Things you absolutely hate about some of your favorite games of all time.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for fatzombiepigeon
fatzombiepigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 fatzombiepigeon
Member since 2005 • 8199 Posts

Gears of War: That stupid vehicle segment with the Kryll. It seems like there's always some vehicle or turrent that you have to use in every first or third person shooter, and 70 percent of the time it's never any fun. It's just frustrating.

Darkwatch: That turrent sequence on the train. It wasn't anything like the awesome shooting parts where you ride the horse. Those were awesome. The turrent was just frustrating.

OoT: The Water Temple. Almost everyone hates the Water Temple.

Anyone else?

Moon_of_Majora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Moon_of_Majora
Member since 2006 • 6065 Posts
I hate Zelda.
Avatar image for fatzombiepigeon
fatzombiepigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 fatzombiepigeon
Member since 2005 • 8199 Posts

I hate Zelda.Moon_of_Majora

The character or the games? Because I've seen you posting in other threads I thought you really liked it. >_>

nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts
dude zelda is awesome, and recently, she's actually fighting along side with link, not simply get abducted
jvonrader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 jvonrader
Member since 2006 • 2183 Posts
I really wish I could play ranked games with my friends list on Gears.  Yeah, boosters could exploit it, but it would be so much better than jumping into some game with a homeschooled 12 year old that plays this game all day and starts trash-talking when he gets kills. 
Moon_of_Majora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Moon_of_Majora
Member since 2006 • 6065 Posts

[QUOTE="Moon_of_Majora"]I hate Zelda.fatzombiepigeon

The character or the games? Because I've seen you posting in other threads I thought you really liked it. >_>

I love the games.

I hate the princess.

That's one reason why Majora's Mask is my favorite Zelda game -- she's only in it for one minute, and she actually does something helpful for once. :?

rabbidcrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rabbidcrazy
Member since 2006 • 371 Posts

Tomb Raider (PS1 games):
   - I hated the grid system. Where it worked well most the time, sometimes it made jumps impossible when coupled with the camera.

Resident Evil Series:
   - Resident Evil Survivor and Dead Aim... why did they have to make them???

Battlefield 2 (PS2, Xbox)
   - The glitches in the online levels :?
   - The fact you're invincible for a second when you go prone. (Everyone that does it looks like an idiot.... [standing, prone, stand prone, stand prone etc etc etc] )

dubguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dubguy
Member since 2005 • 501 Posts
you pretty much can play with your friends in gears of war in ranked if you plan it its relitivaly easy
Doomlike_Mitc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Doomlike_Mitc
Member since 2006 • 4912 Posts
Well GeOW, I am completely sick of waiting in GeOW when you die, its so anoying... it takes SOOOOOOO long sometimes, really frustrating... because of this I think CSS is better then GeOW in MP, CSS has just more to do, you might wait, but it wont take that long most of the time. 
beerm_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 beerm_basic
Member since 2002 • 2488 Posts

mafia - alot of the cars are too slow

shining force 2 - the battle system can getting boring towards the end

f-zero gx - on very hard some of the missions are near impossible

LOZ: OOT - Like above water temple

Final Fantasy 7 - once leave midgar the part where you are doing a flashback with sephoroth is BORING

quake 2 - not long enough

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts
I hate the Alucard Shield/Shield Rod combo in Castlevania:SOTN. It is the cheapest thing ever, although you don't have to use it.
Tony_aaaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Tony_aaaa
Member since 2007 • 475 Posts
I agree, I HATE all "save the princess" crutches that are used in games. I mean, if she said "save me and I'll give you head" that would make sense, but no, it's just "save me cause I'm the princess".....why should I care.??....totally weak
Grive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Grive
Member since 2006 • 2971 Posts
It was too easy for an alien to simply murder one of your best operatives without you being able to do anything at all, if luck had it's way. You could just land, and if the roll came out badly, an alien with high initiative would have a grenade in your ship's bay before you could get your upgraded soldiers out the door.

That sucked especially because having a soldier survive a lot of encounters (while being active) was quite a feat in that game.

