TLHBO, New 360 Bigger and Better!!!

• 164 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 AvatarAko
Member since 2006 • 345 Posts
[QUOTE="MattBrian"][QUOTE="jxditu"]lol if anyone has been owned in this thread it would be the cows. think about it, a new 360 with a bigger harddrive than both modle ps3, still costs less than both ps3, and has hdmi. while i dont know if this rumor is true, i dont think it would be a bad thing if it was. no one is forcing anyone to buy it. and you dont need it to play xbox 360 games.jxditu

$399+$479=$878 and still no hd-dvd

ps3=$599

you sir self-owned yourself

LOL so in order for me to buy this new rumor model i have to pay 400 bucks and then 479, when if this proves to be true i could just goto the store if i wanted to and buy this new one for 479, which in my book is still cheaper than 500 and 600 without tax. hd dvd is not needed to play games. YOU SIR JUST OWNED YOURSELF AND NEED MORE SCHOOLING.

Every lemming already has a 360, and most lemmings (as proved w/ the HD-DVD add-on) will buy anything MS offers so yeah... If MS employees pooped in a box and said it was Xbox540, all the lemmings would rush out and buy it and claim its better then life itself.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 AvatarAko
[QUOTE="AvatarAko"][QUOTE="heretrix"]

Yes because that just killed the DS. What an even better version? That's terrible...God forbid a company improve their product when it becomes economically feasable...That's just ripping people off even though the version they bought will still continue to work with all upcoming games...:|

This is beyond silly. This kind of stuff happens all the time. Ipods are one of the most popular electronic devices ever and they make new ones almost every year.Does it suck? Yes....Especially if you just bought one...But nobody's forcing you to buy it and your old Ipod will continue to play your music...

You aren't forced to buy the new 360 and your games will continue to work. MS doesn't owe anybody anymore than that.

heretrix

WHAT DID THE NEW DS HAVE THAT THE OLD ONE DIDN"T?

longer thicker sylus
smaller
lighter
sleeker
longer battery life
Better and brighter screen-4different levels of brightness
power button is different

Just those things.

Ok so they basically they redesigned the look of the console which has no effect on the FEATURES of the console itself. Basically longer battery life.
Baird-06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Baird-06
Member since 2006 • 3511 Posts
[QUOTE="jxditu"][QUOTE="MattBrian"][QUOTE="jxditu"]lol if anyone has been owned in this thread it would be the cows. think about it, a new 360 with a bigger harddrive than both modle ps3, still costs less than both ps3, and has hdmi. while i dont know if this rumor is true, i dont think it would be a bad thing if it was. no one is forcing anyone to buy it. and you dont need it to play xbox 360 games.AvatarAko

ps3=$599

LOL so in order for me to buy this new rumor model i have to pay 400 bucks and then 479, when if this proves to be true i could just goto the store if i wanted to and buy this new one for 479, which in my book is still cheaper than 500 and 600 without tax. hd dvd is not needed to play games. YOU SIR JUST OWNED YOURSELF AND NEED MORE SCHOOLING.

Every lemming already has a 360, and most lemmings (as proved w/ the HD-DVD add-on) will buy anything MS offers so yeah... If MS employees pooped in a box and said it was Xbox540, all the lemmings would rush out and buy it and claim its better then life itself.

Sure, you tell yourself that buddy.
treyskillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#54 treyskillz
Member since 2006 • 1576 Posts
[QUOTE="treyskillz"]

[QUOTE="AvatarAko"][QUOTE="treyskillz"]No, the fact that they might be coming out what a larger harddrive is great. You do know that I could just buy the harddrive on attach it to my "OUTDATED" xbox360, and play the same games that the "NEW" 360 can play.AvatarAko

If a 20GB HDD costs $100 how much do you think a $120GB will cost? $600? $500? Probably $200. If you look at it in the long run, you'll end up paying over $1,000 to get the XBOX 360 MS wanted to create.

