TLoU2 director says that the ending was not spoiled by the leaks.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
Member since 2018 • 2683 Posts

So, Neil Druckmann is saying that the recent leaks did not actually spoil the ending of the game. Apparently ND just wanted to keep quiet about the whole thing, with no corrections, so as not to accidentally give anything away. Additionally other sources say that the leaks were from an early build. Personally, I did not look at the leaks, so I have no idea what happens. At the same time I wouldn't care if I did know the ending ahead of time. I'm all about the experience and the atmosphere, mostly. Plus that gameplay looks pretty freakin' good. I do of course like the story, but I don't need to be surprised to enjoy the game. Anyway, interesting to hear that the ending is in fact secure.

https://www.gamesradar.com/the-last-of-us-2-director-says-spoilers-suck-but-the-ending-is-not-out-there/

From the article:

He also implied that people pasting alleged spoilers into comments, chats, and anywhere else they'll fit don't necessarily have a truth-telling agenda.

"There's a lot of the feedback that came out, our take on it is, you don't know. Right?" Druckmann said. "There's so many false things out there. We don't want to go out there and correct anything because that would be spoiling the game in a way - by saying what it isn't, we're kind of saying what it is."

"And I think it's a bit into spoiler territory, but we want to elicit certain feelings from the player and then have them reflect on those feelings for the second part," Druckmann said. "So for us, it's like okay, we got the first part. Now let's see if we can get the second part once the game is out there because again people just don't know. There's all these theories about what the ending is but the ending is not out there. You actually don't know how it all comes together."

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

That's exactly what I would say if my previously spoiled game was launching soon

Avatar image for deactivated-5f381b7b4ba30
deactivated-5f381b7b4ba30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By deactivated-5f381b7b4ba30
Member since 2019 • 1049 Posts

Some of the leaked footage was timestamped as late as April 2020, so no it wasn't from early builds. And the ending was leaked, I've seen and read everything.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

He's obviously lying.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@pinkribbonscars said:

Some of the leaked footage was timestamped as late as April 2020, so no it wasn't from early builds. And the ending was leaked, I've seen and read everything.

I can't verify that it was an early build, so I didn't post the link. It's just a rumor that's going around.

As for the actual ending being out there, and Druckmann saying it's not out there, that would be a pretty weird tactic on his part. I mean, once the game comes out and people see that the ending was in fact leaked, he'd look like a liar.

Either way, I can't say, as I did not watch the leaks. Just posting the dude's words.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
@fedor said:

He's obviously lying.

Maybe. But why? People can just see for themselves when the game releases if he's being honest or not. Odd.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

That's exactly what I would say if my previously spoiled game was launching soon

This.

Personally, i didn't look much into the leakage, but did see some stuff that i wasn't very happy about. Day one still, tho.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Fedor

@subspecies said:
@fedor said:

He's obviously lying.

Maybe. But why? People can just see for themselves when the game releases if he's being honest or not. Odd.

Why? To get people who have seen the leaks to think maybe there is more and get them to purchase. I can promise you the ending is out there, how you get to that point is not though and maybe that's what Druckmann is more referring to. Kind of like saying you've seen the ending but since you don't have context you don't understand it.

WeRVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By WeRVenom
Member since 2020 • 479 Posts

I'm pretty sure hes full of shit.

After seeing what happens to Joel I'm not interested.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@fedor said:
@subspecies said:
@fedor said:

He's obviously lying.

Why? To get people who have seen the leaks to think maybe there is more and get them to purchase. I can promise you the ending is out there, how you get to that point is not though and maybe that's what Druckmann is more referring to. Kind of like saying you've seen the ending but since you don't have context you don't understand it.

There's this thing called YouTube. I heard you can watch videos and stuff on it. Like, before you purchase. Weird concept, I know.

Anyway, you're probably right about the how you get there thing. But the dude did straight up say the ending is not out there. Not much room for interpretation. But if it is, it is. I don't care either way.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
@wervenom said:

I'm pretty sure hes full of shit.

