Thinking about trading in my Xbone for a PS4...

• 131 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 SpideR_CentS
Member since 2006 • 4766 Posts

Please read below before responding.

So I am torn here. I have 6+ real life friends that have an Xbox One and a few online ones as well. This is the biggest reason I want to keep the Xbone. I have been frustrated with the Xbone already with party chat issues and small things like that. I know those will all get fixed overtime. Say what you want, but Microsoft always fixes issues with patches. Titanfall is also dope. I will mostly play 3rd party games, each system has exclusives I want.

Now here's the thing, I have a feeling PS4 will continue to have smoother running, better looking games the entire gen. Last gen the PS3 was a pain to program for and most multiplatform games looked and/or proformed better on the 360. While PS3's exclusives looked better than the 360's. I really think the PS4 is more the console I want. It just seems to be what I am looking for. Now I can trade my XBone in right now and get a PS4 (+$18). This is probably the last chance I will have to do an even swap.

So I guess this is more a gaming in general question than a system wars question. Do I leave my friends behind if they don't want to switch over and do what I want? Or will leaving my buddies behind lead to me being bored as ____ on the other console? I should note while we do play together, it's not like I game daily or anything like that.

What do ya'll think?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178854 Posts

I think you can always save up and have both.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#3 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Sounds to me the smooth running and technical issues mean a lot to you. I would say get PS4 then. But if that's really important to you and you play a lot of 3rd party, then PC would be best. Still, I'm sure you'll make friends online on the PS4.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Do it. In half a year you'll have a hard time trading a Bone for WiiU trololol.

noodlevixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 noodlevixen
Member since 2010 • 480 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

I think you can always save up and have both.

I recommend this. It's what I'm going to do.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

It's a wise move for great games. The Xbone isn't quite next gen yet, I'd wait until mid 2015. Quantum Break should(hopefully) be a solid hit and might be out by then which should help prove the system. That's personally when I'm thinking of going in.

"So I guess this is more a gaming in general question than a system wars question. Do I leave my friends behind if they don't want to switch over and do what I want? Or will leaving my buddies behind lead to me being bored as ____ on the other console? I should note while we do play together, it's not like I game daily or anything like that."

It sounds like leaving your friends wouldn't be that much of an issue. You could always try and persuade them to come with you.

SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SpideR_CentS

Thanks for responses guys. I should mention I will get which ever system I don't right now sometime down the road. This is also another consideration as the One is $500 and PS4 $400. So even if I wait for price drops down the road PS4 will be cheaper still. Meh, I think I'm still jumping ship. The Show better be good this year lol.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

I'd say get both, but considering you use the Xbone to play with your friends, that means you'd end up getting all the inferior multiplats for Xbone in order to play with them. What would be the point in owning both if you were buying the worse version of every game?

You do not want to invest in multiplats for Xbone. The more you get, the more you'll regret, the deeper the hole will become. If I were you, I'd start off fresh and start buying all my multiplats for ps4. I've been in your similar situation, and it's not worth lowering yourself to your friends' level when you know for a fact they're making the wrong decision. Lead the way and if they're smart, they'll follow.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6059 Posts

Since you sound like a graphics whore, PS4 seems like a logical choice.

I am kind of regretting my ps4 right now. I should have got the xbox one first and enjoyed the good early start it has in terms of exclusives and got the ps4 when it is cheaper with more games. It was what I did last gen. Also the ps4 interface is barebones. it isn't a bad thing but if you are used to xbox one it might feel like a downgrade.

Avatar image for humoungousmoth7
HumoungousMoth7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 HumoungousMoth7
Member since 2013 • 36 Posts

I totally understand how you feel. I have an Xbox360 and really enjoy my friends and exclusives that it has. I recently am debating which console should I buy? All of my friends are getting the Xbox One and I don't want to be left playing by myself because it's really no fun. It's a blast having a party of 6 of my friends on the same team playing Call of Duty together. This is something that you really need to consider. The other big thing that you need to consider is which exclusives do you like? I love Halo, Fable etc. that are on the Xbox. The PlayStation games don't interest me but if Sony had Fable and Halo I would go for the cheaper more powerful system! Good luck with your choice :)

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

It's not worth it having to suffer inferior multiplats so you can play with friends. Trade it in, it's almost guarantee your friends will eventually by a PS4 down the road.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#12  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

PS4 seems like the better choice of console ATM but if all this is about which has better graphics, sell it and save up for a PC.

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 XboxStache
Member since 2013 • 1530 Posts

Another...thread...created...by....THE....WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABULANCEEEEEEEEEEE....WAHHHHHHHHHHH...