The Harddrive won't cost as much as the system.

I'd sell my harddrive to buy the new one. (I have a memory card, don't worry)

Friend works at bestbuy (discount)

last time I checked $300 + $200 = $600 ( Yes, I got core, then got a HDD)

your the only one :)

I'm all that matters when I'm talking about myself ... duh :P

jxditu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 jxditu
Member since 2005 • 718 Posts
[QUOTE="jxditu"]lol if anyone has been owned in this thread it would be the cows. think about it, a new 360 with a bigger harddrive than both modle ps3, still costs less than both ps3, and has hdmi. while i dont know if this rumor is true, i dont think it would be a bad thing if it was. no one is forcing anyone to buy it. and you dont need it to play xbox 360 games.asdasd

How are cows owned? They dont have to buy a brand new console if they want HDMI. It was in the PS3 from the begining. If lemmings want HDMI and they already have a 360, they have to fork over another 500ish dollars.

first off i think the 360 doesnt need hdmi. i use the vga adapter and get 1080p on my monitor so no its not needed. cows have been owned because this would give the 360 more space than both the ps3 sku's at a cheaper price, we already know the 360 plays most games that are out now better than the ps3, and if this rumor proves to be true its just in time for IPTV which would be great on a 360 with a 20 gig hd, and even better on a 120 gig. so like i said cows are owned because you still get a better gaming machine with more HD space and more features for less than the cheapest ps3 sku
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#56 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts
[QUOTE="jxditu"]lol if anyone has been owned in this thread it would be the cows. think about it, a new 360 with a bigger harddrive than both modle ps3, still costs less than both ps3, and has hdmi. while i dont know if this rumor is true, i dont think it would be a bad thing if it was. no one is forcing anyone to buy it. and you dont need it to play xbox 360 games.asdasd

How are cows owned? They dont have to buy a brand new console if they want HDMI. It was in the PS3 from the begining. If lemmings want HDMI and they already have a 360, they have to fork over another 500ish dollars.

I don't want HDMI. People who brag about having HDMI make me laugh because all you are bragging about is DRM...There is very little difference if any in visual quality between HDMI and component. But what HDMI has that component doesn't aside from audio, is DRM built right into the cable....So basically you can have it. 
kromatic_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 kromatic_basic
Member since 2002 • 50 Posts
I don't know whats the big deal, i'll buy the 120gb hard drive, nice addition to my 360, its not like microsoft is pulling a sega cd on us...
treyskillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#58 treyskillz
Member since 2006 • 1576 Posts

if they planned on buying a new 360 , why would they keep their old one?  ever think the might.... sell it.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23065 Posts
[QUOTE="heretrix"][QUOTE="AvatarAko"][QUOTE="heretrix"]

Yes because that just killed the DS. What an even better version? That's terrible...God forbid a company improve their product when it becomes economically feasable...That's just ripping people off even though the version they bought will still continue to work with all upcoming games...:|

This is beyond silly. This kind of stuff happens all the time. Ipods are one of the most popular electronic devices ever and they make new ones almost every year.Does it suck? Yes....Especially if you just bought one...But nobody's forcing you to buy it and your old Ipod will continue to play your music...

You aren't forced to buy the new 360 and your games will continue to work. MS doesn't owe anybody anymore than that.

longer thicker sylus
smaller
lighter
sleeker
longer battery life

Just those things.

Ok so they basically they redesigned the look of the console which has no effect on the FEATURES of the console itself. Basically longer battery life.

What about the different versions of the NES, PS1, PS2, GBs, etc? How about IPods, processors, and hundreds of other products. People are trying to make this out to be a cardinal sin, but this is done very often.
Baird-06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Baird-06
[QUOTE="Berserker_2"]All of this is rumor now. I understand that rumors often come true, but there is often a few unknowns. There's no ownage until official announcements.

