Tilt confirmed for 360??

• 85 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FullMetal22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 FullMetal22
Member since 2004 • 211 Posts
Funny how MS fans were previously saying HDMI, Motion Sensing, and a big hard drive were all over-rated.  Now the precious PS elite...oops I mean xbox elite is getting all that.
HeHateMe_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 HeHateMe_basic
Member since 2002 • 7161 Posts
i wont use that crap, tilt is for softcore gamers.
project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 project343
Member since 2005 • 14106 Posts
Meh. Motion sensing is heavily overrated, and will remain as such until Nintendo can prove to me that my Wii has more then just awkwardly controlling Gamecube games, and mini-game collections to offer. I haven't had enough experience with the PS3 to judge it accordingly.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
i wont use that crap, tilt is for softcore gamers.HeHateMe_basic
Hahahaha. Softcore gamers. Priceless.
CJL13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#55 CJL13
Member since 2005 • 19137 Posts

Did anyone even READ the article?

First of all, check out the primary source.  http://www.adamthole.com/?cat=5

Second, Microsoft has absolutely nothing to do with this thing.  Some kid made it and he's partnering with a third party manufacturer to make these.  They haven't even been approved by Microsoft at all, let alone being produced by them. 

ReverieDLM

Well if Microsoft doesn't allow it that'll be the end of that saga. But if MS does approve it and the project catches on...

TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#56 TheSystemLord1
Member since 2006 • 7786 Posts

[QUOTE="HeHateMe_basic"]i wont use that crap, tilt is for softcore gamers.Jandurin

lmfao, softcore gamers don't play anything that PENETRATES their mind.

dumfart66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 dumfart66
Member since 2005 • 295 Posts
[QUOTE="dumfart66"][QUOTE="Rob2223"]

[QUOTE="X_CAPCOM_X"]Wow, Microsoft is shoving a whole new $480 dollar console in 360 owners' faces, and now they are telling the 360 owners that they will have to buy new controllers too? I just hope the price of the premium drops.def_mode

MS is making some very stupid mistakes.

and making tilt controllers after 10 million own the console is one of them.

You mean by giving the people who use the 360 different choices? Yes, microsoft is stupid, damn them for giving me a choice. Why can't they just be like sony and TELL me what i want.

u dont get the point, choices are indeed good but too much choices confuses the consumers, maybe not you but other people.

it does confuse casuals, but not gamers.  Also, casuals are the ones who want the choices.  Microsoft is smart for making choices, just like their is many choices for pc gaming their are many for the 360 

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#58 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9556 Posts

[QUOTE="X_CAPCOM_X"]Wow, Microsoft is shoving a whole new $480 dollar console in 360 owners' faces, and now they are telling the 360 owners that they will have to buy new controllers too? I just hope the price of the premium drops.-Spock-

I don't see it being any different from taking away the luxury of a $500 PS3 model and now telling PS3 owners that rumble is coming back (which they'll likely actually want and need to pay for).

At least I already own a PS3, and Sony is not selling a console that is better than the one I have. It does annoy me that I'll have to get another controller, but I'm happy about the 360 coming about because the price of the premium may drop, and tilt would probably come standard if Microsoft approved. For those who already own a 360, their console will need some upgrades if Microsoft approves tilt.
Viviath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59 Viviath
Member since 2005 • 2795 Posts

[QUOTE="dumfart66"][QUOTE="elementz28"]

[QUOTE="D0013ER"]Damn, the Xbox 369 is out already??CrazyKilljoy117

my mistake..lol..but damn microsoft is yet upgrading their controllers now..they copyin sony..i cant believe it.. why would microsoft think about puttin out the wanna be elite system to compete against sony top notch elite PS3..i feel bad for lemmings

sorry to burst your fanboy bubble, but microsoft used motion sensing for a pc controller way before nintendo or sony, it was not as advanced obviously but they did it. Not to mention if microsoft was copying ANYONE it would be nintendo, not sony.

Yes. Here is the controller with motion sensing made by M$.

looks like a nasty rip off of the late-life sega genesis controllers that had A,B,C,X,Y,Z buttons.
ReverieDLM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 ReverieDLM
Member since 2004 • 1891 Posts
[QUOTE="ReverieDLM"]

Second, Microsoft has absolutely nothing to do with this thing.  Some kid made it and he's partnering with a third party manufacturer to make these.  They haven't even been approved by Microsoft at all, let alone being produced by them. 

CJL13

Well if Microsoft doesn't allow it that'll be the end of that saga. But if MS does approve it and the project catches on...

