To anyone that said the wii gave up on gamers

• 78 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

boredy-Mcbored

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 boredy-Mcbored
Member since 2007 • 1566 Posts
Anyway I don't think that Nintendo is ignoring gamers at all. In fact I think that Nintendo is the smartest company of all the current gen consoles because it's the only console that is going to keep video games alive. Nintendo is the only current gen system that actually seems to give a flying f*** about the first time gamers. Sure once in a while a game like Little big Planet will come along on the 360 or the PS3 but really with games such as wii sports and other 'fun kiddie games' as we hard core gamers would call it, are what people of the future of video gaming are playing so they'll be interested in gaming. Sure you may have a 5 year old that may want to play GTA4 but will have no way of playing it because of the rating and that most likely other 5 year old would be interested in fun games so they'll forget about it and play something that there friend would want to play to be cool. The 360 and PS3 forget that kids with 5 minute attention span's aren't interested in a deep story line but are interested in moving will then get tired. I have dozens of family members who love the wii and are buying it but don't buy anything that is actually good. I was puzzled why they would be interested in swinging a wii mote like a baseball bat instead of the story of Jimmy Hopkins a guy who just wanted to be in the background but was forced into the spotlight by a "friend" and is now trying to live through high school anyway he can (bully not the best choice and not the best summary I can choose but eh...). I hated them for not liking games that had depth and didn't like games that introduced kids to video games with such nonsensical things until a week ago when I realized that I was once like that too. My brother, who introduced me to games, was starting to take his first steps into the hardcore side of a video gamer when I starting to comprehend things. I found myself to steadily grow to have an attention Span of 5 minutes and looking at him play video games became almost lulling to me. As I watched I suddenly began to question why I couldn't play games and asked him to play. My brother popped in Streets of Rage, which I watched him play alot, and although it wasn't exactly the kiddie-st game around I still became hooked. I hated when he played games like MGS (the first one mind you) or Tomb Raider because not only did they scare me ( such a baby eh?) but they were boring and not colorful in the bit. Games like Power Stone and Virtua Cop were so fun because they barely had a story. They were more beat the other person up and win type of games. I moved up the ladder with games like Street Fighter (which I partly hated because I could NEVER beat my brother and still can't) and Soul Caliber and then I got my GBA color. My brother had the original GBA (which the only things I could play were Mario and Kirby without my brothers assistance) so having the very first system I could call my own made me ecstatic! I got a GBA advance used illegal software (oh you know what they are and I didn't know it was illegal till a couple years ago) and finally got my real first console a while ago which was the wii. (I'm alittle late and still feel like even then I had a mature palate but could never get a real console until 2 years ago) While I still had my GBA through my brother, G4 (the old G4 not the new crap) and the Internet I started to grow a mature palate and now I think I'm on the final stages of being a hardcore gamer. I feel like I don't need my wii anymore and want a Xbox 360 and if not for money problems I would have one right now. The wii doesn't have enough titles to entertain the way I see games now. I have very few games on my wii and all of those are 1 player games. I don't have much money to waste on the expensive controllers and If Nintendo doesn't step it up I just think i might sell my wii or scoop up any money I can for an X box. I'm to grown for a wii and although I kind of hate to do it I gotta move to the other side. Nintendo is by no means Forgetting gamers but are giving most of it's money on the people that will keep this industry alive. The kids. Those kids will grow up like you and I have and become hard core gamers. The X box and PS3 has forgotten about the people who will keep them alive in the future and if no one does then who will? God knows we can't afford another video game crash like the one that happened in 83' but this time the other way around. So instead of bashing Nintendo appreciate them. There the only way some of you (like me) will have a future in this business. SO that's why the wii has "forgotten" it's gamers. SUMMARY: Long story short the wii is going to keep next gen gaming alive by feeding people new to gaming. The wii is the ONLY GAME COMPANY that caters to the 5 year old that will one day grow into hardcore gamers. Nintendo does occasionally cater to people on this gen but remember when you were growing up. Did you like the story line in games or did you like fighting people? If you were like a normal kid (ie short minded) then of course you would go for the second option.
Joust_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Joust_
Member since 2009 • 159 Posts

TL;DR

Nintendo doesn't care about you.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts
[QUOTE="Joust_"]

TL;DR

What does that mean?
Pinkyimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#5 Pinkyimp
Member since 2006 • 3623 Posts
[QUOTE="killerfist"][QUOTE="Joust_"]

TL;DR

What does that mean?