There would be no ownage regardless... You're not forced to go out and buy the upgraded version, and HDMI and the bigger space is most certainly not needed to continue to enjoy the great games on the 360.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 heretrix
[QUOTE="heretrix"][QUOTE="AvatarAko"][QUOTE="heretrix"]

longer thicker sylus
smaller
lighter
sleeker
longer battery life

Just those things.

Yeah just forget about the better screen. It's not really important. Wait. Isn't the screen the thing that you look at when you use your DS? I would think that that was kinda important...I guess not.:roll:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 AvatarAko
[QUOTE="asdasd"][QUOTE="jxditu"]lol if anyone has been owned in this thread it would be the cows. think about it, a new 360 with a bigger harddrive than both modle ps3, still costs less than both ps3, and has hdmi. while i dont know if this rumor is true, i dont think it would be a bad thing if it was. no one is forcing anyone to buy it. and you dont need it to play xbox 360 games.jxditu

first off i think the 360 doesnt need hdmi. i use the vga adapter and get 1080p on my monitor so no its not needed. cows have been owned because this would give the 360 more space than both the ps3 sku's at a cheaper price, we already know the 360 plays most games that are out now better than the ps3, and if this rumor proves to be true its just in time for IPTV which would be great on a 360 with a 20 gig hd, and even better on a 120 gig. so like i said cows are owned because you still get a better gaming machine with more HD space and more features for less than the cheapest ps3 sku

Its kind of funny. IPTV will cost extra too. I mean look at it: You pay $50/ year to play games Buh buh buh the Video Marketplace....yeah you PAY to download movies and shows...not free either (your paying for Live just to see what else you can buy) buh buh buh IPTV (that's going to cost monthley too) PSN>>>XBL
MattBrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 MattBrian
Member since 2004 • 625 Posts
[QUOTE="MattBrian"][QUOTE="jxditu"]lol if anyone has been owned in this thread it would be the cows. think about it, a new 360 with a bigger harddrive than both modle ps3, still costs less than both ps3, and has hdmi. while i dont know if this rumor is true, i dont think it would be a bad thing if it was. no one is forcing anyone to buy it. and you dont need it to play xbox 360 games.jxditu

ps3=$599

once again XBOX PRO COSTS 399

ZCRAP COSTS 479

do the math...YOU GOT DUPED....MORE 360 DENIAL
reilo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 reilo
Member since 2004 • 1131 Posts
Well, if this new 360 does come out, do not expect a price drop. In fact, the only drop I would expect from this is dropping the Core version. I wouldn't be surprised to just see the Premium and Zephyr in shelves a year from now.
dragonlife29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 dragonlife29
Member since 2005 • 14543 Posts
It could either be a genius marketing move that will garner more money, or be an utterly miserable one. I can't say for sure which one I think it is, though.

MattBrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 MattBrian
Well, if this new 360 does come out, do not expect a price drop. In fact, the only drop I would expect from this is dropping the Core version. I wouldn't be surprised to just see the Premium and Zephyr in shelves a year from now.reilo

the ps3 will drop a tad just to push the point IT HAS BUILT IN BLU-RAY and is future proofed unlike M$
Baird-06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Baird-06
[QUOTE="jxditu"][QUOTE="asdasd"][QUOTE="jxditu"]lol if anyone has been owned in this thread it would be the cows. think about it, a new 360 with a bigger harddrive than both modle ps3, still costs less than both ps3, and has hdmi. while i dont know if this rumor is true, i dont think it would be a bad thing if it was. no one is forcing anyone to buy it. and you dont need it to play xbox 360 games.AvatarAko

Its kind of funny. IPTV will cost extra too. I mean look at it: You pay $50/ year to play games Buh buh buh the Video Marketplace....yeah you PAY to download movies and shows...not free either (your paying for Live just to see what else you can buy) buh buh buh IPTV (that's going to cost monthley too) PSN>>>XBL

