Update: Fallout 4 trademark filed by Bethesda

• 100 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#51 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

There goes another 400 hours of my goddamn life.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

Can't we get Bethesda making the world and Obsidian doing the story/writing? That would be a winning combo.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53  Edited By Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

I loved Fallout 3 and thought New Vegas was trash. I guess it's the "hip" thing to do to hate on the more popular of the 2.

StriateEnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 StriateEnd
Member since 2013 • 521 Posts

Meh. Would be excited if its going to be like Fallout 1/2 than another Elder Scrolls with guns and vats.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#55  Edited By Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

@Gaming-Planet said:

Hopefully it's not a buggy mess.

Would be cool if they used the same engine used in Metro Last Light to achieve that gritty atmosphere.

It's gonna be buggy.. don't get your hope up... the modding communities is the only reason people can play the recent fallout games.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts

@Joedgabe said:

@Gaming-Planet said:

Hopefully it's not a buggy mess.

Would be cool if they used the same engine used in Metro Last Light to achieve that gritty atmosphere.

It's gonna be buggy.. don't get your hope up... the modding communities is the only reason people can play the recent fallout games.

Or any of the Fallout games at all - the games have been bugged up the ass since Fallout 2. Even Fallout 1 with things like the Followers' endings.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Ah yes. Same old crap only bigger and longer.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@PannicAtack said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Planeforger said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Sagem28 said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

Bethesda making? No fvcking thank you

We need another GODsidian Fallout.

For sure.

Keep Bugsidian away from my fallout!

That was an attempt at humour, I hope?

I mean, say what you want about Obsidian, but they have released a few games that have been stable straight out of the box. I don't think you could say the same for Bethesda.

New Vegas was not one of them. That game was completely broken at launch and it was an incredibly boring setting

It was still better than Fallout 3 in every way that matters.

Nah, Fallout 3 was more interesting. I did like some of the gameplay improvements in new vegas though

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#59 AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

Love me some Fallout. Let's hope this time they got a some people other than monkeys when it comes to stabilizing the game. :P

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

Is the console version of a Bethsoft game going to allow finally mods?

Or is this gonna be yet another best on pc title?

Are consoles still that primitive?

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

I don't give a shit about Fallout. Bethesda games are trash until the modders make them playable.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#62 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

@MK-Professor said:

@speedfog said:

Day one.

This type of games are best to be played 6 months after the release.(You know plenty of good mods to chooses, no bugs, etc)

The problem is. If it's out I can't wait anymore. Atleast not with Fallout.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#63  Edited By speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts
@kipsta77 said:

@speedfog said:

Day one.

Absolutely no question! Am I the only one who loves Fallout much more than TES?

Totaly not man. I tried to love TES but I just can't get into it. The atmosphere of FO3 and FONV was just awesome. With the awesome music included. It just makes it not boring anymore.

@MK-Professor said:

@speedfog said:

Day one.

This type of games are best to be played 6 months after the release.(You know plenty of good mods to chooses, no bugs, etc)

The problem is. If it's out I can't wait anymore. Atleast not with Fallout.

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

Apparently the site is a hoax

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#65 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 59276 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

Is the console version of a Bethsoft game going to allow finally mods?

Or is this gonna be yet another best on pc title?

Are consoles still that primitive?

Consoles all but killed intellectual gaming.

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#66  Edited By Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

I'm pretty excite to see what Bethesda can do with their worlds on next gen systems. Should be some crazy immersiveness.

Chrome-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#67 Chrome-
Member since 2009 • 1744 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

Van Burren or gtfo.

sounds like a DJ

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

Update: Fallout 4 trademark filed by Bethesda! Well, it's official dudes!

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@IgGy621985 said:

Yay, moar stiff NPC animations! Can't wait!

--

hahahah exactly what i came here to say. But anyway this is in my top three fav franchises so FINALLY i've been waiting for years and loved the shit outta Vegas

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

Eww another Failout game

are you serious? I thought this is one of those games that are completely impossible to dislike... i just want this on a brand new engine (its about time bethesda... i've seen enough of your shit) and for once, none wooden animations...

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By IgGy621985

@silversix_ said:

@IgGy621985 said:

Yay, moar stiff NPC animations! Can't wait!

--

hahahah exactly what i came here to say. But anyway this is in my top three fav franchises so FINALLY i've been waiting for years and loved the shit outta Vegas

Yeah, MoCap is an ancient technology by now, but they somehow manage to screw NPC animations up with their every game.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

Just what we need. Another casualized sandbox clone where every mode is "Easy Mode".

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#75 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

Am I the only one who has sexual fantasies in the world of Fallout?

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

Eww another Failout game

this

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#77  Edited By Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@silversix_ said:

@Ballroompirate said:

Eww another Failout game

are you serious? I thought this is one of those games that are completely impossible to dislike... i just want this on a brand new engine (its about time bethesda... i've seen enough of your shit) and for once, none wooden animations...

I find the Fallout games (namely 3 and NV) to be one of the worst games I've ever had the displeasure of playing, hell I even got NV for free (got it free with my Nvidia card) and it was still wasted HDD space in my eyes.