Too long didnt read
Joust_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Joust_

I totally agree with you, but sadly most of the fanboys that you are trying to convince don't have the attention spans to read your post.

jimkabrhel

What did you agree with? Specifically.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

All bow down to the mighty Wall-O-Text! :shock:

But seriously, all consoles are just as "hardcore" as the next one.

Cybiotik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Cybiotik
Member since 2006 • 1638 Posts

No, Nintendo...at the moment is worse than EA for me. They just went ahead and made a jump start at the casual market, forgetting about their hardcore fans, and leaving all their legacy for the sake of business and grandmas swinging a wiimote. That is the sad truth. Thats why we have stray sheep making these self pity threads. I love my Gamecube, I love my N64, and I love my SNES...but I will never give in the stupidity of their so called "revoloution" in gaming.

So yes Nintendo did give up on their gamers...but not on their pockets.

crazy-player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 crazy-player
Member since 2005 • 2909 Posts
So you're saying that the Wii is not ignoring gamers? And you also state that the Wii is doing the best to help gamers by giving us more crappy kiddie games for 5 year olds... Sorry I want a console with games I want, not some crappy easy games that you mentioned. Were is my next gen Zelda, weres my Star Fox? Were's my online? Were's my HD? No where to be found on the Wii.
Grinning_Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#12 Grinning_Demon
Member since 2009 • 1809 Posts
What, you're defending the Wii?? BUT YOU CANT!! No, this is serious business, bash the casual machine. Evil wagglebox must die etc RAAAAGGGE!!!!! CRAWLING IN MY SKIN, THESE WOUNDS THEY WILL NOT HEAL *cuts wrists*
whisperingmute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 whisperingmute
Member since 2006 • 1116 Posts

Nintendo only cares about your money. That's just business.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Nintendo only cares about your money. That's just business.

whisperingmute
Honestly, and who can blame them?
Joust_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Joust_
What, you're defending the Wii?? BUT YOU CANT!! No, this is serious business, bash the casual machine. Evil wagglebox must die etc RAAAAGGGE!!!!! CRAWLING IN MY SKIN, THESE WOUNDS THEY WILL NOT HEAL *cuts wrists*Grinning_Demon

This is an example of someone trying too hard. Which is funny because he is making fun of people who try too hard.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#16 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

:roll:

"Wah! Wah! Where is my StarFox! My Zelda! My "insert franchise here".

If Nintendo had truly given up on their "hardcore fans" they would have abandoned Smash Bros, Zelda, Mario Kart etc. I don't buy it. Nintendo made a choice for a wider audience. It's given them the sales lead, and the greater possibility of surviving the economic collapse. If you don't like how they are operating their business, the move on. They'll survive without you, and we'll enjoy the wider variety of games they release.

thegoldenpoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 thegoldenpoo
Member since 2005 • 5136 Posts
The only thing sadder than the Wii bashing here in SW is the pitiful Wii defence posts. [QUOTE="Grinning_Demon"]What, you're defending the Wii?? BUT YOU CANT!! No, this is serious business, bash the casual machine. Evil wagglebox must die etc RAAAAGGGE!!!!! CRAWLING IN MY SKIN, THESE WOUNDS THEY WILL NOT HEAL *cuts wrists*

Yes people the Wii IS nowhere near as good as the PS3, 360 and PC in every respect. Deal with it. Its not trying to be.
cheese7monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 cheese7monkey
Member since 2008 • 1252 Posts
you see, the thing your ignoring is that while they're embracing first time gamers, they've abandoned long time nintendo gamers who started on the nes, snes, n64, even those who started on the gamecube have been abandoned
Joust_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Joust_

Nintendo hasn't given up on the core gamers. A vast majority of those that disagree are primarily too blind to see the option Nintendo has provided in this Big 3 market gaming industry.