WTF, so were now apparantly forced to pay for IPTV, something that has nothing to do with gaming?
Avatar image for N00bSlaiyer3000
N00bSlaiyer3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 N00bSlaiyer3000
Member since 2007 • 99 Posts
itll be as much or more as the PS3.
alfy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 alfy13
Member since 2004 • 3600 Posts
if this rumor is true, i have been WTF PWNED by MS.
jxditu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 jxditu
[QUOTE="jxditu"][QUOTE="asdasd"][QUOTE="jxditu"]lol if anyone has been owned in this thread it would be the cows. think about it, a new 360 with a bigger harddrive than both modle ps3, still costs less than both ps3, and has hdmi. while i dont know if this rumor is true, i dont think it would be a bad thing if it was. no one is forcing anyone to buy it. and you dont need it to play xbox 360 games.AvatarAko

again no one is forcing you to use iptv. its nice to have tho. video MP is also a nice addition. which just proves that xbox live has so much more to offer than the psn.
Baird-06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Baird-06
[QUOTE="reilo"]Well, if this new 360 does come out, do not expect a price drop. In fact, the only drop I would expect from this is dropping the Core version. I wouldn't be surprised to just see the Premium and Zephyr in shelves a year from now.MattBrian

the ps3 will drop a tad just to push the point IT HAS BUILT IN BLU-RAY and is future proofed unlike M$

Can Sony really afford to drop the price just a tad to make any difference?
Mystikef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#72 Mystikef
Member since 2003 • 5125 Posts
[QUOTE="Mystikef"]

I don't understand how improving a great system is a bad thing for anyone?

Every product on the planet gets improved. The two Xbox 360s I own will be just as fun as they ever were and I still got exactly what I expected when I bought them... except now I'll be able to upfgrade the HDD. That's sweet in my book. If there are enough upgrades that I want... I'll buy a new 360.

I buy a new car every couple years and no matter what model I buy it gets upgraded in a year... and my car is a hell of lot more expensive than my 360.

Some of you are so mixed up in this world. This is good news for all. It's just that it is better news for those that don't have a 360 yet. Expect a price drop on the older model... which is even better news again.

MattBrian

got that spare in case one sets fire huh?:lol:

I did have one break.  I'm not a fanboy, so I don't mind telling you that.

But...  I have so much fun playing my 360 that I didn't want to be without one for two weeks.  So i went and bought another that night and sent my first one in to MS who repaired it for free and got it back to me in about 15 days.  I would have bought a second sooner or later for the TV in my home office.  I like playing System Link with friends, anyway.

The 360 does have a some reliability issues and it's loud.  Besides that, I think it is one of the best gaming consoles to come along in quite a while.  In a year MS managed to have 40 AA and AAA titles on the market.  Pretty darned impressive.  I'll be impressed if Sony manages to match that with the PS3. 

jxditu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 jxditu
[QUOTE="jxditu"][QUOTE="MattBrian"][QUOTE="jxditu"]lol if anyone has been owned in this thread it would be the cows. think about it, a new 360 with a bigger harddrive than both modle ps3, still costs less than both ps3, and has hdmi. while i dont know if this rumor is true, i dont think it would be a bad thing if it was. no one is forcing anyone to buy it. and you dont need it to play xbox 360 games.MattBrian

ps3=$599

ZCRAP COSTS 479

im still not following your logic. your saying for people who dont own an xbox 360 they have to go out and instead of buying the 479 version, they have to buy the 400 buck version then buy the 479 one? and whats stopping me from selling my 360 and paying the differenace? or what if i just have to have the new 360 and go out and buy it because i want it, not because i have to buy it to play 360 games. please dont post if you dont know what your typing.
MattBrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 MattBrian
[QUOTE="MattBrian"][QUOTE="Mystikef"]

Every product on the planet gets improved. The two Xbox 360s I own will be just as fun as they ever were and I still got exactly what I expected when I bought them... except now I'll be able to upfgrade the HDD. That's sweet in my book. If there are enough upgrades that I want... I'll buy a new 360.