Please provide a single instance of a third party peripheral that was not game-specific (eg. DDR dance pads or Guitar Hero controllers) that has ever "caught on"?  These things are almost always garbage, which steers pretty much everybody away.  There's no channel for mass marketting of that sort of thing, so there's zero chance of any real success.

def_mode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 def_mode
Member since 2005 • 4237 Posts
[QUOTE="def_mode"][QUOTE="dumfart66"][QUOTE="Rob2223"]

[QUOTE="X_CAPCOM_X"]Wow, Microsoft is shoving a whole new $480 dollar console in 360 owners' faces, and now they are telling the 360 owners that they will have to buy new controllers too? I just hope the price of the premium drops.dumfart66

MS is making some very stupid mistakes.

and making tilt controllers after 10 million own the console is one of them.

You mean by giving the people who use the 360 different choices? Yes, microsoft is stupid, damn them for giving me a choice. Why can't they just be like sony and TELL me what i want.

u dont get the point, choices are indeed good but too much choices confuses the consumers, maybe not you but other people.

it does confuse casuals, but not gamers.  Also, casuals are the ones who want the choices.  Microsoft is smart for making choices, just like their is many choices for pc gaming their are many for the 360 

ROFL! PC have so many third parties. and ofcourse it will have options. 360 has only one and thats MS with tons of options.

Now what will the people who are interested in tilt that have bought wireless controllers gonna do? when they could have it 10 dollars more?

it confuses people.

OhhSnap50893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#62 OhhSnap50893
Member since 2006 • 27110 Posts
If you look closely at the video, the controller never actually turns on. He's watching a replay.
HeHateMe_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 HeHateMe_basic
Member since 2002 • 7161 Posts

[QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="HeHateMe_basic"]i wont use that crap, tilt is for softcore gamers.TheSystemLord1

hardcore gamers wouldnt use such a remote in a heated battle.

those guys that play for money would break a wii remote if you showed it to them while playing halo 2.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
[QUOTE="TheSystemLord1"]

[QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="HeHateMe_basic"]i wont use that crap, tilt is for softcore gamers.HeHateMe_basic

hardcore gamers wouldnt use such a remote in a heated battle.

those guys that play for money would break a wii remote if you showed it to them while playing halo 2.

Unless you are one, I don't think you should speak for "them". Even if you are one, in fact.
Avatar image for llidianStormage
llidianStormage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 llidianStormage
Member since 2007 • 269 Posts
microsoft = lame
elementz28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 elementz28
Member since 2007 • 1829 Posts

[QUOTE="X_CAPCOM_X"]Wow, Microsoft is shoving a whole new $480 dollar console in 360 owners' faces, and now they are telling the 360 owners that they will have to buy new controllers too? I just hope the price of the premium drops.-Spock-

I don't see it being any different from taking away the luxury of a $500 PS3 model and now telling PS3 owners that rumble is coming back (which they'll likely actually want and need to pay for).

The 20gb version wasnt selling as good as the 60gb PS3.And sony just made up with immerision like a month ago and i wouldnt mind buyin the new controllers if they decided to put rumble back...i would pay the extra 100  for a better hardware and overall better HD system..The xbox360 doesnt even support HDMI 1.3. Here is the specs for it.

http://www.avrev.com/news/0706/06.hdmi13.shtml

nobeaner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#67 nobeaner
Member since 2004 • 1472 Posts
Cool!  Can't wait to see how its gonna be utilized in the future.  Maybe I'll pick one up then.
gnutux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#68 gnutux
Member since 2005 • 1341 Posts
I don't know why I would need tilt ... I'm already having trouble with the SIXAXIS when playing a PS3. gnutux
Avatar image for CaptainLunchbox
CaptainLunchbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#69 CaptainLunchbox
Member since 2003 • 777 Posts
#$&^ tilt. It's THE STUPIDEST industry trend. We gonna get 3D glasses with every game now?
Raidea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Raidea
Member since 2006 • 4366 Posts

You don't have to, you'll just have to miss the games that utilize tilt.X_CAPCOM_X

Its not a standard like the PS3 and Wii controllers, the tilt in games will be optional. To fly a plane or drive a car.

I still don't understand why people think this is a Microsoft move, doesn't the link say the controllers are being made by a third party?

MCGSMB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 MCGSMB
Member since 2007 • 2149 Posts
So we get tilt AND rumble. AWESOME
waynehead895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 waynehead895
Member since 2005 • 18660 Posts
Is M$ behind this. I get the feeling they are not.
drewtwo99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#73 drewtwo99
Member since 2005 • 9156 Posts
Microsoft innovates video gaming once again!
Raidea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Raidea
Member since 2006 • 4366 Posts

Is M$ behind this. I get the feeling they are not.waynehead895

It doesn't look like it from the link. Just looks like a lot of people jumping to conclusions.

