True reason why KB+Mouse is so superior than Gamepads in FPS

• 86 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Painballz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Painballz
Member since 2008 • 1058 Posts

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OBF3xbdD3P0

Speed and accuracy

Actually watch the vide before you reply

Lab392

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Lab392
Member since 2006 • 6217 Posts
Man! That's fast.
Kirlok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Kirlok
Member since 2008 • 2061 Posts
not worth the extra $$$
VScalar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 VScalar
Member since 2005 • 2607 Posts
Uh...because it gives you grainy blurry videos?
-Wheels-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 -Wheels-
Member since 2005 • 3137 Posts
Ya, I think that's known already.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts
keyboard and mouse? where we're going we dont need keyboard and mouse *we have aimbot* if you actually think your gonna tell me that is legit sorry half the time he isn't even aiming he just moves the crosshairs across the screen and magically someone dies.
anonymoussum1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 anonymoussum1
Member since 2006 • 771 Posts

Uh...because it gives you grainy blurry videos?VScalar

This quote wins.

Painballz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Painballz

keyboard and mouse? where we're going we dont need keyboard and mouse *we have aimbot* if you actually think your gonna tell me that is legit sorry half the time he isn't even aiming he just moves the crosshairs across the screen and magically someone dies.WilliamRLBaker

Its called skill, something that you lack

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts
Are you actually a Hermit, or a poser trying to make the fanbase look bad?
Painballz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Painballz

Are you actually a Hermit, or a poser trying to make the fanbase look bad?Verge_6

A hermit, check my Xfire if you don't believe me

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]keyboard and mouse? where we're going we dont need keyboard and mouse *we have aimbot* if you actually think your gonna tell me that is legit sorry half the time he isn't even aiming he just moves the crosshairs across the screen and magically someone dies.Painballz

Its called skill, some thing that you lack

its called aimbot, something i refuse to use on pc fps games.
this is confirmed the PC version of COD2 and there is no skill in that movie, continuely hes geting 2-3 kills in a row with one-two shots, he continuely just swipes his cross hair accross the screen fires once and magically gets a kill, often he goes around a corner kills a guy then jumps up and shoots a guy he some how knew was there in the distance with no detail that he ever saw that guy there before or after he just magically pops up and boom his cross hair is on someones head and they are dead.

Its not skill its aimbot.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
Great. You have an opinion. So do I.
xgraderx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 xgraderx
Member since 2008 • 2395 Posts
Every montage looks like this even the ones made by console gamers.Anyone who is good and plays a game often enough can put together an amazing montage.
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Verge_6

[QUOTE="Verge_6"]Are you actually a Hermit, or a poser trying to make the fanbase look bad?Painballz

A hermit, check my Xfire if you don't believe me

Oh dear, that feeling of shame from association is returning again. *sigh*

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts
  • Speed
  • Accuracy
  • Precision

I think everybody knows by now.

Painballz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Painballz
[QUOTE="Painballz"]

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]keyboard and mouse? where we're going we dont need keyboard and mouse *we have aimbot* if you actually think your gonna tell me that is legit sorry half the time he isn't even aiming he just moves the crosshairs across the screen and magically someone dies.WilliamRLBaker

this is confirmed the PC version of COD2 and there is no skill in that movie, continuely hes geting 2-3 kills in a row with one-two shots, he continuely just swipes his cross hair accross the screen fires once and magically gets a kill, often he goes around a corner kills a guy then jumps up and shoots a guy he some how knew was there in the distance with no detail that he ever saw that guy there before or after he just magically pops up and boom his cross hair is on someones head and they are dead.

Dude, why can't you understand? Competitive PC Gaming a whole world and beyond console competitive gaming.

The guy is just that good

iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
i like keybarod and mouse better then controls. nice video.
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Blackbond
[QUOTE="Painballz"]

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]keyboard and mouse? where we're going we dont need keyboard and mouse *we have aimbot* if you actually think your gonna tell me that is legit sorry half the time he isn't even aiming he just moves the crosshairs across the screen and magically someone dies.WilliamRLBaker

These are LAN games :|

tmntPunchout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 tmntPunchout
Member since 2007 • 3770 Posts
  • Speed
  • Accuracy
  • Precision

I think everybody knows by now.

Blackbond

Yeap.. anyone who plays fps's on consoles and pcs knows this is true.. Also, more hotkeys/macro options for other games I might add..

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#20 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
Thank you captain obvious
Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Pro_wrestler
Member since 2002 • 7880 Posts
That video was mostly stitched clips of different gameplay. Theres not anything that couldn't have been done with a pad. With COD2, its extremely easy to pull off a shot from long distances + headshots thanks to gameplay mechanic.