I buy a new car every couple years and no matter what model I buy it gets upgraded in a year... and my car is a hell of lot more expensive than my 360.

Some of you are so mixed up in this world. This is good news for all. It's just that it is better news for those that don't have a 360 yet. Expect a price drop on the older model... which is even better news again.

Mystikef

I did have one break. I'm not a fanboy, so I don't mind telling you that.

But... I have so much fun playing my 360 that I didn't want to be without one for two weeks. So i went and bought another that night and sent my first one in to MS who repaired it for free and got it back to me in about 15 days. I would have bought a second sooner or later for the TV in my home office. I like playing System Link with friends, anyway.

The 360 does have a some reliability issues and it's loud. Besides that, I think it is one of the best gaming consoles to come along in quite a while. In a year MS managed to have 40 AA and AAA titles on the market. Pretty darned impressive. I'll be impressed if Sony manages to match that with the PS3.

link please

JayPee89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 JayPee89
Member since 2005 • 3488 Posts

I don't think anything is confirmed yet.  A link would be nice. 

reilo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 reilo
Member since 2004 • 1131 Posts
[QUOTE="AvatarAko"][QUOTE="jxditu"][QUOTE="asdasd"][QUOTE="jxditu"]lol if anyone has been owned in this thread it would be the cows. think about it, a new 360 with a bigger harddrive than both modle ps3, still costs less than both ps3, and has hdmi. while i dont know if this rumor is true, i dont think it would be a bad thing if it was. no one is forcing anyone to buy it. and you dont need it to play xbox 360 games.Baird-06

WTF, so were now apparantly forced to pay for IPTV, something that has nothing to do with gaming?

Uhm, yea. Just like you pay for Voice over IP (telephone service over the internet), satellite, and cable, youw ill have to pay for IPTV just like you would with a regular cable company.
DSgamer64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#77 DSgamer64
Member since 2007 • 4449 Posts

[QUOTE="white_sox"]How much is the new one supposed to retail at....or has it not been announced?
mattbbpl
The new model hasn't even been announced, but the rumored model is rumored to retail for $479. It's currently all speculation.

That would be pathetic. First off a 120 GB HDD alone costs 50-80 dollars, knowing the one that M$ will provide, it will be crap and wind up breaking in some way like the standard 360 drives do, and they will charges you more then retail value of other drives to replace or purchase new ones. Also HD-DVD players retail for 300-500 dollars for good quality standalone with HDMI ports on it which will tack on at least an extra 150 dollars onto the retail price of the premium 360. I would imagine when its all said and done, M$ will wind up charging close to as much as the 30 GB PS3 bundle just for high def movie support and an HDMI plug with cables for it.

gmastersexay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 gmastersexay
Member since 2003 • 3831 Posts
[QUOTE="asdasd"][QUOTE="jxditu"]lol if anyone has been owned in this thread it would be the cows. think about it, a new 360 with a bigger harddrive than both modle ps3, still costs less than both ps3, and has hdmi. while i dont know if this rumor is true, i dont think it would be a bad thing if it was. no one is forcing anyone to buy it. and you dont need it to play xbox 360 games.heretrix

I don't want HDMI. People who brag about having HDMI make me laugh because all you are bragging about is DRM...There is very little difference if any in visual quality between HDMI and component. But what HDMI has that component doesn't aside from audio, is DRM built right into the cable....So basically you can have it.

