UT3 8.5 on PC. 8.0 on PS3 forseeable?

• 81 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Frostbite24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Frostbite24
Member since 2003 • 4536 Posts
So it recieved an 8.5 for the PC which is the superior version right? Does the PS3 have the goods to retain the same quality as the PC version?
Tamarind_Face

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Tamarind_Face
Member since 2007 • 2270 Posts

So it recieved an 8.5 for the PC which is the superior version right? Does the PS3 have the goods to retain the same quality as the PC version?Frostbite24

You do know Oblivion for the 360 is rated higher than the PC version?

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts

So it recieved an 8.5 for the PC which is the superior version right? Does the PS3 have the goods to retain the same quality as the PC version?Frostbite24

You can use a USB keyboard and mouse for the PS3 version, so I say yes....oh and you can get user generated content, same as PC.

-Sniper99-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#4 -Sniper99-
Member since 2004 • 8983 Posts
Only 8.5? What? I was thinking this could possibly be GOTY contender.:( Oh well, it's a day one buy on PS3 for me.
Broman6015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Broman6015
Member since 2007 • 1381 Posts

The Bad:

"Front-end interface has too many menus and selections to move through, which makes it feel sort of like a console game."

They should have just kept this PC exclusive. Im not sayin the console versions are responsible for the 8.5, but you can make a case that it is.

ExilRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ExilRock
Member since 2007 • 375 Posts
... UT3 is a filthy flop. Who cares. /jk... it's still a flop, but maybe not filthy.
Frostbite24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Frostbite24

[QUOTE="Frostbite24"]So it recieved an 8.5 for the PC which is the superior version right? Does the PS3 have the goods to retain the same quality as the PC version?Tamarind_Face

Sure I do, I'm a lem and an ex Hermit. Still the question stands the PS3 doesn't really compare to the 360, I have no question the 360 version will be on par with the PC. My question is about the PS3 which often is sub-par compared to the other system multi-plats.

MarioFanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 MarioFanatic
Member since 2003 • 6153 Posts
Shocked :shock: oh well, i wasnt picking this up anyway 'cause my pc is at that age again...
WhySoCry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 WhySoCry
Member since 2005 • 689 Posts
Demo left a bad taste in my mouth. Gone are the days of customization. Consoles FTL.
Redgarl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 Redgarl
Member since 2002 • 13252 Posts

... UT3 is a filthy flop. Who cares. /jk... it's still a flop, but maybe not filthy.ExilRock

So Epic not so Epic after all...

I will probably try this version anyway... will see if I want to buy it after.

-Sniper99-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 -Sniper99-
[QUOTE="Tamarind_Face"]

[QUOTE="Frostbite24"]So it recieved an 8.5 for the PC which is the superior version right? Does the PS3 have the goods to retain the same quality as the PC version?Frostbite24

Sure I do, I'm a lem and an ex Hermit. Still the question stands the PS3 doesn't really compare to the 360, I have no question the 360 version will be on par with the PC. My question is about the PS3 which often is sub-par compared to the other system multi-plats.

Gamespot's time with the PS3 semmed great. They said it ran smotth and looked as good as the PC version on medium settings:)
kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 kevy619
Member since 2004 • 5617 Posts
Ouch, but I saw it coming. Most reviews are AA. I just cant resist rubbing in that Gears (year old console game) > UT3. Hermits deserve to have it rubbed in as well. While we are at it, console shooters > pc shooters now on average. :)
the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts

The Bad:

"Front-end interface has too many menus and selections to move through, which makes it feel sort of like a console game."

They should have just kept this PC exclusive. Im not sayin the console versions are responsible for the 8.5, but you can make a case that it is.

Broman6015

Yeah, you can. It would have most likely been a better game had it been developed on one system first.

Anyhoo, on topic, it'll probably get 8.5 on PS3 too unless there are too many technical issues.

kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 kevy619
[QUOTE="Frostbite24"][QUOTE="Tamarind_Face"]

[QUOTE="Frostbite24"]So it recieved an 8.5 for the PC which is the superior version right? Does the PS3 have the goods to retain the same quality as the PC version?-Sniper99-

Gamespot's time with the PS3 semmed great. They said it ran smotth and looked as good as the PC version on medium settings:)

IGN said it looked like high settings.

Dusty-Ps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Dusty-Ps3
Member since 2007 • 204 Posts
UT is horrible anyway
Skippyj9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#16 Skippyj9
Member since 2004 • 2825 Posts

They only didn't like that it felt like a console game and it didn't change the UT formula that much.

