This is Ironic think Windows live will help PC gaming more than hurt

This topic is locked from further discussion.

peacebringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 0

#1 peacebringer
Member since 2006 • 3371 Posts
Most of you already heard about Xbox live coming to PC , at first you might think pay to play on my PC how stupid. well thats what i said , until i remember when i had Halo 2 and Xbox live and it worked pretty good not better than free but compared to Sonys network, Xbox justr seems to have to user base who wants to play online games. I can only assume those complaing about it don't have 360 and probally never tried Xbox live. heres the thing Xbox live although not better than PC Online, does have 2 strong point for computer gaming.

1 Real servers running the game Retail ****for stat tracking. When you play a game like CS or HL 2 on PC you may go in a server and when you jump you now fly. or theres cars now. Just little code mods the host tinkers with. Xbox 360 games you can't mod so all servers would be running the same game so you can't mod the file you it won't let you in the game. So if us PC users have to play against console users we would need the same exact game they do (wich is not modded.) so PC Live would create a more competitive atmosphere. Did you read how it's still free to play online? and if your a PC owner comon $50 for 1 year? If your not gonna play any Xbox 360 games on your PC ofcourse don't get it thats a no brainer. I really not gonna get a Gold membership till i see more games that can play on PC. Gears of War for example. if this makes it on PC how long before a mod for more than 4 player deathmatch?

2nd strong point
Voice comunication. i would love to play game where everyone had a mic. World of Warcraft for example or any FPS.it is a cool function that not alot of PC games have.

PC doesn't have last gen or next gen it's Current gen always. this means there will always be a user base for this Hardware. A perfect example is the Sega Dreamcast. go get one and see if you can find anyone playing the online mode. Diablo 2 more than amillion people play this game that came out on pc around the same time. What PC has over Xbox is games on PC seem to have more longevity. a game like gears of war is a perfect example. it took alot of players from Halo 2 to become xbox live #1 played game alot of players traded in there Halo 2 already.. PC you can't trade games your kinda forced to keep them. Since it is a PC you can just instal the game and trade it in and make a copy of the CD so no trade in fo you :)
darklord888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 darklord888
Member since 2004 • 8382 Posts

2nd strong point
Voice comunication. i would love to play game where everyone had a mic. World of Warcraft for example or any FPS.it is a cool function that not alot of PC games have.
peacebringer

WoW has ventrillo or teamspeak. Other games like BF2, BF2142, CS: S and C&C3 all have voice com in-game already.
cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 cobrax25
Member since 2006 • 9649 Posts
no, no one will care about a paid service. 1. Stat tracking is already implemented into every game that use the gamespy browser (which is almost every) 2. VOIP is usually built into the game. PC games have more Longevity because of Mods.
LongshotX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LongshotX2
Member since 2006 • 842 Posts
It costs moneh. /thread
cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 cobrax25
are you actually saying its a good Idea to remove Mods? your joking right.
peacebringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 peacebringer
[QUOTE="cobrax25"]are you actually saying its a good Idea to remove Mods? your joking right.

i'm not against Total Conversion Mods but stupid mods to make everyone fly and lill kill him now MP3 are not worth my time to Download before i can play the game. ventrillo is not so user friendly thats why no one other than guilds use vent. and you have to go to the website if you never heard of it and download this file that has nothing to do with the game. i'm talking about out the retail box voice communication. like HL2 and Bf2
alfy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 alfy13
Member since 2004 • 3600 Posts
lol no mods equal no pc gamer lol. but yah so much for wishful thikning peace.
cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 cobrax25
[QUOTE="peacebringer"][QUOTE="cobrax25"]are you actually saying its a good Idea to remove Mods? your joking right.

i'm not against Total Conversion Mods but stupid mods to make everyone fly and lill kill him now MP3 are not worth my time to Download before i can play the game. ventrillo is not so user friendly thats why no one other than guilds use vent.

