Virtua Tennis ScreenShot comparison

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DoctorWan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DoctorWan
Member since 2007 • 463 Posts

http://www.diggingtheweb.com/325070806.html

Does anyone care? well i must say though, without looking at the title first and i just look athe screen shot, so i can be unbiased, this time i actually have to say PS3 looks sharper, windows looks less jaggy, and more vibrant. Xbox looks more washout. BUT, ok, BUT alot of this may have to do with TV adjustment! so take it with a grain of salt. 

xboxps2cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 xboxps2cube
Member since 2005 • 1362 Posts

Does anyone care? well i must say though, without looking at the title first and i just look athe screen shot, so i can be unbiased, this time i actually have to say PS3 looks sharper, windows looks less jaggy, and more vibrant. Xbox looks more washout. BUT, ok, BUT alot of this may have to do with TV adjustment! so take it with a grain of salt.

DoctorWan
no its true I have def jam for both consoles, its a little more color in the xbox 360 version but its clearly a graphical difference between the two games the ps3 hardware is not benefitting from 360 ports as of right now, period.
Huxley_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Huxley_00
Member since 2006 • 1309 Posts
PS3 version does look a little sharper in that comparison but it seems like it's because the PS3 version is brighter or in a better resolution?
thinicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 thinicer
Member since 2006 • 3704 Posts

They look exactly the same. Once again another multiplat game that fails to show one version vastly graphically better than the other.

Get used to it.

The Xbox 360 version is still superior though thanks to its multiplayer component on Xbox Live. 

ImagineGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ImagineGamer
Member since 2007 • 644 Posts
the ps3 version just has way too many jaggies
swaginator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 swaginator
Member since 2003 • 3732 Posts
Xbox 360 = Less jaggies, better lighting, and a better color contrast ratio.
fuzzysquash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#7 fuzzysquash
Member since 2004 • 17374 Posts
Xbox 360 = Less jaggies, better lighting, and a better color contrast ratio.swaginator
the differences are so minute it's not even worth debating, imo.
swaginator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 swaginator
[QUOTE="swaginator"]Xbox 360 = Less jaggies, better lighting, and a better color contrast ratio.fuzzysquash
the differences are so minute it's not even worth debating, imo.

They are. But if you notice in the first pic there is a noticeable difference in the greens of the courts, and the PS3 version is brighter. In the second pic you can see lots of jaggies on the chairs. I'm just pointing out a few things i noticed in them.
ImagineGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ImagineGamer
Member since 2007 • 644 Posts
ps3 looks like an xbox1 game.
swaginator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 swaginator
ps3 looks like an xbox1 game.ImagineGamer
Hardly
Avatar image for TekkenMaster606
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 TekkenMaster606
Member since 2006 • 10980 Posts

Nitpicky, but still...

billbradsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 billbradsky
Member since 2007 • 370 Posts
Why are all the ps3 games so bright?  It looks so unrealistic.  Look at the second pic you can even see anything in the sky in the ps3 version, the 360 shows the sky and clouds and look realistic.  Every single ps3 looks too bright, what is up with that?  People that say the brightness looks more realisitc are out of their minds.
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TekkenMaster606

Yeah...right. :roll:

Huxley_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Huxley_00
Why are all the ps3 games so bright? It looks so unrealistic. Look at the second pic you can even see anything in the sky in the ps3 version, the 360 shows the sky and clouds and look realistic. Every single ps3 looks too bright, what is up with that? People that say the brightness looks more realisitc are out of their minds.billbradsky
that's it!!!!!! YOU FOUND OUT WHY!! THE REASON WHY THE PS3 VERSION LOOKS SO MUCH BRIGHTER IS BECAUSE THE GAMES ARE BEING TAKEN PLACE AT DIFFERENT TIMES AND THE WEATHER IS DIFFERENT! OTHER THAN THAT.. THE GRAPHICS ARE THE SAME!!!!!!!!!
raskullibur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 raskullibur
Member since 2003 • 3390 Posts

Nitpicky, but still...

TekkenMaster606
Look at that copy and paste crowds on the 360 lol
Huxley_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Huxley_00
lol nice catch! that's pretty sad how they couldn't just throw on a different shirt or something lol
yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts
I think the PS3 slightly fares out better. The lighting in the second pic looks better, the colors look more vibrant, and the first pic the 360 one looks a little darker. Also I could see the strings on the racket in the first pic compared to the 360 version... but meh... I don't care really.
SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts
The PS3 one has better contrast, better lighting "feeling" if you know what i mean (the 360 one doesn't look like the game is in the day period, looks like artificial lightning i don't know, the PS3 one really looks like it's the sun doing the work) and the PS3's pics are sharper.
SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SambaLele

[QUOTE="billbradsky"]Why are all the ps3 games so bright? It looks so unrealistic. Look at the second pic you can even see anything in the sky in the ps3 version, the 360 shows the sky and clouds and look realistic. Every single ps3 looks too bright, what is up with that? People that say the brightness looks more realisitc are out of their minds.Huxley_00
that's it!!!!!! YOU FOUND OUT WHY!! THE REASON WHY THE PS3 VERSION LOOKS SO MUCH BRIGHTER IS BECAUSE THE GAMES ARE BEING TAKEN PLACE AT DIFFERENT TIMES AND THE WEATHER IS DIFFERENT! OTHER THAN THAT.. THE GRAPHICS ARE THE SAME!!!!!!!!!

maybe not, it's the HDMI that makes that difference. but imo, it's brighter, but more realistic. You know, they are playing those games during day time... in the 360 it doesn't look like that.

TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TekkenMaster606
I hope all the Xbox fans enjoyed that short window of time where multiplats were better on the Xbox 360.
Huxley_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Huxley_00

[QUOTE="Huxley_00"][QUOTE="billbradsky"]Why are all the ps3 games so bright? It looks so unrealistic. Look at the second pic you can even see anything in the sky in the ps3 version, the 360 shows the sky and clouds and look realistic. Every single ps3 looks too bright, what is up with that? People that say the brightness looks more realisitc are out of their minds.SambaLele

maybe not, it's the HDMI that makes that difference. but imo, it's brighter, but more realistic. You know, they are playing those games during day time... in the 360 it doesn't look like that.

then how come you can see clouds and blue sky in the xbox version but you can only see the bright sunlight in the ps3 version?
Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts
The differences are barely noticeable, but I'd say PS3 wins. Much more shinier and more attention to detail. Also, more bloom.
Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts
[QUOTE="SambaLele"]

[QUOTE="Huxley_00"][QUOTE="billbradsky"]Why are all the ps3 games so bright? It looks so unrealistic. Look at the second pic you can even see anything in the sky in the ps3 version, the 360 shows the sky and clouds and look realistic. Every single ps3 looks too bright, what is up with that? People that say the brightness looks more realisitc are out of their minds.Huxley_00

then how come you can see clouds and blue sky in the xbox version but you can only see the bright sunlight in the ps3 version?

Haven't you heard? Light so bright you can't see anything else is the FUTURE!!
Avatar image for monsternachoman
monsternachoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 monsternachoman
Member since 2006 • 1264 Posts

Does anyone care? 

DoctorWan

No I don't think anyone does8)

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SambaLele
[QUOTE="Huxley_00"][QUOTE="SambaLele"]

[QUOTE="Huxley_00"][QUOTE="billbradsky"]Why are all the ps3 games so bright? It looks so unrealistic. Look at the second pic you can even see anything in the sky in the ps3 version, the 360 shows the sky and clouds and look realistic. Every single ps3 looks too bright, what is up with that? People that say the brightness looks more realisitc are out of their minds.princeofshapeir

Haven't you heard? Light so bright you can't see anything else is the FUTURE!!

well, anyway it takes out the possibility of being different times and weather. But again, imo, i rather have a game that looks better in the screens i'm actually looking at, those in wich i'm playing, then a beautiful sky that i'll admire for 3 seconds. 

munu9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 munu9
Member since 2004 • 11109 Posts
The xbox360 version has slightly better AA, and the ps3 version has slightly better character models, overall, they look the same...
SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SambaLele

The xbox360 version has slightly better AA, and the ps3 version has slightly better character models, overall, they look the same...munu9

i think AA isn't the case here. Look carefully, the whole image is a little bit blurry, comparing to the PS3's. Blurry images have less jaggies. But i might be wrong!

munu9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 munu9

[QUOTE="munu9"]The xbox360 version has slightly better AA, and the ps3 version has slightly better character models, overall, they look the same...SambaLele

i think AA isn't the case here. Look carefully, the whole image is a little bit blurry, comparing to the PS3's. Blurry images have less jaggies. But i might be wrong!

All in all, when you're actually playing the game instead of staring at it to find faults, they will look exactly the same...

ff7isnumbaone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 ff7isnumbaone
Member since 2005 • 5352 Posts
ignorant. Ur diss the 360 version because they are so similar.
Perception1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Perception1
Member since 2006 • 1010 Posts
Why are all the ps3 games so bright? It looks so unrealistic. Look at the second pic you can even see anything in the sky in the ps3 version, the 360 shows the sky and clouds and look realistic. Every single ps3 looks too bright, what is up with that? People that say the brightness looks more realisitc are out of their minds.billbradsky
Lol, if they brightened X360 games, we would notice a lot of things that don't look so good, I think they darken it for a reason.
Harbadakus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Harbadakus
Member since 2005 • 5474 Posts
The xbox360 version has slightly better AA, and the ps3 version has slightly better character models, overall, they look the same...munu9
The character models are completely identical. I don't see how you could think they were slightly better.
venture00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 venture00
Member since 2004 • 1060 Posts
They Look the same but the xbox360 version's a lot better thanks to the online gameplay, but who cares? is a tennis game :roll:
munu9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 munu9

[QUOTE="munu9"]The xbox360 version has slightly better AA, and the ps3 version has slightly better character models, overall, they look the same...Harbadakus
The character models are completely identical. I don't see how you could think they were slightly better.

the cloths and the faces look slightly better IMO...

KeyWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 KeyWii
Member since 2006 • 4884 Posts
Xbox 360 = Less jaggies, better lighting, and a better color contrast ratio.swaginator
Get your eyes checked, pal. PS3 was the one on the bottom. PS3 looked better.
SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SambaLele
[QUOTE="SambaLele"]

[QUOTE="munu9"]The xbox360 version has slightly better AA, and the ps3 version has slightly better character models, overall, they look the same...munu9

All in all, when you're actually playing the game instead of staring at it to find faults, they will look exactly the same...

:lol:

true!

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SambaLele

They Look the same but the xbox360 version's a lot better thanks to the online gameplay, but who cares? is a tennis game :roll:venture00

the PS3 version doesn't have online gameplay? 

Harbadakus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Harbadakus
Member since 2005 • 5474 Posts

[QUOTE="Harbadakus"][QUOTE="munu9"]The xbox360 version has slightly better AA, and the ps3 version has slightly better character models, overall, they look the same...munu9

the cloths and the faces look slightly better IMO...

Just the angle and expression that might make you think that I guess. The models are actually the same, it would be a waste of resources to make them slightly better on PS3, both games use the exact same assets to save cost/time etc.
venture00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 venture00
[QUOTE="swaginator"]Xbox 360 = Less jaggies, better lighting, and a better color contrast ratio.KeyWii

Not they look the same, but what we can expect from u? u're a fanboy in ur mind the ps3 looks better :roll: u are the one that needs to get the eyes checked
venture00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 venture00

[QUOTE="venture00"]They Look the same but the xbox360 version's a lot better thanks to the online gameplay, but who cares? is a tennis game :roll:SambaLele

the PS3 version doesn't have online gameplay?

No
ultrahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ultrahai
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
That court is NY court which is at nite so talk of seeing clouds and such is rubbish. as you can see the each object has 4 shadows hence there being 4 different types of lights on at nite, u can't get shadows like that during the day. Thats y the ps3 version looks so bright.
KeyWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 KeyWii
[QUOTE="KeyWii"][QUOTE="swaginator"]Xbox 360 = Less jaggies, better lighting, and a better color contrast ratio.venture00

Not they look the same, but what we can expect from u? u're a fanboy in ur mind the ps3 looks better :roll: u are the one that needs to get the eyes checked

They don't look the same. The PS3 looks better. Mostly in lighting. The clothing on the models is also slightly more detailed on the PS3. You're a fanboy as well, so shut it. Go look at the pictures again and try not to let your ignorance get a hold of you.
KeyWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 KeyWii

I'll do the work for you. Here's a simple picture and the difference is easy to see.

venture00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 venture00
[QUOTE="venture00"][QUOTE="KeyWii"][QUOTE="swaginator"]Xbox 360 = Less jaggies, better lighting, and a better color contrast ratio.KeyWii

They don't look the same. The PS3 looks better. Mostly in lighting. The clothing on the models is also slightly more detailed on the PS3. You're a fanboy as well, so shut it. Go look at the pictures again and try not to let your ignorance get a hold of you.

Yeah like i said before only in your mind looks better FANBOY! and don't say anything about ignorance cuz thats one of the biggest things on u.
Jammy69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Jammy69
Member since 2007 • 224 Posts
Look at the shadows of the players in the PS3 screenshot, it doesn't look realistic compared to the 360
zero9167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 zero9167
Member since 2005 • 14554 Posts
the ps3 version is brighter
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
Ps3 has better color definition.
mightyboosh13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#47 mightyboosh13
Member since 2006 • 705 Posts
I think the PS3 looks better but the contrast and brightness on the 360 looks off. I've got the game and it doesnt look that dull its more in comparison to the PS3 version which looks more natural. Maybe its a poor comp cable or something. I use VGA and my picture looks better than the PS3 version and 360.
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
[QUOTE="mightyboosh13"]I think the PS3 looks better but the contrast and brightness on the 360 looks off. I've got the game and it doesnt look that dull its more in comparison to the PS3 version which looks more natural. Maybe its a poor comp cable or something. I use VGA and my picture looks better than the PS3 version and 360.

it could very well be the difference in cables.
jhunte99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 jhunte99
Member since 2003 • 2673 Posts
woah woah wait a sec....
Does the PS3 version have HDR and the 360 one doesn't?!?! it certaintly looks like it. That is just plain stupid.
afdevil24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 afdevil24
Member since 2006 • 1590 Posts

DoctorWan
lol what's with the 4 woman all dressed the same sitting next to each other on the left side in pic #1 of x360?