This month is great for PC gamers

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

shadow_hosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 shadow_hosi
Member since 2006 • 9543 Posts

First Spore came out, and i dont know about you guys, but I feel it was underscored a bit, i have played up to space stage 6 times, and i have one game kinda far in space, working on a few others and it just dosent get old. i wish they had done more with the cell/tribal stages but the rest of it is great.

And if that wasnt good enough, coming this tuesday (the 16th) we get 2 more awesome games, firstly, the first expantion for Crysis, Warhead, whe get to see what Psycho was doing when he ditched you at the docks, cant wait to get my hands on this :) the multiplayer is supposed to be better too :D

Next is Warhammer Online, and I cant wait for this :) After being in the closed beta i am hyped for this game it dosent play like any other MMO out there, huge PVP focus but still plenty of 'story' and lore to go about finding, it is by far the best MMO i have ever played/heard of.

if that isnt good enough we have, in short order, more games coming out! L4D, Stalker:clear sky, FC2, worldshift (cant wait to get it in enghish :) i have it in german and cant understand anything, its kinda hard to play not knowing anything), WoW Litch king, CoD:WW

oh dang, stalker comes out on monday.....To many games :(

that being said, it is also good to be console gamers, with Gears 2 (some peopel like it i guess), Spore console versions i think are set to be out soon, LBP, the x360 version of L4D, ect.

with the lineups for this fall, this year is set to be another one for the best years on record, in like with 98' and 07'

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!

Avatar image for organic_machine
organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 organic_machine
Member since 2004 • 10143 Posts
I just can't wait to play my Clear Sky.
PC360Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 PC360Wii
Member since 2007 • 4658 Posts

I wouldnt say Warhammer doesnt play like any other... the gameplay itself is identical to most MMO's on the market, however in terms of its progress mechanics, then yes, only DoAC comes close to its design.

And tbh, the combat pace/style/effects/abilities are flat out worse than WoW's , thats not to say I dont enjoy it, Early Access starts tmrow morning cant wait ;). But I got a feeling WOTLK is going to brush it aside.

And yea, this is an awesome time for PC, its too bad SPORE and STALKER will appear average due to scores.

shadow_hosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 shadow_hosi
exactly pc360wii, Spore and Stalker are both very underapreciated games :( too bad, oh well. Just because the game didnt get AAAA dosent mean its not a prime game
shadow_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 shadow_702
Member since 2003 • 788 Posts
Spore and Stalker I don't know if I really want to buy them I think I'll just "try" them out. I'll definently be picking up Crysis Warhead though.
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts
can't wai till stalker and crysis warhead come out, pre purchsed them on steam.
Oroin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Oroin
Member since 2006 • 3041 Posts
Question about Warhammer, how much you have to pay-to-play? Main reason why I don't play Wow. I'm very cheap,:P when I pay a game once, that should be the end of it.
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

Yep. Already picked up Spore, Mercs 2, and Stalker Clear Sky this month. Currently playing through them all.

Picking up Crysis Warhead next week. Already got it paid off. :)

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts
the english version of King's Bounty (after playing the demo... it will likely be my GOTY) is coming out on Sep 23
shadow_hosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 shadow_hosi
whats king's bounty? i havent heard of it
Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Juggernaut140
Member since 2007 • 36011 Posts

whats king's bounty? i havent heard of itshadow_hosi

I would like to know too.

iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
seems nice. i think the only upcoming game is fable 2 for xbox 360. i kind of want to save my money because i barely beat any of them. i need to fix my video card fan.
TenP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 TenP
Member since 2006 • 3338 Posts

I'm in the Warhammer Beta, and I must say... I'm impressed.

After finishing WoW last year I figured I'd never have fun in an MMO again, and although I know nothing of the backstory in Warhammer it's fun as hell.

Lidve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Lidve
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts

Strange thing is that Warcraft artist were inspired by Warhammer action figures and such.

Thats why you see simillar artstyle

And its really great time to play on your PC

Frozzik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Frozzik
Member since 2006 • 3914 Posts
its going to be a hard time for married PC gamers imo. I already spent a fortune last couple of weeks on games. Got spore, got clear skies and a few other games too. Don't even have the time to play these. Only played clear skies for about an hour so far, hard as hell.
Velocitas8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Velocitas8
Member since 2006 • 10748 Posts

And tbh, the combat pace/style/effects/abilities are flat out worse than WoW's.PC360Wii

No way..definitely gonna have to disagree there.