Seriously, this has troll written all over it. Unless you're really stupid enough to let others form an opinion for yourself. lol. You're trolling right...right...riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight? Ya.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

*facepalm*

Save up and get both. Problem solved.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

I wouldnt trade it the system with games to play for the system without games to play. Where is the sense in that. At least wait for a decent library to accumulate and/or a price drop.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

Maybe it's OCD or something, but I have a hard time owning both consoles and having the worse version of any multiplats. Like since I owned a ps3 and 360, I made sure to get the superior version of multiplats. PS4 was a no brainer choice for me as the first system to get this gen because I felt comfortable buying the multiplats for it as they're superior. If for example I were to buy an Xbone first and then a ps4 later after having accumulated a laundry list of multiplats for the bone, it would be a shitty feeling considering I now have access to the console with all of the superior versions of the games I already bought. It's why I buy 90% of my games on PC, but if you're a console only guy, PS4 is the logical choice.

Just remember that the console is the cheap part. Collecting the software is where things get expensive. Just make sure you're making the right choices when amassing your software because you don't want to be stuck with duds and left resorting to trade in values for the better versions later on.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6059 Posts

@XboxStache said:

Another...thread...created...by....THE....WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABULANCEEEEEEEEEEE....WAHHHHHHHHHHH...

Seriously, this has troll written all over it. Unless you're really stupid enough to let others form an opinion for yourself. lol. You're trolling right...right...riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight? Ya.

I can just taste the tears and they are a bit salty. Yuck!

TheTruthIsREAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TheTruthIsREAL
Member since 2013 • 813 Posts

@XboxStache said:

You never let anyone help you make decisions? I'm guessing not.

On topic: Yes. :D

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

Of course PS4 is better only idiots aka lemmings think Xbone is a good investment.

PS4 is better in every way.

-better first party and thus better exclusives

-better hardware and thus better multiplats

-no kinect aka chasing the casual pot of gold

-PS4 is winning in sales and thus possibly more exclusives by third party devs

-Better support than MS, 360 is dead and abandoned

Only thing you can play on Xbone now is an inferior multiplat, titanfall. Only idiots play it on Xbone, you should play it on PC.

So conclusion:

PS4 is superior in every way.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

Everyone who cares about games will end up with a PS4 anyway, if your friends don't get a PS4 right away after they see you playing Infamous Second Son on your shinny new PS4 they will be looking for the closest vendor to swap out and make the upgrade to the domination.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 I_can_haz

@XboxStache said:

SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SpideR_CentS

@XboxStache said:

I'm not trolling at all. And I'm not "letting others form an opinion for myself". I am considering my options and looking for others input. As well as interested if others have been in the same boat before and have input. Who was crying? Nice caps

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

you are posting this on system wars -1

the party chat issues were fixed last week in a patch -1

SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SpideR_CentS

@WilliamRLBaker said:

you are posting this on system wars -1

the party chat issues were fixed last week in a patch -1

No they weren't. Not what I am talking about at least. You sometimes have to reset you console to get voice to go thru your headset and to be able to be heard by your party. There is also an issue sometimes where 2 people can't hear each other but can hear the rest of the party.

KratosYOLOSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 KratosYOLOSwag
Member since 2013 • 1827 Posts

I'd wait until Infamous comes out (March 21) and get a PS4 then. Definitely getting your money's worth compared to the Xbox one.

With the PS4 you get the best combination of 1st and 3rd party games on the most powerful console of all time for $100 less.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Since all of your facts are wrong.......GTFO!

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 kinectthedots

@SpideR_CentS said:

@XboxStache said:

I'm not trolling at all. And I'm not "letting others form an opinion for myself". I am considering my options and looking for others input. As well as interested if others have been in the same boat before and have input. Who was crying? Nice caps

Lmao, He must have been in tears while he was writing that.

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 XboxStache
Member since 2013 • 1530 Posts

@TheTruthIsREAL said:

@XboxStache said:

No. Why would I let someone make a decision with what comes out my wallet?\

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

Hmmm playing with your freinds or getting "the better graphic version" ... cmon ..... friends obviously, ignore the stupid cows.

Just wait and save up for a PS4 for its exclusives... whenever that happens.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By I_can_haz

@Mkavanaugh77 said:

@I_can_haz said:

It's not worth it having to suffer inferior multiplats so you can play with friends. Trade it in, it's almost guarantee your friends will eventually by a PS4 down the road.

you know all about inferior multiplats eh?

Ps3 had tons of shitty multiplats, some even unplayable like skyrim lol.

LOL @ plebs like you playing Skyrim on console. Who does that?

Also I can't hear you over TLOU's record number of GOTY and graphics awards.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 kinectthedots

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Since all of your facts are wrong.......GTFO!

Another reason to switch, xbox fanboys are the worst group of D-bag gamers on the net.

Come join the fan base who abide by and practice the live, love learn philosophy brought by the company who are by gamers for gamers.

Sony welcomes you to the clan, you were the kind of gamer Sony had in mind when they made the PS4.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 I_can_haz

@Mkavanaugh77 said:

@I_can_haz said:

@Mkavanaugh77 said:

@I_can_haz said:

Perfect Dark zero 9/10>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>TLOU 8/10

cows don't play skyrim on consoles because they cant get the game to work lmao.