-Spock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 -Spock-
Member since 2006 • 7072 Posts
[QUOTE="-Spock-"]

[QUOTE="X_CAPCOM_X"]Wow, Microsoft is shoving a whole new $480 dollar console in 360 owners' faces, and now they are telling the 360 owners that they will have to buy new controllers too? I just hope the price of the premium drops.elementz28

The 20gb version wasnt selling as good as the 60gb PS3.And sony just made up with immerision like a month ago and i wouldnt mind buyin the new controllers if they decided to put rumble back...i would pay the extra 100  for a better hardware and overall better HD system..The xbox360 doesnt even support HDMI 1.3. Here is the specs for it.

http://www.avrev.com/news/0706/06.hdmi13.shtml

Please, try to understand the 360 hardware first.

From Wikipedia: 

HDMI 1.3

• Increases single-link bandwidth to 340 MHz (10.2 Gbps)
  • Optionally supports 30-bit, 36-bit, and 48-bit xvYCC with Deep Color or over one billion colors, up from 24-bit sRGB or YCbCr in previous versions.
  • Incorporates automatic audio syncing (lip sync) capability.
  • Supports output of Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio streams for external decoding by AV receivers. TrueHD and DTS-HD are lossless audio codec formats used on HD DVDs and Blu-ray Discs. If the disc player can decode these streams into uncompressed audio, then HDMI 1.3 is not necessary, as all versions of HDMI can transport uncompressed audio.
  • Availability of a new mini connector for devices such as camcorders.

The Xbox 360's ability to decode such a thing, as underlined above, elimiates the need for HDMI 1.3. HDMI 1.2 is all that is needed from a technical standpoint.

mirlegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 mirlegend
Member since 2002 • 6737 Posts

sweet i hope this makes it out in time for halo 3. oh and fo those who are saying ms copied sony, they didnt. ms had a similer controller out on the pc a few years ago, and for those saying its milkage you might want to remember that sony is also releasing a new controller that comes with rumble so i guess there milking aswell arnt they :)

final note. the video on the site is of someone who claimed to make his own homebrew tilt controller and it seems the company that will be making it is 3rd party not microsoft.

nobeaner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#77 nobeaner
Member since 2004 • 1472 Posts

Completely agree. Once again the cows have owned themselves. Bashing M$ for something they really wanted to bash Sony for doing but their mouths were full of cud from having to eat the cost of their console.
CJL13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 CJL13
[QUOTE="CJL13"][QUOTE="ReverieDLM"]

ReverieDLM

Please provide a single instance of a third party peripheral that was not game-specific (eg. DDR dance pads or Guitar Hero controllers) that has ever "caught on"?  These things are almost always garbage, which steers pretty much everybody away.  There's no channel for mass marketting of that sort of thing, so there's zero chance of any real success.

There hasn't been, but people seem the love the Wii for its motion sensing. Microsoft could get some customers putting motion sensing in.

def_mode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 def_mode

so MS copied Tilt, no ownage there? lots of lemmings here really.

but when Sony copies something its like "OMGPS3SUCKCOPYEVERYTHINGMSHASOMG" its like SW is gonna crash.

mouldy133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 mouldy133
Member since 2005 • 254 Posts
periferals caan't work out well.kittykatz5k
eyetoy for ps2 worked well enough
RevenMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 RevenMan
Member since 2005 • 462 Posts
I don't understand what's so cool about motion sensing, it dosen't do anything for me but i guess some people like it so im not against it as long as it isn't needed to buy a new controller or anything. But i guess it will be a "choice" upgrade like the bigger hdd and hd-dvd, thats fine as long as ms dosent shove it down my throat.
mirlegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 mirlegend

but when Sony copies something its like "OMGPS3SUCKCOPYEVERYTHINGMSHASOMG" its like SW is gonna crash.

def_mode
thy didnt copy anyone.
FullMetal22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 FullMetal22
Member since 2004 • 211 Posts

Better hope MadCatz doesn't get involved.

def_mode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 def_mode
[QUOTE="def_mode"]

mirlegend

thy didnt copy anyone.

obviously its not copying...we are in a place so many lemmings here.

mirlegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 mirlegend
[QUOTE="mirlegend"][QUOTE="def_mode"]

def_mode

thy didnt copy anyone.

huh?
CJL13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 CJL13
[QUOTE="mirlegend"][QUOTE="def_mode"]

def_mode

thy didnt copy anyone.

A third party company made it, not Microsoft.