Is it just me, or does that sound like an awesome game considering PS3 is a console? It'll probably get 8.5 as well from Gamespot though. That review is pretty half-assed in my opinion though because they go on a bit in the review about graphics yet mention nothing in the "The Good" section at the top about graphics.

ultima-flare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 ultima-flare
Member since 2003 • 2259 Posts
PC has higher standards, so they should at least score equal. O and the bad comment in the review summary is that the menus seem like a console games. So the ps3 version won't have that going against it
-Sniper99-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 -Sniper99-
The review says they haven't changed much. That sounds awesome to me. I just wanted some new maps/game modes really. My PC can't play this game, so the PS3 version looks splendid to me:)
kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kevy619

PC has higher standards, so they should at least score equal. O and the bad comment in the review summary is that the menus seem like a console games. So the ps3 version won't have that going against it ultima-flare

pc has no higher standards anymore crazy hermit, welcome to 2007.

ExilRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ExilRock
UT is horrible anywayDusty-Ps3
I must agree, it's always tried to be a Counter Strike killer, but it always fails at doing so.
-Ninja_Dog-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 -Ninja_Dog-
Member since 2005 • 4197 Posts

This is the biggest flop in GS history.

Mass Effect is saved !

Tamarind_Face

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Tamarind_Face
[QUOTE="Tamarind_Face"]

[QUOTE="Frostbite24"]So it recieved an 8.5 for the PC which is the superior version right? Does the PS3 have the goods to retain the same quality as the PC version?Frostbite24

You dont have any Idea do you? 360 doesnt support Kb/m, mods, servers... How can it be on par with the PC version or even the PS3? PS3 version supports all of these.

Dusty-Ps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Dusty-Ps3

PC has higher standards, so they should at least score equal. O and the bad comment in the review summary is that the menus seem like a console games. So the ps3 version won't have that going against it ultima-flare

Then why does Crysis and STALKER MP suck so bad?

cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 cobrax75
Member since 2007 • 8389 Posts

[QUOTE="ultima-flare"]PC has higher standards, so they should at least score equal. O and the bad comment in the review summary is that the menus seem like a console games. So the ps3 version won't have that going against it Dusty-Ps3

because they were both designed as singleplayer games?

kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 kevy619

[QUOTE="Dusty-Ps3"]UT is horrible anywayExilRock
I must agree, it's always tried to be a Counter Strike killer, but it always fails at doing so.

Heck, it fails against COD4, Halo 3 or even Gears of War.

kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 kevy619
[QUOTE="Dusty-Ps3"]

[QUOTE="ultima-flare"]PC has higher standards, so they should at least score equal. O and the bad comment in the review summary is that the menus seem like a console games. So the ps3 version won't have that going against it cobrax75

because they were both designed as singleplayer games?

Because hermits believe they are better than other gamers.

MarioFanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MarioFanatic
Member since 2003 • 6153 Posts

CounterStrike is more tactic-based, while UT is more of a Jump-and-Shoot type of game. Im not bashing either game, but they do have very different styles of playing.
Frostbite24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Frostbite24
[QUOTE="Frostbite24"][QUOTE="Tamarind_Face"]

[QUOTE="Frostbite24"]So it recieved an 8.5 for the PC which is the superior version right? Does the PS3 have the goods to retain the same quality as the PC version?Tamarind_Face

You dont have any Idea do you? 360 doesnt support Kb/m, mods, servers... How can it be on par with the PC version or even the PS3? PS3 version supports all of these.

No clue here! You're right. Silly me, I've just been basing my opinion on the fact that reviewers have often reviewed 360 multi-plats higher than the PS3. Man I must be completely daft! Oh gee, oh gee. Durr, durr, and durr. You got me.

Tamarind_Face

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Tamarind_Face

[QUOTE="ExilRock"][QUOTE="Dusty-Ps3"]UT is horrible anywaykevy619

NO. UT3, Halo 3 and Gears of War... all 3 of those fail against COD4.

-Sniper99-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 -Sniper99-

This is the biggest flop in GS history.

Mass Effect is saved !

-Ninja_Dog-

Please tell me you're kidding

Ninja-Vox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#31 Ninja-Vox
Member since 2006 • 16314 Posts

[QUOTE="Frostbite24"]So it recieved an 8.5 for the PC which is the superior version right? Does the PS3 have the goods to retain the same quality as the PC version?dream431ca

You can use a USB keyboard and mouse for the PS3 version, so I say yes....oh and you can get user generated content, same as PC.