I played some of the best games on consoles, not on a pc

Zelda and Mario for example. stop using PC as a escape goat

Keep crying.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 kinectthedots

@I_can_haz said:

@Mkavanaugh77 said:

@I_can_haz said:

@Mkavanaugh77 said:

@I_can_haz said:

Keep crying.

legit GOAT, lems have nothing to compare. Their most hyped game (Titanfall) couldn't even manage an AAA average on Metacritic...DAMN.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

Stick with your mates unless you're going to get into single player experiences a lot imo.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

Get the system(s) with the games YOU want.. I had both last gen and hardly ever played with my friends because all they played was Call of Duty(which I was DONE with after CoD4).. No thx jeffrey.. I hang out with my friends plenty in person, don't need to play shitty games online with them just for the sake of it too..

Since they both have exclusives you want just get both

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#40 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

TC bought an Xbone.... LooooL

At least there's Titanfall to comfort you. XD

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By I_can_haz

@kinectthedots said:

@I_can_haz said:

@Mkavanaugh77 said:

@I_can_haz said:

@Mkavanaugh77 said:

@I_can_haz said:

Keep crying.

legit GOAT, lems have nothing to compare. Their most hyped game (Titanfall) couldn't even manage an AAA average on Metacritic...DAMN.

Indeed. It's the main cause of all the asshurt lems are suffering currently lol. It's funny how one dev team can cause all this rage and butthurt.

TheTruthIsREAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 TheTruthIsREAL
Member since 2013 • 813 Posts

@XboxStache said:

@TheTruthIsREAL said:

No. Why would I let someone make a decision with what comes out my wallet?\

Bolded for convenience.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

If Perfect Dark Zero was so great, why did M$ turn Rare into a kiddie developer? Must have been those 750,000 copies the game has sold to date.

And the lems can keep Skyrim. For the casual n00bs in general ruined the series starting with Oblivion. TES is pretty much a shallow RPG for people who suck at RPG's. The only way it is even remotely playable is on the PC with mods. When the Xbox actually had a good TES game, none of you bastards would even own an Xbox because it wasn't hyped or the cool thing to brag about in your elementary school.

Vecna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Vecna
Member since 2002 • 3425 Posts

Sell it for a down payment on a gaming pc. Both consoles are crap. You will get inferior with both of them.

Jacobistheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Jacobistheman
Member since 2007 • 3975 Posts

The fact is that the Xbox One has more exclusive games worth playing right now. You can either stick with the console with better games, or switch to one with fewer games and slightly better graphics (that aren't different enough where you could even tell the difference if they weren't sitting side by side while you look for difference).

You are going to find annoying software bugs on both systems that will be worked out soon, it just takes a little bit of time.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@always_explicit said:

I wouldnt trade it the system with games to play for the system without games to play. Where is the sense in that. At least wait for a decent library to accumulate and/or a price drop.

While that's factually wrong, maybe his opinion on games differs from yours? Shock horror, aye? ;). Take off those tinted shades, you're indoors.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

@Jacobistheman:

Notice how you say "Right Now". Xbox consoles have always only been good for the short term though with the Playstation being the better long term investment. Sony could have had a much better next gen library. The just don't have the games yet because they didn't starve their consumer base for three to four years to do it with.

Must we forget Halogearsforza? Sony had more exclusives in 2013 alone then M$ has had in three or four years put together. It's just funny to me that lems define the PS4 as a console with no games when the Playstation brand has had so many. Why is that supposed to change all of a sudden?

Further more, Microsoft doesn't currently have much more than single title exclusive deals with third party companies. In 2015 or 2016, is anybody going to even care that Titanfall and Dead Rising we're exclusive in 2013 and 2014?

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

@SpideR_CentS said:

Please read below before responding.

So I am torn here. I have 6+ real life friends that have an Xbox One and a few online ones as well. This is the biggest reason I want to keep the Xbone. I have been frustrated with the Xbone already with party chat issues and small things like that. I know those will all get fixed overtime. Say what you want, but Microsoft always fixes issues with patches. Titanfall is also dope. I will mostly play 3rd party games, each system has exclusives I want.

Now here's the thing, I have a feeling PS4 will continue to have smoother running, better looking games the entire gen. Last gen the PS3 was a pain to program for and most multiplatform games looked and/or proformed better on the 360. While PS3's exclusives looked better than the 360's. I really think the PS4 is more the console I want. It just seems to be what I am looking for. Now I can trade my XBone in right now and get a PS4 (+$18). This is probably the last chance I will have to do an even swap.

So I guess this is more a gaming in general question than a system wars question. Do I leave my friends behind if they don't want to switch over and do what I want? Or will leaving my buddies behind lead to me being bored as ____ on the other console? I should note while we do play together, it's not like I game daily or anything like that.

What do ya'll think?

Keep your XBox One and get a PS4, then you can play both.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

never let friends influence your purchase decision, my mates got ps3 while i had 360 for most of last gen, but hey thats just advice man. u can do whatever the fu^^^k u wana do!!