Top 10 Official Best Games Of all Time

• 83 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SalesAnalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SalesAnalyst
Member since 2009 • 38 Posts
1. Halo 3 2. Legend of Zelda 3. MGS2 4. Super Mario 64 5. Resident Evil 6.Gears of War 7. HL + HL2 8. Final Fantasy 9. Skate 10. Call of Duty 4 Agree / Disagree?
AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts

1. Halo 3

2. Legend of Zelda

3. MGS2

4. Super Mario 64

5. Resident Evil 6.Gears of War

7. HL + HL2

8. Final Fantasy

9. Skate

10. Call of Duty 4

Agree / Disagree?SalesAnalyst

Resident Evil 6 doesn't exist.

Mogotoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Mogotoo
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

I'm assuming this is your personal list. How are you judging games exactly?

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

...0_o .. really?

EazyD91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 EazyD91
Member since 2007 • 781 Posts

1. Halo 3 2. Legend of Zelda 3. MGS2 4. Super Mario 64 5. Resident Evil 6.Gears of War 7. HL + HL2 8. Final Fantasy 9. Skate 10. Callof Duty 4 Agree / Disagree?SalesAnalyst
Disagree

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts
[QUOTE="SalesAnalyst"]1. Halo 3 2. Legend of Zelda 3. MGS2 4. Super Mario 64 5. Resident Evil 6.Gears of War 7. HL + HL2 8. Final Fantasy 9. Skate 10. Call of Duty 4 Agree / Disagree?

i just vomited a bit, i think my whole body disagrees with that list.
tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts
I hated the first Final Fantasy.
SalesAnalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SalesAnalyst

[QUOTE="SalesAnalyst"]1. Halo 3

2. Legend of Zelda

3. MGS2

4. Super Mario 64

5. Resident Evil 6.Gears of War

7. HL + HL2

8. Final Fantasy

9. Skate

10. Call of Duty 4

Agree / Disagree?AgentA-Mi6

Resident Evil 6 doesn't exist.

Resident Evil 4 it is. 6 means 6th place, which belongs to GoW.. It's a typing error.
MasteRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MasteRich
Member since 2006 • 479 Posts
Your "Personal" Official list.
SalesAnalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SalesAnalyst

[QUOTE="SalesAnalyst"]1. Halo 3 2. Legend of Zelda 3. MGS2 4. Super Mario 64 5. Resident Evil 6.Gears of War 7. HL + HL2 8. Final Fantasy 9. Skate 10. Call of Duty 4 Agree / Disagree?EazyD91

Disagree

Nintendo fanboy?? maybe you should go and play Super Mario Galaxy, that'sthe latest good game that Wii got. O_O
jetpower3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jetpower3
Member since 2005 • 11631 Posts

No Grim Fandango= Giga-Fail.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

What makes this list so official?

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 surrealnumber5

What makes this list so official?

Animal-Mother
dont you see his name, he is the official judge.......
No_Quoter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 No_Quoter
Member since 2008 • 281 Posts
People can compare... only arrogant opinionated people would argue over top10 lists, that said Im sure you posted this only to start something. Mine looks something like this: (In no particular order) 1. Counter Strike Source 2. AVP 3. General Chaos 4. Chameleon Kid 5. Need for Speed Underground 6. Tony Hawks Pro Skater 4 7. Fifa 98 Road to France 8. Quake 2 9. Unreal Tournament 99 10. No one Live for ever 2
SalesAnalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SalesAnalyst
I hated the first Final Fantasy.tagyhag
Maybe just because you never knew how to play the game.
Mr_Splosher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Mr_Splosher
Member since 2009 • 772 Posts
Your personal list, not an official one....
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
Skate AND Casual Duty 4 in the same list? Wow. Win.
EazyD91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 EazyD91
[QUOTE="EazyD91"]

[QUOTE="SalesAnalyst"]1. Halo 3 2. Legend of Zelda 3. MGS2 4. Super Mario 64 5. Resident Evil 6.Gears of War 7. HL + HL2 8. Final Fantasy 9. Skate 10. Call of Duty 4 Agree / Disagree?SalesAnalyst

Disagree

Nintendo fanboy?? maybe you should go and play Super Mario Galaxy, that's the latest good game that Wii got. O_O

What are you talking about? All the games I left un-high lighted weren't all nintendo games. Everyone else seems to disagree with you too. And no, Galaxy isn't the last good wii game, stop living in 2007
SalesAnalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SalesAnalyst

jetpower3
Grim is an overrated game with a weak plot and cartoonish graphics in need of good controls and gameplay.
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 surrealnumber5
[QUOTE="No_Quoter"]People can compare... only arrogant opinionated people would argue over top10 lists, that said Im sure you posted this only to start something. Mine looks something like this: (In no particular order) 1. Counter Strike Source 2. AVP 3. General Chaos 4. Chameleon Kid 5. Need for Speed Underground 6. Tony Hawks Pro Skater 4 7. Fifa 98 Road to France 8. Quake 2 9. Unreal Tournament 99 10. No one Live for ever 2

3. General Chaos 4. Chameleon Kid your list gets respect from me
tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts
[QUOTE="tagyhag"]I hated the first Final Fantasy.SalesAnalyst
Maybe just because you never knew how to play the game.

