Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

A Hero Multiplayer shooter using tom clancy name having ubisoft original logo. LOL!!

whats with the name of game??

cdragon_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 cdragon_88
Member since 2003 • 1841 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
Loading Video...

A Hero Multiplayer shooter using tom clancy name having ubisoft original logo. LOL!!

The name of the game is Overwatch.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

Yuck.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58961 Posts

Very exciting. Very exciting.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
Loading Video...

looks like garbage you'd be interested in.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46288 Posts

Someone is even wearing the Splinter Cell NV goggles because if there is two things Ubisoft loves, it's creating generic crap and trolling Splinter Cell fans.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 R4gn4r0k  Online

@uninspiredcup said:

Very exciting. Very exciting.

I haven't been this excited for a game since Hyper Scape.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5249 Posts

"Timothy clanskies"? What is that?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ghosts4ever
@warmblur said:

Hitman 3, Deathloop, Atomic heart, System shock, Dying Light 2, Company of Heroes 3, Age of Empire 4 etc they all 2021 games.

But LOL good ol warmy think only AAA mainstream games (now only live service games) exist and rest not. poll is based on games in general (including indies).

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:

Age Of Empires the fourth my friend.

3 came out in 2005.

mistyping.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts
@ghosts4ever said:
@warmblur said:

Hitman 3, Deathloop, Atomic heart, System shock, Dying Light 2, Company of Heroes 3, Age of Empire 4 etc they all 2021 games.

But LOL good ol warmy think only AAA mainstream games (now only live service games) exist and rest not. poll is based on games in general (including indies).

I don't give a shit about indie games you are right but why do you even care? you don't play indie games you play games that are so mainstream they made movies on them. I like Doom and Hitman but geezzz give it up these games are mainstream AF.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ghosts4ever
@warmblur said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@warmblur said:

I don't give a shit about indie games you are right but why do you even care? you don't play indie games you play games that are so mainstream they made movies on them. I like Doom and Hitman but geezzz give it up these games are mainstream AF.

It doesnot matter you dont care about indie games. people vote it based on indie, non AAA, AA and all kind of games.

AAA industry bad is nothing new. its just worse today. back in days it was weaker even compare to mid tier games.

my friend, if we have live service games, bad AAA games. it can be ignored completely.

My games are nowhere near mainstream as Ubisoft/EA/Activision/Rockstar games. not by long shot.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58961 Posts

@ghosts4ever: While this is a righteous concept. We not do represent the gaming community at large. Most people are uninformed and don't really think about this stuff. Which the gaming media (who act as glorified PR) and Publishers exploit.

We must think of the children. Little cherubs. Many of whom are being brought up with this normalized as to be unquestionable and incrementally worse. Turning a blind eye (in Gamespots case promoting it), is not the good guy route.

It inherently creeps into design. The most obvious example being (ironically ironic) Tom Clancy.

These games are nothing like what they once were and the design decisions have nothing to do with "improving gameplay" but follows established trends that will bear the most fruit economically.

The framework of what Tom Clancy use to be are outright dead and dusted. Replaced by grind walls, open-world maps full of busy work, a barrage of items, unlocks.

All of this is designed to frustrate the player. Much like the mobile game model. People work, go to school, busy. Elongated content becomes an insurmountable task.

Even games we typically wouldn't associate with such models, now have that model. SFV for example. Where it's gotten so bad that players are using bots (for a fighting game) to grind XP that simply play on a loop all day long.

Aside from implementing features down the line, Capcom can arbitrarily change the grind pace and use incentives (ads which they are trying to normalize) to effectively have users pay, to work as billboards to fix a problem, they created.

Which my friend, is fucking insane. And because they always get their way, will be a thing in all likelihood.

We get the "ah, but the market decides if too much is too much".

The market is plainly stupid. It's like saying cocaine addicts will dictate the flow of Columbia' finest export. Since, that's effectively how they want these to work, phycological manipulation. Getting them whales.

Ignoring this shit is exactly what they want. And exactly how we went from horse armour to governments having to get involved.