People give Morrowind and Skyrim crap for looking meh and "boring combat" when Fallout 3 and NV had worse combat and even looked worse than Skyrim and even Oblivion (fyi I really hate Oblivion so me saying it looks better than Fallout NV/3 says something) and even the story is crap, ok I wouldn't say crap I should say it doesn't seem appealing to me at all. I can't see any logical reasons why people even like Fallout 3 and NV when both games look crappy,have crappy combat and the story is up in there air. I however can see why people enjoyed Fallout 1 and 2.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

i hope they use a cool new engine in it.

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 IgGy621985

@TheGuardian03 said:
@IgGy621985 said:

Update: Fallout 4 trademark filed by Bethesda! Well, it's official dudes!

How long do we have to wait for release? lol i am excited already.

We'll know that in 23 days hopefully :-)

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 IgGy621985

@Motokid6 said:

Animate the npc's and we will have one great game. Some body language would be nice. A smile here.. a frown there. Maybe the npc could cross its arms and lean on the wall as you talk to them. Or wip out a cigarette and light it.

SOMETHING Bethesda. I love their games i just cannot stand the lifeless npc's. The voice acting is there.. thats fine. Now some facial expressions/body language would be nice.

That's exactly what I dislike at their titles. I have no idea why are they unable to perform better NPC animations.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Ballroompirate

@Desmonic said:

@Ballroompirate:

And there's a thing that's called a good opinion (mine) and a bad or stupid opinion (people who think Failout 3 and NV are amazing games), you dont have to agree with ether of them but you a sure as hell can form your "own opinion".

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#88  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts

I dont really care for the Fall Out games.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Ballroompirate

@Desmonic said:

@Ballroompirate said:

And there's a thing that's called a good opinion (mine) and a bad or stupid opinion (people who think Failout 3 and NV are amazing games), you dont have to agree with ether of them but you a sure as hell can form your "own opinion".

Dat bias brah :P Personally loved F3 and NV, despite both being a terribly buggy mess. :)

Actually I gave pretty good reasons why I dislike Fallout 3/NV :)

Also I didn't even count the buggyness of 3 and NV since I'm actually use to Bethesda and Obsedian games being buggy.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#90 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

As was eluded to in another thread -- I hope it's exclusive to one of the new consoles... <_<

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

I find it strange how So many people can enjoy a game that practically plays itself. And still requires you to use your imagination to fill in the blanks about stuff the developers should have addressed along time ago. But then again gamers aren't exactly astrophysisists, some mysteries just solve themselves. :)

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11126 Posts

I recently started playing Fallout 3 and am really enjoying it. The new Fallout game with modern graphics and mechanics will be amazing.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#94 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@johnd13 said:

I recently started playing Fallout 3 and am really enjoying it. The new Fallout game with modern graphics and mechanics will be amazing.

a game world with more life in it would be nice...places to go, people to see. FO3 is such a barren wasteland, but it does have wonderful abandoned buildings/"Dungeons" to explore. New Vegas completely decimates FO3 in the story/character design and gameplay department, but there's very little to explore outside the main cities. I want a real good balance between the two. Even Fallout 2 had a bunch of random locations in between all the major social hubs.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11126 Posts

@wis3boi said:

@johnd13 said:

a game world with more life in it would be nice...places to go, people to see. FO3 is such a barren wasteland, but it does have wonderful abandoned buildings/"Dungeons" to explore. New Vegas completely decimates FO3 in the story/character design and gameplay department, but there's very little to explore outside the main cities. I want a real good balance between the two. Even Fallout 2 had a bunch of random locations in between all the major social hubs.

Yeah I believe Bethesda can achieve this balance. They're far more experienced now(having created Skyrim which I loved) and the industry's and gamers' high standards will only give them extra momentum.

Wasn't New Vegas developed by Obsidian? That would explain the lack of a rich and beautiful world since they're not Bethesda which has given us worlds like Oblivion's,FO3's and Skyrim's.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#96  Edited By wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@johnd13 said:

@wis3boi said:

@johnd13 said:

Yeah I believe Bethesda can achieve this balance. They're far more experienced now(having created Skyrim which I loved) and the industry's and gamers' high standards will only give them extra momentum.

Wasn't New Vegas developed by Obsidian? That would explain the lack of a rich and beautiful world since they're not Bethesda which has given us worlds like Oblivion's,FO3's and Skyrim's.

Yeah, obisidian blows beth away at characters and story. NV just doesnt have the number of random locations to dive into and explore and loot like Skyrim/FO3. Then again, NV was a desert, so....yeah :P FO4 is supposed to be Boston, so the urban decay should be really neat

DefconRave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#97 DefconRave
Member since 2013 • 806 Posts

Please let Obsidian handle this, Bethesda can't write decent quests/plot for sh*t.

Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Jagged3dge
Member since 2008 • 3895 Posts

@wis3boi said:

@johnd13 said:

@wis3boi said:

@johnd13 said:

Yeah, obisidian blows beth away at characters and story. NV just doesnt have the number of random locations to dive into and explore and loot like Skyrim/FO3. Then again, NV was a desert, so....yeah :P FO4 is supposed to be Boston, so the urban decay should be really neat

Doubt it'll be in Boston. At least I hope not.

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#99 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

No way would Bethesda let Obsidian handle their first major installment of the gen

Would be nice though

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts

@DefconRave said:

Please let Obsidian handle this, Bethesda can't write decent quests/plot for sh*t.

Or roleplaying mechanics.

I'll forgive a lot if the game makes diplomacy-oriented builds viable like they are in every game that isn't 3 or Tactics.