If you must know, I'm talking about X-Com, UFO defense.
Fr3357YL3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Fr3357YL3
Member since 2006 • 646 Posts
How can you hate the water temple? It was the only temple that was actually difficult...
jvonrader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#15 jvonrader
Member since 2006 • 2183 Posts
Well GeOW, I am completely sick of waiting in GeOW when you die, its so anoying... it takes SOOOOOOO long sometimes, really frustrating... because of this I think CSS is better then GeOW in MP, CSS has just more to do, you might wait, but it wont take that long most of the time. Doomlike_Mitc
In that 8-page CliffyB interview on IGN, he hints that there's new content and updates on the way for MP. Heavy hinting is given to new MP game types. Count me in on a variation of Warzone where you respawn and play for a set period of time. It would make the MP much more addictive.
kentlucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kentlucky
Member since 2003 • 354 Posts
Needless to say, in Halo 2 I hated the ending.  
duh555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 duh555
Member since 2006 • 864 Posts

Although the 2-D Mario games are amazing I hate the fact that the story always involves you saving the princess.

cooler890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 cooler890
Member since 2005 • 2760 Posts
I hate that wind waker was way too easy
Tony_aaaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Tony_aaaa
It was too easy for an alien to simply murder one of your best operatives without you being able to do anything at all, if luck had it's way. You could just land, and if the roll came out badly, an alien with high initiative would have a grenade in your ship's bay before you could get your upgraded soldiers out the door.

That sucked especially because having a soldier survive a lot of encounters (while being active) was quite a feat in that game.

If you must know, I'm talking about X-Com, UFO defense.
Grive
:) that brings back memories. I would always name the weak soldiers after my teachers and ex-girlfriends...... Definetly one of the best games of all time. It REALLY needs to be rereleased.
Grive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Grive
Member since 2006 • 2971 Posts
[QUOTE="Tony_aaaa"] :) that brings back memories. I would always name the weak soldiers after my teachers and ex-girlfriends...... Definetly one of the best games of all time. It REALLY needs to be rereleased.

Indeed they do. A full-fledged PC game of today... with the storage space of today... no more generic cities/farms!

Imagine having to stop a threat in egypt and fighting in a cairo-like city, or a battle in a historical mexican town... that would define ownage.

I'm just bitter because last time I played that game, I had a soldier who was in the first sortie survive (despite being sent in all missions his squad was sent to (Except those when he was injuried, of course)... and then die in the first turn after entering the battle zone in mars...

Yeah, it kinda brought me to tears of anger and sadness combined.
palaric8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 palaric8
Member since 2006 • 2246 Posts

Although the 2-D Mario games are amazing I hate the fact that the story always involves you saving the princess.

duh555
that haven't changed much
palaric8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 palaric8
Member since 2006 • 2246 Posts

duh555
that haven't changed much
Tony_aaaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Tony_aaaa
[QUOTE="Grive"][QUOTE="Tony_aaaa"] :) that brings back memories. I would always name the weak soldiers after my teachers and ex-girlfriends...... Definetly one of the best games of all time. It REALLY needs to be rereleased.

Indeed they do. A full-fledged PC game of today... with the storage space of today... no more generic cities/farms!

Imagine having to stop a threat in egypt and fighting in a cairo-like city, or a battle in a historical mexican town... that would define ownage.

I'm just bitter because last time I played that game, I had a soldier who was in the first sortie survive (despite being sent in all missions his squad was sent to (Except those when he was injuried, of course)... and then die in the first turn after entering the battle zone in mars...

Yeah, it kinda brought me to tears of anger and sadness combined.

The problem is, unless they just do a direct compatibility "port" they'll mess it up---trying to "make it 3D" or some other crap that will destroy the balance and essance of the game (IMO X-COM 1 + 2 were the only great ones)
DrinkDuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DrinkDuff
Member since 2004 • 6762 Posts
In Halo CE: the second level, its just too long and drawn out and there isn't enough action. Whenever I try to play it I get bored half way through and start throwing myself off cliffs and beat down my teammates. :P