Took long enough!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#1 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Halo TV show with Spielberg's input is a go in early 2019

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22423 Posts

Hopefully it turns out good.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Needhealing
Member since 2017 • 2041 Posts

I actually see videogames doing better as TV shows. Screenwritters are now superior over there, and the quality of TV shows is far exceeding Hollywood.

The Witcher and Halo will prove if they can actually succeed.

I'm wondering why Nintendo don't license to do TV shows (animated) on their properties - of course to a good and talented production house with reputation.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By lamprey263  Online
Member since 2006 • 44713 Posts

That worries me some, if it's a gigantic bust of an effort and a cheap use of the license it stands to weaken the series' appeal.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Needhealing

@lamprey263 said:

That worries me some, if it's a gigantic bust of an effort and a cheap use of the license it stands to weaken the series' appeal.

Game of Thrones puts any fantasy movie in the past decade to shame. I think they can pull this off if they put the right resources.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44679 Posts

Nice. I’m really looking forward to watching this.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 cainetao11

@needhealing said:

I actually see videog ames doing better as TV shows. Screenwritters are now superior over there, and the quality of TV shows is far exceeding Hollywood.

The writers are all a part of the same union. They have always delved into both. Its the production houses that now put the funding and time into TV that they did not before. Witcher is showing this. They could have rushed out a B level show and made cash off of it with the promise of "it'll get better! Keep buying, folks!" They didn't. PH's see that like anything, time in the oven prepares best.

As for this Halo thing, we'll see.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Needhealing

@cainetao11 said:
@needhealing said:

I actually see videog ames doing better as TV shows. Screenwritters are now superior over there, and the quality of TV shows is far exceeding Hollywood.

The writers are all a part of the same union. They have always delved into both. Its the production houses that now put the funding and time into TV that they did not before. Witcher is showing this. They could have rushed out a B level show and made cash off of it with the promise of "it'll get better! Keep buying, folks!" They didn't. PH's see that like anything, time in the oven prepares best.

Yes, that's why TV is pretty much a bigger industry than movies now. The quality is insane.

Unlike films where it's all about cheap, quick money grabs which appeals to the lowest common demonitor. TV productions know that in order to compete they need to be the best. Period.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 cainetao11

@needhealing said:
@cainetao11 said:
@needhealing said:

Yes, that's why TV is pretty much a bigger industry than movies now. The quality is insane.

Unlike films where it's all about cheap, quick money grabs which appeals to the lowest common demonitor. TV productions know that in order to compete they need to be the best. Period.

Its not just that. Peoples home viewing experience has risen exponentially.

Used to be I wanted to go to a theater and see the latest film that would blow me away or move me in some way. But with HD and higher sound qualities, I don't give a shyte to pay $15 per ticket now. I'll wait 6 months and watch it at home. That is what is killing movies to a degree. Not to mention the internet. When I was growing up it was an experience. Sometimes you got a lemon or a bad movie. Now a days with rotten tomatoes and all these other internet sites, people are told before hand what is good or bad. And its no secret that humans are victims of suggestion. They believe it if they were told and then spent money on it. LOL Shame really. Just a population of cattle now.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b883bb846c10
deactivated-5b883bb846c10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5b883bb846c10
Member since 2015 • 1043 Posts

Hope it turns out good. Can't wait! I can see why MS invests a lot on Halo.

Fuhrer_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Fuhrer_D
Member since 2011 • 1125 Posts

@needhealing said:

I actually see videogames doing better as TV shows. Screenwritters are now superior over there, and the quality of TV shows is far exceeding Hollywood.

I'm wondering why Nintendo don't license to do TV shows (animated) on their properties - of course to a good and talented production house with reputation.

