Thinking about Canceling my Uncharted 3 Pre-order For LOTR W.o.N

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Slimmin360
Member since 2010 • 1933 Posts

Yeah i know it's sounds crazy, and i already know all the stellar reviews Uncharted 3 is getting, but i've been watching tons of gameplay footage on Youtube of LOTR and i'm lovin' every video i see.

Truth be told it is one of my favorite genres, and i know i'll eventually get Uncharted 3, but i can't afford both and i already pre-paid for Uncharted 3, so i think i'll just switch it to the LOTR this tuesday.

spookykid143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 spookykid143
Member since 2009 • 10393 Posts

Your loss.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Slimmin360

Your loss.

spookykid143
Why do you say that ? At least LOTR will be something different in the action rpg genre. Do you really think they'll be much of a difference with this latest version of Uncharted, yes it has gorgeous graphics, a new story, but you'll still be going from place to place finding artifacts, shooting down enemies, maybe the usual betrayal, and in the end you'll kill the bad guy, get the girl and find the treasure....so whats different ?
nightshade869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 nightshade869
Member since 2007 • 3457 Posts
I think you need to read and watch more on Uncharted. Lord of the Rings will get a price drop well before Uncharted 3 will so you may as well wait and get LOR later. U3 offers a lot of content and multiplayer has greatly expanded.
theuncharted34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 theuncharted34
Member since 2010 • 14529 Posts

Bad move. Unmeasurably bad.

TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TheFallenDemon
Member since 2010 • 13933 Posts

Lord of the Rings is still around?

DireOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DireOwl
Member since 2007 • 3352 Posts

Personally I wouldn't switch it's kinda a gamble. I say that because Uncharted 3 has gotten good scores from critics and users, where as LOTR has virtually nothing rated yet. Just do what you think is best.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Slimmin360

TheFallenDemon

theuncharted34
You guy's have obviously never heard or forgot about Snowblind studios, the creators of such mega hit titles as the Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance and Champions of Norrath series. This game will be a hit, maybe it won't get the accolades that Uncharted 3 will, but it will be a great game.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts
LOTR is bargain bin material.
Tikeio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Tikeio
Member since 2011 • 5332 Posts

[QUOTE="spookykid143"]

Your loss.

Slimmin360

Why do you say that ? At least LOTR will be something different in the action rpg genre. Do you really think they'll be much of a difference with this latest version of Uncharted, yes it has gorgeous graphics, a new story, but you'll still be going from place to place finding artifacts, shooting down enemies, maybe the usual betrayal, and in the end you'll kill the bad guy, get the girl and find the treasure....so whats different ?

You just spoiled Uncharted 2's entire "story" in one sentence. :lol:

Well except.... [spoiler] you end up with NO treasure at the end. :P [/spoiler]

Gameplay and the scripted events were great, but the story was garbage.

Don't really care much for that LOTR game though. Looks kinda mediocre tbh....

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
dude give the game a month and it will hit the $30 mark
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
your lose... enjoy that bargain bin game
AtlanticRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#13 AtlanticRock
Member since 2007 • 8131 Posts

not sure if serious... but funny TC

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Slimmin360

your lose... enjoy that bargain bin gamecampzor

Hey whatever, you think what you want, i'm not going to bash Uncharted, but honestly i don't like playing online shooters and so after i beat Uncharted 3 in 20 hours or so then what, i won't play multiplayer because i don't like it, so i'll be stuck with a $65 game i don't wanna play again.

If i'm going to play a 20 hour campaign, i'd rather it be a genre i love enough to play over and over again...There's a reason i don't still have my Uncharted 1 & 2 games, because i beat the single player and i'm done, but i still have my Oblivion game from 5 years ago, and i just played it today.

I'm sure i'll play through LOTR a couple of dozen times too.

Tikeio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Tikeio
Member since 2011 • 5332 Posts

[QUOTE="campzor"]your lose... enjoy that bargain bin gameSlimmin360

Hey whatever, you think what you want, i'm not going to bash Uncharted, but honestly i don't like playing online shooters and so after i beat Uncharted 3 in 20 hours or so then what, i won't play multiplayer because i don't like it, so i'll be stuck with a $65 game i don't wanna play again.