The PvP combat itself in Warhammer Online is much more exciting than anything I experienced in World of Warcraft. It's a little slower, and players do quite a bit less damage relative to player health pools, but it makes for a more strategic feel to combat, putting far more emphasis on things like target selection for debuffs/kill prioritization. This also makes typical zerg tactics (like you often see in World of Warcraft) very ineffective. I've held points in scenarios against groups of 10 Destruction players with just 3-4 Order, because our opponents weren't choosing good targets.

When both sides are fighting effectively and players are working together properly (not very common in Open Beta for obvious reasons), it makes for some VERY fun battles.

The only thing I will agree on: the spell effects are pretty mediocre.

But I got a feeling WOTLK is going to brush it aside.PC360Wii

Doubtful. At very least, I know I'm not at all interested. Since the games are quite different, you probably won't see any significant number of players move from WAR to WOTLK. Just like you aren't seeing any huge number of people move from World of Warcraft to Warhammer Online.

If you like PvE, you're going to play World of Warcraft. If you like competetive PvP, you're going to play Warhammer.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

Clear Sky is awesome.

Just make sure you get the latest patch.

Warhead looks fantastic, cant wait to get my hands on it.

Spore looks fun and interesting, looking foward to buying it.

WAR looks cool - plenty of friends rave about it.

Personally im looking foward to also buying Mercenaries 2 - as I am a huge fan of the first.

svetzenlether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 svetzenlether
Member since 2003 • 3082 Posts
I'm looking forward to the updated Witcher myself. I purposely haven't gotten that game yet because of it.
shadow_hosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 shadow_hosi

Strange thing is that Warcraft artist were inspired by Warhammer action figures and such.

Thats why you see simillar artstyle

And its really great time to play on your PC

Lidve

actually, warcraft was origionally going to be a warhammer game, but it got dropped and bliz. took it and made it their own thing, there were a few law suits over it too

shadow_hosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 shadow_hosi

I'm looking forward to the updated Witcher myself. I purposely haven't gotten that game yet because of it.svetzenlether

if you baught the old version you get a free update with all the new stuff

PC360Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 PC360Wii
Member since 2007 • 4658 Posts

[QUOTE="PC360Wii"]And tbh, the combat pace/style/effects/abilities are flat out worse than WoW's.Velocitas8

The PvP combat itself in Warhammer Online is much more exciting than anything I experienced in World of Warcraft. It's a little slower, and players do quite a bit less damage relative to player health pools, but it makes for a more strategic feel to combat, putting far more emphasis on things like target selection for debuffs/kill prioritization. This also makes typical zerg tactics (like you often see in World of Warcraft) very ineffective. I've held points in scenarios against groups of 10 Destruction players with just 3-4 Order, because our opponents weren't choosing good targets.

When both sides are fighting effectively and players are working together properly (not very common in Open Beta for obvious reasons), it makes for some VERY fun battles.

Doubtful. At very least, I know I'm not at all interested. Since the games are quite different, you probably won't see any significant number of players move from WAR to WOTLK. Just like you aren't seeing any huge number of people move from World of Warcraft to Warhammer Online.

If you like PvE, you're going to play World of Warcraft. If you like competetive PvP, you're going to play Warhammer.

That was my preference, not what I thought other people would do ;o

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
Does anyone have Stalker Clear Sky yet? How is it? I don't know whether i should skip it or not, after all the performance issues of SoC.
Velocitas8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Velocitas8
Member since 2006 • 10748 Posts

That was my preference, not what I thought other people would do ;o PC360Wii

Oh :P

shadow_hosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 shadow_hosi
i didnt have much trouble running SoC, i didnt get very far TBH, but i enjoyed it and it was mostly glitch-free from what i could tell, well within acceptable levels anywayl
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 skrat_01

Does anyone have Stalker Clear Sky yet? How is it? I don't know whether i should skip it or not, after all the performance issues of SoC.AAllxxjjnn
Got it on the 4th.

Great game, though it was buggy to the extent where I could not play it for 5 days without it corrupting saves and crashing (Just like with SoC).

Now that the new patch has come out it runs just fine (even though I had to start a new game), and I have had only one corrupted autosave crash, in about 4 hours of gameplay.