Agreed. Give them the option to break up the arc much like you would see in a game. Far better than condensing a concept, and just using its tropes.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16883 Posts
@needhealing said:

Maybe because of the whole live action Super Mario movie debacle, they're a bit cautious of turning their properties into tv shows or movies. Heck, it took them twenty-something years to try again--i remember am announcement of a animated Mario movie being made by the animation studio behind the Dispicable Me movies not too long ago.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Needhealing

@hallenbeck77 said:
@needhealing said:

Maybe because of the whole live action Super Mario movie debacle, they're a bit cautious of turning their properties into tv shows or movies. Heck, it took them twenty-something years to try again--i remember am announcement of a animated Mario movie being made by the animation studio behind the Dispicable Me movies not too long ago.

Yeah, they are going to make an animated movie, I'm not sure if that's the route to take as I think TV would be a better fit, but since it's behind the studio of Despicable Me it might turn out to be hugely commercially successful. If not, then just bury it forever and move to TV.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Needhealing

@Fuhrer_D said:
@needhealing said:

Agreed. Give them the option to break up the arc much like you would see in a game. Far better than condensing a concept, and just using its tropes.

Yes, that's what tv excels at. You grow with the characters so instead of having a crappy 2 hour action movie, we'll get something that really hits the core with the whole space marines things. Who knows, maybe the Saving Private Ryan of Scifi tv.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Needhealing

@cainetao11 said:
@needhealing said:
@cainetao11 said:
@needhealing said:

Used to be I wanted to go to a theater and see the latest film that would blow me away or move me in some way. But with HD and higher sound qualities, I don't give a shyte to pay $15 per ticket now. I'll wait 6 months and watch it at home. That is what is killing movies to a degree. Not to mention the internet. When I was growing up it was an experience. Sometimes you got a lemon or a bad movie. Now a days with rotten tomatoes and all these other internet sites, people are told before hand what is good or bad. And its no secret that humans are victims of suggestion. They believe it if they were told and then spent money on it. LOL Shame really. Just a population of cattle now.

I agree. Honestly, movies are way too expensive and most are rather dull as we see the same type of films. And to be honest, while I love drama films I usually see them on expensive theaters with a date not regular viewing. And now-a-days TV dramas are simply superior to anything in movies. Breaking Bad takes a shit on any movie that's been released in the past 2 decades.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 cainetao11

@needhealing said:
@cainetao11 said:
@needhealing said:
@cainetao11 said:
@needhealing said:

I agree. Honestly, movies are way too expensive and most are rather dull as we see the same type of films. And to be honest, while I love drama films I usually see them on expensive theaters with a date not regular viewing. And now-a-days TV dramas are simply superior to anything in movies. Breaking Bad takes a shit on any movie that's been released in the past 2 decades.

Too each their own. Dunkirk for me shat on Breaking Bad.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Needhealing

@cainetao11 said:
@needhealing said:
@cainetao11 said:
@needhealing said:
@cainetao11 said:

Band of Brothers shat on Dunkirk.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18 onesiphorus  Online
Member since 2014 • 5298 Posts

This relevant to System Wars?

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

Hopefully it turns out good. I'm always down for some good TV sci-fi.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 cainetao11

@needhealing said:
@cainetao11 said:
@needhealing said:
@cainetao11 said:
@needhealing said:

Saving Private Ryan shat on Band

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 cainetao11

@onesiphorus said:

Until a mod says no, sure.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

"Spielberg Input"

Last time this happened we had Sheia Ledouche Jones.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@cainetao11 said:
@needhealing said:
@cainetao11 said:
@needhealing said:
@cainetao11 said:

Westworld and Game of Throwns shits on both.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 cainetao11

@zaryia said:

"Spielberg Input"

Last time this happened we had Sheia Ledouche Jones.

Nope. Last time we got this was Jurassaic World: Fallen Kingdom, Bumblbee and 2019's the Turning.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Interesting, but does Master Chief actually speak in the games? I've only played the original Halo and don't remember him ever talking lol.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

@i_p_daily: yeah he talks, mainly about his weird love thing with Cortana.