It DOES NOT MAKE SENSE to have a 3rd company catering to the same demographic (core gamers), mass marketing the SAME type of games these core gamers enjoy, when there's already Sony and MS doing it. Had Nintendo gone the HD route, almost all of gaming would likely gone stale, without absolutely NO COMPETITION or drive for innovation (just look what happened to Madden Football). Hey, someone had to do it, and that's Nintendo.....DISRUPTING the market, as they put it.

What a vast majority of core gamers fail to see are the genres and new games that have been created on behalf of the Wii. And has created more options for developers to "think outside the box" to create unique quirky games (no not shovelware) in an industry FLOODED by FPS, Racing, Fighting, and the mass marketed appeal of multiplayer online gaming, etc.

In a nut shell, you have your typical genres I mentioned above. You enjoy playing them, but how about trying or exploring new genres? New options to explore? Here is where the Wii falls in. Now, I'm not saying the Wii is a must for everybody, to each their own. All I'm saying is the Wii provides an outlet for those, not just casuals, willing to try something new and outside the box.

2_Quiet_2_Riot

I like how in your 4 paragraphs of text praising the Wii's new genres and games, you didn't even mention one Wii game.

whisperingmute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 whisperingmute
Member since 2006 • 1116 Posts

Nintendo hasn't given up on the core gamers. A vast majority of those that disagree are primarily too blind to see the option Nintendo has provided in this Big 3 market gaming industry.

It DOES NOT MAKE SENSE to have a 3rd company catering to the same demographic (core gamers), mass marketing the SAME type of games these core gamers enjoy, when there's already Sony and MS doing it. Had Nintendo gone the HD route, almost all of gaming would likely gone stale, without absolutely NO COMPETITION or drive for innovation (just look what happened to Madden Football). Hey, someone had to do it, and that's Nintendo.....DISRUPTING the market, as they put it.

What a vast majority of core gamers fail to see are the genres and new games that have been created on behalf of the Wii. And has created more options for developers to "think outside the box" to create unique quirky games (no not shovelware) in an industry FLOODED by FPS, Racing, Fighting, and the mass marketed appeal of multiplayer online gaming, etc.

In a nut shell, you have your typical genres I mentioned above. You enjoy playing them, but how about trying or exploring new genres? New options to explore? Here is where the Wii falls in. Now, I'm not saying the Wii is a must for everybody, to each their own. All I'm saying is the Wii provides an outlet for those, not just casuals, willing to try something new and outside the box.

2_Quiet_2_Riot

While the Wii provides that outlet... there aren't that many developers trying to take advantage of it.

I also find Wii controls to be cumbersome.

cheese7monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22 cheese7monkey
Member since 2008 • 1252 Posts

2_Quiet_2_Riot
if that's the case, why hasn't the awesome disaster day of crisis recieved any advertising or even a release in the US cause it's a helluva lot better than a lot of "great" wii games
Avatar image for mistervengeance
mistervengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mistervengeance
Member since 2006 • 6769 Posts
the evidence is there that nintendo does not care one bit about it's hardcore audience. 1. i hate to say this, but again, their E3 presentation 2. just the nerve of them trying to put out games like wii music and wii fit as real GAMES 3. when's the last time an AAA game came out for the wii? APRIL 2008? and it was a ps2 port? 4. and what's the total AAA games on the wii? 6? heck even the ps3 has more at 16, and that's not even counting 2 AAAA games... i don't understand how the wii isn't giving up on gamers when its library is worse than the ps3's... (according to gamespot and many other sites)
Grinning_Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Grinning_Demon

[QUOTE="Grinning_Demon"]What, you're defending the Wii?? BUT YOU CANT!! No, this is serious business, bash the casual machine. Evil wagglebox must die etc RAAAAGGGE!!!!! CRAWLING IN MY SKIN, THESE WOUNDS THEY WILL NOT HEAL *cuts wrists*Joust_

This is an example of someone trying too hard. Which is funny because he is making fun of people who try too hard.