Could be, lol.

cdragon_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By cdragon_88
Member since 2003 • 1841 Posts

I've never seen the leaks but:

1. How do you guys know that, that wasn't a fake event of the game? There have been multiple games that have a fake version for hackers who pirate.
  2. How do you guys know that it wasn't just one ending of many endings in the game. Perhaps the events that occurred in the leaks were one of many and other outcomes--if made by playing correctly/right decisons could change the outcome/events of what was leaked?
  3. How do you guys know that the game wasn't changed/fixed during the delay that they had? Perhaps they already created multiple endings and decided--'oh shit they leaked our stuff---change it to the other events/ending.'

I'm waiting for the full game to make a final judgement. Hearing all the backlash because of the leaks just blew up my interest in the game so much more honestly.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Fedor

@subspecies said:
@fedor said:
@subspecies said:
@fedor said:

He's obviously lying.

There's this thing called YouTube. I heard you can watch videos and stuff on it. Like, before you purchase. Weird concept, I know.

Anyway, you're probably right about the how you get there thing. But the dude did straight up say the ending is not out there. Not much room for interpretation. But if it is, it is. I don't care either way.

Turns out, I know this will be hard to accept, but gamers like playing games. Not watching them on YouTube. Weird concept, I know. Druckmann is lying about the ending not being out there, and its shit btw.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@fedor said:
@subspecies said:
@fedor said:
@subspecies said:

Turns out, I know this will be hard to accept, but gamers like playing games. Not watching them on YouTube. Weird concept, I know. Druckmann is lying about the ending not being out there, and its shit btw.

So, gamers like playing games, and not watching them on YouTube....and yet you are talking about the same people that went and watched the leaked ending on...YouTube.

Come on, dude.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Fedor

@subspecies said:
@fedor said:
@subspecies said:
@fedor said:

So, gamers like playing games, and not watching them on YouTube....and yet you are talking about the same people that went and watched the leaked ending on...YouTube.

Come on, dude.

I actually had the game spoiled on this website, someone reponded to a bunch of comments on this site with the major plot points of the game. So you can stick that nonsense back in your pocket. After having the game spoiled I just said screw it and watched the rest of the leaks, not on YouTube though, so lol. Most of the people who had the game spoiled didn't go out of their way looking for spoilers. Sorry to bust that narrative.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@fedor said:
@subspecies said:
@fedor said:
@subspecies said:

Come on, dude.

I actually had the game spoiled on this website, someone reponded to a bunch of comments on this site with the major plot points of the game. So you can stick that nonsense back in your pocket. After having the game spoiled I just said screw it and watched the rest of the leaks, not on YouTube though, so lol. Most of the people who had the game spoiled didn't go out of their way looking for spoilers. Sorry to bust that narrative.

Cool. So you watched the leaks.

Sucks you got spoiled, though. I hate that crap, but it doesn't really ruin anything for me. I didn't see the ending or anything, but a major point did in fact get spoiled for me, so we're probably in the same boat as far as that goes. Some dipshit did a similar thing, posted the spoiler in a thread with a misleading title, and I read the content of the thread before I could back out. It had to do with Joel...

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Fedor

@subspecies: They got me before I even knew the leaks existed, hit an old post I had on the original Persona 5 review from 2017 lol. I suspect they had a bot program with how much they were able to post before getting deleted. Some people just like being d-bags.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

@subspecies said:
@fedor said:

He's obviously lying.

It would not make sense for him to lie about something people will surely know the truth on when launch comes. A move like that would severely damage his reputation, and no sane person in his area of profession would do a thing like that. He's telling the truth. Maybe actual story chunks got leaked but it's possible there's a lot more story not leaked including the ending.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50557 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

Since I barely look at the leaks, I didn't bother looking into it more, so I can't comment on the ending.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@jaydan: Yeah, that's what I'm saying. I mean the dude doesn't strike me as an imbecile. Intentionally branding himself as a liar would seem like an odd decision, to say the least.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

WOW the damage control from duckman is bad, but reduc's is even worse lol.

Sure game devs don't lie, Sean Murray is living proof of that, oh wait....

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

And it didn't take this long for Mr. I_P_Daily to show up! How ya doing Dailly?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f381b7b4ba30
deactivated-5f381b7b4ba30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5f381b7b4ba30
Member since 2019 • 1049 Posts

@subspecies said:

@jaydan: Yeah, that's what I'm saying. I mean the dude doesn't strike me as an imbecile. Intentionally branding himself as a liar would seem like an odd decision, to say the least.