If i'm going to play a 20 hour campaign, i'd rather it be a genre i love enough to play over and over again...There's a reason i don't still have my Uncharted 1 & 2 games, because i beat the single player and i'm done, but i still have my Oblivion game from 5 years ago, and i just played it today.

Uncharted 3 is only about 8 hours long... :|

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#16 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Cool beans dude, but for serious, I think Uncharted will be the better game.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Slimmin360

[QUOTE="Slimmin360"]

[QUOTE="campzor"]your lose... enjoy that bargain bin gameTikeio

Are you serious ? Well then thank you, You just solidified my decision for me, now i'm definitely not getting Uncharted until it drops to like $20 or $30, unbelievable only an 8 hour single player campaign, and me who doesn't play online.....LOL OMG What exactly are you guy's defending ?
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
[QUOTE="Tikeio"]

[QUOTE="Slimmin360"]

Slimmin360

Are you serious ? Well then thank you, You just solidified my decision for me, now i'm definitely not getting Uncharted until it drops to like $20 or $30, unbelievable only an 8 hour single player campaign, and me who doesn't play online.....LOL OMG What exactly are you guy's defending ?

well its the same length as the other 2 games. If you want to buy it then go for it... still dont get the point of this thread though
supdotcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 supdotcom
Member since 2010 • 1121 Posts

blog it.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

ahh.. why ask if you have already make up your mind about buying LOTR instead of Uncharted 3

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

If I was in your position I'd do that too. Snowblind is a fantastic studio and they've got resources from WB to work with. I have no doubts that LotR will be great.

eboyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 eboyishere
Member since 2011 • 12681 Posts
Sure? cause i havent heard much about LOTR so far
Domobomb_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Domobomb_
Member since 2005 • 383 Posts
Yeah, I think you should. LOTR is looking really good. Uncharted 2 kind'a sucked. I don't expect much more out of U3. You should get the PC version of LOTR; it's be cheaper, and it'll probably be far superior than any console version.
Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#24 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

[QUOTE="TheFallenDemon"]

Slimmin360

theuncharted34

You guy's have obviously never heard or forgot about Snowblind studios, the creators of such mega hit titles as the Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance and Champions of Norrath series. This game will be a hit, maybe it won't get the accolades that Uncharted 3 will, but it will be a great game.

Ya but they make these games with bad ideas. When are they going to make a free roaming LOTR game? Its past due for one. I hate how linear their games are, its just no excuse for good game standards now days.

Im not defending U3 because quite frankly i think these games are way over hyped. They are all short, and I wasnt impressed by the multiplayer in U3.

uncharted will not flop because it is so popular, and LOTR might flop. It all depends on how they make the game.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts

[QUOTE="Tikeio"]

[QUOTE="Slimmin360"]

Slimmin360

A 20 hour campaign would be incredible. It's probably around 6 - 8 hours though, yeah.

I never thought the Uncharted series was that good anyway, I'm waiting for Uncharted 3 to drop in price myself.

Just watched gameplay footage of LOTR... Wow, it looks awful. lol

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Slimmin360

If I was in your position I'd do that too. Snowblind is a fantastic studio and they've got resources from WB to work with. I have no doubts that LotR will be great.

Phoenix534
[QUOTE="Domobomb_"]Yeah, I think you should. LOTR is looking really good. Uncharted 2 kind'a sucked. I don't expect much more out of U3. You should get the PC version of LOTR; it's be cheaper, and it'll probably be far superior than any console version.

Finally a few people agree with me, it was beginning to look like an Uncharted 3 only club in here, funny thing is theres so much more to do in ANY rpg game as far as leveling up, finding loot, duel wielding weapons, a bigger variety of creatures and enemies in general, plus conjuring spells and a certain strategy required when playing 4 player co-op. Shooters whether there 3rd or first person are all the same, shoot a group of people , move to another area, find some ammo and guns, shoot more people, watch a cut scene, shoot some more people, and in Uncharted's case do some platforming. Seriously you would think less gamers would succumb to all Uncharted 3's hype and prefer a game with more of a variety as far as environments, quests and leveling up attributes, the RPG genre in general has much more to do.
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#27 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

I bought/pre ordered both Uncharted 3 and Lotr war in the north :P

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

its your money go for it

XenoNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 XenoNinja
Member since 2003 • 5380 Posts

