This is what Sony should do to get back into shape...

• 76 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

biggerdjam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 biggerdjam
Member since 2011 • 372 Posts

"The only hope for recovery that I can foresee is an adaptation of the original Xbox launch philosophy: launch the PlayStation 4 at a massive hardware loss, have at least 1 super popular game at or very near launch and market it to the moon on every content vertical around. It's a Hail Mary, but Sony is at 4th down and 25 yards at this point; they need to take a big risk to get back into the game."-HEADHUNTER

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
Lol Internet experts.
JohnnyCageMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 JohnnyCageMK
Member since 2012 • 4365 Posts
Sony can't afford to take a loss. They are already bankrupt they just haven't filed yet.
RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

They should just keep making collections and HD versions of PS2 games, because cows seem to have no problem lapping up the same game over and over. Easy money.

platniumgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 platniumgamer
Member since 2011 • 3960 Posts

i've fallen and i can't get up.

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

They don't have the money to do that. If we're going to use football analogies, Sony is at 4th and 25 without a QB.

biggerdjam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 biggerdjam

They don't have the money to do that. If we're going to use football analogies, Sony is at 4th and 25 without a QB.

Phoenix534
lol true dat..
navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17458 Posts

Get to work Sony :P

pmo

spiderluck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 spiderluck
Member since 2012 • 2405 Posts
[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

biggerdjam
lol true dat..

Allright football analogies ...love those ...Ok so sony is 2nd and short and decide to punt...thereby avoiding all possibility of 3rd down failure...This occurs after their much ballyhooed Vita playbook fails miserably in the first quarter......Am I doing this right??
clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

Sony doesn't need to do anything other than release before or at the same time as Xbox and keep it priced within $100 of the next Xbox and make it a kick butt system. Sony's last mistakes were 1. Releasing it a year later 2. Pricing it too high and 3. Making so the Devs had to take too long to understand how to make multiplats the same quality.

MSXBOX4EVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MSXBOX4EVER
Member since 2012 • 604 Posts

"The only hope for recovery that I can foresee is an adaptation of the original Xbox launch philosophy: launch the PlayStation 4 at a massive hardware loss, have at least 1 super popular game at or very near launch and market it to the moon on every content vertical around. It's a Hail Mary, but Sony is at 4th down and 25 yards at this point; they need to take a big risk to get back into the game."-HEADHUNTER

biggerdjam
1 super popular game? How are Sony gonna get that many? lols
biggerdjam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 biggerdjam

Sony doesn't need to do anything other than release before or at the same time as Xbox and keep it priced within $100 of the next Xbox and make it a kick butt system. Sony's last mistakes were 1. Releasing it a year later 2. Pricing it too high and 3. Making so the Devs had to take too long to understand how to make multiplats the same quality.

clr84651
Forgot to mention other problems Sony is facing- 1. Releasing a handheld device being pointless compared against the iPhone and Android tablets/phones getting stronger every month 2.Sony's other divisions not being profitable
Avatar image for todd2r_Partdeux
todd2r_Partdeux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 todd2r_Partdeux
Member since 2012 • 762 Posts
Here's what they really need to do........quit.
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts
They need psn. They need to start charging for this, and offer premiums. Sony could have their very own movie/tv streaming. Cease the deal with Netflix, and only have Sony Pictures on the Playstation. $19.99/month. Sony Music? That's on Playstation, too.
white_wolf922

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 white_wolf922
Member since 2010 • 257 Posts

They need psn. They need to start charging for this, and offer premiums. Sony could have their very own movie/tv streaming. Cease the deal with Netflix, and only have Sony Pictures on the Playstation. $19.99/month. Sony Music? That's on Playstation, too.Heirren

Why would I pay $20 a month and only be able to watch movies from Sony when I could pay Netflix $8 a month and watch movies from every studio including Sony?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

[QUOTE="Heirren"]They need psn. They need to start charging for this, and offer premiums. Sony could have their very own movie/tv streaming. Cease the deal with Netflix, and only have Sony Pictures on the Playstation. $19.99/month. Sony Music? That's on Playstation, too.white_wolf922

Why would I pay $20 a month and only be able to watch movies from Sony when I could pay Netflix $8 a month and watch movies from every studio including Sony?