LOL! DRM is located on the source (disc) it is not "built into the cable". DRM only effects movies not games.
MattBrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 MattBrian
[QUOTE="MattBrian"][QUOTE="jxditu"][QUOTE="MattBrian"][QUOTE="jxditu"]lol if anyone has been owned in this thread it would be the cows. think about it, a new 360 with a bigger harddrive than both modle ps3, still costs less than both ps3, and has hdmi. while i dont know if this rumor is true, i dont think it would be a bad thing if it was. no one is forcing anyone to buy it. and you dont need it to play xbox 360 games.jxditu

ps3=$599

ZCRAP COSTS 479

im still not following your logic. your saying for people who dont own an xbox 360 they have to go out and instead of buying the 479 version, they have to buy the 400 buck version then buy the 479 one? and whats stopping me from selling my 360 and paying the differenace? or what if i just have to have the new 360 and go out and buy it because i want it, not because i have to buy it to play 360 games. please dont post if you dont know what your typing.

damn you boxies are dumber than i thought...lol

if you already got one you gotshafted by microsoft
DSgamer64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 DSgamer64

[QUOTE="Baird-06"][QUOTE="AvatarAko"][QUOTE="jxditu"][QUOTE="asdasd"][QUOTE="jxditu"]lol if anyone has been owned in this thread it would be the cows. think about it, a new 360 with a bigger harddrive than both modle ps3, still costs less than both ps3, and has hdmi. while i dont know if this rumor is true, i dont think it would be a bad thing if it was. no one is forcing anyone to buy it. and you dont need it to play xbox 360 games.reilo

Uhm, yea. Just like you pay for Voice over IP (telephone service over the internet), satellite, and cable, youw ill have to pay for IPTV just like you would with a regular cable company.

Lemmings are seriously going to get milked of their money hard this gen. If they keep paying to use all the extra features they wont have enough money to buy games :lol:

Mystikef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Mystikef
Member since 2003 • 5125 Posts
[QUOTE="Mystikef"][QUOTE="MattBrian"][QUOTE="Mystikef"]

MattBrian

I did have one break. I'm not a fanboy, so I don't mind telling you that.

But... I have so much fun playing my 360 that I didn't want to be without one for two weeks. So i went and bought another that night and sent my first one in to MS who repaired it for free and got it back to me in about 15 days. I would have bought a second sooner or later for the TV in my home office. I like playing System Link with friends, anyway.

The 360 does have a some reliability issues and it's loud. Besides that, I think it is one of the best gaming consoles to come along in quite a while. In a year MS managed to have 40 AA and AAA titles on the market. Pretty darned impressive. I'll be impressed if Sony manages to match that with the PS3.

link please

Top 50 Xbox 360 games (42 AA and AAA)

Do your own work next time...  You can find it on this site after all.

Big_Greg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Big_Greg
Member since 2003 • 7354 Posts

TLHBO? That's funny because your ownage is weak to none. If anything a bigger and better 360 means it's x times better than the PS3.

Shad0ki11

It would only have a bigger hdd it still wont play hd-dvd :lol:

No matter what they do they will still lose and making THREE consoles just sealed their fate.

Baird-06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Baird-06
[QUOTE="Baird-06"][QUOTE="AvatarAko"][QUOTE="jxditu"][QUOTE="asdasd"][QUOTE="jxditu"]lol if anyone has been owned in this thread it would be the cows. think about it, a new 360 with a bigger harddrive than both modle ps3, still costs less than both ps3, and has hdmi. while i dont know if this rumor is true, i dont think it would be a bad thing if it was. no one is forcing anyone to buy it. and you dont need it to play xbox 360 games.reilo

But we don't have to use the IPTV service. :| That was my point...
jxditu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 jxditu
[QUOTE="jxditu"][QUOTE="MattBrian"][QUOTE="jxditu"][QUOTE="MattBrian"][QUOTE="jxditu"]lol if anyone has been owned in this thread it would be the cows. think about it, a new 360 with a bigger harddrive than both modle ps3, still costs less than both ps3, and has hdmi. while i dont know if this rumor is true, i dont think it would be a bad thing if it was. no one is forcing anyone to buy it. and you dont need it to play xbox 360 games.MattBrian

ps3=$599

ZCRAP COSTS 479

damn you boxies are dumber than i thought...lol

if you already got one you gotshafted by microsoft

how? i cant play anymore xbox 360 games now that a new one is out? i wont be able to use all the same features that the new one has? if anything MS will offer an upgrade hdd for around 100 bucks which still costs less than a ps3. 299 plus maybe 100 or 150 for 120 gig hdd= still cheaper than ps3 with more space, better games now, and more features on xbox live. no ownage or shafting going on here
Baird-06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Baird-06

