Violent video games should be legally banned from being sold to kids.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TankBusterJenn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 TankBusterJenn
Member since 2011 • 154 Posts

It's not about stopping violence, it's not about saving **** it's about improving the quality of video games. Ban the kids and ban their parents from buying for them.

If we remove the 12-year-old CoD players from the equation imagine how much better video games will get? Pandering to shallow stupid preteens won't be possible anymore, they'll have to make games for us adults.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52430 Posts
:lol: He thinks he's reading a book.
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#3 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Stores are already legally bound to not sell a M rated game to a Minor.

It's up to the Adult whether or not Kids obtain these M Rated Games.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts
Would be impossible to do. I could pretend to buy the game for myself and turn around and give it to my kid at home. Maybe If there is some master control program that would try to control everything.....
FastEddie2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FastEddie2121
Member since 2009 • 3081 Posts
Focusing on better parenting and stricter rating policies wouldn't allow for people to point fingers and scapegoat those they hate and oppose.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

how are you going to ban the parents from just buying them for the kids? which they do now, anyways

FastEddie2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FastEddie2121
Member since 2009 • 3081 Posts
Would be impossible to do. I could pretend to buy the game for myself and turn around and give it to my kid at home. Maybe If there is some master control program that would try to control everything.....Ghost120x
Don't worry, I'm sure someone is out there working on that control program as we speak.
Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

xbox kiddies ruined gaming

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LegatoSkyheart

Would be impossible to do. I could pretend to buy the game for myself and turn around and give it to my kid at home. Maybe If there is some master control program that would try to control everything.....Ghost120x

It's called Cloud Gaming and Always Online DRM.

But even then, you could always lie about your age.

Whether we like it or not we're going to be in a 1984 environment where an Open Platform will no longer be available.

It's either to let the kids play Halo and Call of Duty, or actually man up and tell our children NO.

Otherwise we're going to get screwed up the rear. We've already got even more restricted on Gun Control.

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

LegatoSkyheart

Age limit of 17 right?

And Jenn, I'm unsure that game quality is reflective of the audience's target age. One can have a lot of fun with driving games be you 6 or 60.

I think I see what you're saying though. It sucks when they take a gritty dark experience, and have to modify it in order to keep the censors happy, or worse, to keep the publisher happy because they want to be below a certain classification rating.

(Tough classification essentially restricts a bunch of sales, innit?)

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LegatoSkyheart

[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

psymon100

Age limit of 17 right?

And Jenn, I'm unsure that game quality is reflective of the audience's target age. One can have a lot of fun with driving games be you 6 or 60.

I think I see what you're saying though. It sucks when they take a gritty dark experience, and have to modify it in order to keep the censors happy, or worse, to keep the publisher happy because they want to be below a certain classification rating.

(Tough classification essentially restricts a bunch of sales, innit?)

Yeah M rated games are 17+

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts
I agree. I do not care what developers put in games but not all games are made for all ages. If a developer wants to have literally nothing but boobs bouncing up and down that is fine with me but kids should not be able to get it. I think the same for very violent games such as GTA, CoD, ect. Society has determined that you need to be at least 18 to buy a house, own a gun, vote, in some place drink and others age 21, and so on but they are able to handle realistic killings. We are not in the age of atrari graphics in fact graphics are getting very realistic now. I have never seen anyone get carded for buying a game.
Weird_Jerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 Weird_Jerk
Member since 2010 • 646 Posts

[QUOTE="Ghost120x"]Would be impossible to do. I could pretend to buy the game for myself and turn around and give it to my kid at home. Maybe If there is some master control program that would try to control everything.....FastEddie2121
Don't worry, I'm sure someone is out there working on that control program as we speak.

We just need Alan Bradley. Then, all the kids will be excluded from the games! The games are too risky for minors anyway. They would get their @$$es handed to them, especially against me with my superior identity disk!

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
$$$
Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

[QUOTE="Ghost120x"]Would be impossible to do. I could pretend to buy the game for myself and turn around and give it to my kid at home. Maybe If there is some master control program that would try to control everything.....LegatoSkyheart

Whether we like it or not we're going to be in a 1984 environment where an Open Platform will no longer be available.

It's either to let the kids play Halo and Call of Duty, or actually man up and tell our children NO.

Otherwise we're going to get screwed up the rear. We've already got even more restricted on Gun Control.

true but -1 for missing the tron reference.
Weird_Jerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Weird_Jerk
Member since 2010 • 646 Posts

[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

[QUOTE="Ghost120x"]Would be impossible to do. I could pretend to buy the game for myself and turn around and give it to my kid at home. Maybe If there is some master control program that would try to control everything.....Ghost120x

YES! I got it!

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LegatoSkyheart

[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

[QUOTE="Ghost120x"]Would be impossible to do. I could pretend to buy the game for myself and turn around and give it to my kid at home. Maybe If there is some master control program that would try to control everything.....Ghost120x

Oh I see. :lol:

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
Its the parents fault.
GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#19 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts
If something is rated Mature, then it shouldn't be sold to kids. That much is common sense. Regretfully that is simply too easy to bypass. There's not much that can be done, except encouraging their parents to pay more attention on their kids instead of blaming something else.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61491 Posts

It's up to the Adult whether or not Kids obtain these M Rated Games.

LegatoSkyheart

Exactly.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LegatoSkyheart

Its the parents fault.clyde46

Or Big Brother, or Big Sister, or Grandpapy, or Grandmother, or Coolest Uncle, or Greatest Aunt, or Amazing Cousin.....

NEWMAHAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 NEWMAHAY
Member since 2012 • 3824 Posts
Video gaming is a business. It would hurt the industry more so than helping it.
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#23 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Pointless thread. Blog it.