No, it'd be just like Netflix, but Netflix would no longer have the right to anything Sony.
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

they should just fold their cards and call it a decade...it was a good run

RIP sony 1996-2012

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
This is why ppl's "opinions" can be wrong (and stupid)
Lol Internet experts.clyde46
Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

Gears of War and Halo are really good games with really strong online multiplayers (which was like the biggest thing this gen) and that's why they became so popular. A series like Killzone no matter how much marketing is never going to become that huge because the games while good they simply aren't that great. The closest thing would be Uncharted but ND first needs to make a stronger multiplayer, be more original and stop copying Call of Duty so much.

The first time I played the multiplayer of Uncharted 2 I knew that ND created something special. This was the first time in my life I became obsessed with a shooter and most people on my friend list stopped playing COD and started playing more UC2 but then they had to ruin everything by trying to be COD with UC3. Now nobody plays UC3 multiplayer anymore and they all went back to COD again.

Another franchise with tons of potential is the GT series but PD doesn't care about making a game, they just care about making the cars look and feel realistic while Turn10 is taking advantage by making Forza feel less like a sim and more like a game while keeping the sim features like the real life tracks and cars but combining them them with stuff that people want. And what is that? What the Fast & the Furious movies popularized, theaerodynamic customizations, and the always popular online multiplayer.

If you only care about the racing itself then you buy GT but at the long run Forza will last you longer because of the features that makes it be more like a game and less like a sim.

Regardless of this the PS4 will be huge. Right now to me the PS3 is second to none and if they keep this strong support and continue it on the next console then they will have no rival.

godzillavskong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#20 godzillavskong
Member since 2007 • 7904 Posts
They can still get back in it and compete. Maybe not this gen but perhaps next. The only problem is the fact that they plan on sticking with the ps3 til 2015.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

So, some posters here really want Sony to just fold up and leave the game industry? I guess next you guys will want Nintendo out. Then all we would have is Microsoft and Apple, both Western-centric companies. Cut out all things Japanese in gaming huh? Gosh this forum is crawling with myopic xenophobes. :|

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 navyguy21

So, some posters here really want Sony to just fold up and leave the game industry? I guess next you guys will want Nintendo out. Then all we would have is Microsoft and Apple, both Western-centric companies. Cut out all things Japanese in gaming huh? Gosh this forum is crawling with myopic xenophobes. :|

Bigboi500
Posters like Shadowmoses are why people hate/dislike Sony/PS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

navyguy21

I don't think that is the case
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Bigboi500

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

navyguy21

Well that's no justification for hating companies and countries. There are plenty of hatable lemming trolls here too you know.

Avatar image for Raymundo_Manuel
Raymundo_Manuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Raymundo_Manuel
Member since 2010 • 4641 Posts

Bigboi500

Japanese games are already found on other systems than just Playstation and Nintendo, and I'm pretty certain that if Sony and Nintendo were gone that Japanese devs would still be making games.

godzillavskong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 godzillavskong

Bigboi500
While I prefer my 360, I still like my PS3, and would hate for them to exit the gaming market. The more companies in the mix the better. Keeps costs lower and the competition keeps the games at a higher level.
navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 navyguy21

[QUOTE="navyguy21"][QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

Bigboi500

Well that's no justification for hating companies and countries. There are plenty of hatable lemming trolls here too you know.

Completely agree, i was just responding to what you said. I dont think people want sony to fail honestly, they really just want Cows to shut up. The gaming industry as a whole recognizes cows as the worst. Maybe because there are more of them
Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#28 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12377 Posts
All they really need to do is launch at a competitive price with compelling software. $400 PS4 + Uncharted 4 at launch = done deal.
Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Wiimotefan
Member since 2010 • 4151 Posts

My proposal.

screenshot.png

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Bigboi500

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

godzillavskong

While I prefer my 360, I still like my PS3, and would hate for them to exit the gaming market. The more companies in the mix the better. Keeps costs lower and the competition keeps the games at a higher level.