It wasn't the hardest Final Fantasy... I just hated the extreme grinding.
SalesAnalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SalesAnalyst
[QUOTE="SalesAnalyst"][QUOTE="EazyD91"] Disagree

EazyD91
Nintendo fanboy?? maybe you should go and play Super Mario Galaxy, that's the latest good game that Wii got. O_O

What are you talking about? All the games I left un-high lighted weren't all nintendo games. Everyone else seems to disagree with you too. And no, Galaxy isn't the last good wii game, stop living in 2007

OK, I forgot SSBB, that one was huge and delightful news to Nintendo geeks, but other than SMG and SSBB, Wii has absolutely no games that can be quality-compared to the rival's, such as Gears of War, Halo 3, Killzone 2, Call of Duty, tekken, GTa etc. It must be sad to be a nintendo hardcore guy when you only have 2 good games. The mini games don't count and only SMG and SSBB are good.
jetpower3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jetpower3

[QUOTE="jetpower3"]

SalesAnalyst

Grim is an overrated game with a weak plot and cartoonish graphics in need of good controls and gameplay.

No, it's a unique adventure game with a great story, stylish graphics (and who ever said cartoonish is bad?) that already has good enough controls and gameplay to more than make a plenty enjoyable enough experience. And who ever said that that was the main point in the game? There's much more to it than that. It's a work of art!

And all of that's a pretty bold claim coming from someone who puts Halo 3 on the top of their list.

SalesAnalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SalesAnalyst

[QUOTE="SalesAnalyst"][QUOTE="jetpower3"]

jetpower3

No, it's a unique adventure game with a great story, stylish graphics (and who ever said cartoonish is bad?) that already has good enough controls and gameplay to more than make a plenty enjoyable enough experience. And who ever said that that was the main point in the game? There's much more to it than that. It's a work of art!

And all of that's a pretty bold claim coming from someone who puts Halo 3 on the top of their list.

What you mean? I never played Grim, just watched some videos of it. It sucks. I wouldnt want to play such a game.
mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts
Oh jeez... I sense that this will get worse.
jetpower3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jetpower3

[QUOTE="jetpower3"]

[QUOTE="SalesAnalyst"] Grim is an overrated game with a weak plot and cartoonish graphics in need of good controls and gameplay.SalesAnalyst

What you mean? I never played Grim, just watched some videos of it. It sucks. I wouldnt want to play such a game.

If you've never played it, then what justification are you using to say that it's overrated? That's like me saying that Mona Lisa is overrated just based off a description of one of my friends of the painting, and never bothering to go see the painting in person myself.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

Grim is an overrated game with a weak plot and cartoonish graphics in need of good controls and gameplay.SalesAnalyst

Your missing out on the best game ever made.
gamerkiduri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 gamerkiduri
Member since 2008 • 605 Posts

my personal top ten games of all time:

1. mgs4

2.god of war 1

3.god of war 2

4.cod4

5.ocarina of time

6.resident evil 4

7.oblivion

8.halo 2

9.shadow of the collosus

10. gran turismo 3

EazyD91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 EazyD91
[QUOTE="SalesAnalyst"][QUOTE="EazyD91"][QUOTE="SalesAnalyst"] Nintendo fanboy?? maybe you should go and play Super Mario Galaxy, that's the latest good game that Wii got. O_O

OK, I forgot SSBB, that one was huge and delightful news to Nintendo geeks, but other than SMG and SSBB, Wii has absolutely no games that can be quality-compared to the rival's, such as Gears of War, Halo 3, Killzone 2, Call of Duty, tekken, GTa etc. It must be sad to be a nintendo hardcore guy when you only have 2 good games. The mini games don't count and only SMG and SSBB are good.

And you must be fairly closed minded to believe the wii only has 2 good games. Anyways, I find it funny you group me in with the "nintendo fanboys" because I high lighted a couple of games on your list I disagree with (I prefer the 360). It makes you wonder, why make this thread then put Agree/Disagree at the bottom? I guess you thought everyone was going to agree that Halo 3 and Skate are the best games ever right? Keep trying champ
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts
Fail list is fail. And lol @ TC calling Grim Fandango a bad game.
SalesAnalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SalesAnalyst

jetpower3

If you've never played it, then what justification are you using to say that it's overrated? That's like me saying that Mona Lisa is overrated just based off a description of one of my friends of the painting, and never bothering to go see the painting in person myself.

It has a little fanbase that praise it too much. It doesnt deserve to be even in a Top 50 list.
jetpower3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 jetpower3

[QUOTE="jetpower3"]

[QUOTE="SalesAnalyst"] What you mean? I never played Grim, just watched some videos of it. It sucks. I wouldnt want to play such a game.SalesAnalyst

It has a little fanbase that praise it too much. It doesnt deserve to be even in a Top 50 list.

You're not giving me any valid reasons. So I'm just going to assume that you are just trying to troll. I'm done with this.

