Todays Kinda Funny games was cool imo

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#1 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

I really enjoyed this pod cast. It was candid and calling out where blame lies but also grounded in the facts.

Play games on anything, if possible everything

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56104 Posts

Man, that vid is like an hour long! I'm sorry but I value my time and my time is gaming. Is there anyway you can highlight some of the points at least?

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#4 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

he made some good podcasts in the past.... thanks I'll do my best to listen to it later.....taking a quick time out from Path of Exile to eat lol

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45107 Posts

Meh I'm not going to support a company that doesn't want to invest money into worthwhile first party content. Otherwise PC just rules the kingdom.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cainetao11

@SolidGame_basic said:

Meh I'm not going to support a company that doesn't want to invest money into worthwhile first party content. Otherwise PC just rules the kingdom.

I wouldn't suggest anyone support what isn't worthwhile to them. The beauty of the podcast is these gentlemen all state worthwhile is in the eye of the beholder. Enjoy your life.

@davillain- said:

Man, that vid is like an hour long! I'm sorry but I value my time and my time is gaming. Is there anyway you can highlight some of the points at least?

-Xbox isn't dying

12:48 Ryan's opinions on Telltale's Batman Season 2

15:51 This Week in Gaming segment starts

16:32 Deus Ex Human Revolution and Mankind Divided

17:50 CS: GO

19:16 Arkham Asylum

21:01 BioShock

24:15 F-Zero GX

25:56 Super Mario Sunshine

27:21 Power Stone 2

28:20 Goldeneye 007

31:57 MJ's Moonwalker

34:40 Legend of Zelda for NES

34:54 Topic of the Show: The State of Xbox

1:27:32 Unfiltered and Ride the Lightning shout outs

-buy what serves you but that doesn't mean what doesn't needs to be destroyed.

Basically its a Sony fan (Miller), a Nintendo fan (Tim) and an Xbox fan (McCaffrey) talking games, consoles and why people are bitches. I'm out. Play what pleases you folks, you're a pussy for hating what others like. Grow a pair and grow up.

@getyeryayasout said:

Sweet. I'm streaming it to my Chromecast while I play some Binding of Isaac on Switch.

Its how I listen to Beyond, Unlocked, this one. I have been playing with these in the background or Bill Burr pod casts LOL

NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 NoirLamia777
Member since 2012 • 3180 Posts

I listen to their morning show and games daily podcast everyday while at work. Love these guys.

lrdfancypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lrdfancypants
Member since 2014 • 3850 Posts

Video games have taught me things must be destroyed

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#9 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

I'll watch it later, on mobile currently. I stopped paying attention to KF after Colin left. Greg is fine, but Kevin and Tim are horrendous.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DaVillain  Moderator

@cainetao11: Me thanks :)

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By hrt_rulz01  Online
Member since 2006 • 22376 Posts
@Basinboy said:

I'll watch it later, on mobile currently. I stopped paying attention to KF after Colin left. Greg is fine, but Kevin and Tim are horrendous.

You don't like Tim? He could be my favourite. Greg is good too, but he gets on my nerves after a while... lol. Plus Danny O'Dwyer is on there sometimes, which is good.

But yeah good episode. Ryan McCaffrey is very good.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Basinboy

@hrt_rulz01: Between Tim, Greg, and Colin, his contributions were usually the least thought-out and he dominated conversation. The dynamic between Greg and Colin is much better, shame they let XOXO die.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hrt_rulz01  Online
Member since 2006 • 22376 Posts

@Basinboy said:

@hrt_rulz01: Between Tim, Greg, and Colin, his contributions were usually the least thought-out and he dominated conversation. The dynamic between Greg and Colin is much better, shame they let XOXO die.

Yeah true, Colin & Greg worked well together... hell, even I watched XOXO.

But without Colin, I think Greg isn't as good, and Tim has become better. Imo anyway.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#14  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

@Basinboy Colin had twisted strong opinions based on grudges not facts, and wasn't nice to the others, carried too much weight. He was trying to turn every conversation into a 'why we hate Nintendo' show. Part of a common problem we had in the gaming media a couple years back.

The channel became relevant because of his departure. Now there are less lies, we can hear the opinions of the others, and they can have conversations about it.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Basinboy

@KungfuKitten said:

@Basinboy Colin had twisted strong opinions based on grudges not facts, and wasn't nice to the others, carried too much weight. He was trying to turn every conversation into a 'why we hate Nintendo' show. Part of a common problem we had in the gaming media a couple years back.

The channel became relevant because of his departure. Now there are less lies, we can hear the opinions of the others, and they can have conversations about it.

For some reason the tag didn't show up in my activity feed. Odd.

Generally I couldn't disagree more. Каждому своё.

Colin's way more of a dick on social media than he comes across on shows and I understand where people are coming from disliking him (especially when he starts harping on his political views) but I vastly preferred his contributions over the others'. He had a wider palate for games while the only other person who would go near them was Greg, plus he could assess and articulate games more fully and robustly than anyone else. I also thought he was the best student of the industry, something Tim has been unable to replace.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@davillain- said:

24,000+ posts in less than 3yrs suggest otherwise, just saying :)

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DaVillain  Moderator

@i_p_daily said:
@davillain- said:

And still not enough post to catch up with Charz :(

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@davillain- said:
@i_p_daily said:
@davillain- said:

And still not enough post to catch up with Charz :(

Ah your hero, well just keep trying, and if MS release games that are up to his standard then he'll have nothing to whinge about, and you should catch him in no time :P

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By cainetao11

@Basinboy said:

Why would I want someone to think out how they feel about entertainment? The only people I want to read/hear thoughts of games from are the creators of them.

I don't care what a movie reviewer thinks about Raging Bull's direction. I'd rather read what Spielberg thinks of Scorsese direction of it. Reviewer is just a person looking to watch or play said piece like us

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Basinboy

Finished the episode and...*sigh*

I want to allow myself to think of McCaffrey as an Xbox aficionado, but every time I listen to him at length I walk away baffled by his assessments, especially since he seems to originate from a PC background originally.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

** Courtesy Mod bump to clear out the recent forum invasion... carry on :) **