The bugs are inexcusable, but the game is awesome. Everything STALKER is but even better. Glad I bought it, even if I had to wait 5 days to play it.

naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts

First Spore came out, and i dont know about you guys, but I feel it was underscored a bit, i have played up to space stage 6 times, and i have one game kinda far in space, working on a few others and it just dosent get old. i wish they had done more with the cell/tribal stages but the rest of it is great.

And if that wasnt good enough, coming this tuesday (the 16th) we get 2 more awesome games, firstly, the first expantion for Crysis, Warhead, whe get to see what Psycho was doing when he ditched you at the docks, cant wait to get my hands on this :) the multiplayer is supposed to be better too :D

Next is Warhammer Online, and I cant wait for this :) After being in the closed beta i am hyped for this game it dosent play like any other MMO out there, huge PVP focus but still plenty of 'story' and lore to go about finding, it is by far the best MMO i have ever played/heard of.

if that isnt good enough we have, in short order, more games coming out! L4D, Stalker:clear sky, FC2, worldshift (cant wait to get it in enghish :) i have it in german and cant understand anything, its kinda hard to play not knowing anything), WoW Litch king, CoD:WW

oh dang, stalker comes out on monday.....To many games :(

that being said, it is also good to be console gamers, with Gears 2 (some peopel like it i guess), Spore console versions i think are set to be out soon, LBP, the x360 version of L4D, ect.

with the lineups for this fall, this year is set to be another one for the best years on record, in like with 98' and 07'

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!

shadow_hosi

yes it's going to be awesome mont ... also witcher enhanced version and multiwinia is also coming out and you missed my most hyped game - king's bounty the legen ,it goign to be awesome

naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 naval

the english version of King's Bounty (after playing the demo... it will likely be my GOTY) is coming out on Sep 23AdrianWerner

there is a demo out ? english or russian ? also , good to hear that this game turning out nicely, i really can't wait for this game, soooo charming graphics and fairytale world and interesting combat, it is my most hyped game (along with NWN 2 : SoZ )for this year

Shafftehr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Shafftehr
Member since 2008 • 2889 Posts
Left out the one game I'm really gung-ho for, Civ IV: Colonization.
naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 naval

[QUOTE="shadow_hosi"]whats king's bounty? i havent heard of itJuggernaut140

it's a turned based strategy rpg - with nice strategic battle. It's russian version has got really good reviews - http://www.kings-bounty.com/eng/

naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 naval

Left out the one game I'm really gung-ho for, Civ IV: Colonization.Shafftehr

oh yeah, that is also coming out this month, too many games to buy

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts

I want to get into Stalker games, but I dont know if I have the nerve to.

BK-Sleeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#32 BK-Sleeper
Member since 2006 • 2686 Posts
I'm expecting CoD:WW to flop in comparison to COD4.
shadow_hosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 shadow_hosi

Left out the one game I'm really gung-ho for, Civ IV: Colonization.Shafftehr

it is!!! why hasent steam told me about this!!! heads will woll!!!

[QUOTE="Juggernaut140"]

[QUOTE="shadow_hosi"]whats king's bounty? i havent heard of itnaval

it's a turned based strategy rpg - with nice strategic battle. It's russian version has got really good reviews - http://www.kings-bounty.com/eng/

sweet :)

is this FFT turn based or like the dnd video games turn based?

naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 naval

[QUOTE="Shafftehr"]Left out the one game I'm really gung-ho for, Civ IV: Colonization.shadow_hosi

it is!!! why hasent steam told me about this!!! heads will woll!!!

[QUOTE="Juggernaut140"]

sweet :)

is this FFT turn based or like the dnd video games turn based?

I haven't tried the demo till now, but to me it looks to be something like a mix of FF (roaming part) + Heroes of Might and Magic (combat). In roaming part you roam in realtime and get quests etc and can buy creatures for your army and in combat it's like a heroes game if you have played any, which hopefully has some real strategic elements rather than simplistic combat of FF

vlin1108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 vlin1108
Member since 2007 • 1908 Posts
Another MMO, the flop of the year and a 5-hour long game? That's all?
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Another MMO, the flop of the year and a 5-hour long game? That's all?vlin1108

whats wroung with MMO's?

and Spore wasen't a Flop IMO:|

also crysis warhead so what? its five hours. COD4 was 6 hours but was still good. Crysis warhead will also come with better multyplayer and a new gamemode Crysis wars

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 skrat_01

And what do consoles get?

Rehash after rehash after rehash?

and one title thats primary feature is already years behind that on computers.