RobbieH1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 RobbieH1234
Member since 2005 • 7464 Posts

Lotta good stuff in here.

Lol @ the claim that Grim Fandango has a bad story.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts
[QUOTE="jetpower3"]

[QUOTE="SalesAnalyst"] What you mean? I never played Grim, just watched some videos of it. It sucks. I wouldnt want to play such a game.SalesAnalyst

How would you know if you never played it? You have no rights to judge the game AT ALL.
Mythomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Mythomniac
Member since 2009 • 1695 Posts
Awww... I was hoping it would be a official websites favorite games like GT, GS, or IGN, but it's just garbage.
swazidoughman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#37 swazidoughman
Member since 2008 • 3520 Posts

1. Halo 3 2. Legend of Zelda 3. MGS2 4. Super Mario 64 5. Resident Evil 6.Gears of War 7. HL + HL2 8. Final Fantasy 9. Skate 10. Call of Duty 4 Agree / Disagree?SalesAnalyst

List has some issues.

COD 1 is superior to COD 4

MGS 1, 3, and 4 are better than 2

The only good RE is 4

THPS2/3 are better than Skate (although they aren't nearly as realistic)

Pretty much all LOZ games are overrated and none of them should be on a top ten games list.

I do not know enough to judge Halo 3 or GeOW, but I have a feeling that they shouldn't be there.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
Halo 3 doesn't even deserve a place in there,specialy not the #1
patrickphan2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 patrickphan2
Member since 2006 • 1888 Posts

wheres ET for the atari i heard that game was pretty good

EazyD91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 EazyD91

wheres ET for the atari i heard that game was pretty good

patrickphan2
Buried under ground some where
chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

My personaly top 10 would be:
1. Operation Flashpoint

2. Red Alert 1

3. Tribes 2

4. Tiberium Wars

5. Company Of Heroes

6. Killzone 2

7. Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction

8. Crysis

9. Battlefield 2

10. Sim City 4

MassiveKaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 MassiveKaos
Member since 2006 • 3876 Posts

[QUOTE="SalesAnalyst"]1. Halo 3 2. Legend of Zelda 3. MGS2 4. Super Mario 64 5. Resident Evil 6.Gears of War 7. HL + HL2 8. Final Fantasy 9. Skate 10. Call of Duty 4 Agree / Disagree?swazidoughman

List has some issues.

The only good RE is 4

Pretty much all LOZ games are overrated and none of them should be on a top ten games list.

I do not know enough to judge Halo 3 or GeOW, but I have a feeling that they shouldn't be there.

and i know enough about both and mgs to say that they are better games than the metal gear solid games. mgs 3 is underated 1 & 2 are overated. So they deserve to be there more than mgs games. (well atleast the first geow)

Avatar image for dark-warmachine
dark-warmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 dark-warmachine
Member since 2007 • 3476 Posts

Well heres my top 10....
1. Metal Gear Solid 3

2. Devil May Cry 3

3. Ninja Gaiden Sigma

4. Megaman X5

5. Metroid Fusion

6. Super Mario Bros. 3

7. Resident Evil 4

8. God of War 2

9. Call of Duty 4

10. Capcom vs SNK 2

MassiveKaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 MassiveKaos
Member since 2006 • 3876 Posts

Also whether anyone likes it or not halo 3 and call of duty 4 are in the top 5 games of this gen. Some of you pretend liek the multiplayer doesnt matter but it does and also each has sold oevr 10 million all of this you have to take into consideration

svetzenlether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 svetzenlether
Member since 2003 • 3082 Posts

1. Halo 3 2. Legend of Zelda 3. MGS2 4. Super Mario 64 5. Resident Evil 6.Gears of War 7. HL + HL2 8. Final Fantasy 9. Skate 10. Call of Duty 4 Agree / Disagree?SalesAnalyst

Just because you put the word "official" doesn't make it so. BTW, this is just about the worst list I've ever seen.

svetzenlether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 svetzenlether
Member since 2003 • 3082 Posts

Also whether anyone likes it or not halo 3 and call of duty 4 are in the top 5 games of this gen. Some of you pretend liek the multiplayer doesnt matter but it does and also each has sold oevr 10 million all of this you have to take into consideration

MassiveKaos

Ahh, so sales matter now???

Avatar image for Doom_HellKnight
Doom_HellKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#47 Doom_HellKnight
Member since 2005 • 12217 Posts
No, I don't think so...
killa4lyfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 killa4lyfe
Member since 2008 • 3849 Posts

i knew it would come sooner or later :(

Stats_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Stats_
Member since 2009 • 2352 Posts

[QUOTE="SalesAnalyst"]1. Halo 3 2. Legend of Zelda 3. MGS2 4. Super Mario 64 5. Resident Evil 6.Gears of War 7. HL + HL2 8. Final Fantasy 9. Skate 10. Call of Duty 4 Agree / Disagree?swazidoughman

List has some issues.

The only good RE is 4

That's right, throw your opinion at his and claim your is fact.

clubsammich91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 clubsammich91
Member since 2009 • 2229 Posts
That list is rather...Odd.