True. If the Japanese were outright removed from Western gaming there would be no imagination and innovation would be cut to a crawl. It would be similar to EA owning the sole rights to NFL games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

My proposal.

screenshot.png

Wiimotefan
Follow Nintendo? They been doin that--it ain't working.
EzcapeTheFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 EzcapeTheFate
Member since 2010 • 1063 Posts
They are already on their way back, has no one heard of Wonder book?
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
So they need to release and faulty console that breaks all the time and charge for online? No thx I don't think the PS3 audience is as dumb as lemmings, certainly I hope they aren't. I won't personally buy a console in such a state.
EzcapeTheFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 EzcapeTheFate
So they need to release and faulty console that breaks all the time and charge for online? No thx I don't think the PS3 audience is as dumb as lemmings, certainly I hope they aren't. I won't personally buy a console in such a state.kuraimen
They will pay 600 bones for a console that has crap mutiplats with a horrible online service that goes down for days on end gives your credit card info and personal info away to who ever wants it. Ya, I would say cows are prettty stupid. :cool:
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 kuraimen
[QUOTE="kuraimen"]So they need to release and faulty console that breaks all the time and charge for online? No thx I don't think the PS3 audience is as dumb as lemmings, certainly I hope they aren't. I won't personally buy a console in such a state.EzcapeTheFate
They will pay 600 bones for a console that has crap mutiplats with a horrible online service that goes down for days on end gives your credit card info and personal info away to who ever wants it. Ya, I would say cows are prettty stupid. :cool:

Most affordable Bluray player at the time + a video game console + a media hub. Pretty good price and we had Sony's reputation to assure us that a constant stream of quality games would come our way and turns out they lived up to it! No credit card info was ever badly used unlike M$ which had many users getting charged for things they didn't buy and not even a massive hacking was needed for that just script kiddie level stuff. On top of that you pay $60 a year to rent part of games you already paid for, get bombarded by advertisement on top of that and no deal even comes in comparison to PSN+ deals. Yeah cows are not the ones getting shafted here lem lol.
EzcapeTheFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 EzcapeTheFate
[QUOTE="EzcapeTheFate"][QUOTE="kuraimen"]So they need to release and faulty console that breaks all the time and charge for online? No thx I don't think the PS3 audience is as dumb as lemmings, certainly I hope they aren't. I won't personally buy a console in such a state.kuraimen

Most affordable Bluray player at the time + a video game console + a media hub. Pretty good price and we had Sony's reputation to assure us that a constant stream of quality games would come our way and turns out they lived up to it! No credit card info was ever badly used unlike M$ which had many users getting charged for things they didn't buy and not even a massive hacking was needed for that just script kiddie level stuff. On top of that you pay $60 a year to rent part of games you already paid for, get bombarded by advertisement on top of that and no deal even comes in comparison to PSN+ deals. Yeah cows are not the ones getting shafted here lem lol.

First the blu ray is the cheapest out there. They blu ray drive failed on mine after 4 months of minimum use. Second how am I renting games for 60 bucks a year? You are one of the most misinformed persons I have every met.
godzillavskong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 godzillavskong
[QUOTE="EzcapeTheFate"][QUOTE="kuraimen"]So they need to release and faulty console that breaks all the time and charge for online? No thx I don't think the PS3 audience is as dumb as lemmings, certainly I hope they aren't. I won't personally buy a console in such a state.kuraimen

As far as the hacking goes I think both have been hacked equally. PSN has been down more. Both have great deals and as far as your statement about being bombarded with advertisements, you're sorta right. Xbox Live has a little too many adds for my liking, but when compared to the boring, plain look of the PSN dashboard, Xbox Live's dashboard is still more appealing. At least to me anyways. Maybe its because they're the more popular service and companies know this, therefore they're going after it. I would like for Microsoft to thin out the ads, or at least lower the price if they are gonna continue to place them throughout the dashboard.
godzillavskong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 godzillavskong
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="EzcapeTheFate"] They will pay 600 bones for a console that has crap mutiplats with a horrible online service that goes down for days on end gives your credit card info and personal info away to who ever wants it. Ya, I would say cows are prettty stupid. :cool:EzcapeTheFate

First the blu ray is the cheapest out there. They blu ray drive failed on mine after 4 months of minimum use. Second how am I renting games for 60 bucks a year? You are one of the most misinformed persons I have every met.