The dude's just damage controlling his abomination. The leaks are really bad. Like The Last Jedi bad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@pinkribbonscars: Well, I'm definitely not claiming the story doesn't suck. But until I learn what the story is, I'll reserve my judgment.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@i_p_daily: Wouldn't be a true Reduc thread without Reduc's lapdog showing up.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#27 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

Bingo.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

Was the ending ever spoiled in the first place? I didn’t watch the leaks, but as far as I understand it, it only showed the final boss encounter and not the conclusion.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@MirkoS77: Dunno. All I do know is that I've been told by countless people that they've seen the ending. Don't know if they're lying or what. I usually tell them to shut up about it, lol.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Fedor

@MirkoS77: It does show the conclusion of that boss fight.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@davillain- said:

I posted 4hrs after the thread started, was post number 22, I posted AFTER you did and yet it didn't take too long for me to show up lol, you crushing on me or something?

I'm flattered, but I like women, sorry :(

@subspecies said:

@i_p_daily: Wouldn't be a true Reduc thread without Reduc's lapdog showing up.

Lapdog, that's the best you can come up with mother cow? I mean you're Sony's lapdog, you're even running PR for them LMFAO.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@i_p_daily said:
@davillain- said:

I posted 4hrs after the thread started, was post number 22, I posted AFTER you did and yet it didn't take too long for me to show up lol, you crushing on me or something?

That's one thing we both agree on. Anyways, I'm getting married this November to the woman I love and...that's it :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@fedor: Yeah but is that the actual ending, or just the end of the fight?

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Fedor

@subspecies: You probably don't want the answers to your question. Just play the game and ignore the fact that it leaked.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@fedor: You don't have to say what actually happened. I'm just trying to find out if you actually saw the whole ending of the game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@davillain- said:
@i_p_daily said:
@davillain- said:

That's one thing we both agree on. Anyways, I'm getting married this November to the woman I love and...that's it :)

Congrats hopefully you have a long and happy marriage :)

EDIT: I am only joking with you dav ok :)

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7165 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p said:
@goldenelementxl said:

Bingo.

so you would lie and make yourself look like an ass to the world? wow ok the logic you xbox guys have sometimes.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@i_p_daily: That pillow would make a nice gift for my new born child :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@gifford38 said:
@speedfreak48t5p said:
@goldenelementxl said:

Bingo.

so you would lie and make yourself look like an ass to the world? wow ok the logic you xbox guys have sometimes.

Have you heard of Sean Murray? if not look him up.

PS...golden is a hardcore sheep, but its easy to see that lems are always on your fragile mind lol.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Gifford38
@davillain- said:
@i_p_daily said:
@davillain- said:

congrats man. i just got married again three weeks ago. 2nd marriage. there was only 5 of us because of the virus but it was nice. don't listen to i_p daily and his stupid fat boy pic with a pillow. good luck and hope you two have a great time. one thing to talk about our systems and attack each other over what system is better. but to attack you with that stupid pic is just not how we should go about to attack each other.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Gifford38

@i_p_daily said:
@gifford38 said:
@speedfreak48t5p said:
@goldenelementxl said:

Bingo.

PS...golden is a hardcore sheep, but its easy to see that lems are always on your fragile mind lol.

yeah i could left out the xbox fan comment but there the only ones in here downing this post and saying it's all lies. yet what if all of it was not leaked. what if joel survived the attach and come in guns blazing to save ellie at the end we don't know. what if that last delay after the leaks they changed the ending? we don't know all of it.

sean murray is an idiot then. there is no way that this guy would lie and put nd one of sony top developer on the line and destroy there name. yes they have been damage controlling about the leaks. but i don't think he is laying about the the ending. this will be a 30 hour plus game the longest naughty dog game ever. so there is more to it than just the leaks. the first game was about 12 hours long.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Fedor

@gifford38 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@gifford38 said:
@speedfreak48t5p said:
@goldenelementxl said:

Bingo.

yeah i could left out the xbox fan comment but there the only ones in here downing this post and saying it's all lies. yet what if all of it was not leaked. what if joel survived the attach and come in guns blazing to save ellie at the end we don't know. what if that last delay after the leaks they changed the ending? we don't know all of it.

sean murray is an idiot then. there is no way that this guy would lie and put nd one of sony top developer on the line and destroy there name. yes they have been damage controlling about the leaks. but i don't think he is laying about the the ending. this will be a 30 hour plus game the longest naughty dog game ever. so there is more to it than just the leaks. the first game was about 12 hours long.

