Unreal Tournament Screens and Video (CGI level Graphics)

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@soulitane said:

@AM-Gamer said:

@-God-: And yet you are hyping concept images with no Hud. Last time I checked cgi uses DoF as well you stupid troll.

For one, CGI doesn't have to use DoF. Secondly, DoF would probably be terrible for a fast paced game such as this, in my opinion at least.

It is over used. It is telling you where you are looking or focusing based on a dot in the center of the screen.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202  Edited By zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

@zeeshanhaider: Here he is, bahaha. The troll who said the order was downgraded. The same person who lies and misquoted me in every post. Still waiting for you to show me the rough edges in the coat once i showed you a frame to frame comparison. The same dumbass who said Infamous SS doesn't look as good in photomode because of camera angles and then says modded gta 4 pictures with no hud and not even a character model on screen are legit. You are the classic hermit I was referring to.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, AM-Gamer in his full glory. You might have seen retards before, but I can tell you none were like him.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203  Edited By AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@zeeshanhaider: what a logical comeback!

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 AM-Gamer

@-God-: Lol stop owning yourself you foolish troll. You can't even post on your main account anymore.

Nothing about UT is special and outside of hermits on SW nobody thinks it looks exceptionally special.

Lol at the blur in the terrain shot.

R10nu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 R10nu
Member since 2006 • 1679 Posts

@playharderfool said:

Crysis was supposed to be not even be remotely possible on last gen consoles, I remember all the talk, and it actually looked like something that console might not ever be able to do but how did that end?

As a severely gimped 720p version of the game with some levels missing.

Your point?

@playharderfool said:

I also remember PC fans vanishing of ethan carter wasn't possible on current gen consoles, nuff said there.

Citation needed.

All the praise for the game mentioned how incredibly well it's optimized.

But i'm willing to bet you're just full of shit and not gonna back that up.

@playharderfool said:

Secondly, I used Killzone 2 as my example, a PS3, game. Now I am not sure you are dense enough to think I was trying to hype the Killzone franchise because you'd be wrong

I wasn't even talking about you.

@playharderfool said:

Very few games are/were as detailed and presented such an amazing atmosphere as Killzone 2 did.

If you wanna discuss your lack of taste, make a separate thread.

@playharderfool said:

You probably never played it
@playharderfool said:

how about Metro 2033?

What about it?

@playharderfool said:

for reference, Killzone 2

@playharderfool said:

I still don't think Metro beats out Killzone 2 as an example of what I am talking about but if it helps you to not act like a child in responses to me then I'll make that sacrifice.

You would know what acting like a child is like, getting all defensive and calling me a raging fanboy when i wasn't even talking about you or your precious little game.

If you need more schooling, you know where to find me.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 -God-
Member since 2004 • 3627 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

Nothing about UT is special and outside of hermits on SW nobody thinks it looks exceptionally special.

Yeah man its only SW. No one cares about UT.

DERP.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 -God-
Member since 2004 • 3627 Posts

@zeeshanhaider said:

@blueeyedcasva said:

@-God- said:

@blueeyedcasva said:

@AM-Gamer said:

@-God-: And yet you are hyping concept images with no Hud. Last time I checked cgi uses DoF as well you stupid troll.

What are concept images?

He thinks the pictures posted in this thread are concept images.

Thats how bad UT owns him.

well yeah I kinda realize what he try to say. The game looks exactly like the images that have been posted. I think it was clearly obvious.

It's just the beginning. He will also tell you how he has 680 and GTA 4 modded pics are bullshots too. And you haven't heard the best yet, that different animation keyframe causes the change in poly count of character models.

@AM-Gamer is probably the most owned poster at SW now. Yeesh.

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

Just give me this on any consoles, Xbox One or PS4 I really don't care I just need this game in my library!!!!

Avatar image for midnightchannel
MidnightChannel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 MidnightChannel
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Can't wait to play this on Grid.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By AM-Gamer

@-God- said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

@blueeyedcasva said:

@-God- said:

@blueeyedcasva said:

@AM-Gamer said:

What are concept images?

He thinks the pictures posted in this thread are concept images.

Thats how bad UT owns him.

well yeah I kinda realize what he try to say. The game looks exactly like the images that have been posted. I think it was clearly obvious.

It's just the beginning. He will also tell you how he has 680 and GTA 4 modded pics are bullshots too. And you haven't heard the best yet, that different animation keyframe causes the change in poly count of character models.

@AM-Gamer is probably the most owned poster at SW now. Yeesh.

LMAO i own you two clowns repeatedly, hell you even had to make an alt account you fool. Funny you don't even deny it. HAHA

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#211 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@BigShotSmoov007 said:

Just give me this on any consoles, Xbox One or PS4 I really don't care I just need this game in my library!!!!

This is what killed the last UT.

It might come to consoles (probably will) but will also probably die in a week anyway. UT4 is extremely focused on community inetraction and modding, specially now that UE4 is free.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

@deadline-zero0 said:

@BigShotSmoov007 said:

It might come to consoles (probably will) but will also probably die in a week anyway. UT4 is extremely focused on community inetraction and modding, specially now that UE4 is free.

Dude you don't know what you're talking about, how did bringing it to a wider range of gamers kill Unreal, you sounding like a PC guy that doesn't want any PC games to come to consoles for your own selfish reasons? Explain that to me?