Mr.Warmblur is correct. Gaming is doomed.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ghosts4ever
@uninspiredcup said:

@ghosts4ever: While this is a righteous concept. We not do represent the gaming community at large. Most people are uninformed and don't really think about this stuff. Which the gaming media (who act as glorified PR) and Publishers exploit.

We must think of the children. Little cherubs. Many of whom are being brought up with this normalized as to be unquestionable and incrementally worse. Turning a blind eye (in Gamespots case promoting it), is not the good guy route.

It inherently creeps into design. The most obvious example being (ironically ironic) Tom Clancy.

These games are nothing like what they once were and the design decisions have nothing to do with "improving gameplay" but follows established trends that will bear the most fruit economically.

The framework of what Tom Clancy use to be are outright dead and dusted. Replaced by grind walls, open-world maps full of busy work, a barrage of items, unlocks.

All of this is designed to frustrate the player. Much like the mobile game model. People work, go to school, busy. Elongated content becomes an insurmountable task.

Even games we typically wouldn't associate with such models, now have that model. SFV for example. Where it's gotten so bad that players are using bots (for a fighting game) to grind XP that simply play on a loop all day long.

Aside from implementing features down the line, Capcom can arbitrarily change the grind pace and use incentives (ads which they are trying to normalize) to effectively have users pay, to work as billboards to fix a problem, they created.

Which my friend, is fucking insane. And because they always get their way, will be a thing in all likelihood.

We get the "ah, but the market decides if too much is too much".

The market is plainly stupid. It's like saying cocaine addicts will dictate the flow of Columbia' finest export. Since, that's effectively how they want these to work, phycological manipulation. Getting them whales.

Ignoring this shit is exactly what they want. And exactly how we went from horse armour to governments having to get involved.

Mr.Warmblur is correct. Gaming is doomed.

Gaming is doomed also by Nvidia and AMD greed because GPU prices are raising in sky and not everyone can afford it. and that is why Im supporting Steamdeck making PC gaming affordable. the worst thing today nearly no one mention it sadly. and this thing cannot be ignore or irreplacable unlike AAA mainstream games.

beside I dont care about modern tom clancy games. they have been crap since long ago and now even more bad.

Bethesda get lot of undeserve hate but they were best publishers last gen. they are only publisher who support old school FPS and immersive sim. still do. even from single player point of view. Deathloop looks to be most innovative game to come our in years

if capcom introduce some grindy things, play SNK fighting games then. they are free from them.

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 1238 Posts

It's like Ubisoft gets off on pissing off fans of their older games. They've got it down to an art form...

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

And some of you are hoping for a real Splinter Cell game🤭This dev is fuckedup in the head lol

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

That's embarrassing, I watched about a minute of that video and heard the two guys say "we want your help" 20 times. So they're just admitting that they're incompetent developers lol.

Ghost you should be all over this immersive sim though right?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts
@cdragon_88 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
Loading Video...

No it's Overapex....Apexwatch: Siege.....

AND WTF IS THE OBSESSION WITH HOODS, MASKS, AND BUBBLEGUM PUNK THESE DAYS!?!?!

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts
@my_user_name said:

It's like Ubisoft gets off on pissing off fans of their older games. They've got it down to an art form...

Well they figure we are all 30+ years old at this point and we are going to be senior citizens soon and might as well be dead, right!?

I mean, look, I'm not stupid: I know businesses need to make money and the trends make the most money. Games like this "need" to exist.

But at the same time, games like, oh I don't know a single-player splinter cell?--those could also exist, right? They could be profitable. You don't need to spend a lot of money making a really great Splinter Cell singleplayer game. Not everything has to be a GaaS. You can just make a good single-player game with a small studio and sell it for 40 dollars. Maybe have a 20-hour campaign, toss in a level editor or some sort or random-level generator for some fun and longevity and community good will.

