To those complaining about $10 Halo 3 Maps.

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

QUIKnEZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 QUIKnEZ
Member since 2004 • 1679 Posts

Quite being so cheap and whiny.

It's less then a movie, and you'll spend countless hours playing the new maps... $10 is almost free.

110% worth it in real value.

CRUSHER88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 3

#2 CRUSHER88
Member since 2003 • 2037 Posts
How do you know you will be spending endless amounts of time on these new maps? For all you know these maps could be terrible. Bungie has made some pretty terrible maps in the past and I for one am willing to wait for them to be free if they make another bunch of bad maps.
QUIKnEZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 QUIKnEZ

failedmingo123

LOL.

N Pls.

nicenator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nicenator
Member since 2005 • 1938 Posts

I don't see the problem, however i also didn't see the problem with the new maps for resistance which cost $7.99, which lemmings deemed a rip-off.

Map pack 2 for resistance is out soon, so it should be interesting to see what happens with that.

QUIKnEZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 QUIKnEZ

How do you know you will be spending endless amounts of time on these new maps? For all you know these maps could be terrible. Bungie has made some pretty terrible maps in the past and I for one am willing to wait for them to be free if they make another bunch of bad maps.CRUSHER88

So you're saying you wont get 90 minutes of gameplay out of them, or the equivalent to a fast food meal, or a pack of smokes, you name it...

It's called economics, the marginal utility is definately there.

It's worth it to those who can afford spending a whopping $10 on leisure, you don't think?

lazzordude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 lazzordude
Member since 2003 • 6685 Posts
$3.33 a map is rediculous no matter how you try to spin it
omgimba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 omgimba
Member since 2007 • 2645 Posts
In comparison too the 100+ free UT maps I downloaded? Well not all good.. But atleast way more then 3.. FREE!
the_new_neo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 the_new_neo
Member since 2006 • 1030 Posts
I'm sorry some of us aren't willing to blow 10 bucks on a map....
LEGEND_C4A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LEGEND_C4A
Member since 2003 • 3186 Posts

I don't see the problem, however i also didn't see the problem with the new maps for resistance which cost $7.99, which lemmings deemed a rip-off.

Map pack 2 for resistance is out soon, so it should be interesting to see what happens with that.

nicenator

how many maps came in the map pack for $7.99?

Avatar image for thirstychainsaw
thirstychainsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 thirstychainsaw
Member since 2007 • 3761 Posts

[QUOTE="CRUSHER88"]How do you know you will be spending endless amounts of time on these new maps? For all you know these maps could be terrible. Bungie has made some pretty terrible maps in the past and I for one am willing to wait for them to be free if they make another bunch of bad maps.QUIKnEZ

So you're saying you wont get 90 minutes of gameplay out of them, or the equivalent to a fast food meal, or a pack of smokes, you name it...

It's worth it to those who can afford spending a whopping $10 on leisure, you don't think?

It isn't very logical to buy something when these things are usually given out for free elsewhere *cough* PC *cough*.

ball_of_air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ball_of_air
Member since 2007 • 2105 Posts
I like my coke with a TWIST of lemming.
the_new_neo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 the_new_neo
Member since 2006 • 1030 Posts
TC are you like being paid by Microsoft or something... it does sound like something they would do...
QUIKnEZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 QUIKnEZ

I like my coke with a TWIST of lemming.ball_of_air

Indeed, and I don't deny it.

I guess I beg to differ from the majority; and I'm not a cheapskate... to each their own.

tbone29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 tbone29
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts
Sure, there's nothing wrong...if you don't mind lending Microsoft your udders.
QUIKnEZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 QUIKnEZ

TC are you like being paid by Microsoft or something... it does sound like something they would do...the_new_neo

I'm not "TC"

And I'm just posting my opinion, just baffelled by how people can't comprehend the value of something.

PC shouldn't even be brought into this, it's not a "console" and don't get me started on the differences...

XBL has had its fair share of free DLC... times are a changing, and unfortunately we don't have the creative freedoms of the "Hermits"

nicenator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 nicenator
Member since 2005 • 1938 Posts

[QUOTE="the_new_neo"]TC are you like being paid by Microsoft or something... it does sound like something they would do...QUIKnEZ

I'm not "TC"

And I'm just posting my opinion, just baffelled by how people can't comprehend the value of something.