If your against them dont play them, cause there is not a single Hermit here who would ever want Mods removed. The Benifits of Mods far outweigh the negatives.
alfy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 alfy13
[QUOTE="cobrax25"]are you actually saying its a good Idea to remove Mods? your joking right.peacebringer
i'm not against Total Conversion Mods but stupid mods to make everyone fly and lill kill him now MP3 are not worth my time to Download before i can play the game. ventrillo is not so user friendly thats why no one other than guilds use vent. and you have to go to the website if you never heard of it and download this file that has nothing to do with the game. i'm talking about out the retail box voice communication. like HL2 and Bf2

vent not so user friendly? how hard is itt input a IP address? and hit connect, how much user friendly does it have to be?
Supafly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Supafly1
Member since 2003 • 4441 Posts
Modding is one of the best things out there. I get tired of the same old thing so I want new things and that's why I thank mods for changing maps, weapons, sounds and so on. I still think that Live is stupid for PC, we've done great without it, even better than Live on the X-box and X-box 360. So Microsoft can hitch a ride to nowhere with its Live Anywhere.
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts
actualy it will neither harm or help Pc gaming, because it will be largely ignored by both games and developers. It will remain a fun bonus for 360 owners who also ocassionaly play on Pc, but nothing mor
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#12 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
We already have voice communication. Ventrillo, Teamspeak, Skype, Xfire, and Hamachi are all great programs. And DO NOT use "Standardized" crap on me. Xfire comes with almost all new PC games. There is no incentive to purchase live. We already have dedicated servers and HIGH DEF servers that run way better than any crap microsoft server. Why bother?
peacebringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 peacebringer
[QUOTE="peacebringer"][QUOTE="cobrax25"]are you actually saying its a good Idea to remove Mods? your joking right.alfy13

vent not so user friendly? how hard is itt input a IP address? and hit connect, how much user friendly does it have to be?

how about turing the game off to go to thewensite to download. why can't it come with the game. vent servers arn't free either.
not to mention the random stop and go do to 2 apps running at same time
cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 cobrax25
[QUOTE="alfy13"][QUOTE="peacebringer"][QUOTE="cobrax25"]are you actually saying its a good Idea to remove Mods? your joking right.peacebringer

how about turing the game off to go to thewensite to download. why can't it come with the game.

Just a little hint... press either the windows key or Alt+Tab you will be in for quite a shock.

and VOIP does very often come with the game.
alfy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 alfy13
[QUOTE="alfy13"][QUOTE="peacebringer"][QUOTE="cobrax25"]are you actually saying its a good Idea to remove Mods? your joking right.peacebringer

how about turing the game off to go to thewensite to download. why can't it come with the game.

omg you are crying because you have to DL vent? if a person can not dl a program, then that person should not be on a pc and stick with consoles. also you can Alt Tab out of a game and let it run in back ground while you go dl vent. LMAO since when dling a small program become such a problem?
peacebringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 peacebringer
[QUOTE="peacebringer"][QUOTE="alfy13"][QUOTE="peacebringer"][QUOTE="cobrax25"]are you actually saying its a good Idea to remove Mods? your joking right.alfy13

omg you are crying because you have to DL vent? if a person can not dl a program, then that person should not be on a pc and stick with consoles. also you can Alt Tab out of a game and let it run in back ground while you go dl vent. LMAO since when dling a small program become such a problem?

but tell me if this makes sense in your head. you playing a FPS and you want to talk to them but the game doesn't have it you get vent right? not so easy the players on that server probally don't care about getting it. Xbox live it's mandatory to communicate by Voice. If your playing Company of Heros a random team match by the time you tell your temamate to go download the program and input your ip he'll be tooken over. Thats all i'm talking about. It would be more conveintant to walk to a starter level in World of warcraft and just talk to a random player and not have to switch servers. basically i want it like xbox 360 players communicate is that such a stupid request?
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Vandalvideo
[QUOTE="alfy13"][QUOTE="peacebringer"][QUOTE="alfy13"][QUOTE="peacebringer"][QUOTE="cobrax25"]are you actually saying its a good Idea to remove Mods? your joking right.peacebringer

but tell me if this makes sense in your head. you playing a FPS and you want to talk to them but the game doesn't have it you get vent right? not so easy the players on that server probally don't care about getting it. Xbox live it's mandatory to communicate by Voice. If your playing Company of Heros a random team match by the time you tell your temamate to go download the program and input your ip he'll be tooken over. Thats all i'm talking about. It would be more conveintant to walk to a starter level in World of warcraft and just talk to a random player and not have to switch servers. basically i want it like xbox 360 players communicate is that such a stupid request?

Almost all recent FPS games have built in VOIP. Don't cry that we are smart enough to use a program that has better codecs.
cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 cobrax25
[QUOTE="alfy13"][QUOTE="peacebringer"][QUOTE="alfy13"][QUOTE="peacebringer"][QUOTE="cobrax25"]are you actually saying its a good Idea to remove Mods? your joking right.peacebringer

you havent even played a PC game have you...... PC games have dedicated servers, which means that servers are always the same...which means that the VOIP IP that the server gives, is always one and the same.
peacebringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 peacebringer
[QUOTE="peacebringer"][QUOTE="alfy13"][QUOTE="peacebringer"][QUOTE="alfy13"][QUOTE="peacebringer"][QUOTE="cobrax25"]are you actually saying its a good Idea to remove Mods? your joking right.cobrax25

you havent even played a PC game have you...... PC games have dedicated servers, which means that servers are always the same...which means that the VOIP IP that the server gives, is always one and the same.