Good decision! The Uncharted games have the crappiest character animations I've ever seen.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

. still dont get the point of this thread thoughcampzor

he is saying uncharted the almighty game that saved the ps3 is whatevers is what he is saying..

dkdk999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 dkdk999
Member since 2007 • 6754 Posts
I think it could be a great game and if your in the mood go for it. However like other people are saying it might be on sale soon. I plan on buying when it's 20-30$ and that might not take long.
good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#32 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts
I want both, so I can't hate either way. Uncharted 1&2 are two of my favorite games available on PS3. Yet, I love RPGs so it whatever. The only difference is, Uncharted 3 will be my first non-downloadable game purchase in nearly 8 months, come Tuesday I'll be playing it. No telling when or if I'll be playing War in the North.
SRTtoZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SRTtoZ
Member since 2009 • 4800 Posts

I agree with everyone else...bad bad move. Dont get me wrong, LOTR looks good (for a lotr game) but id wait for some reviews and hands on...It can be an 8-9 type of game or a 5, it wouldnt suprise me.

mD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mD-
Member since 2005 • 4314 Posts

W/e dude, it's your decision. I have to say though, it's gonna be your loss! =p

Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#35 Diviniuz
Member since 2009 • 6460 Posts
I thought all you owned was an apple computer slim
harshv82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 harshv82
Member since 2008 • 1120 Posts
If I had PS3 I'd be definitely getting Uncharted 3. And this is coming from a hermit lol
hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

Yeah i know it's sounds crazy, and i already know all the stellar reviews Uncharted 3 is getting, but i've been watching tons of gameplay footage on Youtube of LOTR and i'm lovin' every video i see.

Truth be told it is one of my favorite genres, and i know i'll eventually get Uncharted 3, but i can't afford both and i already pre-paid for Uncharted 3, so i think i'll just switch it to the LOTR this tuesday.

Slimmin360
this is suicidal
Scoob64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38 Scoob64
Member since 2008 • 2635 Posts

review scores don't mean as much as those on System Wars would preach...

get what game appeals to you.

thats what i do, and it works amazingly :)

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 waltefmoney
Member since 2010 • 18030 Posts

Okay. Not sure why you're making a thread about this though.

bri360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 bri360
Member since 2005 • 2755 Posts

Good for you?

I dont really see the point of this thread lol, shoulda blogged it...

Or are you bashing UC3?

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

My problem with War in the North is just how "average" it looks overall - bland environments and uninspired combat, to name a few. I love Lord of the Rings, but this game reminds me of Conquest, and that's not a good thing.

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

Not flaming you man, but I really loath these kinds of threads, this isnt facebook.

If we can 'convince' you to get one the other then you werent really serious about either of them.

The point of post is, its your money, Do whatever the hell you want.

exiledsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 exiledsnake
Member since 2005 • 1906 Posts
You pre-ordered Uncharted 3 even though its not your type of game? Wth...
Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#45 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

You pre-ordered Uncharted 3 even though its not your type of game? Wth...exiledsnake
He's aboard the hype train.

MasterKingMP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MasterKingMP
Member since 2008 • 1740 Posts

Do what you feel is best.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Go for it if that's what you want, but you should never let System Wars of all places decide for you.

Supabul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#48 Supabul
Member since 2004 • 4266 Posts
Stay with Uncharted 3, LOTR will go down in price quicker, its going up against some huge titles this holiday. Thats what I'm doing
sethman410

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 sethman410
Member since 2008 • 2967 Posts

Hey TC ignore most of these folks. Do what you think is best and honestly don't get uncharted until it's $20 or something.. Its not worht 60 lol. I think it is a wise decision to cancel your pre-order and play LOTR because you seem very hungry for some rpg games.

EDIT: Actually seriously, no game this generation is worth 60 bucks..but i would wait a month before buying LOTR as most people are saying it will price drop soon.

dkdk999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 dkdk999
Member since 2007 • 6754 Posts

Okay. Not sure why you're making a thread about this though.

waltefmoney
It's just a good topic to make conversation. We're supposed to talk about weither it's a good idea. And I mean really dude ? you have a problem with this but not the dozens of nonsensical threads where people simply make some argument about one game/system being better than another.