PC shouldn't even be brought into this, it's not a "console" and don't get me started on the differences...

XBL has had its fair share of free DLC... times are a changing, and unfortunately we don't have the creative freedoms of the "Hermits"

TC = Thread Creator

EntwineX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#19 EntwineX
Member since 2005 • 5858 Posts
Yeah! TC is right... Just bend over and take it like a man!
_Pedro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 _Pedro_
Member since 2004 • 6829 Posts

XBL has had its fair share of free DLC... times are a changing, and unfortunately we don't have the creative freedoms of the PC Gamers

QUIKnEZ

*fixed*

you are obliged to treat us with more respect seeing as we are more creative :P

AdolescentDon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 AdolescentDon
Member since 2005 • 9081 Posts
Personally I think 3 maps should cost Half that, $5 is acceptable.
Chone-Figgins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Chone-Figgins
Member since 2007 • 354 Posts

w/e....who cares...its $10

Im not gonna buy them either way because I dont like Halo that much (Rainbow Six and Team Fortress are a bajillion times better)...

I just hope they arent for certain playlists....like I only play team slayer and I never even see half of the maps already in the game

dipper145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dipper145
Member since 2007 • 1425 Posts
werent the halo 2 map packs 15$?
Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Meu2k7
Member since 2007 • 11809 Posts

[QUOTE="CRUSHER88"]How do you know you will be spending endless amounts of time on these new maps? For all you know these maps could be terrible. Bungie has made some pretty terrible maps in the past and I for one am willing to wait for them to be free if they make another bunch of bad maps.QUIKnEZ

Epic Games gave us 3 good sized Megapacks for free.... face it, you are a Cow-Lemming being milked.

MOCGK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#25 MOCGK
Member since 2005 • 415 Posts
The top 3 selling games for the last month were: Halo 3, Halo 3 Limited Edition, Halo 3 Legendary edition. People are obviously willing to spend anything on this property and I'm sure the majority of XBL H3 players will buy this.
Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Deihmos
Member since 2007 • 7819 Posts
Complaining over a measly 10 bucks is lame. Wait until it becomes free in the Spring if you can't afford it.
Ninja-Vox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#27 Ninja-Vox
Member since 2006 • 16314 Posts

Sad fact is people will buy them, and then Bungie will go, hey, they paid $10, lets try $15 next time!7CloudStrife7

Microsoft. I'm sure if it were up to bungie they'd be free.

ragek1ll589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ragek1ll589
Member since 2007 • 8650 Posts
10 bucks as in 800 Marketplace Points or 10 bucks as in 10 bucks?
dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts
Free is a lot cheaper than $10. :(
tok1879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 tok1879
Member since 2005 • 1537 Posts

It's less then a movie, and you'll spend countless hours playing the new maps... $10 is almost free.

QUIKnEZ

don't u guys see what's goin' on here? it's not about it being $10, it's about them charging for it. i'm sure the amount of time spent creatin' those maps is nowhere near 1/6th of the time it took them to make the game itself. don't u guys see that when they sell while doin' this, they'll start to take maps away from the game itself in the hopes of making more money from it when they sell it separately?? well i guess i'm one of the few ppl who're taking a stand. I REFUSE TO BE MILKED!!!

inertk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 inertk
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

$10 is almost free.

QUIKnEZ

Except for having to pay $10, I agree.

Pssht, I'm done with Halo 3. Adding Rocket Race was nice and everything, but I feel as if I need something actually worth my money and time. After getting all 1000 achievement points Halo just seems.... Bleh.

Wants me some o'dat COD4 for my shootan fix.

Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Deihmos
Member since 2007 • 7819 Posts
[QUOTE="QUIKnEZ"]

tok1879

don't u guys see what's goin' on here? it's not about it being $10, it's about them charging for it. i'm sure the amount of time spent creatin' those maps is nowhere near 1/6th of the time it took them to make the game itself. don't u guys see that when they sell while doin' this, they'll start to take maps away from the game itself in the hopes of making more money from it when they sell it separately?? well i guess i'm one of the few ppl who're taking a stand. I REFUSE TO BE MILKED!!!