I try not to watch that many blurays on mine, simply for that reason . I have a Samsung Bluray player and a LG Bluray Home theater system that I watch my movies on. PS3 is strictly for gaming for me.
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#39 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

there are some problems i see here with that philosophy

1 xbox was new at the time it had to risk ,

sony on the other hand has been here for 3 gens so far , they should have known not to release at 600 dollars a pop,

2 sony has alot of exclusives numbnuts the problem is they hardly sell even when marketed , ive seen alot of vita ads on my tv lately , and madden is not going to sell that and neither is uncharted or lbp2 ,

3 sony needs to get vita afloat before venturing back into a new console if they do not then vey well then see ya when theres no ps around

shadiezz2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 shadiezz2012
Member since 2012 • 2474 Posts

sony on the other hand has been here for 3 gens so far , they should have known not to release at 600 dollars a pop,

2 sony has alot of exclusives numbnuts the problem is they hardly sell even when marketed , ive seen alot of vita ads on my tv lately , and madden is not going to sell that and neither is uncharted or lbp2 ,

3 sony needs to get vita afloat before venturing back into a new console if they do not then vey well then see ya when theres no ps around

mariokart64fan
where the hell do you guys get that sony exclusives don't sell ??? plz no one tell me vgchartez because even on that lame site sony exclusives sell from 2-8m
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 kuraimen
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="EzcapeTheFate"] They will pay 600 bones for a console that has crap mutiplats with a horrible online service that goes down for days on end gives your credit card info and personal info away to who ever wants it. Ya, I would say cows are prettty stupid. :cool:EzcapeTheFate

So? the 360 was cheaper as whole consider 60% of them broke down within the first couple of years. And I've never had a problem with my Bluray player on the PS3.
Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

Sony would have already outlined a plan to turn things around, they are already selling some of their unwanted stuff, and have acquired some things for the future such as Gaikai, EMI music label, joint development with Panasonic on OLED TVs and acquired Sony Ericsson.

You can't expect things to turn around over night, they can't just cancel every product on the market and replace it. The PS4 could be a huge success, no one really knows what they are planning on the gaming front.

DISSESHOWEDO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 DISSESHOWEDO
Member since 2010 • 1775 Posts

So many experts here, that i'm amazed ! Don't worry all (sheeps/hermits, etc) Sony will be back next generation with a beast console and huge amaount of quality exclusives !

And to the person who said the Vita is not needed because of smarphones/iphone(:lol: ) check this out !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=BgMWVdpCdSc

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts
[QUOTE="mariokart64fan"]

shadiezz2012
where the hell do you guys get that sony exclusives don't sell ??? plz no one tell me vgchartez because even on that lame site sony exclusives sell from 2-8m

There was a thread here not too long ago that debunked this myth, using real developer/Sony announced sales. They sell pretty well.
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#45 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

biggerdjam

The company would die if they did that.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts
We all know PS4 is a go, lock and loaded. Its going to be like dipping your feet in water and grabbing the back of your tv, feeling the gigawatt of Sony awesomeness through your veins. It will offer a barn bursting amount of world class, high scoring exclusives, just the PS3. Thank you Sony.
shadiezz2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#47 shadiezz2012
Member since 2012 • 2474 Posts
[QUOTE="shadiezz2012"][QUOTE="mariokart64fan"]

APiranhaAteMyVa

There was a thread here not too long ago that debunked this myth, using real developer/Sony announced sales. They sell pretty well.

then why lems still live in the lala land where ps3 exclusives don't sell ???
EzcapeTheFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 EzcapeTheFate
[QUOTE="EzcapeTheFate"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] Most affordable Bluray player at the time + a video game console + a media hub. Pretty good price and we had Sony's reputation to assure us that a constant stream of quality games would come our way and turns out they lived up to it! No credit card info was ever badly used unlike M$ which had many users getting charged for things they didn't buy and not even a massive hacking was needed for that just script kiddie level stuff. On top of that you pay $60 a year to rent part of games you already paid for, get bombarded by advertisement on top of that and no deal even comes in comparison to PSN+ deals. Yeah cows are not the ones getting shafted here lem lol.kuraimen

So? the 360 was cheaper as whole consider 60% of them broke down within the first couple of years. And I've never had a problem with my Bluray player on the PS3.

Thats because you dont own a ps3.
EzcapeTheFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 EzcapeTheFate
We all know PS4 is a go, lock and loaded. Its going to be like dipping your feet in water and grabbing the back of your tv, feeling the gigawatt of Sony awesomeness through your veins. It will offer a barn bursting amount of world class, high scoring exclusives, just the PS3. Thank you Sony. Heil68
godzillavskong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 godzillavskong
We all know PS4 is a go, lock and loaded. Its going to be like dipping your feet in water and grabbing the back of your tv, feeling the gigawatt of Sony awesomeness through your veins. It will offer a barn bursting amount of world class, high scoring exclusives, just the PS3. Thank you Sony. Heil68
Not this again! Oh, it's the wait and see format.