Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

Souce

And its VR game

Ubisoft announced Prince of Persia: The Dagger of Time on Wednesday, a co-operative escape room that utilizes VR set in the Prince of Persia universe. It’s the developer’s third location-based VR escape room after making two others based on the Assassin’s Creed series.

yawn! moar VR game. feeling bad for fans who are asking new POP instead of Assasssins creed.

next is splinter cell VR.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

Got excited then find out it's a VR game.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#3 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

They could have tried, and made something like Moss, instead it probably will be 40 minutes of giving VR a bad name.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:

They could have tried, and made something like Moss, instead it probably will be 40 minutes of giving VR a bad name.

VR is mockery it self.

even console gaming is far better than this crappy overpriced gimmick serve no purpose than blind other peoples.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#5  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17806 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

It will only be playable in night vision mode and they will have the signature triple lens night vision goggles attachment for HMD.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#6 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69466 Posts

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 my_user_name  Online
Member since 2019 • 1237 Posts

Wow Ubisoft thanks for giving the players what they want.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

Souce

And its VR game

Ubisoft announced Prince of Persia: The Dagger of Time on Wednesday, a co-operative escape room that utilizes VR set in the Prince of Persia universe. It’s the developer’s third location-based VR escape room after making two others based on the Assassin’s Creed series.

yawn! moar VR game. feeling bad for fans who are asking new POP instead of Assasssins creed.

Sounds awesome!!!! hope your right.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

I love VR but god damn Ubisoft, really?

They literally just postponed all their games due to a poor financial year and all but apologized for GR: Breakpoint, and some yahoo over there thinks a VR game is going to turn things around?

VR is awesome, and who knows maybe this game will be great too, but no one asked for this.

I think they need some new leadership over there.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8470 Posts

It's not a VR game, you idiot. It's a escape room themed after PoP kinda like Disney theme parks. Do you even know what escape rooms are? You just saw VR in the article and started sh*t posting?

Also, trying way too hard to be cup but it's not working. I'm sure he'll be flattered though.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

As @pc_rocks said, it's not a VR game, but a VR-based Escape Room. Essentially, you go to a location, place on a VR headset and try to "escape" the situation. Whether they eventually roll this out as a home-based software is unsure, but would be hella expensive for the user.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

Another escape room VR game. Shame that most VR titles feel like demo's. Lame ones at that. Now a real Sands of Time remake in VR would be fun if done right. Might give dweeby people the pukes though...they have tender stomachs I hear.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

Well, not into VR myself but that aside I loved series previous entries but fail to see how it could be brought back while maintaining its identity. Would it be like an Assassin's Creed game, or a Souls game, or a hybrid of the two? This VR pivot to me really seems like the only way to go.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

Came in this thread to say meh.. then saw it's VR... and now it rates a double meh with a side of pssshh..

Loading Video...

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

Damnit was actually hype for about 1.5 seconds, I always likeed prince of persia more than assasins creed, vr tho, pass

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56094 Posts

But I already Watch Prince of Persia movie...in VR ;)

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

ghost shouts out some bullshit to pretend he isnt the biggest casual 4 ever.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

@warmblur said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Souce

And its VR game

Sounds awesome!!!! hope your right.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts

Aw man. Got excited for 2 seconds before it loaded the thread.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Litchie
@davillain- said:

But I already Watch Prince of Persia movie...in VR ;)

It was so.. so bad.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

VR already has a bad name, and so do you for shilling it lol.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@i_p_daily said:
@uninspiredcup said:

well, atleast here we have alliance against VR and Half life VR.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@ghosts4ever said:
@i_p_daily said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Litchie

@ghosts4ever said:
@i_p_daily said:
@uninspiredcup said:

The alliance of morons. Well, it's nice you're grouped up into one, you'll be easier to ignore.

"Games should never evolve in this direction! Developers are bad for trying! People playing these games are bad!"

That's you guys.

I mean, I don't want VR either since I think it's too early to be great, and it's expensive on top of that. But I want it to become better. I'm not acting like it's futile, will never work, and that we should be playing on flat screens forever. That would be fucking dumb.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Ghosts4ever

@Litchie said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@i_p_daily said:
@uninspiredcup said:

The alliance of morons. Well, it's nice you're grouped up into one, you'll be easier to ignore.

"Games should never evolve in this direction! Developers are bad for trying! People playing these games are bad!"

That's you guys.