With PC games a developer will make a map and throw it all over the web and game sites will host it for more traffic etc (advertisement) With the Xbox you can only get it from one place so that's a lot of bandwidth with millions of players downloading it. Did anyone read that it will be free in the Spring?

BambooBanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BambooBanger
Member since 2007 • 1360 Posts

TEN DOLLARS for THREE MAPS is expensive for something you're more likely to play on more than 500 times ?

God you people are CHEAP.

G10mgs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 G10mgs4
Member since 2007 • 1490 Posts

failedmingo123

thank you

Supafly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Supafly1
Member since 2003 • 4441 Posts

QUIKnEZ

But I could get it for free on my PC. The price isn't a factor here, although $10 for bunch of maps is ridicilous.

solidgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 solidgamer
Member since 2005 • 7542 Posts

they can take a running jump ill wait to they are free

lol almost free...

bkslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 bkslayer
Member since 2003 • 367 Posts

Oh yeah, they are releasing 3 maps only 2 months after the game's release. Im sure they had them ready just wanted to time them right. Still, as a Sony fanboy, I think thats ALOT better than what Guiter Hero does. Didnt they release 3 song packs just a week after the game's release?

Anyways, to those bringing up Resistance....they are releasing a second map pack this or next month. 2 maps for $4.99.

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Meu2k7

TEN DOLLARS for THREE MAPS is expensive for something you're more likely to play on more than 500 times ?

BambooBanger

Its not the price, its the fact that what M$ charges you for shouldnt be chargable.

BambooBanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 BambooBanger
Member since 2007 • 1360 Posts
[QUOTE="BambooBanger"]

Meu2k7

Its not the price, its the fact that what M$ charges you for shouldnt be chargable.

Who decided maps are supposed to be free ? On PC it's understandable, the majority of PC gamers download their games illegally anyway.

tramp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 tramp
Member since 2003 • 2110 Posts
Which is why people saying expansions shouldn't be counted as full games are full of ish. On consoles you get 3 maps for £10. On PC you often get a full game for £20.
TheJuiceyBar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 TheJuiceyBar
Member since 2007 • 1220 Posts
Being cheap? So not wanting topay 10 dollars for 3 maps we probably going to hate is being cheap? With 10 dollars i can rent a game.
Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts

Sad fact is people will buy them, and then Bungie will go, hey, they paid $10, lets try $15 next time!7CloudStrife7

No, what will happen is they will continue to charge for maps but you will get less and less included with the game. The more willing people are to pay for content that should be free, the more content companies will move from the bought version to pay-to-play.

Mizarus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Mizarus
Member since 2004 • 1379 Posts
you already paid for the game and you already pay for the online service to play online, it should be free, if it were on pc it would be, espcially since on pc anyone can make their maps, charging 10$ for 3 maps is absurd
Madsucktion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44 Madsucktion
Member since 2003 • 2079 Posts

Well, you see it's not the issue of HOW MUCH money you are paying, but the fact that you HAVE to pay (at least for the first 6 months) in order to get them. When you haven't had to pay for something in the past (PC Gamers) it seems ridiculous for you to have to pay for it now.

Would you pay extra money to use the Drive Thru at any fast food restaraunt instead of walking inside?

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Meu2k7
CRUSHER88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 3

#46 CRUSHER88
Member since 2003 • 2037 Posts

Based on the last pack of maps that came out? No. The last set of maps that came out for H2 were so terrible there were never used after the first time I decided to run through them, which was mabey a total of 30min between the two. 30min for 10 bucks? No thanks.

antifanboyftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 antifanboyftw
Member since 2007 • 2214 Posts

TC are you like being paid by Microsoft or something... it does sound like something they would do...the_new_neo

you know i dont think ill by these maps. M$ got me buying content that was orignally going to be free with gears but back then i was desperate. cod4 is out now and id be playing halo 3 by myself if i was actually going to try these maps.

leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#48 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts
If it's worth the $10, then I'll consider buying it. Other than that, I won't buy it until 2008 or if all my friends have it.
krunkfu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 krunkfu2
Member since 2007 • 4218 Posts

kid go to the bungie forums

they're being greedy with these maps, if the maps in the shipping package had cost that much the game would've been a lot more money they jacked the prices way up

Shomb22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Shomb22
Member since 2006 • 1190 Posts
Almost free, isn't free.