That has to possible be the worst attempt at figuring a person out. i only play PC games. I'm talking about vent server on WOW wich you probally have no idea about cause it was so clear what i said. Vent is a program a player can run and pay or create a Dedicated server so people can talk on it. vent usally generates the same 5 to 6 people a day with random people coming in and out. if you see a newb walking by in WOW he's not gonna hear you you have to get im to come to your server and if he's a newb he probally have a hard time. i just want in game voice in all PC games OMG is that so hard to ask. I'm saying because all Xbox live games are Voice we will see more voice enabled games and you don't have to pay a dime. is that gonna hurt PC gaming. why is it so stupid. it's free can you read.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Vandalvideo
[QUOTE="cobrax25"][QUOTE="peacebringer"][QUOTE="alfy13"][QUOTE="peacebringer"][QUOTE="alfy13"][QUOTE="peacebringer"][QUOTE="cobrax25"]are you actually saying its a good Idea to remove Mods? your joking right.peacebringer

That has to possible be the worst attempt at figuring a person out. i only play PC games. I'm talking about vent server on WOW wich you probally have no idea about cause it was so clear what i said. Vent is a program a player can run and pay or create a Dedicated server so people can talk on it. vent usally generates the same 5 to 6 people a day with random people coming in and out. if you see a newb walking by in org he's not gonna hear you you have to get im to come to your server and if he's a newb he probally have a hard time. i just want in game voice in all PC games OMG is that so hard to ask. I'm saying because all Xbox live games are Voice we will see more voice enabled games and you don't have to pay a dime. is that gonna hurt PC gaming. why is it so stupid. it's free can you read.

Lets give everyone in orgrimmar a FREAKING MICROPHONE. In the words of that Guineass commercial, 'BRILLIANT!" Ventrillo is a great method of weeding out anoying people.
cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 cobrax25
[QUOTE="cobrax25"][QUOTE="peacebringer"][QUOTE="alfy13"][QUOTE="peacebringer"][QUOTE="alfy13"][QUOTE="peacebringer"][QUOTE="cobrax25"]are you actually saying its a good Idea to remove Mods? your joking right.peacebringer

That has to possible be the worst attempt at figuring a person out. i only play PC games. I'm talking about vent server on WOW wich you probally have no idea about cause it was so clear what i said. Vent is a program a player can run and pay or create a Dedicated server so people can talk on it. vent usally generates the same 5 to 6 people a day with random people coming in and out. if you see a newb walking by in org he's not gonna hear you you have to get im to come to your server and if he's a newb he probally have a hard time. i just want in game voice in all PC games OMG is that so hard to ask. I'm saying because all Xbox live games are Voice we will see more voice enabled games and you don't have to pay a dime. is that gonna hurt PC gaming. why is it so stupid. it's free can you read.

you said FPS.... WOW is not an FPS.... and PC XBL only supports 2 games..... furthermore...WOW came out almost 3 years ago. By now almost every new game coming out has built in VOIP.... its not like WOW is gonna swich to XBL anyway. and Teamspeak Servers are free to host.
alfy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 alfy13

most pc gamers pretty much play on the same server, so getting ip address for the person hosing vent server is nto a issue. unless your a gamer who gets owned way to much on that one server and move on to antoher, then yah that can be a problem for you . as for wow. why would i want a random person talk me over voip? better yet why would i want a random person come up to me asking for info for a certain on a quest when that person can thottbot, why would i want a random person come upto me and ask for gold etc over voip? i use vent to chat with friends and for raids, not for random encoutners.  there is a huge reason why VOIP is not built into MMO's if you can not see them , then this debate is over , for me taht is.
alfy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 alfy13
[QUOTE="peacebringer"][QUOTE="cobrax25"][QUOTE="peacebringer"][QUOTE="alfy13"][QUOTE="peacebringer"][QUOTE="alfy13"][QUOTE="peacebringer"][QUOTE="cobrax25"]are you actually saying its a good Idea to remove Mods? your joking right.Vandalvideo

Lets give everyone in orgrimmar a FREAKING MICROPHONE. In the words of that Guineass commercial, 'BRILLIANT!" Ventrillo is a great method of weeding out anoying people.

lmao that was funny lol.