LMAO!!! Oh you sweet summer child.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@gifford38 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@gifford38 said:
@speedfreak48t5p said:
@goldenelementxl said:

Bingo.

The innocence of this post is kinda heartbreaking.

Bless your little heart, dude.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@davillain- said:

@i_p_daily: That pillow would make a nice gift for my new born child :)

As a parent I know you don't buy pillows for a newborn, I know it would be a gift for yourself lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@gifford38 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@gifford38 said:
@speedfreak48t5p said:

Bingo.

You are triggered big time as there are no lems in here saying its all lies, i'm the only lem in here, and even I didn't say it was all lies, I said devs do lie, note the difference.

All the others like fedor are hardcore hermits who occasionally suckles on the teet of Sony.

You know what if he is lying there will be threads on here about it, and if he's not there will be threads on here about it, so soon all will be revealed.

Now did you study at the school of hard meltdowns, because you seem to be having them a lot.

Oh and as for changing the ending during the pandemic, that's the funniest thing i've ever read, as they don't have the time to make all new cutscenes, get the voice actors back in etc.

@gifford38 said:
@davillain- said:
@i_p_daily said:
@davillain- said:

congrats man. i just got married again three weeks ago. 2nd marriage. there was only 5 of us because of the virus but it was nice. don't listen to i_p daily and his stupid fat boy pic with a pillow. good luck and hope you two have a great time. one thing to talk about our systems and attack each other over what system is better. but to attack you with that stupid pic is just not how we should go about to attack each other.

Dav knows how to take a joke as that's all it is and he knows it, as we rib each other all the time.

You need to chill out. Maybe you are a newbie and not an alt after all, jury's still out though lol.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Gifford38

@i_p_daily said:
@gifford38 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@gifford38 said:
@speedfreak48t5p said:

Bingo.

You are triggered big time as there are no lems in here saying its all lies, i'm the only lem in here, and even I didn't say it was all lies, I said devs do lie, note the difference.

All the others like fedor are hardcore hermits who occasionally suckles on the teet of Sony.

You know what if he is lying there will be threads on here about it, and if he's not there will be threads on here about it, so soon all will be revealed.

Now did you study at the school of hard meltdowns, because you seem to be having them a lot.

Oh and as for changing the ending during the pandemic, that's the funniest thing i've ever read, as they don't have the time to make all new cutscenes, get the voice actors back in etc.

@gifford38 said:
@davillain- said:
@i_p_daily said:
@davillain- said:

Dav knows how to take a joke as that's all it is and he knows it, as we rib each other all the time.

You need to chill out. Maybe you are a newbie and not an alt after all, jury's still out though lol.

yeah i am new and i do post fast without reading the whole thing sometimes to. i didnt see your lower comment saying you was just kidding. i jump conclusions. im sorry about that. i just see a lot of hate all over the internet no matter the subject. i get triggered about that. lol i miss the 80's because it was the decade of love. i miss those days. I don't like when someone attacks another but i do like the joking around so again im sorry.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@gifford38 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@gifford38 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@gifford38 said:

@gifford38 said:
@davillain- said:
@i_p_daily said:

yeah i am new and i do post fast without reading the whole thing sometimes to. i didnt see your lower comment saying you was just kidding. i jump conclusions. im sorry about that. i just see a lot of hate all over the internet no matter the subject. i get triggered about that. lol i miss the 80's because it was the decade of love. i miss those days. I don't like when someone attacks another but i do like the joking around so again im sorry.

Oh, sweetie, don't worry about IP. He just likes to make fun of people. That's kind of his thing. It's nice to have a new person on the forum. Welcome! And don't take things too personally around here. People can get pretty nasty, but it's just joking around. It does suck that some people feel the need to constantly attack others, but so it goes. Some people are just like that.

Anyway, again, don't take this place too seriously. And have fun! :)