Sorry if i touched a nerve :lol:
I made shure i didnt name anyone but you made a fine job of associating yourself with that kind of posters by feeling offended :lol:

Joust_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Joust_

[QUOTE="Joust_"][QUOTE="Grinning_Demon"]What, you're defending the Wii?? BUT YOU CANT!! No, this is serious business, bash the casual machine. Evil wagglebox must die etc RAAAAGGGE!!!!! CRAWLING IN MY SKIN, THESE WOUNDS THEY WILL NOT HEAL *cuts wrists*Grinning_Demon

I made shure i didnt name anyone but you made a fine job of associating yourself with that kind of posters by feeling offended :lol:

This is an example of someone who thinks that people actually get 'offended' by videogame discussions online.

Which is just another facet of the person who tries too hard.

thegoldenpoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 thegoldenpoo

[QUOTE="Joust_"][QUOTE="Grinning_Demon"]What, you're defending the Wii?? BUT YOU CANT!! No, this is serious business, bash the casual machine. Evil wagglebox must die etc RAAAAGGGE!!!!! CRAWLING IN MY SKIN, THESE WOUNDS THEY WILL NOT HEAL *cuts wrists*Grinning_Demon

I made shure i didnt name anyone but you made a fine job of associating yourself with those kind of people by feeling offended by it :lol:

The Irony, its palpable.

Also I didn't see a single point refuting the idea the big N has got given up on us gamers. You are just insulting people becuase you have no argument and you feel you console preference is under threat.

crazy-player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 crazy-player
[QUOTE="Grinning_Demon"]

[QUOTE="Joust_"]

This is an example of someone trying too hard. Which is funny because he is making fun of people who try too hard.Joust_

This is an example of someone who thinks that people actually get 'offended' by videogame discussions online.

Which is just another facet of the person who tries too hard.

Indeed, they do all it takes to defend their Wii.
Grinning_Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Grinning_Demon
This is an example of someone who thinks that people actually get 'offended' by videogame discussions online.Joust_
Oh you must be new in gaming forums if you think there arent.
Grinning_Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Grinning_Demon
You are just insulting people becuase you have no argument and you feel you console preference is under threat.

thegoldenpoo

lol Who said that my post applies to everyone who preferes other consoles besides the Wii? You were the ones who associated yourselves with that kind of overtly-emotive internet specimen.

Also I didn't see a single point refuting the idea the big N has got given up on us gamers.

thegoldenpoo

Theres a thread like this every single day. I already disscussed the same thing 100 times.

Tekkenloving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Tekkenloving
Member since 2008 • 1546 Posts
I have to say I am looking for a few games on the wii I think it's exclusive lineup this year beats the ps3/360 (definitely in quality) but I don't think any of them are first party so.....
thegoldenpoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 thegoldenpoo
[QUOTE="thegoldenpoo"]Also I didn't see a single point refuting the idea the big N has got given up on us gamers. You are just insulting people becuase you have no argument and you feel you console preference is under threat.

Grinning_Demon

lol Who said that my post applies to everyone who preferes other consoles besides the Wii? You were the ones who associated yourselves with that kind of overtly-emotive internet specimen.

