This generation is complete bunk. Nothing but failure after failure.

• 71 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for IronMaidenLives
IronMaidenLives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 IronMaidenLives
Member since 2007 • 703 Posts
Last gen was better. I'm still playing my old Xbox. No red lights on that thing.
gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#52 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

Flame away, I don't care. I see the truth, brothers. A gaming crash is inevitable.

I don't expect to be able to convince current-gen, spoiled gamers this. I just needed a rant.

IronMaidenLives
Lol same... i had 2 360s break spent alot of £££ on it... now only got a wii... getting ps3 for GTA4 and RE5 and movies... but yeh i have been playin fur fighters and toy commander on DREAMCAST :P
StealthSting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 StealthSting
Member since 2006 • 6915 Posts
Well it's true that every gen that passes, I have come to enjoy it less and less as time goes on when it comes to gaming. Still, it's just too early for this gen and I can already see quite a lot of games that interest me for every single console and PC.
daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#54 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts
this gen is the best so far..i think!
Serge-Chrono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Serge-Chrono
Member since 2007 • 691 Posts

I can't get enough of older gens either. Tip? Get yourself some emulators. Right now I'm playing Rogue Squadron, GTA VC, X Wing, Tie Fighter, WCW Mayhem, KOTOR, and a buncha prev-gen stuff, can't get enough of it. But I wouldn't consider this gen bad, in fact I think the 360 alone has a buncha fantastic games, and a lot more on the way. Wii and PS3 were huge dissapointments, but 360 alerady has some instant classics.V_Isle

Thats what i'm beginning to do, i'm playing FAllout the ultimate collection on the pc now... >>.

silverjiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 silverjiken
Member since 2005 • 2162 Posts
PS and N64 gen was the best
Supernova_86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Supernova_86
Member since 2007 • 517 Posts

You do realize that you are under no obligation to participate in this generation of gaming....right? Viviath

Lol, true. Its not like as if anybody is forcing anyone else to buy a 360/PS3/Wii. Stick with your SNES/PS1/Atari if you really want to :)

Newnab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#58 Newnab
Member since 2006 • 3081 Posts
I'm enjoying this gen so far but I think it's had a somewhat slower start than previous gens. This time next year I think things will be different and everyone will be totally satisfied with how this gen is panning out.
lucas_kelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 lucas_kelly
Member since 2005 • 5783 Posts
I agree.
Dencore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60 Dencore
Member since 2006 • 7094 Posts

Handhelds seem to be experiencing something of a golden age at the moment, so at least there's that. Otherwise the generation has been something of a wash so far, but things will likely stabilize within a year or so. Ultimate_Peon

Handhelds ARE the gaming systems of today.

[QUOTE="Dencore"]

Anyway this gen really has started off terribly, and noone use this "nostlagia" crud.

This time last gen we had Devil May Cry, SSX, Tekken Tag Tournament, Morrowwind, Metal Gear Solid 2, Final Fantasy X, Super Smash. Bros. Melee, Halo, Guilty Gear X, Klonoa 2, Unreal Tournament, Wave Race: Blue Storm, Dead or Alive 3, Tony Hawk 3, Rogue Squadron, and Grand Theft Auto III.

As you can see this gen is an utter embrassment to the last.

Vampyronight

Bravo. There has not been one ground-breaking game thus far. Several on that list were groundbreaking.

But it's all nostlagia :lol:

Also notice the high amount of variety on that list, everything popular now is literally a shooter *except Dead Rising and Super Paper Mario*

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#61 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts

So far, I haven't been playing anything new on my Wii and Xbox360!!! Now I just play some of the classics on the VC and purchasing some old xbox gamesjust to catch up on what games I missed on the previous gens!!!

*Sigh*

I'll agree, this gen is boring compared to the SNES and Genesis (Mega Drive) era!!!

Dencore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Dencore

I agree on pricing. Wii (especially its controllers)is overpriced, PS3 is too expesnive for a game console, the 360 is relatively expensive + has extra costs, and it seems the best games coming out rely on the same gameplay as almost 10 years ago.