REKThard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 REKThard
Member since 2014 • 479 Posts

@BigShotSmoov007 said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

@BigShotSmoov007 said:

Dude you don't know what you're talking about, how did bringing it to a wider range of gamers kill Unreal, you sounding like a PC guy that doesn't want any PC games to come to consoles for your own selfish reasons? Explain that to me?

did you actually read his post? he already explained why

xWoW_Rougex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#214 xWoW_Rougex
Member since 2009 • 2793 Posts

Hopefully this game will also feature Capture The Flag and other modes, plus a nice variety of maps. It's important that they'll have more than like 5 maps, don't care how pretty they'll be, that's gonna get boring quickly

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

Holy crap consoles went from 2nd place gfx to distant second place gfx from this latest GDC.

I love it.

aniket_sucker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#216 aniket_sucker
Member since 2004 • 251 Posts

@xWoW_Rougex: It's not the number of maps that counts but how well you can master them

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#217 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Dem graphics... And this is just pre-alpha? Wow.

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#218 slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1345 Posts

@xWoW_Rougex: It does feature CTF, I've been playing it the past couple of days and it runs really good for a pre alpha, they have somewhere around 10 maps available now plus DM, TDM, and Duel. The only problem so far is matchmaking, but I'm guessing that's because of so many people trying to play the game. People are gonna hate but in game graphics look just as good as the pics Epic have been posting.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#219 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@BigShotSmoov007 said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

@BigShotSmoov007 said:

Consoles don't allow one of the things that made UT one the best games ever.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

@clyde46:

Okay but how did releasing unreal on consoles killed it? You can have games come out on consoles and still release it on pc with all the mods and things that pc gamers are use too. That makes no sense. Opening up a game to a wider group of gamers beyond just pc doesn't kill a game.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@BigShotSmoov007: It wasn't releasing it on consoles, it was making it for consoles. The movement speed, the weapon switching speed, everything felt slower.

It was still a UT game, but UT3 was easily much slower than previous ones. Plus the disgusing Gears of War asthetic drove people away. UT wasn't (isn't) gears, and EPIC tried to force it to be.

It was never advertized has the reborn UT people wanted, but a console oriented UT. In complete contrast to this new forth (well, 5th actually) version, which is being built for pc, alongside the community, focused on modding and interaction.

Yes, the ps3 version could use mods and k/m, but obviously they didn't make them and controllers where the default input method.

Basically, epic tried to force console ecosystems onto the pc ut community.

It's not about the game being on consoles (which is fine), it's about development taking console into focus with their lack of K/M, modding and open source elements has the standart, like on PC.

Like i said, the game will probably be on the ps4 and xb1 eventually (almost certain) anyway.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts
@deadline-zero0 said:

@BigShotSmoov007: It wasn't releasing it on consoles, it was making it for consoles. The movement speed, the weapon switching speed, everything felt slower.

It was still a UT game, but UT3 was easily much slower than previous ones. Plus the disgusing Gears of War asthetic drove people away. UT wasn't (isn't) gears, and EPIC tried to force it to be.

It was never advertized has the reborn UT people wanted, but a console oriented UT. In complete contrast to this new forth (well, 5th actually) version, which is being built for pc, alongside the community, focused on modding and interaction.

Yes, the ps3 version could use mods and k/m, but obviously they didn't make them and controllers where the default input method.

Basically, epic tried to force console ecosystems onto the pc ut community.

It's not about the game being on consoles (which is fine), it's about development taking console into focus with their lack of K/M, modding and open source elements has the standart, like on PC.

Like i said, the game will probably be on the ps4 and xb1 eventually (almost certain) anyway.

I think the aesthetic of UT3 had more to do with UE3 than it did Gears of Wars. But yeah, it was much slower than previous games and it lost a lot of what made it great.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

This game looks F*ing Sick!!! ..but also boring as hell. I've played the Sh!t out of UT over the years and this looks like more of the same.

..but those visuals though..

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#224 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

The CA in the 2nd screenshot is ugly as hell, also, why not show off this map?

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 GodspellWH
Member since 2013 • 1078 Posts

@mitu123 said:

The CA in the 2nd screenshot is ugly as hell, also, why not show off this map?

cool

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#227 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

@playharderfool said:

I'd be more impressed if the game was more war-torn ala Killzone 2 but the extremely clean and simplistic graphics do nothing for me.

That's a terrible idea. This is arena shooter. Having dirty, cluttered enviorements is terrible idea for a game like this, it would destroy the gameplay.

daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#228 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts

shadow fall looks better than that

Halo2-Best-FPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By Halo2-Best-FPS
Member since 2004 • 784 Posts

The Order looks better, hermits low standards proved?

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4867 Posts

Epic balled out on this engine. Its very efficient. I'm running the game on a 280x and a 5 year old i7-920 and its running extremely smooth at 1080p and I'm almost able to run it at 3440x1440, but not quite.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

Unreal Engine 4 is free to download and make games with? Where previous unreal engines free to download also? Seems pretty generous.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#232  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61545 Posts

I gave that map a whirl just now, and it is ridiculously nice looking.

gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

#233  Edited By gamecubepad
Member since 2003 • 7214 Posts
@Crossel777 said:

Unreal Engine 4 is free to download and make games with? Where previous unreal engines free to download also? Seems pretty generous.

UDK(UE3) formally had a "seat" fee of $99 plus royalty fees. It became free and then UE4 was $20/month up until they made it free. It is generous, but also very savvy. They're trying to push UE, so they want it to become elemental to the academic and user created scenes. Being free does that. Also, they stand to benefit from the marketplace for UE and UT user-generated content, as well as from royalty fees. It's win-win.