Insted of calling everyone "Emos" (although where you plucked this perticular fallacious argument from is beyond me) perhaps you should actually form a coherent argument like so;

The wii has laughable on-line, hell it dosen't even have an eathernet port. I can count the number of on-line capable Wii games with one hand, that contrasted with the scores of Excelent on-line games on the other systems like L4D, TF2, Halo3, KZ2, Warhawk, ET; Quake Wars (PC), Cod4,Almost all PC RTS and SF4. The actual online enviroment is also lighyears behind things like XBL, STEAM, PSN, X-Fire. Every feature is better in every way, Finding freinds, matchamking, server lists, Hosting ETc.

On-line is important to most of the 'Hardcore gamers' (or those who like games in general and have freinds) ergo the Wii has sprinted from the hardcore compared to the other two.

Grinning_Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Grinning_Demon

You're actually gonna make me disscuss this AGAIN? -__-' Its pointless, we'l be wasting our time, no-one's gonna change their opinion and tomorrow it starts all over again, YAY..

I'lmake this short.

Insted of calling everyone "Emos" (although where you plucked this perticular fallacious argument from is beyond me) perhaps you should actually form a coherent argument like so; thegoldenpoo

lol, again i didnt call everyone emo and i find it quite amusing that at least 3 posters felt so troubled by that post, specially since it was obviously written in an exagerated tone for the lulz.

The wii has laughable on-line, hell it dosen't even have an eathernet port. thegoldenpoo

You're right, it has a built in wireless connection.

I can count the number of on-line capable Wii games with one hand, that contrasted with the scores of Excelent on-line games on the other systems like L4D, TF2, Halo3, KZ2, Warhawk, ET; Quake Wars (PC), Cod4,Almost all PC RTS and SF4. The actual online enviroment is also lighyears behind things like XBL, STEAM, PSN, X-Fire. Every feature is better in every way, Finding freinds, matchamking, server lists, Hosting ETc.

On-line is important to most of the 'Hardcore gamers' (or those who like games in general and have freinds) ergo the Wii has sprinted from the hardcore compared to the other two.

thegoldenpoo

Says who? You?

Online is important for many PS360 owners, thats it.

Anyone who buys a Wii or a PS360 and doesnt to play it online isnt hardcore?

And ignoring the stupid "hardcore" term and how badly its used, i still would like to know why you chose one of the features of the PS360 and suddenly proclaimed that feature to be a requirement for the "hardcore" gamer.

Believe me, there are ALOT of gamer enthusiasts who dont give a crap about online, you're just making up stuff to suit your preferences.

I had a PS3, never played it online, i have a PC and only play Counter Strike and on the Wii its Mario Kart even though i have a couple of others with online modes. I prefer local multiplayer or LAN parties.

You value the online services on the other consoles that much? Fine, valid reason to prefer them to the Wii. Are your priorities the same for everyone else? Nope

crazy-player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 crazy-player

You're actually gonna make me disscuss this AGAIN. Its pointless, we'l be wasting our time, no-one's gonna change their opinion and tomorrow it starts all over again, WAY..

I'lmake this short.

[QUOTE="thegoldenpoo"]

lol, again i didnt call everyone emo and i find it quite amusing that at least 3 posters felt so troubled by that post, specially since it was obviously writen in a exagerated tone for the lulz.

[QUOTE="thegoldenpoo"] The wii has laughable on-line, hell it dosen't even have an eathernet port. Grinning_Demon

I can count the number of on-line capable Wii games with one hand, that contrasted with the scores of Excelent on-line games on the other systems like L4D, TF2, Halo3, KZ2, Warhawk, ET; Quake Wars (PC), Cod4,Almost all PC RTS and SF4. The actual online enviroment is also lighyears behind things like XBL, STEAM, PSN, X-Fire. Every feature is better in every way, Finding freinds, matchamking, server lists, Hosting ETc.

thegoldenpoo

Says who? You?

And ignoring the stupid "hardcore" term and how badly its used, i still would like to know why you chose one of the features of the PS360 and suddenly proclaimed that feature to be a requirement for the "hardcore" gamer.

Believe me, there are ALOT of gamer enthusiasts who dont give a crap about online, you're just making up stuff to suit your preferences.