But we're also human beings. Beings that raise our standards too high and expect more and more with each gen. Eventually there is a breaking point. The problem is that ever since last-gen, gamers expect excellent graphics, and if the visuals are great or 'up-to-scratch' then the gameplay will follow and be awesome. What happened to "wow, I hope I can do 'such-and-such' in this level," or "imagine the addicitveness of this game!"? Stop being so demanding. It's because of your demand that we're getting sequel after sequel after sequel. And when do get what we want, we throw it back at their face saying "It's not as good as the original" or "where was THIS feature!!!???" or "Why are the graphics crap?" even though this gen has technically devliered better games than any other gen.

A huge problem I'm having with this gen is that games are becoming more like real life and less like games. One reason I prefer Excite Truck over Motorstorm is BECAUSE Excite Truck is more unrealistic. I want to catapult an entire vehicle like it's a piece of plastic into the great wall of China. I want to soarhundreds of metresthrough the air and deform the terrain beneath me BECAUSE there's no way I can do that in real life.

I blame the gamer who expects too much of this gen. Take a step back, realise how FUN the game is, and then see if this gen sucks.

Optusnet

That's exactly what I'm complaining about, these games AREN'T fun. The games I listed none of them except a few were known for the graphics or tech, they were known for their gameplay and many are just flatout better then the games we get today. So no it has NOTHING to do with expectations.

What it has to do with is the sheer fact that we expect devs to live up for all the wrong reasons. Life-Life Like A.I., amazing physics, photorealisitic graphics, these things have NOTHING to do with the gameplay for the majority of the gaming genres. Do I need any of these things for an action-adventure game? adventure game? brawler? beat-em-up? platformer *advanced physics is something platformers shouldn't have*? The only genre that needs these things are 1 the shooter, which explains why there are so many. and not only that but gamers have slapped the devs in the face, who made the hardcore games the small developers. And how do we thank them for making these games? By buying multimillion dollar presentation built garbage by huge devs. that only care about profit instead of their games. And due to high dev. costs, small devs. are forced to go out of business or make some simple game on XBLA. Why do most gamers agree with this? Because they claim that these devs that create games just for the gamer are holding the industry back and that games that focus on making realistic looking environments are the wave of the future.That's why games suck the good devs get shuffled out and the focus of making games are all on presentation and none on substance or gameplay.

People shouldn't be talking about how high the production budget is for Too Human, they should talk about it's combat system.

People shouldn't be talking about Crysis's graphics, they should talk about how good it's level design is compared to Half-Life.

Expactations haven't raised they've lowered since nobody talks about gameplay anymore. I didn't remember people talking about whether or not they should put Capcom vs. SNK 2 online for the Dreamcast, I just heard how they should nail the controls down and have it play arcade perfect. Not so much today with the recently announced Soul Caliber IV, I have yet to hear someone mention it's combat system, all I hear is ONLINE ONLINE ONLINE GRAPHICS!

Gamers whine about how they wish there were original games like there use to, well where were you during the time when the devs made original games? Where you buying the original games? No you were buying some rehash or some stupid sequel.

Gamers whine about how Japanese devs. aren't as good as they use to be. Well when the Japanese core market crashed and the Japanese developer, the one who saved gaming and literally created hardcore console gaming, turned to us to keep it going and make profit what did we do? We brought Max Payne, Mech Assualt, or Dead to Rights instead, crud games built on presentation made by some talentless developers.

Gamers whine about how core gaming is getting dumbdowned recently. Well when Trokia made Vampires Blood of the Masquerade as the final testament of their work and there hopeful swan song did we buy it? No we brought Oblivion instead, because we all know how that game was solely made for the core gamer.

So you're right devs. aren't killing quality gaming, gamers are.

dubvisions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 dubvisions
Member since 2006 • 1815 Posts

Let's see, we have 360's crashing. Along with version after version of the 360.

Then we have the PS3. First it's too expensive, then they ditch the $500-20GB console and so forth and so forth. Not to mention the thing isn't selling very well.

And now we have the Wii which many feel doesn't improve on the GC that much.