Besides, you can't just use any run-of-the-mill KB/m. You'll need one with a certain switch technology and a mouse with a high enough dpi. Thats why there are dedicated gaming KB/m.
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Blackbond

That video was mostly stitched clips of different gameplay. Theres not anything that couldn't have been done with a pad. With COD2, its extremely easy to pull off a shot from long distances + headshots thanks to gameplay mechanic.

Besides, you can't just use any run-of-the-mill KB/m. You'll need one with a certain switch technology and a mouse with a high enough dpi. Thats why there are dedicated gaming KB/m.
Pro_wrestler

Well you could do it. Just not with the accuracy, speed or precision. Its playable and good but compared to the mouse its just technically inferior man.

Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Pro_wrestler

[QUOTE="Pro_wrestler"]That video was mostly stitched clips of different gameplay. Theres not anything that couldn't have been done with a pad. With COD2, its extremely easy to pull off a shot from long distances + headshots thanks to gameplay mechanic.

Blackbond

Well you could do it. Just not with the accuracy, speed or precision. Its playable and good but compared to the mouse its just technically inferior man.

Yeah, its inferior but TC acts as though it makes a difference. TC is comparing 2 territories were, regardless of which you prefer..the playing feild is even. (Unless you use a pad whilst playing an uber elite in CS, but unlikely). Eh, Painballz thread.

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 Ket87
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts

Speed and accuracy

Painballz

Give it a rest man, if your gonna start a console bashing thread every half hour I think the mods should actually step in for a change and start locking your topics because this is getting a bit ridiculous. Yes its sad your the one hermit willing doing all the overtime on defending the PC but give it a break. At least start a console bashing thread once a day maybe. Because everytime I've checked the boards in the last couple of hours I've seen a new console bashing trolling thread by you.

Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Pro_wrestler

Dude, why can't you understand? Competitive PC Gaming a whole world and beyond console competitive gaming.

The guy is just that good

Painballz

So I'm going to assume that you rank among the best of both worlds to draw such a conclusion from comparing and contrasting both? :D

Avatar image for Uberbadassmufuh
Uberbadassmufuh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Uberbadassmufuh
Member since 2004 • 1006 Posts

Am I the only one who didn't find that montage all that impressive? Seemed kind of like run of the mill PC fps to me. Now if a bunch of people were doing that with pads I'd be impressed. All that reel really demonstrates is the entry level to pubbing PC FPS's. Anything lower than that and you're just going to get owned over and over unless you're playing with other noobs.

Painballz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Painballz

Am I the only one who didn't find that montage all that impressive? Seemed kind of like run of the mill PC fps to me. Now if a bunch of people were doing that with pads I'd be impressed. All that reel really demonstrates is the entry level to pubbing PC FPS's. Anything lower than that and you're just going to get owned over and over unless you're playing with other noobs.

Uberbadassmufuh

You do know the game was COD2, right?

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

Now this is speed and accuarcy. Youtube

Uberbadassmufuh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Uberbadassmufuh
[QUOTE="Uberbadassmufuh"]

Painballz

You do know the game was COD2, right?

Oui, however... I was under the impression we were commenting on the control scheme/player skill factor. I don't see how it being COD2 has any bearing on that. Just not that impressive in the sea of PC FPS players.

Avatar image for LinKuei_warrior
LinKuei_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#30 LinKuei_warrior
Member since 2006 • 2670 Posts
i hate PC gaming.
Uberbadassmufuh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Uberbadassmufuh

goblaa

Ok, that one rates a whoa.

anshul89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 anshul89
Member since 2006 • 5705 Posts
of course kb+m is better for fps. isnt that the reason console games have auto aim ? :lol:
butteater86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 butteater86
Member since 2007 • 1306 Posts
God I miss playing Call of Duty 2.
Avatar image for ChinoJamesKeene
ChinoJamesKeene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ChinoJamesKeene
Member since 2003 • 1201 Posts
[QUOTE="Painballz"]

Seen better reels that that, pretty boring. COD2 isn't a great game to show off skills, every gun is like a railgun anyway, way too easy to kill. The video isn't a fake dude... check old CS awp vids with quickswitch glich, they no scope the whole time.

