These Are The Top 15 Rated Games Of This Year So Far

• 106 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

I dumped Microsoft long ago after the OG Xbox. The 360 just lacked variety when it came to exclusives. Sure the system had it's run of Japanese exclusives but I didn't find them very appealing. It's the whole reason I chose to stick with Sony the past 2 generations. This gen Sony has made their line up even stronger. It's all about the games and I don't see Microsoft being able to compete anytime soon. Sure M$ could buy a timed exclusive here or there but I don't see it making much of a difference. They should have never disbanded RARE and M$ game studios. M$ seems to think they can win the console war without having to invest in developers long term.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23942 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

I'm one of those people who likes to git gud/grind hard for rare loot or bonus stats. Can I do that or is the time constraint a hinderance against min/maxing?

Well...

Persona does allow for grinding. But there isnt really much of a point with bonus stats. 99% of your power comes from your equipped skills. The main use for your protagonist's level is quite frankly, to allow for more powerful fusions. Likewise each Persona has a seperate level from your character level. And Persona's are more tools than permanent mainstays, they level up much slower than your characters, and the up and coming personas have more compelling skills and resistances. Any old skills you liked on your previous personas can be inherited at your will at fusion. So nothing of value was lost there.

In the dating sim aspect, you can max every single social skill and get every single friendship in a single run. But this takes a lot of schedule management and ass kissing. When you do this, Persona becomes a ass kissing simulator. INstead of actually roleplaying, you pick whatever options which net you the most points, instead of having doing what you or your character would wnat in a single day, you go where the points tell you to go. You will not visit Ryuyi today, in a week you will have an event which gives you +5 relationship points with him. Allowing you to not waste a day getting his relationship up for the next cooperation boost. Even in the actual dialgoue, you are usually given 3 options, one of these 3 options give the most points by far, so in dialogue you are not really roleplaying, you are ass-kissing. In other words, minmaxing the slice of life aspect is a pretty dreadful experience, remember how stupid managing your training in Oblivion was, managing relationships in Persona is even worse.

There are no real choices to make, no real consequences, you can max everything in a single run with no worries. Max everything to your heart's content :) But beware that you might make hte game extremely boring trying to do so.

At least... Persona always had the decency to not lock the best ending, to your character relationships. **** you Devil Survivor 2, **** you so much.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#103 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@reduc_ab_: Um what am i resisting again???

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#104  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56219 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

@reduc_ab_: Um what am i resisting again???

That you like her.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

@davillain-: ;>

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#106 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@davillain-: Nah i don't like nor dislike her, and that goes for you too lol.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#107 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56219 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

@davillain-: Nah i don't like nor dislike her

XD