I don't hate publishers like Ubisoft and EA and Activision for the games they make, I hate them for the games they don't make.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3025 Posts

I dont know who Timothy Clanskies is but his game looks horrible.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8213 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

And some of you are hoping for a real Splinter Cell game🤭This dev is fuckedup in the head lol

yeah it hurt.. at this point just give me a remastered chaos theory.. gimmie something Ubi... nobody asked for this..

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 hardwenzen

Its as if Ubi games are created by hipsters in their early 20's that spend 15h a day on TikTok. When i see anything announced from them, this is whom i have in mind.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

It looks like every other game of this type. I'm sure the team working on it is talented, and it might be a decent game, but it's just like every other game in this genre with minor tweaks, and it's hard to get excited over that.

Putting Tom Clancy's name in the title just seems inappropriate. It used to mean the game made some attempt at realism, but now Ubi are just slapping his name on anything and as a result it has become meaningless.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@vfighter said:

That's embarrassing, I watched about a minute of that video and heard the two guys say "we want your help" 20 times. So they're just admitting that they're incompetent developers lol.

Ghost you should be all over this immersive sim though right?

Multiplayer games can never be immersive sim.

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

Free to play

Download,try,decide then if it's shit or not

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 R4gn4r0k  Online

@simple-facts said:

Free to play

Download,try,decide then if it's shit or not

Free to play is the same as quick sand. You're in it before you know, spending money you don't want to.

Free to play is, and always will be avoid for me.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 R4gn4r0k  Online
@mrbojangles25 said:
@cdragon_88 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
Loading Video...

No it's Overapex....Apexwatch: Siege.....

AND WTF IS THE OBSESSION WITH HOODS, MASKS, AND BUBBLEGUM PUNK THESE DAYS!?!?!

Overapex: Call of Destiny

And agreed, the design of the characters these days is downright disgusting.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 palasta
Member since 2017 • 1394 Posts

A hero multiplayer shooter? What is that? Similar to multiplayer hero shooter, but where the hero comes before the multiplayer? Boy, the new stuff they come with, so exciting...

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 hardwenzen

Destroyed before its even out. The amount of money they gotta be paying big streamers to stream and shill this POS is gonna be real something.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 WitIsWisdom  Online
Member since 2007 • 9544 Posts

We haven't seen enough yet, but I will play it either way. Will it be good? Who knows. Is the name stupid? Yes.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 R4gn4r0k  Online

@hardwenzen said:

Destroyed before its even out. The amount of money they gotta be paying big streamers to stream and shill this POS is gonna be real something.

agreed, it makes me wonder how there's not enough money to be made in singleplayer stealth games, but these companies can spend all the money in the world to get disasters like these on tracks.

It makes me wonder how the AAA industry even stays afloat. With their income being soley from unsustainable business practices like extorting whales.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 VFighter

@ghosts4ever: Because you have zero gaming skills. It meets all of your immersive sim requirements...aka it's a FPS.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Ghosts4ever

@vfighter said:

@ghosts4ever: Because you have zero gaming skills. It meets all of your immersive sim requirements...aka it's a FPS.

lol talk about immersive sim I have been playing them long ago from Deus Ex and System shock 2 time. they were immersive sim.

this is generic MP shooter F2P.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 R4gn4r0k  Online

I love how Ubisoft claims how diverse their team is everytime they work on a new game.

Yet they don't seem to know the first thing about diversity. All of their games are the 👏exact 👏same 👏game.

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

@R4gn4r0k:

The only person who has made me spend money I didn't want to is the missus lol

Devs know pay to win is a big no no

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 VFighter

@ghosts4ever: Under your own definition this is also an immersive sim. Maybe if you stopped misusing that term so much things like this wouldn't happen.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 hardwenzen

Love to see it

Loading Video...
AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3221 Posts

God damn it Ubisoft stop using Tom Clancy's name in everything.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#41 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

Like most free-to-play games, I won't bother. I am not upset by this. If anything this is kind of what loudmouth consumer advocates wanted. Instead of plaguing full priced AAA games with heavy handed monetization built into it, make it a F2P game... and they did that.

Anyhow, they should have followed the Apex Legends model, dumped this onto the market before the internet tears it apart, and that worked for Apex Legends.