[QUOTE="reilo"][QUOTE="Baird-06"][QUOTE="AvatarAko"][QUOTE="jxditu"][QUOTE="asdasd"][QUOTE="jxditu"]lol if anyone has been owned in this thread it would be the cows. think about it, a new 360 with a bigger harddrive than both modle ps3, still costs less than both ps3, and has hdmi. while i dont know if this rumor is true, i dont think it would be a bad thing if it was. no one is forcing anyone to buy it. and you dont need it to play xbox 360 games.DSgamer64

Lemmings are seriously going to get milked of their money hard this gen. If they keep paying to use all the extra features they wont have enough money to buy games :lol:

No, it would be milkage if we were forced to use the IPTV, but we are not. So you fail.
asmallchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 asmallchild
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts
It will just piss me off if MS does this.I got my 360 a couple months before christmas and this is just like a kick in the balls. Thats why I like the PS3, it had HDMI included from the beginging. My TV doesnt support 1080p through componant and I really dont feel like spending 150$ for an adapter that changes vga to hdmi.asdasd
I agree with you man. I was all set to purchase an Xbox360 (hey...dad's payin for it and if he likes MS, I'm not gonna whine ;) But the rumors of this new box and the hardware instability posts littering the Xbox360 messageboards really spooked me off. I understand the games played will still be the same. But if I were to fork over so much dough in the 1st place, I like knowing that I own the best piece of hardware MS has to offer over the next 2-3 years (or however long game consoles typically last...4 I think with the last gen?) A stupid reason I know but still one that persuaded me to go PS3.
Baird-06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Baird-06
[QUOTE="Shad0ki11"]

TLHBO? That's funny because your ownage is weak to none. If anything a bigger and better 360 means it's x times better than the PS3.

Big_Greg

It would only have a bigger hdd it still wont play hd-dvd :lol:

No matter what they do they will still lose and making THREE consoles just sealed their fate.

So how does MS making three different versions of a console automatically seal their fate? :?
DSgamer64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 DSgamer64
OMG lemmings must truly be stupid though to actually pay for a TV service that you can get better quality of for cheaper. Basic cable costs next to nothing and digital cable is like maybe 30 or 40 bucks a month at most for hundreds of channels. Not to mention you wouldnt have to watch TV with your console on which would mean hours of wear on your system to leave it running while watching TV.
Big_Greg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Big_Greg

That's funny, I read that Zehpyr is the codename for the 65nm Xenon, not a new 360. And if it is true, then I'm glad to see that new 360 owners will get a bigger harddrive and HDMI....-GeordiLaForge-

So you will be glad to see current 360 owners buy another 360? :|

Baird-06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Baird-06
OMG lemmings must truly be stupid though to actually pay for a TV service that you can get better quality of for cheaper. Basic cable costs next to nothing and digital cable is like maybe 30 or 40 bucks a month at most for hundreds of channels. Not to mention you wouldnt have to watch TV with your console on which would mean hours of wear on your system to leave it running while watching TV.DSgamer64
I seriously doubt that the majority of the lemmings will even bother with the IPTV.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 heretrix

[QUOTE="heretrix"][QUOTE="asdasd"][QUOTE="jxditu"]lol if anyone has been owned in this thread it would be the cows. think about it, a new 360 with a bigger harddrive than both modle ps3, still costs less than both ps3, and has hdmi. while i dont know if this rumor is true, i dont think it would be a bad thing if it was. no one is forcing anyone to buy it. and you dont need it to play xbox 360 games.gmastersexay

I don't want HDMI. People who brag about having HDMI make me laugh because all you are bragging about is DRM...There is very little difference if any in visual quality between HDMI and component. But what HDMI has that component doesn't aside from audio, is DRM built right into the cable....So basically you can have it.