It wont be anywhere near as much though. Who's gonna make stuff for the ps3 version? I cant see the PC version being anything less than the best. It's epic we're talking about.

kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 kevy619
[QUOTE="kevy619"]

[QUOTE="ExilRock"][QUOTE="Dusty-Ps3"]UT is horrible anywayTamarind_Face

Notice I listed COD4 first :)

Ninja-Vox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Ninja-Vox

The Bad:

Broman6015

Same thing happened to oblivion. PC version criticised for having an interface clearly designed for consoles.

ExilRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ExilRock

[QUOTE="ExilRock"][QUOTE="Dusty-Ps3"]UT is horrible anywaykevy619

See, we can all agree in SW form time to time. Lets add crysis on that list too.

See, we can all agree form time to time on SW. We should add Crysis to that list btw.
cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 cobrax75
Member since 2007 • 8389 Posts

[QUOTE="ultima-flare"]PC has higher standards, so they should at least score equal. O and the bad comment in the review summary is that the menus seem like a console games. So the ps3 version won't have that going against it kevy619

pc has no higher standards anymore crazy hermit, welcome to 2007.

oh yes it does...if a console game came out with a map editor, even a basic one...its score would shoot up (see Halo 3)...on the PC..map editors are so frequent that they have stopped mentioning them altogether in reviews, because they are now considered to be standard features....

if a console game were to come out with a 64 player online, dedicaded servers, map editors...etc...its score would go straight up for being the first console game to do that....but on the PC its been done so often that it really doesnt matter.

walter429

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 walter429
Member since 2007 • 392 Posts

I don't agree. The first UT released before the official release of CS. CS was a mod of half-life before it actually got famous... and other than perspective and shooting... the games are not verysimilar.

UT is not horrible.
Dusty-Ps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Dusty-Ps3
[QUOTE="kevy619"]

[QUOTE="ExilRock"][QUOTE="Dusty-Ps3"]UT is horrible anywayTamarind_Face

It's hard to take a person serious that has a sig like yours

senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 senses_fail_06
Member since 2006 • 7033 Posts
Ouch, but I saw it coming. Most reviews are AA. I just cant resist rubbing in that Gears (year old console game) > UT3. Hermits deserve to have it rubbed in as well. While we are at it, console shooters > pc shooters now on average. :)kevy619
I'm sure hermits truely devasted, especially considering they have the superior of both. Oh and standards :wink:.
tramp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 tramp
Member since 2003 • 2110 Posts

Ouch, but I saw it coming. Most reviews are AA. I just cant resist rubbing in that Gears (year old console game) > UT3. Hermits deserve to have it rubbed in as well. While we are at it, console shooters > pc shooters now on average. :)kevy619

The two games arent even in the same genre. :/

mikemil828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 mikemil828
Member since 2003 • 7024 Posts

...How is UT a Counter Strike Killer seeing that you actually respawn in UT?

kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 kevy619

[QUOTE="kevy619"]Ouch, but I saw it coming. Most reviews are AA. I just cant resist rubbing in that Gears (year old console game) > UT3. Hermits deserve to have it rubbed in as well. While we are at it, console shooters > pc shooters now on average. :)senses_fail_06
I'm sure hermits truely devasted, especially considering they have the superior of both. Oh and standards :wink:.

Hermits are too stubborn/arrogant to even realize the truth.

Ninja-Vox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Ninja-Vox

Tamarind_Face

How do you know it wont support any of those? How do you know the ps3 version will have dedicated servers?

mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts
Frankly, I expected a lower score. Like 7.5 - 8 cause that's all it really deserved. The game might have a huge MP community, but the game's multiplayer itself doesn't go further than being a fast-paced shooter. It's just UT2004 with updated visuals. Some PC gamers probably expected more than that.
ganon546

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ganon546
Member since 2007 • 2942 Posts
Yeah, I could see the PS3 version getting an 8.0.
black_awpN1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 black_awpN1
Member since 2004 • 7863 Posts
When GS rates games, theres certain Factors that are involved. PS3 has Different standards for games then PC does, so It could get possibly a 9.0 or higher if its the best game on PS3 now.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60723 Posts
I could see that..
Chickity_China

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#49 Chickity_China
Member since 2007 • 2322 Posts

[QUOTE="ExilRock"][QUOTE="Dusty-Ps3"]UT is horrible anywayMarioFanatic

CounterStrike is more tactic-based, while UT is more of a Jump-and-Shoot type of game. Im not bashing either game, but they do have very different **** of playing.

u r funny...

senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 senses_fail_06
Member since 2006 • 7033 Posts

Hermits are too stubborn/arrogant to even realize the truth.

kevy619
What "truth"?