I had a PS3, never played it online, i have a PC and only play Counter Strike and on the Wii its Mario Kart even though i have a couple of others with online modes. I prefer local multiplayer or LAN parties.

You value the online services on the other consoles that much? Fine, valid reason to prefer them to the Wii. Are your priorities the same for everyone else? Nope

Give me atleast one enthusiast gamer that doesn't care about online. The wii's online is pathetic.
Grinning_Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Grinning_Demon
Give me atleast one enthusiast gamer that doesn't care about online. The wii's online is pathetic.crazy-player
If you actually believe the combined number of PS360 users who play online is anywhere near the amount of "hardcore" console gamers out there you are completely delusional. Think about that for a minute.
kipknots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 kipknots
Member since 2003 • 492 Posts
[QUOTE="Grinning_Demon"]

You're actually gonna make me disscuss this AGAIN. Its pointless, we'l be wasting our time, no-one's gonna change their opinion and tomorrow it starts all over again, WAY..

I'lmake this short.

[QUOTE="thegoldenpoo"]

[QUOTE="thegoldenpoo"]I can count the number of on-line capable Wii games with one hand, that contrasted with the scores of Excelent on-line games on the other systems like L4D, TF2, Halo3, KZ2, Warhawk, ET; Quake Wars (PC), Cod4,Almost all PC RTS and SF4. The actual online enviroment is also lighyears behind things like XBL, STEAM, PSN, X-Fire. Every feature is better in every way, Finding freinds, matchamking, server lists, Hosting ETc.

crazy-player

Says who? You?

Give me atleast one enthusiast gamer that doesn't care about online. The wii's online is pathetic.

There are enough of them. Personally I'd take local multiplayer over online any time.

crazy-player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 crazy-player
[QUOTE="crazy-player"]Give me atleast one enthusiast gamer that doesn't care about online. The wii's online is pathetic.Grinning_Demon
If you actually believe the combined number of PS360 users who play online is anywhere near the amount of "hardcore" console gamers out there you are completely delusional. Think about that for a minute.

Who said they were hardcore?
Grinning_Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Grinning_Demon
[QUOTE="Grinning_Demon"][QUOTE="crazy-player"]Give me atleast one enthusiast gamer that doesn't care about online. The wii's online is pathetic.crazy-player

If you actually believe the combined number of PS360 users who play online is anywhere near the amount of "hardcore" console gamers out there you are completely delusional.

Think about that for a minute.

And who says every online player is hardcore?
Is the average X360 user who only bught Halo 3 and Madden too stupid too setup an online connection on the 360?

Or are you one of those that believe that having Gears, Halo and Madden automatically makes you hardcore?
crazy-player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 crazy-player
[QUOTE="crazy-player"][QUOTE="Grinning_Demon"]

If you actually believe the combined number of PS360 users who play online is anywhere near the amount of "hardcore" console gamers out there you are completely delusional.

Think about that for a minute.Grinning_Demon

And who says every online player is hardcore?
Is the average X360 user who only bught Halo 3 and Madden too stupid too setup an online connection on the 360?

Or are you one of those that believe that having Gears, Halo and Madden automatically makes you hardcore?

:lol: The real problem here is the Wii, it doesn't have enough core games, and the online experience sucks.
Ottosmann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#39 Ottosmann
Member since 2006 • 7058 Posts
They're taking advantage of the first-time gamers by making "games" like Carnival Games. Nintendo could care less about gamers.
Grinning_Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Grinning_Demon

:lol: The real problem here is the Wii, it doesn't have enough core games, and the online experience sucks.crazy-player

A laughing emoticon and a "Wii is casual with sucky online" reply ?