:?

vlin1108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 vlin1108
Member since 2007 • 1908 Posts

[QUOTE="vlin1108"]Another MMO, the flop of the year and a 5-hour long game? That's all?JangoWuzHere

whats wroung with MMO's?

also crysis warhead so what? its five hours. COD4 was 6 hours but was still good. Crysis warhead will also come with better multyplayer and a new gamemode Crysis wars

MMO's can't match the depth of a good single player game. Plus they've been copying Warcraft since it was released, following the game like the seven dwarves.

One day in the morning I drank spoiled milk. I was disappointed. Then I played Spore. Pretty sure I'm not the only one.

Crysis might be the best of all three; I might actually get it. I've heard the multiplayer in the original Crysis was awful though, full of hackers.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts
[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]

[QUOTE="vlin1108"]Another MMO, the flop of the year and a 5-hour long game? That's all?vlin1108

whats wroung with MMO's?

MMO's can't match the depth of a good single player game. Plus they've been copying Warcraft since it was released, following the game like the seven dwarves.

One day in the morning I drank spoiled milk. I was disappointed. Then I played Spore. Pretty sure I'm not the only one.

Crysis might be the best of all three; I might actually get it. I've heard the multiplayer in the original Crysis was awful though, full of hackers.

it dosen't have to and more or so it dosen't need to

MMO's are for playing online with others around the globe. Of coarse it isn't going to match a single player game in terms of design and graphics. The way its built is for interaction with other players. Just because you don't like MMO's dosen't mean everybody else does.

Benjamin19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 Benjamin19
Member since 2005 • 187 Posts
[QUOTE="Velocitas8"]

[QUOTE="PC360Wii"]And tbh, the combat pace/style/effects/abilities are flat out worse than WoW's.PC360Wii

That was my preference, not what I thought other people would do ;o

I'm pretty sure WOFLK is going to brush Warhammer away. WoW has the majority of any MMORPG-fan tapped, and I doubt Warhammer is gonna take those over. It could turn out like AoC though. A high member-number upon release, but afterwards everyone returned to WoW.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 skrat_01

I'm pretty sure WOFLK is going to brush Warhammer away. WoW has the majority of any MMORPG-fan tapped, and I doubt Warhammer is gonna take those over. It could turn out like AoC though. A high member-number upon release, but afterwards everyone returned to WoW.

Benjamin19
I think the problem with AoC seems to be longevity and broken bits. Two friends of mine who cancelled their AoC subs, after being incredibly exited for the game, did so because there just was nothing else to do that was fulfilling.
Both now are exited for WAR. Heh.
mr_mozilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 mr_mozilla
Member since 2006 • 2381 Posts
[QUOTE="Juggernaut140"]

Wow, it looks nice, a lot like HOMM. I wonder how I hadn't heard of it. I hope they don't botch up the translation or anything.
Arsuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Arsuz
Member since 2003 • 2318 Posts

I was just about to post what a peaceful little thread this was without any trolls until I saw your post. Great job on ruining it!

Pinkyimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#44 Pinkyimp
Member since 2006 • 3623 Posts

L4D, Warhead and Clear sky...

all i need for the rest of the year

Tykain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Tykain
Member since 2008 • 3887 Posts
I got Warhammer pre-ordered, i can't wait to play it. one of my most anticipated game for 2008.
6matt6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 6matt6
Member since 2005 • 9726 Posts
God Im going to be broke this year.
Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#47 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts
WOTLK, L4D, Warhead, Clear Sky...and then the multiplats (dead space etc) my god I think I'm going to have to work some overtime :)
Phenom316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Phenom316
Member since 2008 • 1650 Posts

WARHAMMER ONLINE

3 HOURS EXACTLY

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

But ontopic, yes, this month is amazing for PC gaming, especially the phenominal WAR :D

Some great games coming out the rest of this year.

Lol i hope on consoleite tries to compare lineups, cuz thatd be epic failure XD

naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 naval
[QUOTE="naval"][QUOTE="Juggernaut140"]

[QUOTE="shadow_hosi"]whats king's bounty? i havent heard of itmr_mozilla

Wow, it looks nice, a lot like HOMM. I wonder how I hadn't heard of it. I hope they don't botch up the translation or anything.

well they are releasing the english version of he game 5-6 months after the russian release, so hopefully translation should go well

McJugga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 McJugga
Member since 2007 • 9453 Posts
I am all for PC, but this year sucks.