Just what is going on this gen? When you bought a SNES, you got what you paid for and the the thing was reliable. No different versions and many great games.

When you bought the Genesis, the same thing.

When you bought the N64, you could drop it down a flight of stairs and the thing would still work.

Back in the day, nobody complained that the controller wasn't comfortable or it didn't have rumble.

Hardware issues? Nah, just dust needing a good blow off the inside of the cartridge.

I made a topic about not liking this gen before and my opinion still stands.

This generation is bunk. I'm really starting to hate it.

IronMaidenLives

You point is a little off. Let me give you a comparison to what you're saying.

"Back in the day, we had wagons. We didn't have any of this blown tire stuff. We didn't have to find gas, get oil changes, or general maintanence. We'd just grab the reigns and go." The problem is; how fast did they travel, how safe was it, how were they protected from weather, etc. etc.

You can't look back at a more simplistic system and say that it was better built. The more features you add, the more that can go wrong. this is what we've asked for.

Dencore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Dencore

So far, I haven't been playing anything new on my Wii and Xbox360!!! Now I just play some of the classics on the VC and purchasing some old xbox gamesjust to catch up on what games I missed on the previous gens!!!

*Sigh*

I'll agree, this gen is boring compared to the SNES and Genesis (Mega Drive) era!!!

FireEmblem_Man

Every gen is boring compared to the SNES and Genesis era.

No casuals or stupid punk teenagers and college kids controlling the Western Market, it was only gamers. Who else would've spent $80 on a game?

LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#65 LosDaddie
Member since 2006 • 10318 Posts
Sony and the PS3 are the only failures of this gen thus far.
Chack1598

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Chack1598
Member since 2004 • 1351 Posts

[QUOTE="theburg"]I thought consoles were for playing games, not dropping down flights of stairs. With progress and complexity, the potential issues that might arise go up exponentially. Go play your beloved n64 or deal with it and move on.IronMaidenLives

Oh, I can deal with it, brother.

...............................Are you Hulk Hogan?

IronMaidenLives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 IronMaidenLives

Stop whining. Just enjoy the games. Don't bulls**t me and say there are no games this gen.monkeysrfat

Who said anything about no games? Your reading skills fail you.

crazyjames1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 crazyjames1080
Member since 2006 • 7377 Posts
Yeah, I'm holding off all three for a bit unless Wii gets a price-drop soon. Resisting price drop + Prime 3 = torment for me.
IronMaidenLives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 IronMaidenLives

Yeah, I'm holding off all three for a bit unless Wii gets a price-drop soon. Resisting price drop + Prime 3 = torment for me.crazyjames1080

Besides the controls, I have a hunch MP3 will offer nothing new.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts

I've found this generation to be quite interesting.

Dencore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Dencore

I've found this generation to be quite interesting.

VGobbsesser

Totally agreed, while the games are unintresting the market share is very entertaining. :)

DevilMightCry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#74 DevilMightCry
Member since 2007 • 3554 Posts

Let's see, we have 360's crashing. Along with version after version of the 360.

Then we have the PS3. First it's too expensive, then they ditch the $500-20GB console and so forth and so forth. Not to mention the thing isn't selling very well.

And now we have the Wii which many feel doesn't improve on the GC that much.

Just what is going on this gen? When you bought a SNES, you got what you paid for and the the thing was reliable. No different versions and many great games.

When you bought the Genesis, the same thing.

When you bought the N64, you could drop it down a flight of stairs and the thing would still work.

Back in the day, nobody complained that the controller wasn't comfortable or it didn't have rumble.

Hardware issues? Nah, just dust needing a good blow off the inside of the cartridge.

I made a topic about not liking this gen before and my opinion still stands.

This generation is bunk. I'm really starting to hate it.

IronMaidenLives

I agree with you, but I still have fun with my consoles, and PC.

zombiepigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 zombiepigeon
Member since 2007 • 829 Posts

That's why we wait for price drops.

Once the price drops, the PS3 won't have any major flaws.

MS is working on their hardware problem.

Nintendo is releasing more games.