Ah so you have no real argument against my post? Fine, thats settled then

They're taking advantage of the first-time gamers by making "games" like Carnival Games. Nintendo could care less about gamers.Ottosmann

nintendo made Carnival Games, you heard it here folks.

crazy-player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 crazy-player
[QUOTE="crazy-player"] :lol: The real problem here is the Wii, it doesn't have enough core games, and the online experience sucks.Grinning_Demon
A laughing emoticon and a "Wii is casual with sucky online" reply ? Ah so you have no real argument against my post? Fine, thats settled then

What arguement? And you haven't responded to our questions as well, what's your response to the Wii's lack of online and core games?
shadow_hosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#42 shadow_hosi
Member since 2006 • 9543 Posts
 break up the massive text with pretty pictures or something, it helps keep my attention
hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

They're taking advantage of the first-time gamers by making "games" like Carnival Games. Nintendo could care less about gamers.Ottosmann

Nintendo doesn't make carnival games, they make substantial gamesl ike wii fit and wii music.

reaver-x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44 reaver-x
Member since 2005 • 2795 Posts
the wii has nothing we need!!! thats y we dont care for it
Grinning_Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Grinning_Demon
[QUOTE="crazy-player"] What arguement? And you haven't responded to our questions as well

What questions? My argument was with TheGoldenPoo (who bailed out :() about the importance of online for the hardcorez, you just jumped in.
what's your response to the Wii's lack of online and core games?crazy-player
It doesnt have online??? And it doesnt have core games?? Wow i thought it had both
treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

I don't agree with anyone that thinks that being a hardcore gamer means you dislike the Wii.

Nintendo's main intention of everything they release is fun. If it doesn't relate to gaming, or interaction then they don't care. I mean Nintendo IS a toy company, and has been for well over a hundred years. Why people expect more from Nintendo is beyond me. Their first party games are all AAA, and while they do have shovelware it's not like there aren't millions of people that enjoy those games.

Nintendo prides themselves in the fact that people enjoy their games, and love to interact with their favorite characters. What Nintendo has done to the video game industry TWICE now is reincarnate it. The Wii and DS have brought in millions of gamers that would otherwise never even pick up a game, and it brings families together.

crazy-player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 crazy-player
[QUOTE="Grinning_Demon"][QUOTE="crazy-player"] What arguement? And you haven't responded to our questions as well

What questions? My argument was with TheGoldenPoo (who bailed out :() about the importance of online for the hardcorez, you just jumped in.
what's your response to the Wii's lack of online and core games?crazy-player
It doesnt have online??? And it doesnt have core games?? Wow i thought it had both

My mistake, I meant to say the lack of good online, and how it doesn't have enough core games.
kaangonultas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 kaangonultas
Member since 2008 • 1647 Posts
Of course, wii owners are getting ripped off and they know it. I mean, Nintendo releasing a gaming console that is vastly inferior to its competition in every conceivabe way you can think of surely indicates that they dont care for Bob the gamer.
boredy-Mcbored

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#49 boredy-Mcbored
Member since 2007 • 1566 Posts
I swear has ANYONE read this? If your to dumb to read something that takes a good 3 mins to read then your as good as the 5 year olds the wii is made for. Long story short the wii is going to keep next gen gaming alive by feeding people new to gaming. The wii is the ONLY GAME COMPANY that caters to the 5 year old that will one day grow into hardcore gamers. Nintendo does occasionally cater to people on this gen but remember when you were growing up. Did you like the story line in games or did you like fighting people? If you were like a normal kid (ie short minded) then of course you would go for the second option.
kaangonultas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 kaangonultas
Member since 2008 • 1647 Posts
I swear has ANYONE read this? If your to dumb to read something that takes a good 3 mins to read then your as good as the 5 year olds the wii is made for. Long story short the wii is going to keep next gen gaming alive by feeding people new to gaming. The wii is the ONLY GAME COMPANY that caters to the 5 year old that will one day grow into hardcore gamers. Nintendo does occasionally cater to people on this gen but remember when you were growing up. Did you like the story line in games or did you like fighting people? If you were like a normal kid (ie short minded) then of course you would go for the second option.boredy-Mcbored
Of course i would like a story as deep and engrossing as Mario's