I mean, I don't want VR either since I think it's too early to be great, and it's expensive on top of that. But I want it to become better. I'm not acting like it's futile, will never work, and that we should be playing on flat screens forever. That would be fucking dumb.

just look at where valve fall from grace.

they never mention Half life since 2 decades, keep silent, then create VR index and use its name to sell thier VR set.

if any other company did this. they would be eaten alive. but its valve who did this. they get free pass.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@Litchie: Says games don't play properly on consoles in one thread, and yet here you are in this thread calling others morons, no mirrors in your house obviously.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56094 Posts

@i_p_daily: I like my PSVR well enough that I want VR as a whole to do better in the future but I sure won't say it's the greatest gaming tech alive either. VR has a long way to go. I rather see VR succeed than game streaming.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Ghosts4ever

@i_p_daily said:

@Litchie: Says games don't play properly on consoles in one thread, and yet here you are in this thread calling others morons, no mirrors in your house obviously.

I never understand why you claim to be gaming expert when you only play on xbox which have no exclusive and microsoft focus is now shift towards PC leaving xbox just after though. phill spencer now care more about PC because he sees PC as biggest gaming platform. thats why Halo will be from now a PC shooter instead of console. and also making Age of empire 4.

beside you only play racing games but claim yourself to be expert my friend.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@ghosts4ever said:
@i_p_daily said:

I never understand why you claim to be gaming expert when you only play on xbox which have no exclusive and microsoft focus is now shift towards PC leaving xbox just after though. phill spencer now care more about PC because he sees PC as biggest gaming platform. thats why Halo will be from now a PC shooter instead of console. and also making Age of empire 4.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Litchie

@i_p_daily said:

But there's a lot of games that don't run properly on consoles. Have you seen none of them?

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

In an attempt to put this train back on the tracks...

Why did they bother putting the PoP name on it? They could have easily just made a new IP.

More info is definitely needed but this is nowhere near my "need to play" list.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@davillain- said:

@i_p_daily: I like my PSVR well enough that I want VR as a whole to do better in the future but I sure won't say it's the greatest gaming tech alive either. VR has a long way to go. I rather see VR succeed than game streaming.

There's nothing wrong with traditional gaming and yet people keep trying to change it.

VR & streaming is not the future of gaming, but if it goes that way, well i'll happily become a retro gamer.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
@Litchie said:
@i_p_daily said:

But there's a lot of games that don't run properly on consoles. Have you seen none of them?

There are games that don't run properly on every platform, its not console exclusive, but if you're going down the "don't run properly because they're not 60fps" route then you're as dumb as a certain other hermits on here.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

Loved the originals, but now, now Ubi is a worthless company that is unnable to create video games. All their games are the same, filled with mmo-like chores.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Litchie

@i_p_daily said:
@Litchie said:
@i_p_daily said:

There are games that don't run properly on every platform, its not console exclusive, but if you're going down the "don't run properly because they're not 60fps" route then you're as dumb as a certain other hermits on here.

No, a game can run in 30 fps, that's fine. Can feel lame when you're used to 60 of course, but it's fine as long as it's consistent. I've seen many examples where those 30 fps haven't been consistent in console games, and that's what I'm referring to when I say a game doesn't run properly.

And yes, fps problems can occur on PC too, of course. But much less (in my experience), and it's also fixable most of the time. If a developer have made a console game that's unable to run in stable 30 or 60 fps, you're stuck with their failure. To make a game that's not running well on stuck hardware is just bizarre in my book. But it's sadly common, and I think people complain about it way less than they should.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@Litchie said:
@i_p_daily said:
@Litchie said:
@i_p_daily said:

No, a game can run in 30 fps, that's fine. Can feel lame when you're used to 60 of course, but it's fine as long as it's consistent. I've seen many examples where those 30 fps haven't been consistent in console games, and that's what I'm referring to when I say a game doesn't run properly.

And yes, fps problems can occur on PC too, of course. But much less (in my experience), and it's also fixable most of the time. If a developer have made a console game that's unable to run in stable 30 or 60 fps, you're stuck with their failure. To make a game that's not running well on stuck hardware is just bizarre in my book. But it's sadly common, and I think people complain about it way less than they should.

A sensible PC gamer who knew lol.

But seriously I live in a country where I can get a refund for it if I need to (just one thing our government does right) and no company is exempt to that rule as Valve found out lol.

Oh and with social media the way it is these days no dev gets away without criticism, its just that some of the big companies (EA/Activision etc) try to ignore it.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Ghosts4ever

@i_p_daily said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@i_p_daily said:

the girl is so cute. using F words on her doesnot really suit her. just saying.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@ghosts4ever said:
@i_p_daily said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@i_p_daily said:

the girl is so cute. using F words on her doesnot really suit her. just saying.

I bet she would look even better with a Doom helmet on right? either way you're still an idiot.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@ghosts4ever: Its from a movie, and that's exactly what she says in the movie. And it fits perfectly with all your post, all of them.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

Shame. Not really into VR.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

Let's just stop talking about Ubisoft. I can't think of a more boring publisher.

ZmanBarzel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ZmanBarzel
Member since 2014 • 3138 Posts

@Telekill: The fact that so many people are talking about this shows why they think shelling out for the Prince of Persia license is worth it in this case.