Im pretty excited, the animated movie they did was fantastic which gave me hope for future stuff plus now it has Steven Spielberg name on it gives me more.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 npiet1

@needhealing said:

They have (not to talented people though) theres a whole bunch of cartoons from the 90's, they all just sucked. Though my kids still watch the smb3 cartoon sometimes.

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

I am confused, is this a PS4 game or a show??? The lines are sooo blurry these days:)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@npiet1 said:

@i_p_daily: yeah he talks, mainly about his weird love thing with Cortana.

Im pretty excited, the animated movie they did was fantastic which gave me hope for future stuff plus now it has Steven Spielberg name on it gives me more.

Ah ok, not a Halo fan so thought I would ask.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56534 Posts

I really like the live action Halo from Forward Unto Dawn and if Spielberg does use the ideas from that live mini movie, I can see this Halo TV could be a smashing hit. I hope it isn't like Nightfall cause that live Halo was a letdown. I enjoy just about all of Spielberg's movies, so I have confident his Halo TV series will be good.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@onesiphorus said:

Yes. Every Lem should be snapshot in this thread and quoted when they talk about "moviegames" from now on. Grab popcorn.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11277 Posts

If this does actually happen, it's still gonna be no more than an overlong ad for the games. Hopefully if won't suck though, I'm iffy on the showrunner.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 cainetao11

@zaryia said:
@cainetao11 said:
@needhealing said:
@cainetao11 said:
@needhealing said:

Smoking the good stuff huh? I love GoT but Westworld is not in this level. And Saving Private Ryan? LOL Wow, that's another level. HBO don't touch great film makers work like Spiels, Scorcese and such. Nope.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Needhealing

@zaryia said:
@cainetao11 said:
@needhealing said:
@cainetao11 said:
@needhealing said:

Breaking bad shits on all, but GOT shits on the other three? LOL. My top 2 are BB and GOT. What's your thoughts on The Sopranos?

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#36 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6114 Posts

@npiet1: Cortana is Hot.lol.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#37 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

The Castlevania Netflix series shows that it is possible to make a good TV series with video games, and hopefully this new Halo show can continue that (as well as the hopefully longer second season of Castlevania)

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

too late microsoft said they were making this ages ago ive lost all interest

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3499 Posts

Wow.. forgot about Halo TV. Thought the franchise died a while ago.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@Shewgenja said:
@onesiphorus said:

Yes. Every Lem should be snapshot in this thread and quoted when they talk about "moviegames" from now on. Grab popcorn.

The big difference is that this will be a TV show, not a movie disguised as a game like most of Sony's offerings. Learn the difference moogenja.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By npiet1

I wonder if they are going to release it before or after Halo 6

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

@needhealing said:
@zaryia said:
@cainetao11 said:
@needhealing said:
@cainetao11 said:

Breaking bad shits on all, but GOT shits on the other three? LOL. My top 2 are BB and GOT. What's your thoughts on The Sopranos?

The Wire shits on The Sopranos

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Needhealing

@DJ-Lafleur said:

The Castlevania Netflix series shows that it is possible to make a good TV series with video games, and hopefully this new Halo show can continue that (as well as the hopefully longer second season of Castlevania)

Wow I forgot about that. It's possibly the best adaption of a videogames to television/movies.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#45 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19689 Posts

@DJ-Lafleur said:

Was going to mention Castlevania. It got a fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes, and became one of the top 15 most popular Netflix shows last year. It pretty much paved the way for video game adaptations on Netflix.

However, Castlevania is anime. When it comes to video game adaptations, anime has always been a better fit than live-action. So there's still uncertainty over whether live-action adaptations can repeat Castlevania's success.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7035 Posts

TBH, I'd rather him bring back Amazing Stories rather than anything Halo.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60723 Posts
@Shewgenja said:
@onesiphorus said:

Roffle Fries....lolz