderator

Davekeeh

Consumers care little about that.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

#50 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

oh really lol i dont think numbers of some one elses opinion mattered to the masses lol

if vita was so much as good as 3ds -- then it would be selling as good! so come back when you can actually come up with a better excuse to why you think vita is better then 3ds

cause apppearently the masses have spoken and 3ds is better thus it sold more has good third party support (nascar wwe tekken etc)

where as vita has hardly anything not ported from 3ds ps3 or other console