LOL! DRM is located on the source (disc) it is not "built into the cable". DRM only effects movies not games.

Educate yourself. Without the HDMI cable connecting to the hardware the DRM isn't possible.

http://www.boingboing.net/2006/05/23/hdmi_the_manchurian_.html

The cable makes it happen. It's a digital cable configured to be ICT compliant. The DRM is in the cable and the devices it is connected to. The copy protection on the disk is completely different and apparently useless since it's been cracked already. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI

vistamanV5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 vistamanV5
Member since 2005 • 957 Posts

I don't understand cow logic, honestly answer these questions to your self

1. Does the new version effect any way shape or form how I play games?

2. Does the new version have special features that can play certain games while the older model can't?

3. Is HDMI needed to play in HD or 1080p?

4. Does HDMI even look better than component?

5. Is MS making me buy this?

6. Will you be able to buy the 120GB HD?

7. Has any other console or electronic component ever come out with a newer and better version?

8. Is it wrong for MS to try and create a better product for its consumers?
Baird-06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Baird-06

I don't understand cow logic, honestly answer these questions to your self

1. Does the new version effect any way shape or form how I play games?

2. Does the new version have special features that can play certain games while the older model can't?

3. Is HDMI needed to play in HD or 1080p?

4. Does HDMI even look better than component?

5. Is MS making me buy this?

6. Will you be able to buy the 120GB HD?

7. Has any other console or electronic component ever come out with a newer and better version?

8. Is it wrong for MS to try and create a better product for its consumers?
vistamanV5
Thank you. That should shut the cows up...for now.
jxditu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 jxditu
[QUOTE="DSgamer64"]OMG lemmings must truly be stupid though to actually pay for a TV service that you can get better quality of for cheaper. Basic cable costs next to nothing and digital cable is like maybe 30 or 40 bucks a month at most for hundreds of channels. Not to mention you wouldnt have to watch TV with your console on which would mean hours of wear on your system to leave it running while watching TV.Baird-06
so if the ps3 offered the same services and added a little extra charge would cows not use it at all? o right they would claim ownage for having the same thing as xbox live right? its all optional. no one is forcing you to buy or use any of this extra stuff. iptv is something which just adds to the overall experiance. i dont know about anyone else but i like having options.
vistamanV5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 vistamanV5
Member since 2005 • 957 Posts

[QUOTE="-GeordiLaForge-"]That's funny, I read that Zehpyr is the codename for the 65nm Xenon, not a new 360. And if it is true, then I'm glad to see that new 360 owners will get a bigger harddrive and HDMI....Big_Greg

Why would lemming need to buy another 360?
MoldOnHold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 MoldOnHold
Member since 2005 • 11760 Posts
[QUOTE="white_sox"]How much is the new one supposed to retail at....or has it not been announced?
the-very-best

$479 supposedly, but all this talk is still in the rumour stage.

Link?
air0123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#97 air0123
Member since 2006 • 1411 Posts
So what will happen to the cows when sony releases the slimmer version of the PS3?
KeyWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#98 KeyWii
Member since 2006 • 4884 Posts
What the hell. Microsoft has just screwed over their entire 10 million user base.
JaM3z90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#99 JaM3z90
Member since 2005 • 326 Posts
What would you do with all that space though?
Big_Greg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Big_Greg
[QUOTE="Big_Greg"]

[QUOTE="-GeordiLaForge-"]That's funny, I read that Zehpyr is the codename for the 65nm Xenon, not a new 360. And if it is true, then I'm glad to see that new 360 owners will get a bigger harddrive and HDMI....vistamanV5

Why would lemming need to buy another 360?

The same reason why lemmings buy the core pack then turn around and buy the 20 gig hdd knowing they need it. Deep down you guys know you're hurting with this new piece of info.