Riki101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Riki101
Member since 2004 • 2339 Posts

goblaa

the screen stands still, there is no moving, and for petes sake its not that hard
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Verge_6
Folks, this vid IS real. With that said, using CoD2 to showcase your snap-shotting skills is like using Ace Combat 6 to show how great of a fighter pilot you are.
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts
[QUOTE="goblaa"]

Riki101

the screen stands still, there is no moving, and for petes sake its not that hard

Who cares if the view is not moving, the targets are still moving. Same difference. And if it's so easy, lets see you get 902 points.

killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts

goblaa
O_O That was pretty amazing!!!!I want WiiPlay now.
Lothenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Lothenon
Member since 2003 • 1177 Posts

Now, go watch the video again and tell me what is closer to real-life accuracy and speed of actual guns, kb or gamepad? :D

No actually, I used to scorn gamepad-FPS too. But as of 08 I have come to realize: Screw accuracy and speed. Playing these games with Thumbsticks is just more fun to me, and way more immersing.

An example: I frequently play Day of Defeat. M/KB of course. But If I had the chance to make the whole game Pad-controlled (as in, all players would play with pads), I'd do it. Playing fps with a gamepad in your hands is less accurate, and takes getting used to, but ultimatly, for me, is a lot more fun.

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts

Will that speed, accuracy and so called precision make a console FPS even more/less fun? I play FPS on both decives, because I like the varied feel in both.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
Member since 2002 • 7110 Posts

In other words, coming from the TC, a hardcore trolling hermit...the PC is "vastly superior" than consoles, right?

Gmme a Break, kid. You give hermits a serious bad name.

As much respect I have for the PC, though mine is a PoS and I rarely play it for Newer games like Crysis, I'll stick to convenience and fun out of the box...CONSOLES :P

BTW, KB+Mouse is "superior" because simply, it's EASIER ;)

Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Relys
Member since 2005 • 4426 Posts

That's funny, I was just playing COD2.

Anyways, as most montages go. Lots of them were lucky shots. I've seen the same kinds of movies in Halo 3. I honestly wouldn't be supprised if that guy was using an aimbot seeing how half of the shots look like he didn't even aim.

Anyways, everyone already agrees that KB+Mouse is superior. You're proving a point that was already a fact.

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Verge_6

That's funny, I was just playing COD2.

Anyways, as most montages go. Lots of them were lucky shots. I've seen the same kinds of movies in Halo 3. I honestly wouldn't be supprised if that guy was using an aimbot seeing how half of the shots look like he didn't even aim.

Anyways, everyone already agrees that KB+Mouse is superior. You're proving a point that was already a fact.

Relys

Couldn't be using an aimbot, that's a LAN tourny. But, again, being able to snapshot in CoD2 isn't exactly a display of God-given talent. Now, CS or DoD...

shoubra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 shoubra
Member since 2008 • 104 Posts

WilliamRLBaker

Someone's never played a PC FPS before. :|

DarthKalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DarthKalo
Member since 2006 • 902 Posts

Speed and accuracy

Painballz
I like a game pad for shooters because it actually takesskill to line up the aiming reticule! Anyone can drag a mouse quickly.
MrGrimFandango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MrGrimFandango
Member since 2005 • 5286 Posts
Wow CoD2, awful example from an awful online game. (great single player)
devious742

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 devious742
Member since 2003 • 3924 Posts
[QUOTE="Painballz"]

Speed and accuracy

DarthKalo

I like a game pad for shooters because it actually takesskill(and i little help of auto-aim)to line up the aiming reticule! Anyone can drag a mouse quickly :| :lol:

wow..dude..wow... yeah its really easy to make headshots with the DPI all the way up:roll:...

why is it that ppl always say that...since the controllers are slower to aim and harder..that it takes more skill..i dont get this...

trasherhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#48 trasherhead
Member since 2005 • 3058 Posts
I still prefer to enjoy my games from the sofa with my gamepad.
And if anyone want to spend their time gettiing THAT good in an FPS(unless he uses aimbot :P ), then thats abit sad for him. Cause then gaming becomes more of a job then actual play. And as we all should know, that is wrong.
t1no87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 t1no87
Member since 2007 • 104 Posts

keyboard and mouse? where we're going we dont need keyboard and mouse *we have aimbot* if you actually think your gonna tell me that is legit sorry half the time he isn't even aiming he just moves the crosshairs across the screen and magically someone dies.WilliamRLBaker

It's not aimbot, i use to play cod2 for pc and i was that good.

t1no87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 t1no87
Member since 2007 • 104 Posts

I still prefer to enjoy my games from the sofa with my gamepad.
And if anyone want to spend their time gettiing THAT good in an FPS(unless he uses aimbot :P ), then thats abit sad for him. Cause then gaming becomes more of a job then actual play. And as we all should know, that is wrong.
trasherhead

Well, if someone has played pc fps games for a long time then it's not hard to get that good.

You can't really compare the both, kb+mouse and gamepad. The gameplay is different and they are both fun, just depends on what you like and are most comfortable with. So i see no point in a thread like this.